• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Event - EVO 2013 (Breast Cancer Research Drive) Melee @ Evo2k13 Donation Topic

Status
Not open for further replies.

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
So you guys going to any of the road to evo events now?
This has been discussed with Jebailey himself, he's hosted melee a lot before, he plays the game too but he's mad about what happened last time he did (there were a few issues) and would rather we proved ourselves worthy rather than him letting us in again because we raised some money.

Also, it's a ***** to get a bunch of consoles and CRTs last minute and we should respect that. As for Keits and UFGT9 or whatever the acronym, yo I think he's salty over divekick :troll: but I think he seriously just doesn't like smash as a fighter yet and looking at the logistics of it, it would be a ***** to get **** he doesn't have for us to come and play.

So we're not in any road to evo stuff at the moment, we're still at Evo and there's no reason more FGC tournaments can't pick us up after they see us like No Install did last night. It was like a Blazblue, Guilty Gear, Persona and Smash tournament and smash blew attendance and stream out of the water. We're doing good, keep it up and we'll get more chances like that to do good.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
Saying its not remotely true is a huge stretch, especially when Jebailey has confirmed he won't be hosting Melee at CEO.
It's because of the guy highlighted. He never liked this community and always took the game as non-serious as possible. Quite simply, he is quite mad that melee got into EVO over anything

He probably would have preferred MLP over melee, or possibly even brawl as he knows what a good amount of our community's opinion of the game is.

Revven

FrankerZ
It's because of the guy highlighted. He never liked this community and always took the game as non-serious as possible. Quite simply, he is quite mad that melee got into EVO over anything

He probably would have preferred MLP over melee, or possibly even brawl as he knows what a good amount of our community's opinion of the game is.
This is completely untrue. The last time he hosted Smash at CEO, the players who went there apparently caused quite a number amount of issues. And that's why he doesn't want to host Smash at CEO, because the last time the community came out it was a horrible event for other people who were there.

He respects the game and likes it. He doesn't like how our community in the past has seemingly acted entitled and/or whined about this or that. Not enough good etiquette.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I'll elaborate on what I said earlier when I have access to an actual keyboard and not just a phone. But just to be clear I wasn't implying that empirical verification should be applied to opinions to determine what is "the correct opinion", but rather something else.

Hot_ArmS

Smash Hero
This is completely untrue. The last time he hosted Smash at CEO, the players who went there apparently caused quite a number amount of issues. And that's why he doesn't want to host Smash at CEO, because the last time the community came out it was a horrible event for other people who were there.

He respects the game and likes it. He doesn't like how our community in the past has seemingly acted entitled and/or whined about this or that. Not enough good etiquette.
what issues were there?

Revven

FrankerZ
what issues were there?
I'll quote one of Alex's comments from a thread in the MioM Facebook group.

Alex Jebailey said:
Alex Jebailey Where do I begin.
First off my tweets and facebook posts are meant as trolling comments, which obviously were extremely effective. However it wasn't always like that and if you guys were truly offended then my apologies(I'm still checking IDs though at EVO). CEO 2010 was a huge success thanks to Plank(I think, Graybeal that hosted Pound) finding me a venue which I paid for and handling Smash. Event is in the history books now was a huge success. CEO 2011, I promoted Smash as a big game, I went all over the boards to tell people about it and people who knew my work ethic supported myself and CEO after everything I accomplished for it(CEO 2010 had 350 people, 2012 had over 1600). For 2011 Keith Kelly already really explained it. I was completely screwed over by the smashboards having my event posted 5 months BEFORE that Ohio event went up. I sincerely tried to make Smash HUGE in Florida on my own to make up for Flgaming mishaps owing Smashers money which I had no part of. Then Juan Hungrybox Debiedma had personal reasons for bailing on CEO 2011 and running smash 2 weeks before. I don't hold grudges but I don't like to rely on people that have proven to bail out cause I don't like repeating mistakes in case he couldn't help again. Luckily D-David Jericho Torres and Keith stepped up to the plate and they handled smash for me, and you have to realize when I run an event I like to be sure I'm on top of every game and well having 8 games plus Smash which is big enough for its own events is a very daunting thing for one man. So they did their best and ran Smash effectively, then a medal was tossed out which bothered me. However from a business standpoint, running CEO is not cheap because I'm trying to make a great environment for everyone in attendance. Seeing posts of literally every Smasher staying at friend's houses during CEO is not supportive when I have to rent out nearly 270 rooms at a Huge Hotel and risk every cent to my name to hope it's a successl. Then complaints of venue fees etc, it was more negative then positive feedback. So after all those mishaps It wasn't a smart decision to try and host Smash again in fears of yet another dumb event popping up same day then I'm made out to be the bad guy. I sincerely tried to create something special for the Smash community because I love the game, but that community made it hard and I have to do what's right for CEO to continue to grow. I'm extremely happy and proud Smash donated so much money that nobody will ever forget but I'm not required to host Smash at CEO cause EVO is and being 2 weeks away from EVO I highly doubt any players would travel out of state to attend both events, and quite honestly CEO has become so big now I have no room to go out and get CRT's GCs etc(I like to be prepared and have everything, just ask anyone that came to CEO last year and saw 70+ setups ready to go all weekend. You guys have a special opportunity at hand with EVO, Don't blow it and make the most of it. Support EVO cause if it doesn't work out(I know they're gonna do their best and run Melee the right way thanks to AlphaZealot helping from what I've been told.) you won't have another chance unless Lugo does another amazing APEX event for you guys. With that I'm out, Hate on me all you want if you wish to but just know I tried, I learn from my mistakes, and I know history would repeat itself at least in Florida. Just remember, this could of been yours http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=uSZ9YQC4PqA
There's some more stuff he said, but that was the big thing he posted.

He genuinely likes the game, he's going to enter it at Evo. It's just past experience with the Smash community that keeps us out from CEO this year. Plus, he does make a good point about CEO being so close to Evo and Smashers not likely to attend because of traveling expenses and etc.

Don't take whatever he said on his twitter seriously, he was trolling and jebaiting people. lol

GHNeko

Sega Stockholm Syndrome.
NNID
GHNeko
Part of that post reminds me of P5 where a big issue with Smashers was that the whole community decided to be cheap as hell, and cram a **** ton of people into hotel rooms in order to save money, which hurt Plank a lot because a lot of rooms went unrented, and cost Plank a lot of money. lol.

Revven

FrankerZ
Part of that post reminds me of P5 where a big issue with Smashers was that the whole community decided to be cheap as hell, and cram a **** ton of people into hotel rooms in order to save money, which hurt Plank a lot because a lot of rooms went unrented, and cost Plank a lot of money. lol.
Funnily enough, Jebailey brought that up in the thread later on LOL.

KoRoBeNiKi

Smash Hero
Writing Team
Slippi.gg
KORO#668
I am pretty positive that it was the 10k donation, unless scar somehow donated even more than that within the last 48 hours, LOL

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
$10,000 guy
Dudes Facebook has him talking about drugs a bunch and his job is displayed as 'following the stock market'

Must be making bank off that stock market, christ.

Fletch

Smash Master
Dudes Facebook has him talking about drugs a bunch and his job is displayed as 'following the stock market'

Must be making bank off that stock market, christ.
I am a professional derivatives trader, and I can tell you anyone that says their job is "following the stock market" is likely not a real trader.

Here is an AMA I did on the subject and my setup, for proof of course. Either that or you can ask any of the Chicago smashers that have been to my place.

http://www.reddit.com/r/StockMarket/comments/16yf5b/i_am_a_professional_selfemployed_trader_amaa/

http://imgur.com/a/cwzrT

Warchamp7

Site Owner
Administrator
Premium
Slippi.gg
WAR#912
NNID
Warchamp7
I am a professional derivatives trader, and I can tell you anyone that says their job is "following the stock market" is likely not a real trader.

Here is an AMA I did on the subject and my setup, for proof of course. Either that or you can ask any of the Chicago smashers that have been to my place.

http://www.reddit.com/r/StockMarket/comments/16yf5b/i_am_a_professional_selfemployed_trader_amaa/

http://imgur.com/a/cwzrT
I think my joke went over your head, better get another monitor.

Laijin

Smash Hero
The "stock market follower" or whatever it is, is there purely to troll people who try and figure out where my money actually comes from.
I think it's better to anything there rather than "I inherited a **** load of money from my bio dad who was a drug lord when I didn't even call him dad, I've always called my stepdad "dad". Other job title could be "Psychologist". which I'm qualified for, but could be even worse than the obvious stock market/drug stuff. Dayum.

Other than that, I sense jealousy ^_^, since "following" the stock market doesn't mean much, especially when most of my money is tied up in properties, hence where the majority of my wealth comes from.
But hey, wanna doubt that, feel free to ask Aus how much I've spent over the years in random tourneys, pot boosts up to 5 - 10k, flying people here (including US people)

Before it eats you alive.
Oh, and Warchamp, I think the joke hit him in the head, then bounced over it, hence the srsnes. <3
I mean drugs right next to a bad stock market knockoff, yeah, totes take the guy srsly. ;) lol
Whaaat. 10k tournies in Australia?
Do you do this for melee or brawl tournies?

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
lol we got nothing other than evo from this. But Wizard is being super cooperative and everyone's doing a lot to try and make a good appearance.

edit: lol after reading that you guys basically won. The difference is you have to play in a different area and probably won't get as many set ups(but get to be at road to evo events), but whatever good on you.

BrandX

Smash Ace
lol we got nothing other than evo from this. But Wizard is being super cooperative and everyone's doing a lot to try and make a good appearance.
I really want to see you guys do great at Evo, knock their socks off!

This is a great year for both SG's and Smash, lets make the most out of it!

KrIsP!

Smash Champion
lol it was front page dude, old news but they seemed to have updated it after covering it on the fix. Can't wait to see what they have to say.

edit: OMG SHE JUST SAID WE RAISED 250 MILLION DOLLARS WTF? DUDE FACT CHECK THAT'S HILARIOUS SHE DIDN'T EVEN BAT AN EYELASH.

Also, remember when this was an amazing feat? http://youtu.be/EyGlqsBYKpI?t=3m55s

KrazyKnux

Smash Lord
Yoooo, why are you guys talking to yourselves?

(at least I'll look sane when his account gets deleted LOL)

Gea

Smash Master
It isn't really unknown that moderation is really inconsistent on this website. That's my biggest thing. You break the rules and get in trouble? Fine. But everyone who breaks the rules better be treated equally.

DrinkingFood

Smash Hero
I'm not sure why people seem to think that banning people who break the rules is bad moderation.

This isn't a recent thing.
I'm not sure why people seem to think that breaking the rules once constitutes never being forgiven.

Forgiveness isn't a recent thing.

Pink Reaper confirmed for banning 10,000 dollar donator

EDIT: lol idk if this is just me glitching out but there appears to be an unreachable page 289 on this thread
when I click on it it takes me back here

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom