• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

earla

Smash Lord
@attila - simply would be sweet if people's priority was on playin their tourney games first to keep the bracket flowing.

friendlies are great for the community. you dont need to tell someone whose hit up most of the meets that.

haha gratz on your spacin

Leisha

Top Tier Pillow
NNID
Miss-ChuChu
Okay Yay shoutout time :3

Conor: Zomg our teams matches were just outstanding =). We did alot better then I thought we were capable of. If we didnt get those suicides we probably would of gone far as XD... I need to work on pressure too because I could of won the match agasint IceK's falco but his mind games got to me in the end x_x... anyways im still pleased in how we went ^_^ Kirby and Ness all the way

Tom: Those Falcon and Ness games were amazing. Such close matches... too bad for me in the end when i got taken down =P i sadfaced when my spike made you go upward insted of down XD... Anyways though your falcon is just fantastic <3 keep him up

Viva: lawl mwoahahaha your stars are now in my possession >=3 We need to play more next tourney too =3

Bryan: Lawl omg us in friendlies, We couldn’t beat a CPU kirby lmfao xDDD we need to practice teams someday xDD ill team with you one time in the tourney because that should be lawls <3 How fun was the little ds party? =O were doing that next stigma for sure >=3

X: Yeah we need moar girls D; another person like me would be awesome... DOUBLE THE HYPERNESS >=D and gosh you and jack are loud. xD

DS: dam your fox comboing my ness to death =P matches were close until you started reading what i'd do and just lost my game.. D; anyways nice to meet you too :3

Attila: i was really looking forward to doing some lucas vs ness games =/... too bad i kinda didnt do that great in low tiers. I've seen your samus in a couple of games too... pretty awesome =) Have to play sometime ;3

Tibz: God dammit i hate link soo much XD you would of listened to me complain the whole match rofl... and yeah i gotta stop being soo obvious with ness's spikes because well yeah, it will only make me lose =P. Oh and lucas, Im angry at him atm so im not using him, and i personally find my ness alot better atm :3 anyways GG's

Jack/Devil: It was nice to finally get to play some matches with you again, :3 i think your play style just hurts mine alot because i'd always end up loosing against you =P... ill have to look out for you if i get you in a tourney match XD anyways GG's to you too ^^

Vermy: Vermalicious! =O Sorry for having to knock you out of the tourney =( but you had one weapon to use with charizard (chain grabs to death) XD don’t worry there’s plenty more tournies to pwn at =O We should team sometime, should be fun ^_^

Ugly: I only got to play you in doubles and in a singles match recorded on the tv with you ****** my ness with D-airs XD i shouldn't underestimate ganon now... lawl, we need moar games next time =]

Gary/Ledge: Zomggggg you knocked me out of the tourney ;____; meanie! nah its alright, =3 ill just have to figure out a way to beat your olimar =P and LOL i made you Sakurai when you tried running away from me XD that brought the lols ;3

Earl: Zomggg you won doubles ^_^ awesome as! and second in singles, fantastic work earl :3 all that practice paid off! We were both tired as hell at venue xDDD we gotta catch again for moar brawls, and teach me how to get better again =P lolol

Tanman: yeah i come up with some weird stories dont i? =P i wonder what next?!? O_O rofl anyways it was cool chatting with ya, we nearly beat you in doubles xD just if conor didnt suicide D; lolol and dam you with friendlies... lvl 9 kirby cpu was somehow owning us ;_;

Atlas: The mario party games were awesome fun =P we all got owned by you in mario party xD and damm you for knocking us out of doubles D; naw its okay :3 we need moar games next time.. yay ^_^

Jei: lawl i loved your reaction when you thought i was going to throw the bambo stick at you >=3 also the tourney was super awesome.. <3 thanks soo much and keep up the awesome work. =D

Khoa: My chibi khoa =D lawl we didnt get to play much. you seemed down today though =[ sucks you left early... oh well ill cya again at the n2c meets ^_^ hyped with mother >=3

