• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MELEE-FC: Your Pool Predictions Were Wrong. See first post for R2 Pools!

LLDL

Smash Hero
1. Darkrain vs baka
2. swiftbass vs tink
3. mattdotzeb vs little england
4. hax vs orly
5. g$ vs cunning kitsune
6. strong bad vs SFAT :awesome:

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
Then go to another thread? There'll be plenty of amazing vids coming out of this...not too worried about that.

S l o X

Smash Champion
Anyway some guy is going to be walking around with a cam recorder? I loved old Kish videos of things like that, definitely helped me feel out how the tournament ran and it gave me a picture of how godlike the tournaments back then were.

Metà

Smash Master
man, the more i look at these pools, the more i question how the hell you guys did the seeding for this...

pool 16 has too many good players in it, i don't think chillin is really a 1st seed player anymore,
duck and chad should both be first seeds imo

plus, now that mango isn't coming anymore, you should probably fix that soon lol

stabbedbyanipple

Smash Master
top 8 imo

1. hbox
2. wobbles
3. shroomed
4. axe
5. kage
5. hax
7. chillin
7. sfat

definitely possible for this to not be close. A lot of people close in skill level.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
People be sleepin' on the Doctor.
I'll bust some chops, startin' with that Shroomed guy.

Pool 1
Hbox
HIV
Ripple
Kish

Pool 2
Kage
Vudji
Juke
Snuggleguy

Pool 3
Shroomed
The Great Doctor
Abu
Eikel

Pool 4
Kels
4%
Fro
?

Pool 5
Hax
Orly
VTS
Omni

Pool 6
Axe
18spikes
dmac
Toadster

Pool 7
(weak imo)
SFAT
John!
Strongcrab
Vorhese

Pool 8
Vanz
Little England
Mattdot
Onionchowder

Pool 9
(Mango if he is going)
Frootloop
Cheato
Vidjo
Kish

Pool 10
Darkrain
Viperboi
Lance
Baka

Pool 11
(weak pool imo)
Trail
Chillin
Bl@ck
SDM

Pool 12
Jace
DoH
Irish
Psuedo

Pool 13
Chad
Duck
Big D
Bert

Pool 14
(weak imo)
Cunning
G$
Scythe
Joshu

Pool 15
Tink
Sveet
Swift
Kirkq

Pool 16
Wobbles
J00t
Drephen
Ambix

Wake

Smash Master
Dmac will beat Spikes I bet, and Ambix'll get second seed. Meta'll get out of pool 13. lol oops. Oh, and SDM will not make it out if his pool. Hmm, I also think DoH will get first seed.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
Wake, I'm always happy

Also, Abu and I have a MM, so if he agrees we can have our pools match be our MM and preferably on the Stream since there has been trashtalk/hype

HYPE

Also, Mango is no longer on the attendee list. So it's official....

KishPrime

King of the Ship of Fools
BRoomer
man, the more i look at these pools, the more i question how the hell you guys did the seeding for this...

pool 16 has too many good players in it, i don't think chillin is really a 1st seed player anymore,
duck and chad should both be first seeds imo
I got seeding data from 5 players covering multiple regions, assembled it into a single package, sorted by region, and where tiebreakers were needed, SSBPD came into play (regardless of people's sometimes valid complaints, it IS better than nothing). Furthermore, after completion, they were then run across the desk of additional players for a double-check, in addition to the originals, and made additional tweaks based on that. All in all I probably put close to 8 hours into it myself, not counting the time others spent.

This is not an easy or exact process. Everyone has opinions, and no one usually knows how mid-level players really play across regions until it happens. When you look at this thread, there are a couple of opinions coalescing, but with the data I had, I made changes whenever I heard from multiple people that some pools needed a tweak here or there. And even then, there are some really diverse opinions in this thread.

There are always going to be hard or easy pools, just like there are always hard or easy brackets. The point to a Round Robin tournament is that no one gets eliminated at any stage that would advance to the stage two rounds from then. If you get 5th instead of 4th because your pool is a bit harder, you weren't exactly a clearcut player that deserved to advance to begin with.

The Good Doctor

Smash Champion
I got seeding data from 5 players covering multiple regions, assembled it into a single package, sorted by region, and where tiebreakers were needed, SSBPD came into play (regardless of people's sometimes valid complaints, it IS better than nothing). Furthermore, after completion, they were then run across the desk of additional players for a double-check, in addition to the originals, and made additional tweaks based on that. All in all I probably put close to 8 hours into it myself, not counting the time others spent.

This is not an easy or exact process. Everyone has opinions, and no one usually knows how mid-level players really play across regions until it happens. When you look at this thread, there are a couple of opinions coalescing, but with the data I had, I made changes whenever I heard from multiple people that some pools needed a tweak here or there. And even then, there are some really diverse opinions in this thread.

There are always going to be hard or easy pools, just like there are always hard or easy brackets. The point to a Round Robin tournament is that no one gets eliminated at any stage that would advance to the stage two rounds from then. If you get 5th instead of 4th because your pool is a bit harder, you weren't exactly a clearcut player that deserved to advance to begin with.
Can you comment on the Mango situation, and what that means for the already established pools?

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Can you comment on the Mango situation, and what that means for the already established pools?
With 4 seeds making it out of each pool, I'm quite sure there won't be any surprises eliminations in the first round of pools. Also with such big pools to begin with the lesser skilled players are guaranteed to get in more tournament matches than they would at most tournaments.

Prince_Abu

Smash Lord
Wake, I'm always happy

Also, Abu and I have a MM, so if he agrees we can have our pools match be our MM and preferably on the Stream since there has been trashtalk/hype

HYPE

Also, Mango is no longer on the attendee list. So it's official....
lol i never trashtalked u but this is fine w/ me

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
Kish please don't stream them. I think most of us prefer it when only tourney matches are on the stream.

Nintendude

Smash Hero
My only request is don't stream uber pros during first round pools. Watching hbox and Mango steamroll their pools isn't that interesting imo. I'd much rather see unique matchups like Tink vs. Swift.

Froggy

Smash Champion
3DS FC
3110-7430-0100
I'll say again, please stream pool 13.

Top Bottom