• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Social Melee Social Thread and stuff

t3h Icy

Smash Master
I got 3 infractions from that thread; it's been a good day.

So as of 3 hours and 37 minutes ago, Melee became the most recent legitimate game in the Smash series.

Good job folks, we tanked a good 2.5 years and got the title back.
Melee was competing with Brawl? lol

blaze3927

Smash Ace
So guys today I beat Mango 6 times in a row in Smash 64

r u jelly?

Does this mean I can be in the Melee Backroom?

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I kinda wish I could react more to MK being banned, so I could troll that thread more effectively. But I don't care, I guess. It's kinda sad that it came to that, but hey, at least I never became an MK main. I have morals. :)

Mr Wizzrobe

Smash Journeyman
I find it hilarious that they made the Meta-Knight thread open for discussion. It's like they said "Alright, what's the best way we can enforce terrible behavior among the people of this forum in one thread so we can ban like 10+ people? I know! Let's make the MK ban thread open!"

Mr Wizzrobe

Smash Journeyman
Well, The Dark Knight Rises comes out summer 2012. I don't think the bros up in the sky deciding our fate are going to drown us all until they get a glimpse of Anne Hathaway as Catwoman.

GhllieShdeKnife

Smash Ace
It seems like people cant read the rules b4 postinganew thread
lot of locks lately, lots of discussion is important

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Not to bring it back up but I really don't like they way they handled the MK situation at all. Especially with this URC thing they implemented. I guess it bothers me to know that people that support their rule set with hosting tourneys under it have so much power and say on what goes on in the brawl metagame. I could be wrong but that's the general idea I'm getting from all of this.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
Not really. From my understanding it's just TO's that follow the rule set that's supposed to be the official rule set for the entire community(at least in North America)

And now I hear the the tournaments that some of the TO's have ran weren't even nationals. Instead some of them hosted a few large local tourneys under the rule set and they they can be considered to be part of the URC.

again this is just the word on the street so it's not 100% accurate

-ShadowPhoenix-

Smash Bash
NNID
ShdwPhnx
3DS FC
2595-1989-8575
I know the URC was originally created because nobody liked the ruleset that the BBR has come up with...
Most of the TO's in the URC arent very well respected players and as Mike G said have only run large locals.

I know for a fact that a few of them shouldn't be on the committee considering they were anti-ban from the beginning of the game (Xyro).

I also agree with you Mike G. i dont think these individuals should have so much power in directing the metagame without really any opposition.

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
lol Almost everyone and their mom in the Melee community knew that MK was ******** from the start, but if the brawl community were going to ban him, it should have been years ago and not when people are now developing the metagame that includes beat him(and from what I've seen he doesn't win all the majors)

But whatever. The people have spoken and they are tired of losing to him and having their fight monies stolen by MK players.

it's all just a big LOL to me, sad to say.

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
I know the URC was originally created because nobody liked the ruleset that the BBR has come up with...
Most of the TO's in the URC arent very well respected players and as Mike G said have only run large locals.

I know for a fact that a few of them shouldn't be on the committee considering they were anti-ban from the beginning of the game (Xyro).

I also agree with you Mike G. i dont think these individuals should have so much power in directing the metagame without really any opposition.
im not anti ban. lololololololololol

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I always thought it was kind of narcissistic, to assume that you'd be mentioned somewhere. At the same time, good/great players are often mentioned, so I get it.

Teczer0

Research Assistant
Premium
BRoomer
Iunno, I personally never name searched. Though I have one of those names that get abbreviated a lot so I would have to search like 3 times just to do a full search

:phone:

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
I enjoyed watching it when I did. Not something I'll watch often (not that I watch combo videos that often), but I appreciate it.

ShroudedOne

Smash Hero
Premium
HEY.

Peach combos are the sexiest things to ever happen to this game.

Well...

Maybe not. But they're still pretty cool to watch. IMO, they are the most difficult combos to execute (among the high tier. Except for maybe Jiggs, or Falcon).

Top Bottom