To everyone else ill add if i forgot, was an awesome tourney =D can't wait till next month ^_^ for now we shall meet again an n2c ;3

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Shout outs! =D Meant to do them sunday night but i was lazy and sleepy hehe

Leish: Yay epic teams =D We did awesomezorz except for all those suicides =O and i didnt even kill you once haha aww dont worry about icek, he has a good falco and you were on a high percent. And what was up with all the game and watches O_O like every team had one lololol We need to team again another time and winzorz mowahahaha =D

Vermy: Epic zamus spike wft XD Sorry you were off your game man, you'll do better next time =)

Tom: Awesome games dude, congrats on getting so far in singles and low tier. You are THE FALCON GUY, everyone wants to play you =P I love you marth too, but hate stagespikes >=(

Jei: Thanks for hosting, it was really fun :3 We should get that room again, it was so much better =D We didnt even play any games =( Oh wells we have n2c this week yay

Earl: Wooo congrats on winning doubles! Now win singles next month mowahaha you can do it i wanna see you become champ =P

Ugly: Argh you Ganon is too awesome for me ;_; Really close games in low tier, too bad i suicided on the last stock =/ We need to play more, come to n2c =P

Nix: Finally played your sonic askahgfjksga soo annoying lmao Awesome dude reppin Zamus you pwned in singles =D Now just wait for people to learn the matchup haha ;]

Splice: Holy crap your g&w is mad of win =O 3rd place dude, that is badass. Showing that wifi is good practice keep at it, i can see you being number one =D

Khoa: Sucks you had to leave early man, fantastic games with you and tan, if we didnt suicide so much we might have won lolol And lmao at you doing all the ditto matches XD You should make that your speciality, your great at them =)

Cao: raaaaaaaage =P you need to train me that **** doesnt happen again ;_;

Nicks: Great job on winning doubles dude, your wario is awesome. We gotta play more =D

Tanman: **** you and your G&W! lol nah im kidding you have a fun g&w, you dont spam anything lolol That was so gay on the last game how i was pwning with kirby then suicided at 20% ;_; We didnt get to do singles tho, good thing your coming to n2c =]

Drixon: Great friendlies man, didnt get to play you during the tourney =(

Edgegames: Never played you before, you make me hate sheik =P Too good

Jack: Duuude we need to play more, ilove you wolf i need to beat it lol

Attila: Good job repping low tier this tourney, your Samus is awesome =O dDo it next month and you'll place top 8 for sure lolol

Tibs: Still the best lol someones gonna beat your diddy eventually =P Watch out for earl, he wants that pot lmao

Cam: Good you could come man, your wolf is pretty good. Get a gamecube controller and come to n2c meets and you will be pro mowhaha

Everyone else i played: Great games =D It was awesome fun.

Can't wait for next month, everyone needs to come to n2c =D

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Shoutouts (memory is a bit fuzzy):

Splice: OMGOMGOMG, your G&W is awesome, as always, and your play style is really unique. Seriously, your play style really threw me off and I made some really stupid mistakes because of it (see vids). Oh, and I'll promise you, next time, it won't be that easy =P *goes to G&W boards*

Earl: Grats on coming second! You will soon learn all the diddy tricks and kick tibs off his throne =P

Tibs: Waaa! Diddy dittos suck. Ridiculous how you can control your bananas and my bananas. Not to mention the mindgames >.> Nevertheless, grats on coming first! You're still number 1 in Melbourne!

Attila: Argh, your Lucas is really good. I kept falling for that full hop>dair. Less mindgames, more Rollout!

Jei: You must teach me how to dair>rest. **** you're so pro at it.

Ledge: **** you have improved by heaps. Olimar on Greengreens is hax. I reckon you can get in the top 8 next Stigma.

Viva: Wowzers. Pro mario, even on Brinstar lol. You have some pro punishment skills. Lol @ killing me dying to your Falcon Punch serveral times.

Leisha: Thanks for showing us the way to Stigma! If it weren't for you, we would still be waiting outside =)

Tanman: Thanks for the Melty Blood friendlies! Its awesome to play against someone who isn't a computer. Also, I may have screwed up the Finals recordings (and I may have named some of the matches wrong). My apologies!

EdgeG and DS: Thanks for the Melee friendlies! Now I remember why I hate Shiek's fair. Pichu hax for top tier!

Redact (I think..), Bryan and Attila?(I can't remember!): Because I was having so much fun, I couldn't remember who I was playing with. Thanks for the Melee friendlies! Bryan is pro, and so is quadriple u-smash combo.

Cao: What!? How can you protect the Thunder Badge like that when you don't even remind people that you're the Gym Leader! That's it, I'm taking that Thunder Badge away from you next time we meet.

Vermy: Awesome music, awesome Melty, awesome Pokemon Trainer. Which makes you... awesome x 3.

T-Rex: Pro Captain Falcon, and your Marth is definitely great. I was lucky not get tipper'ed or gimped. Your Captain Falcon is the best I've seen, ever.

Nix: Awesome Zamus and your play style caused me to rethink my approaches. Teach me how to beat Splice!

Jei and X: Thanks for the tourny!

Everyone else: Thanks for the games! Some of the matches were really funny, and the reactions were even better.

Diddy: Is it me, or does everyone hate you?

Yeah, so uh, I guess I have to go get my tech skill up to shape. See you all at Melee!

CAOTIC

Woxy
BRoomer
hahahaha, I had to defend my badge like, 4 times - everyone got owned by the lightning bolt. How... fitting. :)

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Toshi: Pick Zamus/Snake and play gay. Auto win against Splice Lol. (Side-B>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GnW)
And I'm so going for your badge next month CAO
And I'm not showing it off much till people start ****** me, I'll keep all my tricks secret. No soup for you
Edit: Toshi, you didn't have to rethink nothing you'd have ***** me with one eye closed Lol too good.

Splice

Smash Hero
No Nix, play against Splice all the time and learn his playstyle = autowin. Stupid GaW telegraph all his moves grrr...

Also, id advise you dont go out of your way to show off your ZSS too much, abuse the fact that little to none of us know the match-up for all its worth.

Also Toshi you have an awesome playstyle too. We really need friendlies i enjoy playing against your diddy so much!

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Alright, new rule with recording - Stop it after your match/set, it's the red circle button to record (Takes a few seconds) and the stop button. Name who is playing, what type of match if it's a final or friendlies, and add a number to it so I can tell what match was when without having to do some effort on my part.

For example, if I was to play against Vermy, and it was the first recording of the day

VermyTanFriendlies1

Then Attila comes along and plays against Ugly for a semi final

AttilaUglyLowtiersemifinal2

Abbreviate where you feel like, but make sure it's legible.

Ugly Man

Smash Apprentice
Alright, new rule with recording - Stop it after your match/set, it's the red circle button to record (Takes a few seconds) and the stop button. Name who is playing, what type of match if it's a final or friendlies, and add a number to it so I can tell what match was when without having to do some effort on my part.

For example, if I was to play against Vermy, and it was the first recording of the day

VermyTanFriendlies1

Then Attila comes along and plays against Ugly for a semi final

AttilaUglyLowtiersemifinal2

Abbreviate where you feel like, but make sure it's legible.
I named most of those matches. The two videos called 'Something really long' and 'something really, really long' were ones I found that had been recording for half an hour-odd. Enjoy uploading 2 solid gig of video!

I hate doing shoutouts, because I always forget somebody and feel bad, and I don't want to feel bad dammit.

Shoutouts to all, the day was a blast and there was much awesome to be had. That'll do.

