• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
Yeah I know it's Harry, I read your Earlier Post, I just Felt like calling ya Aaron : P

Anyway, names Aside for now. I work a fair bit, but I'm sure Edge, Tanman and I can Organise Something, also we might even be able to have it at one of our places. We just gotta establish contact between each other by phone or something, cause Edge was lazy and didn't talk with Noah before the Hols

earla

Smash Lord
hey, if anyone has toshiba's contact number, could you please private message me it.

he lives relatively close to me, hurstbridge train line.

_X_

Smash Lord
It has come to my attention that people think Jei and I are actually making money from these things.
If people think that's why we're doing them - then you are wrong. Flat out.

People aren't looking at the bigger picture.

Last monthly we BEARLY made enough to pay the venue. Both of us lost money just like you did getting there eating etc. In the event that not enough people turn up it's Jei and I who are wearing the cost.

If this is about the pot again, it DOUBLED since last time! If you don't like the size of pot then get a ****ing job. Playing Smash is not about making money. However, we will increase the pot further once we can establish consistent numbers and it is financially viable to do so. We are still quite a young circuit and are growing each and every month.

Pot size although not fundamental to our establishment in the community can be the key to ongoing success. Not only does a bigger pot welcome more attention to us but also increases our affect and influence on the Smash community nationally and internationally.

If you've seriously coming to these things to make money you are coming for the wrong reasons. But, as we've always said, we welcome ANY criticism.

Investments will be made into Stigma by Jei and I personally. This will mainly focus on advertising to increases awareness and number. This will incur a cost. You will not be paying it. Jei and I will.

If you'd like to take to me personally about the matter feel free to contact me; details on the first post.

Ugly Man

Smash Apprentice

Last monthly we BEARLY made enough to pay the venue.

Last monthly we BEARLY made enough

Sorry X, couldn't resist. Robogrammarcop will now return you to your regularly scheduled thread.

Oh wait, opinion. Don't want Cao modding me again.

I have not once turned up for the pot (ignore for a moment that the idea of me winning one is ludicrous). I have not once not paid for entry, despite bringing more equipment than Smash-Jesus. If anyone is turning up purely to make money out of Smash then you're a crazy person.

Also, if you and Jei need any help with various things, I'm ready to help. Vermy would too, but he is a useless ******* and would probably fail at it. It's the thought that counts though.

Note: I also decided that I deserve a colour. For funzies.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
15 doubles entrants @ $5 per team = $75,
36 singles entrants @ $ 5 per person = $180,
Equals $255 total.
Take $110 for the venue fee,
Take $75 for the pot,
Leaves $70.

(This takes into account no tvs being given free entry (as i was told by jei), and x and jei entering for free for singles and their teams entering for free for doubles.)

Could you tell us whats happened to this money? Multiple people have done the adding up, and there is always $60-70 that seems to be missing.

_X_

Smash Lord
15 doubles entrants @ $5 per team = $75,
36 singles entrants @ $ 5 per person = $180,
Equals $255 total.
Take $110 for the venue fee,
Take $75 for the pot,
Leaves $70.

(This takes into account no tvs being given free entry (as i was told by jei), and x and jei entering for free for singles and their teams entering for free for doubles.)

Could you tell us whats happened to this money? Multiple people have done the adding up, and there is always $60-70 that seems to be missing.
Do you think we weren't aware that people could do math?

Since you have clearly disregarded my earlier post I would have you read it and review it accordingly.

Comment away.

EDIT: Reps for Uggz. Bringin' teh lulz brah

swordsaint

Smash Master
Even if you're not MAKING money from this. Money is still getting taken where people expect it should be going to the pot.

However what's wrong with giving Jei and _X_ A LITTLE bonus for their efforts anyway?

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Do you think we weren't aware that people could do math?

Since you have clearly disregarded my earlier post I would have you read it and review it accordingly.

Comment away.

EDIT: Reps for Uggz. Bringin' teh lulz brah
Uh, i didnt disregard your post. You didnt say anything about where this money is going =/

I hate to be the one to do this, but some serious accusations have been made and we need to get to the bottom of it.

@scott: nobody has a problem with them getting money for going to the effort to host stigma, its that if they have been, there has been no public mention of it

_X_

Smash Lord
Uh, i didnt disregard your post. You didnt say anything about where this money is going =/

I hate to be the one to do this, but some serious accusations have been made and we need to get to the bottom of it.
The money is towards a big and bright future for Stigma B. Proceeds (and then some) are going toward this Smash tournament and its future prospects.

