• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fletch

Smash Master
Probably shenanigans on the Street Fighter tweet; still, for next time, we should have all our money go to one fund and deposit it all for Evo on the final day. Would be an easy victory if you could do it; just makes me worried that someone else is.

:phone:

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
^ I detect no bias in that tweet bro-he just thinks SG should get it since it's less well known.

Neuron_Panzer

Smash Rookie
Hm... I know not to underestimate them after the last drive (15K?), but I feel like we're pretty much solid at this point, aren't we? I mean aside from this 4k lead, we have 3.5k in matching donations tomorrow, so assuming we hit it, we'll get another 7k... on the other hand, they have around 2k or so leftover from the last drive and 1.5k in matching funds tomorrow... so assuming there aren't any surprises, it looks like we're in for a solid lead?
More voice actress involvement in particular is dangerous, and they have that. These VAs do other things - anime, LOL - and if they're trading things like phone messages for donations again, people who don't give a damn about SG or EVO will donate just to get a message or whatever off their favourite anime character and such.

Plus, you shouldn't underestimate the few, sad elements of the FGC that may pony up for SG on the last day if it looks close just to keep 'non fighter' smash out. If Smash is gonna win, it may as well win definitively - this is all for charity after all anyway.

Also - people said this same crap when Smash had a 8k or so donation lead before the last drive, and then SG jumped ahead by 4k of its own.

Grey Belnades

The Imperial Aztec
NNID
OldManGrey
3DS FC
0748-2157-4277
If the tweet is true, then Smash and SG needs to do the fusion dance and become one united being...Meskullee.

JacopeX

Smash Apprentice
LOL ST went up to 10k...

Now I am curious about tomorrow. It's a 2-1 win lose situation for me. 2 fighters I like and 1 that I still have not picked up yet.

_wzrd

Smash Journeyman
YO I KNOW REVVEN JUST POSTEED THIS BUT HES DOING 20$ FOR EVERY 100 VIEWERS, NOT JUST 20$ FOR $100. SO IF WE GET LIKE 1000 VIEWERS HE GONNA DONATE $200.

GET ON HERE ITS FREE MONEY
http://www.twitch.tv/jcaesar

EDIT** well apparently he's just going up to 100$

so WE NEED TO GET 500 VIEWERS, WERE AT 100 approx right now, let's GO

Mike G

███████████████ 100%
BRoomer
LOL OG smiles! I see Crystal City is still alive. :)

But yeah the hype kinda brought us all back haha

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
JCaesar is streaming and if he gets to 100 viewers he'll donate $20: http://www.twitch.tv/jcaesar

He's also taking match-up requests for $5 donations, but you must screenshot your receipt as proof and link it to him.
Just want to reemphasize this. They're doing 20 for every 100 viewers and kaizer is matching, 39 more viewers and that's 80$. 5$ gets you any mu request, FFA w/ items or doubles with certain chars you name it.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
New strategy. Donate to Skullgirls. Then cancel and transfer to Melee.

#ingenius
#dontreallydothis

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
New strategy. Donate to Skullgirls. Then cancel and transfer to Melee.

#ingenius
#dontreallydothis

Genuinely lol'd at this.

See if I were megarich I'd totally donate like 20k to Skullgirls to make them feel like they have a chance, then in the last hou, donate 40k to Melee and just post a montage of people screaming.

Is it bad that I regularly think about things like this?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom