• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

DeadLastClown

Smash Apprentice
Happy Saint Patricks Day Smashers! Now for a joke relevant to the day...

"An Irish man walks out of a bar....."

Svvagcube

Smash Cadet
So I just found out that we don't even have holidays when APEX takes place.. So no travel to glorious America for me..
(I'm depressed now)

Geenareeno

Smash Lord
You ever seen Protest the Hero live? Really great progressive metal band from Whitby. I have no idea how close that is to St. Catherines.

Xyzz

Smash Champion
Glad you like it, I didn't create it though.

Terrakion is just a great pokemon, and this interpretation of him is sooo much fun (:

oh, and one day on my epic quest to become the very best, I'll be just as strong and fast as him, and everything will fall to my stab close combat, or sth :D

tw1n

Smash Champion
I actually had both of those (thanks for the suggestions). I also had Honey bunches of oats with almonds :D

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Honey Bunches of Oats is top tier. Not sure about the almonds though, but that's up to you.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
man some allergies really suck

the worst i heard was shrimp/seafood, and it's really common. so sad! shrimp is freaking amazingggg

Varist

Smash Lord
Thought I should post this in the social thread because you know.

I love you Cactuar. The best moderators are the ones that acknowledge that people just use this site to be hilarious / kill time / learn about their favorite competitive video game hobby.

We're not fragile and judgmental little creatures of the basement that stew in the congealed alabaster-colored snot that runs from our noses after all the crying we do about off-topic posts.

We don't sift through threads trying to absorb as much relevant and politically correct information as possible, and we don't lurch into outrage the instant something that is out of perfect informative order scrolls up on our screen.

Double posts, minor spam, one-on-one off-topic convos in the wrong place won't destroy the integrity of our site. We are not a community striving to be purified into dedicated arbiters of strictly-relevant information. We don't come here just to purvey knowledge.

We read the first three words of someone's post and decide whether to keep scrolling or read the rest. We don't give a **** what's in it unless we name-searched there and it's a personal attack.

Like, what's with the anal bureaucracy in the Brawl rooms. And banning of the Fashion Sense Back Room thread. Stuff like that.

Actually, I'm not trying to paint the picture that Smashboards is turning into censorship city, because it isn't and never will turn into that.

Just explaining how you're a cool moderator guy. Thank you for your service, or lack thereof, mister cactus

Varist

Smash Lord
dont start actually modding cactuar

in other news i got 12 likes on my fb status this morning.

1 and 2 squished together make R

R is the 3rd letter in my username

Triangles have 3 sides and 3 angles

Illuminati symbol is a triangle

ILLUMINATI

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
^The words I've lived by.
Problem is when you've worked your *** off and people have actually done nothing complain about you.

Cactuar

El Fuego
BRoomer
Other people's appreciation of your work shouldn't affect your own. If you can legitimately take a step back, look at what you have done, put it up against comparable works, and say "This was done well, and I was the one to do it.", then who gives a **** about what they think.

There is a subclause for that regarding good vs evil, but I don't think I need to write it. :p

tw1n

Smash Champion
When you do things right, people won't be sure you've done anything at all.
I heard god say that on Futurama lol

man some allergies really suck

the worst i heard was shrimp/seafood, and it's really common. so sad! shrimp is freaking amazingggg
Dude I hear you. My bro is allergic to penicillin. I know people who are allergic to wheat (or gluten). Also those who are severely lactose intolerant have my strong pity. I couldn't imagine having to second thought cereal or ice cream.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I feel so terrible for people who have allergies especially since I'm lucky enough to not have any

Dude I hear you. My bro is allergic to penicillin. I know people who are allergic to wheat (or gluten). Also those who are severely lactose intolerant have my strong pity. I couldn't imagine having to second thought cereal or ice cream.
Allergic to penicillin has to be the worst!

ArcNatural

Banned ( ∫x, δx Points)
Wow Varist that's some pent up rage there, glad you got it out :3.

I'm allergic to penicillin, but I haven't figured out if it has hurt me or not.

I may be allergic to shrimp as my throat has swelled a bit both times I've eaten them latley. But I can still eat other shellfish fine (crabs, haven't tried crayfish). So I'm thinking it might be something else.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
i'm actually lactose intolerant LOL

it either comes back up or goes straight through my system, both ways painfully.

Top Bottom