This is also beginning to seem really off topic.

That's as much as of my time as I'm willing to waste talking about it.

Unless Jei has something to say about it I think that should have answered your question.

Vermy

Smash Champion
Just to reiterate,
X, I think is saying that although 70 could have been added to this months pot, it was put aside for future Stigma-B events.

This makes sense to me. So if we're running short on numbers one month, there's backup. Or if we're in excess of numbers we can add some extra (like we did when the Out of towners came down).

I got no problem with Jei and X having some money for their troubles, but as Condog said, the community would need to know. They make a fair effort, only seems fair. Time > Money.

And as you mentioned at Stigma-B, I'll be happy to make flyers for the tourneys. Then y'all can drop em off at your school, work etc. =D

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
I recon pots should only be necessary on the massive tourney events like Rocky. Monthlies should be just for practice and having fun. =) I mean if people really want money so bad just get a dam job -_-… you’d make more money doing that then some pot which could maybe exceed to 100ish… That’s just my view anyway, most people just want to win for bragging rights.

_X_

Smash Lord
That's pretty vague. =/
It's all in the works. We don't know exactly what we're going to do. But that's what the money's for.

Just to reiterate,
X, I think is saying that although 70 could have been added to this months pot, it was put aside for future Stigma-B events.

This makes sense to me. So if we're running short on numbers one month, there's backup. Or if we're in excess of numbers we can add some extra (like we did when the Out of towners came down).

I got no problem with Jei and X having some money for their troubles, but as Condog said, the community would need to know. They make a fair effort, only seems fair. Time > Money.

And as you mentioned at Stigma-B, I'll be happy to make flyers for the tourneys. Then y'all can drop em off at your school, work etc. =D
This. And also
I recon pots should only be necessary on the massive tourney events like Rocky. Monthlies should be just for practice and having fun. =) I mean if people really want money so bad just get a dam job -_-… you’d make more money doing that then some pot which could maybe exceed to 100ish… That’s just my view anyway, most people just want to win for bragging rights.
This. But at the same time, we DO have the provisions to offer a pot like we do, an increasing one at that.

earla

Smash Lord
maddogz, how much $ have you put away from these monthlies so far for us?

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
all this talk of money and the problems its causing is really making me sick. i do believe the pot was my idea a couple of months ago, in the hope of promoting competitiveness across the smash community. instead, all ive done is brought out the negative side in everyone, and now would like to revoke the suggestion if such behaviour ensues. if this really needs to be settled, by all means go ahead, but i wont take part in this discussion. i just wanna play smash.

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
I understand what X is saying, but it would of been nice to know beforehand to avoid all this. and Believe me, I don't play smash for money, I have to give up a 5 hour shift at work to go to these. And Fuel costs just over $30. So if I wanted money I would work and earn roughly $80 rather then Spending $40 to go to Melbourne for a day.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Here, even though X has already cleared everything up, he has asked me to comment on this money issue. I'll keep it short because I'm drunk and very PO'd that I'm getting calls while I'm out with my girlfriend accusing us of 'stealing from the community'.

Yes, we took money from the pot last tournament, as we have been for the last couple of tournaments.

Yes, I denied it when confronted about it because it was supposed to be a big surprise that no one could know about until the end of the year. (Sure, I can see how sus that looks but you have no idea about our plan so don't fcking judge).

We have already revealed too much because we have a community full of accountants but I guess we just suck at keeping surprises secret and there's just nothing getting passed you lot huh?

I'm not commenting any further on the matter, all I can say is that you made Smash about money, congrats. I understand X's and my mistakes and how it looks but we aren't pro at this kind of stuff, we screwed up. We are still going through with this surprise, you're just going to have to stfu and wait for it.

I can keep going cuz I have a whole lot to say about CW and the way they work but it's not worth my time, I'm not saying any more about it.

_X_

Smash Lord
Here, even though X has already cleared everything up, he has asked me to comment on this money issue. I'll keep it short because I'm drunk and very PO'd that I'm getting calls while I'm out with my girlfriend accusing us of 'stealing from the community'.

Yes, we took money from the pot last tournament, as we have been for the last couple of tournaments.

Yes, I denied it when confronted about it because it was supposed to be a big surprise that no one could know about until the end of the year. (Sure, I can see how sus that looks but you have no idea about our plan so don't fcking judge).

We have already revealed too much because we have a community full of accountants but I guess we just suck at keeping surprises secret and there's just nothing getting passed you lot huh?

