• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Social - N2C on thursday, anyone?

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer

tibs7

Smash Champion
Mmmm, chips, booze and a hot sis. Very very tempting.
Wtf is vgames?

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
It's a series of games you play with a female's naughty parts you know what I'm sayin? Otherwise it's probably just short for video games.

Thundermistress

BRoomer
BRoomer
Vermysaur:

Red Spice Road: (Best modern Asian in the city, insane signature dishes -- pork belly chilli caramel -- nice communal setting -- dj on sat nights) http://www.redspiceroad.com/
Match Bar and Grill (Younger bar scene, traditional fare): http://www.matchbar.com.au/
Fifteen (Jamie Oliver experimental kitchen -- generally agreeable but must be open to unusual sensory pleasures): http://www.fifteenmelbourne.com.au/
I vouch for Red Spice Road and Match. Fifteen I've heard fairly mixed stuff about. :s

Heard good things about Solarino - Italian - http://www.solarino.com.au/

+39 for gourmet pizza on Little Bourke supposed to be good too

Bar Lourinha on Little Collins if tapas is your thing, but for a guys night out I don't suppose so. Haha : ]

Hairy Canary on Lil collins is always a chilled out little spot too.

Squee. <3

Surgi

Smash Journeyman
Shadow Temple, trying to find the mirror shield
If you are looking for Italian, and really good stuff at that, go no further than Woodstock on Nicholson street. 10/10 for pizza, pasta and everything else. They also won 'The Age's best feed for under $20 award 3 years running.

I don't know a whole heap of fantastic restaurants, but if you're looking for a chilled afternoon, maybe a coffee to go with it definately try 'Brother Bubba Budan' on Little Bourke. I would vouch that it has the best coffee I have ever tasted, and is definately up there with Melbourne's best.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
poker/smash/soccer this thursday night
some combination, i'm super keen for all lol
who can't host? meeee
who can? i'll come and so will others
free autograph

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
Depends where you go. You have tons of late night options in the CBD; even Fitzroy-Collingwood starts to shut up around 10pm, except for typical junk places. RVictoria St RIchmond also has good late night options.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i liked the place we went last time

oh wait no i don't they ****ed up my meal bad
chinks

tibs7

Smash Champion
yeah bryan said he can host thursday so yeah get there whenever.
when caos comes back we are having trippy tachos that saturday after teh tourny :)

Dekar289

Smash Hero
waiter ****ed up my meal and told attila thinking it was his meal, not mine
that's even worse tak

bryan's on thursday huh, maad im there i'll put it up on myspace facebook and twitter

tibs7

Smash Champion
Stfu Tim :p

I'll ask Bryan if thursday at his would be ok for a meet, people cool with that?

tibs7

Smash Champion
Well tbh, this is no surprise to me. Young Dean has been the biggest pimp since '08. So hot women taking photos is a norm for someone as himself.

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
Tibs, I found that post quite humerous.

Anyway, since this thread was bumped and I think it used to be a meet thread:

Date is Sunday 1st of August, time is from 12-1ish start 'till like 6... I want you all out of my house by 7.
Location is the upstairs of my house, closest train station by walking is Pascoe Vale on the Cragieburn line (~20 walk) . If you need I guess I can arrange for a group of you to be picked up. PM me and I'll give you my adress and mobile number (or you can post and I'll PM you... or add me on MSN)
I'll provide lunch now, and they'll be a bunch of junk food probably through the afternoon :)

I'll probably cap it at ~10 people now, I have two TVs (and one Wii, so if someone can bring another that'd be good (and Conor said he's bringing a TV and Wii)) and it might be a bit cramped if we go over that. If you want Melee, mine's broken so someone will have to bring that.

Confirmed 100%:
ViVa
Earl
Conor
Khoa
Gary
Jei
Toshi
Nicks

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
hey dean i just saw that you want us all out by 7, i assumed it would go later but since this is the case i will only be there for about 2 hours coz i cant get there any earlier than 5. But i will make the most of those 2 hours :)

dean.

NNID
dean7599
3DS FC
1435-4425-6023
hey dean i just saw that you want us all out by 7, i assumed it would go later but since this is the case i will only be there for about 2 hours coz i cant get there any earlier than 5. But i will make the most of those 2 hours :)
Ahh sorry, yeah gotta take the parents and the little bro into account. Plus I'm not too much of a fan of going too late on Sunday nights when I have an early start to school the next day. It would be good if you could come and enjoy yourself still though :)

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
yes! NORFAIR!

oh, and id like people to try and give other people advice. if you see a habit, tell them about it. help them out with mus. if we're gonna beat nsw in crews, this needs to start now.

Splice

Smash Hero
Yeah i agree with attila

People need to start helping the people they beat, so they can analyse what they did wrong more correctly. Sometimes aspects of peoples gameplay gets capitalized on by the people who win, and if no-one tells them what the problem is, well that's pretty **** yeah?

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I never give advice cuz usually I don't notice bad habits that much. Probs could say I'm on autopilot most of the time.

But last tourney when I played all the new people I was telling each one what they did wrong.
Imo I'm not in any place to tell people they have bad habits.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
even tibor has habits. i ftilt them all the time. keep your eyes out and you'd be surprised what you can notice...

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
i've been starting to give advice in match as well, wooord, the bigger picture. it's also about understanding each other as well

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i'm no good at giving advice
if i won, i played better, my advice is prac up and play better

shaz in particular can articulate why you lost very well lol

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
I already put all my money down on you coming Redact. %($#^&*

Shaz is very good at giving improvement advice.

Top Bottom