• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
BUTTTTT.... Melee will be there lol

Also really hope last day they don't do some sort of silent bidding so we can't see who's in the lead. I'd like to see the donation war...for breast cancer lol.

:phone:
Honestly I hope they take the numbers away Thursday. It'll basically end up with one group up 1k. One person dropping 1k to win it and back and forth until the site crashes and someone wins on luck of crash timing.

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
I have a feeling that it's going to be completely blind tomorrow- we have a general idea of how much the other group can drop from "backup funds" and how much they're capable of raising in a big donation event, but that's about it.

Chances are both of us won't want to leave anything to chance and will put in everything we've got before it gets too close for comfort to the end.

MasterShake

Smash Lord
Yes, we can't afford to lose sight of our actual goal.

Our true goal is to ensure that the final donation amount has some form of 69. $XXXXX.69 is acceptable, but $XXX69.69 is even moreso. X6969.69 is even better, but we should all aspire to the masterful $696969.69.
So much truth.

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
MAJOR SHOUTOUT TO AUSTRALIA'S OWN NOVA, DROPPING 1.4K.

By the way, that might just be a warmup.

#fourstockbreastcancer #freesalsa

CloneHat

Smash Champion
MAJOR SHOUTOUT TO AUSTRALIA'S OWN NOVA, DROPPING 1.4K.

By the way, that might just be a warmup.

#fourstockbreastcancer #freesalsa
Australia!

Even though they're forced to get everything later and for more money, they still have the heart to make this insane donation! Thank you!

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
Everyone watch out for super turbo. they just raised 10k!
and tha's scary
Rofl yeah, I have a feeling they have something more up their sleeve- otherwise I'm sure most fans would have stopped donating seeing how high up Melee and SG have gone. If they're neck and neck with us tomorrow night, I don't think I'll be too surprised....

Tesh

Smash Hero
The donation amounts being so even is weird. Almost like its just a handful of rich people throwing in chunks. It went to 6k last night and then another 4 k a few hours ago

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
The donation amounts being so even is weird. Almost like its just a handful of rich people throwing in chunks. It went to 6k last night and then another 4 k a few hours ago
Yeah, it's also probably because the Melee and SG communities have been pretty loud and we all know eachother's intentions, but the ST community is absolutely dark- there's no idea if they're organized for this, there's no idea if they're having a stream, there's no idea how much more they're planning on dumping in, etc. etc.

When you think about it, they were probably the shadow chuckling in the corner while we had our sights on SG this whole time .___.

All the same, it would have been even crazier if they'd left their donation amount under 1k until the last day to put in everything they had.

MountainGoat

Smash Journeyman
Can ST really have enough saved for snipe? Why start donating now if they have enough? Why not wait for the last minute? There donating seems so out of nowhere. Does anyone know anything about their community?

prog

Priest of the Temple of Syrinx
Super Turbo, wow. It shows what kind of longevity a game can have with dedication.

Hokkaido

Smash Journeyman
Can ST really have enough saved for snipe? Why start donating now if they have enough? Why not wait for the last minute? There donating seems so out of nowhere. Does anyone know anything about their community?

For all we know it could be one millionaire who just happened to like ST growing up? Who knows? I guess considering it's a donation dive competition, I wouldn't be surprised if one rich guy just wanted to milk the melee and SG communities for their salt. rofl.

BrandX

Smash Ace
Wow, ST suddenly running after us lol

They probably had enough of us and wants to knock us both out now XD

They must of been the evil masterminds that waited in the shadows, while we basically pit against each other for their amusement, and now have found a perfect time to strike us both down...LOL

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Well I prefer ST being in there over SG (more so as they have had great EVO performances before, nothing against SG)

BrandX

Smash Ace
Well I prefer ST being in there over SG,
I'm sorry, I have to disagree with you. Not the fact that I'm a SkullGirls fan, but the fact that I do NOT want to see another capcom fighter to ***** up the main stage. They already have enough of them (UMVC3, SF4, SFxT), we don't need another.

Please guys, if anyone is going to win, let it be one of us. If ST suddenly wins, I will be pissed off at us both lol

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I'm sorry, I have to disagree with you. Not the fact that I'm a SkullGirls fan, but the fact that I do NOT want to see another capcom fighter to ***** up the main stage. They already have enough of them (UMVC3, SF4, SFxT), we don't need another.

Please guys, if anyone is going to win, let it be one of us. If ST suddenly wins, I will be pissed off at us both lol
No offense but when I think of traditional fighters, I rarely do not think of Capcom
I mean, EVO might as well be the Apex of Capcom games.

luzbwl

Smash Cadet
yeah, I also don't like combo intensive games, and the SFII series have awesome gamplay whitout them

Falconv1.0

Smash Master
It's not just that it's combo intensive, it's how few ****ing options you have in many situations. Do I burst or do I not burst? Answer is neither, just play UMvC3 because it's better and not close to being completely dead.

CloneHat

Smash Champion
It's not just that it's combo intensive, it's how few ****ing options you have in many situations. Do I burst or do I not burst? Answer is neither, just play UMvC3 because it's better and not close to being completely dead.
Actually there's no burst in the game. Just play friendlies until the combo finishes.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom