• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee It On Me podcast! Join the MIOM Facebook Group!

SillyGoose

Master of QWOP
3x is very ambitious. I'll be coming in full force tomorrow, 50+ of my own and I hyped up all my noob smash friends. let's make this happen, we can crush the confidence of the other games with one giant drive.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being Apex 2012 GFs and 10 being Apex 2013 GFs, how hype is the pre-show going to be? I was planning to go see a speech by the New Zealand ambassador, but that'd probably cause me to miss half the pre-show. It's a tough choice.

The Business

Smash Journeyman
On a scale of 1-10, with 1 being Apex 2012 GFs and 10 being Apex 2013 GFs, how hype is the pre-show going to be? I was planning to go see a speech by the New Zealand ambassador, but that'd probably cause me to miss half the pre-show. It's a tough choice.
I think the most hype part of the show will be hitting F5 on this page: https://www.wepay.com/donations/evo2013-ssbm

and watching the number go up.

RaphaelRobo

Smash Champion
Wait, you're saying this show will be as hype as an F5? Assuming you're talking hexadecimal, that's incredible! This show is going to be awesome.

I'm sure the ambassador won't mind if I have my phone out refreshing during his speech, anyway.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Hmm how has no one posted the evo fund on the major youtube channels yet? waffles,meleepacwest/atlnorth.
Bobby or someone else, if you make a PSA vid can it be general enough so I could download and upload a copy of it to my channel? I have 2000+ subscribers so I feel obligated to do so, but I don't have time this week to make a PSA vid myself.

Scar

#HarveyDent
3x is very ambitious. I'll be coming in full force tomorrow, 50+ of my own and I hyped up all my noob smash friends. let's make this happen, we can crush the confidence of the other games with one giant drive.
That 3x is already on lock! The funds have already been set aside by the homies.
On a scale of 1-10, how hype is the pre-show going to be? I was planning to go see a speech by the New Zealand ambassador, but that'd probably cause me to miss half the pre-show. It's a tough choice.
We are usually super chill during the pre-show - this post-show broadcast is pretty similar to what we usually do.
I think the most hype part of the show will be hitting F5 on this page: https://www.wepay.com/donations/evo2013-ssbm

and watching the number go up.
+1
Bobby or someone else, if you make a PSA vid can it be general enough so I could download and upload a copy of it to my channel? I have 2000+ subscribers so I feel obligated to do so, but I don't have time this week to make a PSA vid myself.
yeah Prog is working on it - hook either of us up with your dropbox and we'll share it tonight

Scar

#HarveyDent
Slight update - prog may or may not have upped his match to $500 from $300, and Zoap from NorCal may be adding $100 in matching to our pot - that puts us up to $3600 in potential funds, which allows us to sustain a 3x match up to $1,200 during the cast!

If we hit the reach goal of $1,200 at that match %, we'll have contributed $4,800 to the pot by tomorrow night.

WOW. Let's get it.

Juggleguy

Smash Grimer
Premium
Hey Bobby, can you try to emphasize that others still have to actually donate with any MIOM advertisements you do tomorrow? I'm afraid people will read this and think that you guys are doing this automatically, when in fact we really need to meet that goal as a community tomorrow in order to maximize the donations.

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
I'd love to help out but i wont be able to be up until 3:00 am tomorrow (Europe... yeah!)
Would you mind counting donations that are done a bit before the show?

Metal Reeper

Smash Champion
When is the last day for donations? On a strategic note shouldn't we save something like this for as late as possible? Just a thought.

:phone:

Gastogh

Smash Apprentice

Seriously, good ****! Not just to Scar, but everyone involved in the donation matching.

What about Europeans wanting to donate during this time but it would happen to be between 3 AM and 6 AM at night?
If you know someone you trust over in the States, you could give them the money to be given on into the fund.

D

Deleted member

scar i hope to one day meet you, play some hype games, and get you drunk.

Jolteon

I'm sharpening my knife, kupo.
I'm gonna donate some more when this happens - looking forward to it. :)

Yomi-no-Kuni

Smash Lord
No one will be mad if you just...you know...donate.
I know, but my money will be worth more if i do it to help out with reaching the 1k, which i'd like to do.
I just think it'd be sad to exclude europeans like that

so, just 100 ppl giving 10 bucks would be enough, right! Come on people, do it! :D

♡ⓛⓞⓥⓔ♡

Anti-Illuminati
I know, but my money will be worth more if i do it to help out with reaching the 1k, which i'd like to do.
I just think it'd be sad to exclude europeans like that
I dunno, it's kinda late. 2 am in my timezone (GMT+2) but what you can do is get up, donate and just go back to bed :D

Levingy

Smash Apprentice
So if I donate 20 during the podcast, then it will be 80? How does it work? I only donate the 20, and then tell here or in the podcast chat (?) that I donated, or how? Do I have to show some proof of my donation, like screenshot or something?

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
I wonder how scar and prog plan on paying their bills after tomorrow.

:phone:
SSBM is the reason I have a job. This is me giving back, just be sure that you guys are donating as well so we actually have funds that we are matching.

Revven

FrankerZ
So if I donate 20 during the podcast, then it will be 80? How does it work? I only donate the 20, and then tell here or in the podcast chat (?) that I donated, or how? Do I have to show some proof of my donation, like screenshot or something?
I think you'll want to be saying it in the chat, but prog/scar can clarify I guess if I'm wrong.

Top Bottom