I'm not commenting any further on the matter, all I can say is that you made Smash about money, congrats. I understand X's and my mistakes and how it looks but we aren't pro at this kind of stuff, we screwed up. We are still going through with this surprise, you're just going to have to stfu and wait for it.

I can keep going cuz I have a whole lot to say about CW and the way they work but it's not worth my time, I'm not saying any more about it.
Yes Jei, we're all a little drunk Jei...

Some of you guys honestly are making me sick...

If people keep bringing it up I will seriously consider talking to a mod about giving infractions etc.

"FULL OF ACCOUNTANTS" MEGA LULZ.

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Yes Jei, we're all a little drunk Jei...

Some of you guys honestly are making me sick...

If people keep bringing it up I will seriously consider talking to a mod about giving infractions etc.

"FULL OF ACCOUNTANTS" MEGA LULZ.

I hope not mes... =(i couldnt care less about the pot, i just go because i love playing brawl and to have epic fun with peps doing random **** like pretending to joust a bambo stick into jei and making him flinch XD

swordsaint

Smash Master
People didn't care that they weren't getting the money back. They just wanted to know where it was going.

I just think that getting mega defensive about it got people asking more. Telling people before hand it was going towards some "surprise" probably would've been a wiser decision but eh, it's all resolved now. >_<

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Okay no more about the pot, its all delt with so no point in bringing it up.

On topic xD
Im hoping this time i can place a bit better.. i need better brackets >=O

_X_

Smash Lord
People didn't care that they weren't getting the money back. They just wanted to know where it was going.

I just think that getting mega defensive about it got people asking more. Telling people before hand it was going towards some "surprise" probably would've been a wiser decision but eh, it's all resolved now. >_<
That's not the point.

What we're doing financially isn't ANY of anyones business other than Jei and myself. We didn't have to tell you anything.

Think what you want, believe what you want and do what you want. Just don't post it in this thread. This thread is about playing Smash, not money.

Mota

"The snake, knowing itself, strikes swiftly"
Would you consider choosing Lucas in the low tier tourney a good choice? Charizard?

Magus_of_Cookie

Smash Rookie
Hmmmm I might consider entering this...Anyone here in the south-western region of Victoria, specifically Warrnambool? Also on the pot thing, I think that brawl is for fun, if you want money you can get a job or gamble on something or whatever you want to do. Putting money on brawl sort of gets rid of the laid back and relaxed part of the game, which ultimately is why you play the game, to relax.

EDIT:Sorry, you guys posted just before I did, I didn't see you guys closing the convo about the pot. Sorry.

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
Attention smash community.... STFU

I could go on and list a thousand reasons why Jei and X decided to take money out of the pot over the last couple of months but instead all i'm going to say this time is that these tournaments dont just happen, both Jei and X go out of there way to organize these meets each month, and to be quite honest i think that they're more than entitled to take a commission from this, but being the nice people they are rather than pocketing this amount for their own benefit they are/will be using it to benefit the smash community as they see fit.

Also anyone that's complaining needs to ask themselves would they be willing to put in extra money to cover the venue if we ever get a turn out of less than 22 people, because otherwise this money is coming out of the TO's pockets.

Dont like it?
Run your own ****ing tournament lol.

I think our good friend Notorious BIG put it best when he said "mo' money mo' problems"

End discussion.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
<3

err..welcome newcomers, on behalf of everyone in the smash scene including myself I apologize that you had to enter our community during a discussion like this, I'm sure you will love it here lol.

I remember telling myself that I will keep my last post short...my bad.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Would you consider choosing Lucas in the low tier tourney a good choice? Charizard?
Theres only like 2 PTs to worry about, and if you space well and make use of platforms etc you can help avoid grab releases.

Plus he's super fun =3

SHNAIRSHNAIRSHNAIRCSTICKCSTICKCSTICKSHNAIRSHNAIRCSTICK!!!!

knightzy

Smash Journeyman
Magus_of_Cookie,I am from Warrnambool,pm me to get something organized,i am going up to melbourne sometime this week,anyone up for a go against my olima,link zss,lol,I main the least loved characters.

Zero

Smash Hero
ZSS may have the least amount of love, as density goes, but I love her with the heat of ten thousand suns!

So she has the most love :D

Dino63

Smash Journeyman
Hi guys,
I am planning on coming to the next one in a few weeks but i can't seem to get in contact with my host, since i'm fairly sick, I need a reliable host other wise my dad won't let me go. :urg:
Still I'm looking forward to this.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom