• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
That combo made me grin. It's nice to see weird things like that, which could only happen rarely. =)

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
=D

Bro Green peach is all I use. Dat Ryokoyaksa =3

Iunno when Vanz does **** like that I literally like just get pumped. But Vanz fanboy and all.

And here's one more random peach combo I did.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=3T7uJPjLR7E#t=0m33s
O_____O

That was...beautiful. Dash attack > uair > reverse bair > fair.... I honestly don't know how Peach combos come to be, sometimes.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
I learned most of my Technical shiz from him from way back in the day. He used to find out the craziest stuff with peach, some of which I still can't do like Djc Z drop/catch turnip wtf lol

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
O_____O

That was...beautiful. Dash attack > uair > reverse bair > fair.... I honestly don't know how Peach combos come to be, sometimes.
xD thanks.

I remember when I did it on Vanz lol. Next match he just straight styled on me lol

I learned most of my Technical shiz from him from way back in the day. He used to find out the craziest stuff with peach, some of which I still can't do like Djc Z drop/catch turnip wtf lol
man I still can't do **** like that either LOL

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I don't know why I've never looked up Ryoko before...but I'm watching some vids...and I'm amazed, quite frankly.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Basically, I mean just look how stupid technical he is in this match.

[yt]cW25EnMzzRI[/yt]
haha so many lulz.

When I meet him again, I'm going to show him all the Peach bomber and parasol tricks I've learn over all these years :)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
WTF? A turnip...just standing there? That would be...so cool if it could be implemented reliably...

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
"Peach banned from Melee, with a 14-0 vote."

That would make me sad. Maybe it's good that we don't know how it's implemented.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
its practically impossible for any character to be banned in melee

.... unless some broken move/strategy is discovered

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
the culture was different back then

when people complained about characters, they just complained. the word "ban" never even came to mind.

with today's level of whining, i wouldn't have been surprised if marth got banned in 2003 or something.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
yeah maybe...

especially with ken, azen, and mew2king ****** everyone ...

who would have guessed that the reign of marth would be stopped by a fruit

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
mmm. it wasn't mango who stopped their reign lol

before mango's era (anything after 2007)

there were 6 or 7 top players who could all beat each other. the MLG era was very exciting and competitive. basically ken, m2k, chu, isai, kdj, pc, azen

in 2007 m2k was considered the best

then mango kinda came out of nowhere and became GOD-LIKE

IMO pp and hbox are kinda like personalized afterthoughts of mango's style. it's just that hbox relied on one move and pp was a little more reserved (not that these are bad things).

Mr Wizzrobe

Smash Journeyman
Yeah 2009-early 2011 tournaments were kind of whack compared to the MLG days, except for the hype surrounding Armada. I think Genesis 2 was the start of another epic couple of years.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
Yeah 2009-early 2011 tournaments were kind of whack compared to the MLG days, except for the hype surrounding Armada. I think Genesis 2 was the start of another epic couple of years.
What makes you think this? 2008-early 2009 was pretty slow, then RoM, Genesis, RoM2, Pound 4, RoM3, ApeX, Pound 5, Genesis 2, RoM4, ApeX 2012... Not to mention CEO, Winterfest, and other smaller nationals/multiregionals. MLG definitely was the golden years, but i really dont see how Genesis 2 is anything special in our current era...

edit- oh u were talking about players... i dont really see how there was much more drama in the MLG era. There were so many people who were trying to rise up and beat M2K... Shiz, Zhu, PP (all falcos for some reason....) mango pretty much being incredible and ****** everyone in style. SS vs Mango was intense, and Mango vs Armada was legendary. When Kage beat Mango the world erupted. And so on...

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
yeah. the mango era has been really great. and we don't even know if it is even over yet. still rom 4 and apex to go

Mr Wizzrobe

Smash Journeyman
What makes you think this? 2008-early 2009 was pretty slow, then RoM, Genesis, RoM2, Pound 4, RoM3, ApeX, Pound 5, Genesis 2, RoM4, ApeX 2012... Not to mention CEO, Winterfest, and other smaller nationals/multiregionals. MLG definitely was the golden years, but i really dont see how Genesis 2 is anything special in our current era...

edit- oh u were talking about players... i dont really see how there was much more drama in the MLG era. There were so many people who were trying to rise up and beat M2K... Shiz, Zhu, PP (all falcos for some reason....) mango pretty much being incredible and ****** everyone in style. SS vs Mango was intense, and Mango vs Armada was legendary. When Kage beat Mango the world erupted. And so on...
I can't remember what I was thinking when I wrote that, but I may have been referring to Grand Finals, or the fact that the top players were so far ahead of everybody else. And Hungrybox winning everything for awhile. RoM GF's were whack because people were acting like straight up ****s the entire time.

In any event, the MLG days were better in the sense that there were so many extremely talented players getting off on each other tournament after tournament. None were clearly better than the others. I don't want to discredit any obviously good players from 09-11, but it seemed like Mango/Armada/Hbox were just so far ahead of everybody else, as well as PP later on.

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
there's definitely a new gen that's well respected now

the likes of axe, fly, shroomed, hax, jman, s2j

and even now great people are springing up into popularity, like plup

mlg days were great

but the mango generation is still too good (and our skill level is much greater)

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I can't help but think that there is one more wildcard left out there, ready to challenge Mango/Peepee/Armada/Hbox. Kind of like how Armada seemed to come out of nowhere back at Genesis. It's very likely that this "star" will make his/her debut at Apex.

That's just speculation, though.

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
lol well Armada didnt "come out of nowhere"

he was already the best player in europe...

its just that most of us americans didnt care to look at results from overseas or were ignorant and assumed europe was trash

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
Well yeah, to us, he came out of nowhere. And maybe it will be the chileans. They've got a lot of potential.

Top Bottom