• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

Spyro

Smash Ace
Rather not rig the donations to piss off Mr. Wizard with the opportunity he's given us. Better off hoping he sees the ridiculous amount that both communities have put into the donation drive and allows both games in on those grounds.
I don't think Fortune was being serious about that.

Edit:
Just use this link : http://shloubfree.free.fr/evo.php to check on the tallies, no need to go to each individual page. ;)
I did not know about this, thanks.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
If he was serious...**** that. Not risking the place and my money in hopes that wizard would be complacent. Don't think he was serious though but other people have suggested it sooo...no.

:phone:

KanyeRest

bair-condtioned nightmare
i'm really enjoying this drive cause nobody's being malicious towards any community (except scrubs and trolls). it's a really friendly, but hype, competition to have a game at the biggest fighting tournament in the world.

«[S.M.A.S.H]»

Smash Rookie
Good show, Smash community. Honestly I wouldn't mind seeing either Melee or Skullgirls get the eighth slot, the only side I can pick is sitting on the fence and hoping things aren't over yet (and I don't think they are). I want to see a fight to the finish. The Evo staff should remember this next year, remember the two communities who fought so hard for their chance at the main stage.

Redact

Professional Nice Guy
8k passed

with how good we are doing right now, its liike we are a stock or two up. maybe up one game in a set

we havent won yet though, dont forget this and dont stop giving.

Revven

FrankerZ
8k passed

with how good we are doing right now, its liike we are a stock or two up. maybe up one game in a set

we havent won yet though, dont forget this and dont stop giving.
^This man speaks the truth.

I would honestly like it if Scar & the others saved the matching until the near end of the 2 weeks of the contest. But if things get matched... then I guess we'll just have to keep the momentum going somehow.

Spyro

Smash Ace
Remember to keep donating even after this event, we can't not donate at all after this and let SG just catch up. We have a lead, lets keep it!

BSP

Smash Legend
What was the reasoning against holding a big snipe donation towards the end?

Zankoku

Never Knows Best
Administrator
BRoomer
NNID
SSBM_PLAYER
Why go to the trouble? Let's just show our support straight up.

Mr.Jackpot

Smash Lord
We were going to do it because they hadn't released the numbers and that seemed sketchy. Now that they have the main reason it was proposed is gone.

This community never ceases to amaze me.

EDIT: InB4EvoCallsFakedResults
Skisonic was on Melee on Me with us watching the donations go up.

WTF is wrong with people in this community. The first week it only raises around 1500 dollars. By the 2nd week it has doubled to almost match that of MLP in the first week. Then in the span of one day it is about to destroy that by about 3x the initial MLP investment.

What the hell happened all of a sudden.

Revven

FrankerZ
WTF is wrong with people in this community. The first week it only raises around 1500 dollars. By the 2nd week it has doubled to almost match that of MLP in the first week. Then in the span of one day it is about to destroy that by about 3x the initial MLP investment.

Amazingness and wonderful colors with rainbows and **** across the skies of greatness happened. All the planets aligned tonight.

Spyro

Smash Ace

We had Episode 4 of Melee on Me and there was a 3x Match EVO Donation Drive up to $1,000 during the show.

Slashy

Smash Lord
I'd rather see Melee and Fighting is Magic at EVO. Can you guys back off and give Fighting is Magic some support?

BrandX

Smash Ace
Hello everyone, you probably already know who I am so I don't need to go ahead and introduce myself.

I feel that instead of trying to talk to you guys on a different forum far away, that talking in the same forum would make a few things easier.

So I feel that people are getting the wrong impression of me, and that's something that I really kinda don't like to be honest. I know I have been making a complete ******* of myself, and I'm sorry.

I am really happy that your community is so powerful enough to make such a donation, I just felt that because of that, I was helpless and useless to my own community.

Slashy

Smash Lord
MLP is guaranteed to be at Evo already, they're part of the Indie Showcase.
Yeah, but does that mean its going to get any advertisements or showcased on any of the official streams? At EVO 2012, Fighting is Magic didn't have much support at all. Being a brony, and wanting to see this game get all the support it can get. I'd obviously prefer the situation where it and Melee both get the main stage treatment

Naota21t

Smash Champion
Hello everyone, you probably already know who I am so I don't need to go ahead and introduce myself.

I feel that instead of trying to talk to you guys on a different forum far away, that talking in the same forum would make a few things easier.

So I feel that people are getting the wrong impression of me, and that's something that I really kinda don't like to be honest. I know I have been making a complete ******* of myself, and I'm sorry.

I am really happy that your community is so powerful enough to make such a donation, I just felt that because of that, I was helpless and useless to my own community.
Honestly you're blowing this wayyyyy outta proportion. People are only bringing attention to it at all is because you're being just overly dramatic. Just tone it down dude. We appreciate the passion but all the apologizing and stuff is too much.

fatman667

Smash Journeyman

It's alright I forgive you and I understand why you behaved the way you did. And don't worry, you put up a pretty good fight with the donation drive, but don't ever give up making your game big. I know sg isn't big now and rather pretty small, but introduce more and more people to sg if you can just don't give up, and maybe someday your game will be as big as ours. Not getting to EVO will not kill you guys, I guarantee it and there's plenty of ways that you can make it bigger.

BrandX

Smash Ace
Honestly you're blowing this wayyyyy outta proportion. People are only bringing attention to it at all is because you're being just overly dramatic. Just tone it down dude. We appreciate the passion but all the apologizing and stuff is too much.
I know that, I really didn't want this to go this far. I just don't know why I get so shattered so easily lol. I mean, is there no way to make up for what I did? Does the smash community hate me even after all the things I said about how much I respect you guys?

oukd

Smash Lord
Premium
no, it's just that you're being melodramatic lol.

take a breather ~_~ nobody hates you

Vkrm

Smash Lord
Eryx, the correct question is "what is RIGHT with this community"
And the answer is Prog, scar, and crimson blur.

@bandx .....stop being weird. Serously. This is not over by any means. Right now a positive attitude is what's best for skullgirls.

:phone:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom