• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Match-Up Chart (NTSC) [Update 008 - 09.09.28]

strawhats

Smash Master
wait that means that m2k is garbs. lol

Marth is not gars. Not enough top level players use him now a days. Come back ken

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
We've seen the rise of amazing Marth players (back in the day), Sheik players (in the very early days), Jiggs player (Mango), and Armada (Peach). Now I'm waiting for some super **** Fox player to rise to the top somewhere in the next 2 years and dominate everybody.

-ACE-

Gotem City Vigilante
There are a lot of Foxes that are are at least somewhat close to top level already. I'd also like to see more Marths and a few more Sheiks.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
really? he was almost Ken's equal before he left( well he fought evenly with him, anyway.)

Man just cuz of Genesis you guys really want to see more top tiers again? Years of that wasn't enough? Wouldn't you be more excited if, say an IC's player rose to the top?
people are still going WTF over a Jiggs dominating. more surprises would rule.

unknown522

Some guy
I still haven't watched the genesis GFs and LFs because of how boring the matchups are.

No offence to the player, but those 2 characters actually ruin the game for me.

JPOBS

Smash Hero
Nothing tops jigglypuff dittos on brainstar. nothing.

na but armada vs mango was awesome cuz it was just massive hype and random moments of awesome.

unknown522

Some guy
Why is that? Lots of people don't have respect for these chars and it baffles me...

And now people are fond of calling them "cheap" even thought it's not ME who's dominating with them...
I tried watching them. I'll probably get around to finishing them.

It's just that jiggs is like: lol camp / poke for mistake, you die in 1 hit, while peach camps back and grinds damage.

They can't do much else, but the 1 or 2 things they are good at is awesome, in the most boring way.

Also, even if they do something stupid, they don't get combo'd much.

It's like watching brawl to me, especially if they are both being played.

KAOSTAR

the Ascended One
You think that because you didnt watch.

Alot of the hype was being there tho, Those were the best ****ing spacing matches ever played.

Mango vs Armada was actually interesting to watch despite the character selection.

Even Mango's selection of tags was epic. It was like he was powering up the entire time until he reached SSj boxtag.

dragonball z moments ftw!

x After Dawn x

Smash Master
I hate Jigglypuff. Some of her gameplay mechanic abilities are just so different from the rest of the cast and it makes it feel like Brawl to me. >_> It's really the only matchup I despise playing against.

Strong Badam

Super Elite
Administrator
Premium
BRoomer
it was boring past all of the hype and rests and the stitch face combos
might as well have been Mewtwo vs. Zelda

joeplicate

Smash Master

It's just that jiggs is like: lol camp / poke for mistake, you die in 1 hit, while peach camps back and grinds damage.

They can't do much else, but the 1 or 2 things they are good at is awesome, in the most boring way.

you are grossly oversimplifying

and when you take into consideration that mango and armada are the 2 best with their characters IN THE WORLD, it's fair to say they're doing more than "1 or 2 things"

peach doesn't just grind damage, dude, armada 0-deathed mango's JIGGLYPUFF, plus his combos are ridiculous

edit: honestly, anyone who thinks it was "boring" should look deeper into the matches, there is AMAZING thinking going on
it's not just camp camp camp bair bair turnip turnip, scrubs

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater

Alot of the hype was being there tho, Those were the best ****ing spacing matches ever played.

Mango vs Armada was actually interesting to watch despite the character selection.

Even Mango's selection of tags was epic. It was like he was powering up the entire time until he reached SSj boxtag.

lmao i love that analogy

and yea joe is right

those matches were ****, greatest matches i've ever watched

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
lol @ unknown being bored watching spacing. if you're watching any match up and they are doing something other than spacing, they are doing it wrong. end of story. even if they are playing fox, they should be just spacing/staying safe.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599

that's because they are both Floaties, and Floaties naturally have slower movements(sans Luigi and Samus) plus Peach and Jiggs are 2 of the slowest dashers, so naturally anyone accustomed to speedy fights(usually with fastfallers) would probably get Bored.
I hate Jigglypuff. Some of her gameplay mechanic abilities are just so different from the rest of the cast and it makes it feel like Brawl to me. >_> It's really the only matchup I despise playing against.
they pretty much took the slowest running and falling character in the game and gave it godly aerials and an Fsmash as fast as 64 Kirby's.

so yeah, it's an oddball, but it's a fun to use oddball.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
I think 55-45 ice climbers vs pikachu is way off, unless it's just popo vs pikachu. they grab and win and pikachu can't camp them or anything that messes them up bad up-smash is good I geuss, pikachu can't fight them in the air very good they should be able to sheild grab a lot of stuff, and pikachu can't play the spam your smashes game like ice climbers, I would think it's 70-30

upair gimps would help pikachu

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
pikachu can separate them pretty well

but yea ic's still **** em pretty bad

i would say 60 40

or 62.38 : 37.62

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
pichu sucks against ic's.... its like 110:-10 ic's lol

pikachu can separate them with stuff like fair->dsmash lol, or bthrow

pikachus generally decent at not getting grabbed

but if he does, hes so easy to cg, and ic's are just too powerful for him in general

choknater

Smash Obsessed
NNID
choknater
pikachu's dsmash is still good in melee, very good against ic's if u connect it (link it from fair)

its a separator

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
hmm maybe pichu up-smash they suck in the air pichu can juggle heck maybe if your lucky you could get a few nairs on nana, but your F***ed from the point you pick pichu

unknown522

Some guy
yeah, pichu gets ***** really hard by ICs.

Pika is still pretty bad, because the CG is ****.

I think 55-45 ice climbers vs pikachu is way off, unless it's just popo vs pikachu. they grab and win and pikachu can't camp them or anything that messes them up bad up-smash is good I geuss, pikachu can't fight them in the air very good they should be able to sheild grab a lot of stuff, and pikachu can't play the spam your smashes game like ice climbers, I would think it's 70-30

upair gimps would help pikachu
They next update has pika v ICs as 65-35. The update just still hasn't come yet.

wow I didnt think you were a scrub, guess i was wrong
MM.

as I said before, I tried to watch them. I watched like 2 mins of some matches, that's pretty much it.

FYI to everyone else, I didn't say that they ruin the game period. They ruin the game for ME. I am allowed to have my own opinion on this ****.

Top Bottom