• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

BrandX

Smash Ace
Activity in this thread, like many threads in Melee Discussion / Character Discussion, fluctuates. It can go days at a time with no activity then suddenly experience a flurry of posts.

Speaking of a flurry of posts how in the heck do you already have so many posts my man

If you consider entering Melee at Evo I'll consider entering Skullgirls even though I have almost no experience whatsoever with traditional fighters.
I don't even think that 5 months of playing I would be anywhere close to entering evo for Melee XD

And I just post a lot. Simple as that XD

BrandX

Smash Ace
Even if I were to play Melee, I wouldn't want it's schedule to clash with the SkullGirls side tournament (Since we aren't getting a main spot) lol

BrandX

Smash Ace
Lulz you guys.

I have no problem with giving melee a shot, I just need to find it on ebay. I'm sure it's dirt cheap.

whitegirlwednesday

Smash Rookie
gooby, pls.

My Painwheel would wreck you for those 5 months straight.

Smooth Criminal
You were one of the two people that entered their only tournament? I don't know who Painwheel is but I do know that pretty much all Skullgirls players don't even play/suck because nobody plays.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
New GCCs are like 20-30 dollars, which is pretty affordable despite me wrecking one about every half year or something :D (I don't downthrow them or anything, I just input control stick motions pretty harshly and play a lot ;) )

Varist

Smash Lord
where my *****s at
we never had no BLACKS at the top of melee
we seen Ken (asian) M2K (white) Mango (spanish) and Armada (euroguy)
never seen a brother at the top of the scene
looking at shroomed
darker gentlemen step it up

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
Hello people! If you REALLY don't know me, i'm pokemongeof! I am a 13 year old Luigi player and i LOVE MELEE!!

Melee is my life!

So.. yeah just saying hi!
wtf you're only a year older than the game o_o

abcool

Smash Ace
Samus is good. If your not good with Samus you're bad, not her. I am currently bad at Samus.

:phone:
Agreed. Don't ever insult Samus, she is a beast in Melee, you're either gonna like her style or hate it. It would be good to test out other characters first though so you know for sure Samus is the "right" character for you. If you are playing her because you like the character and hate the movesets you will do horribly. Competitive Melee doesn't take kindly to fanboyism

abcool

Smash Ace
Im pretty sure every fighter is like that XD

Not really. Other fighters have more balance. Melee is a different game because some characters are better when being put in odd situations because there are a lot more odd situations in Smash than traditional fighters. Fox/Falco have a lot answers to most situations in this game and some characters can avoid or escape it all together. When you hit into the Mid-tier category this becames a lot more harder to find the right answer to these situations and that is where Samus has the most problems. An the least amount ways of getting around it.

Habefiet

Smash Journeyman
So how is samus in melee? Worth playing at all? Lol

ONE OF US
ONE OF US
ONE OF US

Anyway, you can scope out the tier list and see that Samus is like a high-mid tier. We're due for a new tier list one of these days, but at worst she'd only fall a spot or two and still be in generally the same tier most likely.

Samus takes a somewhat different mindset imo. I don't know many people that can play a side Samus even remotely competently, versus everyone and their grandma having a pocket Fox if they don't outright main him and most people having the general idea of what to do with most characters even if they don't play said character a lot. That might just be due to lack of players/interest in the character though.

One advantage to playing Samus is that given her rarity, you're going to have an edge in terms of sheer matchup experience versus most opponents (ex. once you've been playing the game for a goodly long while, you will quite certainly have more experience versus, say, Falco, than like 95% of all Falco players have versus Samus) and she's still a good enough and unique enough character that that matters. And lord knows we could use more mid tier representation, so go for it if you like her.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Which is more fun to you? And do you feel the same character is the one you can play the best? Play that one, no matter what stupid people say.

Just kidding, play CF.

actually, I'm just kidding there. CF is just as stupid as any other top tier character... especially the way most top Falcons play isn't necessarily "super manly" anyways.

Saux

Smash Apprentice
Do people even really hate on puff mains anymore? Like I mean, it seems like people have figured out how to deal with her alot better than they used to. And she is pretty gay, but what top tier isn't yknow?

Bing

Smash Master
Looks like the "Dont you put it in your mouth" puppet from ****ty Canadian commercial.

Also, I used to think Falcon was mad gay because i always got death combo'd. Fun times.

Top Bottom