• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

tw1n

Smash Champion
Well with the chipmink craze restarting, I can see why that would suck. But Alvin still works well :)
At least it's not Alabaster or some of those names that parents give their kids out of an act of cruelty (or drug induced state)

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol my name is David.
My brothers name is Kyle.

Thank god we arent like so mant twins with similar names.
Dan and Dave, Kevin and Kyle, Randy and Andy...
I have know twins with those names lol.

And I have met a man named Alabaster lol.

Winnar

Smash Lord
population 4

Hi I'm Ryan, melee is fun, and I'm hosting a huge tournament just because I like the bros around here

Tee ay eye

Smash Hero
dis is the greatest april fools joke ever

someone should come play with me because smash

DippnDots

Feral Youth
holy **** i cant believe it's april 1st again, time flies fellow smashers

edit: oh that's mad cute

I bet this is why premium membership has been all messed up the past couple of weeks :O

edit2: oh that's even more cute

tw1n

Smash Champion
holy **** i cant believe it's april 1st again, time flies fellow smashers

edit: oh that's mad cute

I bet this is why premium membership has been all messed up the past couple of weeks :O

edit2: oh that's even more cute
Lol ya. I have to quote people sometimes to see what the heck they are actually saying hahaha.
Some of the name changes are funny. Some of them are annoying tho...

Oh ya and woohoo to this club scene actually growing lol. Yo VMan! I'll see you in a few months!

tw1n

Smash Champion
And typos. Can't forget those ;)

Too add another (from your reasoning for this), your hobbies also include johning ;)

Kanelol

Smash Lord
So this was in my browser when I woke up the other morning. I didn't have much memory of the night before, and this is sort of an insight into how my mind was functioning. I considered it ****ing hysterical to see the massive rift between my idiocy and my sobriety. But I think I really thought I was trying to say something.

Anyway, you may get a laugh out of this, you may not. Whaterrh.

I'm tripping balls right now, but I feel like for posterity I should record this. I had a revelation earlier. As a disciple of Skinnerian theory, I have sanctimoniously adhered to the concept that people are nothing more than collections of their past experiences. Here's the butt****ery. In a perfectly rational, logical world, just knowing that fact would release the average person from the bonds of tyrannical normalcy. A glorious cascade of virgin thought, flowing outward from every single mind due to one single revelation. But it doesn't work like that. The brain is a closed system. You can't break out. There's no point in trying. I don't know why you keep trying like that, Kane. Just enjoy being in here, in your little flesh prison, gazing out at the world from behind these bars of your thoughts. See your skin as not what separates you from the universe, but as what connects you to it The world is a playground, you live your life, then you die. Do what you will, disregard the consequences, remember you can always walk away and light a cigar. The end of an idea is the end of a life, the end of a life is the end of reality. Existence is here for you, and you alone. Frolic out in that field that wouldn't exist if you weren't here to perceive it.

But by the time you've matured enough to realize that you're just a collection of your past experiences, it's already too late to change.

HOLY **** DUDE

You're gonna be sober when you read this. Probably. Close enough. You ****ing stoner. I'm you, but in a different time, a different place. If you could ask yourself anything, and honestly know that you would answer, what would you ask?

Am I happy? Yes. Am I fulfilled? Not really. But I will be. One day. We all have our time, and once we get there, we're there. Do I have any plans for the future? Aside from making sure it's as bizarre as possible, no.

Here's the thing, I'm you. I'm another person. But you know what you do. No matter what you're saying, you're always pouring out your heart and soul, trying to convince someone of something. But I'm not doing that here. This is all I'm saying. I need you to make me this one single promise. Ok? Do you think we can do that? Well it doesn't matter, I'm doing it with or without you. Here's the promise: Promise me you can and you will share this with someone. With anyone. With everyone. It's right there, it's right here, you can reach out and grab it. Just please, please, PLEASE SHOW PEOPLE THE WAY. THEY KNOW NOT WHAT THEY DO AND THEY NEED GUIDANCE> THEY NEED A LEADER< A HER< SOME KIND OF SHINING KNIGHT TO SAVE THEM FROM THE DOLDRUMS OF THEIR EVERYDAY EXISTENCE AND YOU CAN BE TYHAT MAN

So you're gonna do that for me. You don't really have a choice. Because I'm gonna sign your name now.

-Kane Powell

P.S. Now I'm gonna go do something you'll completely not remember tomorrow morning

I then found that I had signed my own laptop in Sharpie. And that I had drawn a freakishly creepy picture, with the three words "I'M WATCHING YOU" in bold across the page, bordered by spastic scribbles and non-euclidean shapes. I had then hidden this picture behind a poster on my door.

Just felt like sharing.

Divinokage

Smash Legend
Is this supposed to be a semi-creepy story? lol.

Anyways, your other you is weak! I will be the one to show the world that miracles happen, not you!! RAWR! =D

Kanelol

Smash Lord
Is this supposed to be a semi-creepy story? lol.

Anyways, your other you is weak! I will be the one to show the world that miracles happen, not you!! RAWR! =D
I was kinda creeped out when I read it, to be honest.

It'll be a miracle if you show the world miracles happen :O

Divinokage

Smash Legend
I was kinda creeped out when I read it, to be honest.

It'll be a miracle if you show the world miracles happen :O
Well seriously though, I thought it was pretty funny. The brain is simply a tool that is used by the "mind" or the "self". It thinks a lot of random stuff, a lot of those stuff don't really reveal anything about yourself at all, however most people still identify itself to those thoughts and make it who they are. Which is why past experiences is that exact thing.

However, these days I don't believe in that ****, I believe I can be whoever I want when I want to.. I can change from being sad to happy in 1 second if I really wanted to. It's just a matter of understanding the truth of the matter, if you aren't scared of the truth then things don't affect you stupidly. Like you won't get mad if someone insults you, instead you'll ask why did he insult you like that? You know.. the root of the problem. It takes A ****TON OF PRACTICE I'll tell you that, I'm nowhere near that level, but I'm trying everyday.. to see the intelligence in everything, to appreciate what I have in front of me. Just be happy for real without fake BS. You know? =P

Last thing.. I believe we also have infinite potential, we can ascend to something higher... I'm sure of it. However, first like your other you said.. you have to realize you are trapped.. you can escape, you can destroy that "self" that is limiting you.

See? I can be just as crazy. =D

Kanelol

Smash Lord
Well seriously though, I thought it was pretty funny. The brain is simply a tool that is used by the "mind" or the "self". It thinks a lot of random stuff, a lot of those stuff don't really reveal anything about yourself at all, however most people still identify itself to those thoughts and make it who they are. Which is why past experiences is that exact thing.

However, these days I don't believe in that ****, I believe I can be whoever I want when I want to.. I can change from being sad to happy in 1 second if I really wanted to. It's just a matter of understanding the truth of the matter, if you aren't scared of the truth then things don't affect you stupidly. Like you won't get mad if someone insults you, instead you'll ask why did he insult you like that? You know.. the root of the problem. It takes A ****TON OF PRACTICE I'll tell you that, I'm nowhere near that level, but I'm trying everyday.. to see the intelligence in everything, to appreciate what I have in front of me. Just be happy for real without fake BS. You know? =P

Last thing.. I believe we also have infinite potential, we can ascend to something higher... I'm sure of it. However, first like your other you said.. you have to realize you are trapped.. you can escape, you can destroy that "self" that is limiting you.

See? I can be just as crazy. =D
Damn dude if you can be that bat**** insane without the assistance of severe psychedelics, you've got some brain power

Kason Birdman

Smash Champion
holy hell.
I cam to smashboards today "OH HAI ITS AFTER NOON HOPEFULLY THERE WILL BE NO SILLYNESS TODAY"

****ing friday greeting me blaring in my headphones xD

****. It has become so mainstream.. is annoying.. Im one of those people that hate mainstream.

...but now... I can't hate the song because hating the song and saying "omg this song is so annoying and bad" is mainstream! OMGWTF DO I DO?!?!

tw1n

Smash Champion
Lol I hear you on that one Kage.
I try my best to stay positive and never be upset :D

So in other news, I still plan on winning Genesis2 ;)

L__

Smash Master
I just drove on the freeway for the first time

I can't wait to get my license woooooooooo

MTKO

Smash Journeyman
Just got back from SoCal a few days ago. My girlfriend lives there and she made me drive a lot while I was visiting, so I can get used to it for when I move. Well now I'm back home in upstate NY and everyone drives SLOW. I found myself actually getting frustrated with the people in front of me on the highway and in the passing lane. I used to be super scared of going on the highway and I was terrified of the freeways in CA, but now I think my driving has gotten a lot better just from driving a bit there. Just thought I'd share that. :p

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
lmao since everyone is just sharing stuff if anyone wants to see what I've been doing all day >___>

I've literally been designing this all day. Thats my senior design project. Gaaaawd dammit

Top Bottom