• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melee Back Room Reopening

NeoAkira

Smash Apprentice
I agree with bolt., let Eggz in.

But other than that, why is Pokefloats banned? All the changes are constant (non-random) and it doesn't move too fast at any one point. It doesn't really seem unfair to have it as a counterpick to me.

Gamegenie222

Space Pheasant Dragon Tactician
NNID
Gamegenie222
3DS FC
3411-1825-3363
Hey I heard that Pokemon stadium is recently banned in tourneys ? Is this true or not and if it is not what really happened to it?

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
@Sveet: I'm not sure those are good reasons for banning Mute City. I think those are reasons why Mute City is a good counterpick for Peach and Puff. It gives them the advantage--that's what a counterpick is supposed to be. Believe me, I had the same situation happen to me the other day when a Peach counterpicked Brinstar. It's rough but that's why you have a counterpick as well.
well theres stages that give them advantages, and then stages that give them ridiculous advantages. if you had a stage with only 1 or 2 of those features and not all of them, then it would be an advantageous stage. If you have all of them, you have a stage about on the same level as how good fox is on onett.

hey, neo's roy even got ken's fox down to one stock on onett, it must not be THAT broken of a stage....

ZoSo

Smash Champion
I want in the BR T_T
My application was rejected as a joke, which was kind of offensive and pretty much just reassured me that the BR is still about has-beens and people who aren't even good deciding the way of the community.

Granted I am a spammy *****, but when the time comes around I ****.
Lol.

10i'mlaughingatyounotwithyous

BBQ°

Smash Champion
Even though I dislike Pokemon Stadium, I don't see why it was placed on the CP list over the other neutrals. I thought Pokemon Stadium was considered one of the more neutral stages because it was one of the few stages allowed in crews.

Please correct me if I'm wrong.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Stage list looks as expected. Good stuff.

Also, I'm still not quite understanding why Mango isn't in the backroom.

if you can just look past him

typing like

this =)

You'll see that he probably has some stuff to contribute considering he's THE BEST ENGLISH SPEAKING PLAYER IN THE WORLD BY A MILE.

Just imo. Either way, I'm really looking forward to what you guys are doing, especially the Pound 4 coverage.

Fortress | Sveet

▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀▄▀
I know you meant to invite me too, you probably just got it lost amongst the other names. No need to apologize.

D

Deleted member

actually sveet you were voted for, I just think most people don't know who you are?

Ndot

Smash Journeyman
I agree with bolt., let Eggz in.

But other than that, why is Pokefloats banned? All the changes are constant (non-random) and it doesn't move too fast at any one point. It doesn't really seem unfair to have it as a counterpick to me.
Well, extreme massive gay camping like this can happen. lol Very hard to play against super camping, especially when you can't really move as fast enough as your opponent to catch them lol.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HJ8l-XQQ1Yg

St. Viers

Smash Champion
I wanna be in the back room.
*cries*

@NDot, you forgot that it too has no ledges (apparently one of the reasons MC is off too). This makes me kinda happy though, as I have 2 less stages to worry about when fighting peach/jiggz (I can just ban DL64 ^_^)

Ndot

Smash Journeyman
I wanna be in the back room.
*cries*

@NDot, you forgot that it too has no ledges (apparently one of the reasons MC is off too). This makes me kinda happy though, as I have 2 less stages to worry about when fighting peach/jiggz (I can just ban DL64 ^_^)
Right, the ledges, I forgot about that lol.

MaNg0

Smash Hero
Stage list looks as expected. Good stuff.

Also, I'm still not quite understanding why Mango isn't in the backroom.

if you can just look past him

typing like

this =)

You'll see that he probably has some stuff to contribute considering he's THE BEST ENGLISH SPEAKING PLAYER IN THE WORLD BY A MILE.

Just imo. Either way, I'm really looking forward to what you guys are doing, especially the Pound 4 coverage.
cause there haters

=D

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
Pokefloats is an awesome stage.

There's nothign better than timing someone out in melee.

D

Deleted member

I'm never adding any falcon mains again ever. or canadians. except europhoria.

stingers

Smash Obsessed
LOL WOW

Melee is pathetic these days

Can't handle Pokefloats, you get camped there. Nothing but fast technical combo stages allowed, even if the stage isn't broken at all.

S l o X

Smash Champion
The only good people I have played either mained Falcon or Luigi. :DDD = my ♥ for Falcon

troll metaknight mainer is troll (yes, i added -er)

NES n00b

Smash Master
Oxford, Mississippi. . . . permanent n00b
I'm never adding any falcon mains again ever. or canadians. except europhoria.
Due to the directness and finality of the post which has an overall negative tone, I hypothesize that you are, indeed, mad.

This post also indicates that there are stories associated with the decision, but probably none of us will get to hear them. :embarrass

john!

Smash Hero
MBR doesn't have any strong authority, so it's not like anyone should be super upset about someone getting in or rejected. It's pretty clear that they choose the ones who make legible and lengthy posts rather than the ones who know the most about the game (e.g. Mango).

.45ACP

Smash Rookie
This stage list makes me so sad that I registered just to post about it.

Jungle Japes..... :(((((((((((((((((((

Edit: sigh, people seem to like this new stage list. This fills me with deep, deep sadness. Super-conservative smash FTL, and those stages aren't that bad; they add depth to the game. :(

LAX_

Smash Apprentice
i'll totally miss jungle japes.

was the most fair stage in the game!
/sarcasm

but i will seriously still miss it.

Pi

Smash Hero
lol
Check the bigger tournaments, they all have their own stage lists
RoM2
Pound 4
Winterfest

All have very different stage ban lists.

don't cry too much people, chances are this won't be affecting any smasher hosts.

DtJ Jungle

Check out my character in #GranblueFantasy
BRoomer
The reason it's not affecting them is because they allready had their rules set in stone before this was released.

I can't really think of any other reason

Top Bottom