Zero

Smash Hero
Toshi: Pick Zamus/Snake and play gay. Auto win against Splice Lol. (Side-B>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>GnW)
lololol more like ZSS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GnW :)

Protip for edgeguarding GnW:

Let them grab the edge, charge a dsmash, they can't do anything. gf you tried :D

Nixernator

Smash Ace
lololol more like ZSS >>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>>> GnW :)

Protip for edgeguarding GnW:

Let them grab the edge, charge a dsmash, they can't do anything. gf you tried :D
I agree, Zero knows his ****. Zamus wrecks GnW

Lawls Splice knows all my sneaky Zamus tricks, no Dsmash fun for me, can't wait to see the vid of our Pride MM to go up :p.
Sorry Splice no more top 8 for you, all you gonna see is Zero Suit all day long.
Also can't wait for results.

Browny

Smash Hater
ledgehop bucket

??

Also cant you simply drop below the stage and uair through the actual platform to knock ZSS upwards?

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Also don't bother edgeguarding GnW with Zamus 99% you'll screw up and lose. While charging Dsmash, you have ledgedrop Up-B, Roll and punish (so simple yet underused), get up, drop and Zamus might mess up timing etc etc.
Stop giving them tips on how to beat me guys *sigh*

Splice

Smash Hero
Ahahaha Nix your hilarious. We didn't even have a MM what are you talking about?

Yeah DJ is right as long as its not Yoshis Island or Pictochat you can pretty much do that.
Nix does that all the time and fails, but i don't bucket it coz i fail also.

@Ant : thats exactly it!! He doesn't play a normal diddy, he plays really aggressively, the matches are really fast!!

Also Shaya, these are the results as far as i can tell <3

1. Tibz (diddy kong)
2. Earl (Meta Knight)
3. Splice (Game and Watch)
4. Toshiba (Diddy Kong)
5. Nixernator (ZSS)
5. Tanman (Sonic)
7. Devil (Wolf)
7. Nicks (Meta Knight)
9. X (Fox?)
9. T-Rex (Marth, C.Falcon)

Also i posted after top 8 coz im sure some of the other people will want to know anyway.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
Dude it was a MM for pride remember?
And trust Splice on this MU guys Lol he plays me like every day. I didn't use Sonic (or did I against T-Rex? Lol don't think so) and used Snake for one set so its not really a main. There was what like 40 something peeps with $5 entry fee too. X used Snake against me for one game so ask him about that, T-Rex used pit against me for one game also. And I think Devil used Lucario as well.
Edit: @Splice: B-b-b-b-b-but youtube, actually I think it was more along the lines of GTFO you're on the recording TV remember.
Double edit: So I just got raeped by his like never used Char, thanks guys great for the self esteem, could you at least pretend he's like some pro Pit main. For me?

Splice

Smash Hero
MM for pride? what? I remember, but we didn't do best of 3 we just played one match and then you were like
"EVERYONE PLAY ME I WANT TO BE ON YOUTUBE"
remember?

Also T-Rex doesn't consider Pit a main, and I think thats the only time he used it.
I have no idea about Devil or X, but Devil definitely used Wolf the most in the tourney.

_X_

Smash Lord
Dude it was a MM for pride remember?
And trust Splice on this MU guys Lol he plays me like every day. I didn't use Sonic (or did I against T-Rex? Lol don't think so) and used Snake for one set so its not really a main. There was what like 40 something peeps with $5 entry fee too. X used Snake against me for one game so ask him about that, T-Rex used pit against me for one game also. And I think Devil used Lucario as well.
Edit: @Splice: B-b-b-b-b-but youtube, actually I think it was more along the lines of GTFO you're on the recording TV remember.
I don't play Snake, not like the old days anyway... >_>

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
time for some shoutouts:

tibs: it appears im the only one in melbourne who actually can stop you. pity we didnt have a lucas v diddy match, cause i reckon the crowd wouldve gone nuts when i knocked you into losers lolol

jei: lol at our matches. like, all of them. what happened anyway? how did that happen? i dont understand, but it felt pretty good. couldnt touch jiggly, then suddenly i was kicking her ***. was a full stock down against pit after the shield gimp, but somehow got the finishing combo at low damage. LUCAS! gg man

tanman: heart your passion for all this stuff. coming down from bendigo, recording everything, uploading, burning dvds, youre seriously awesome man. having you on the seen is a great asset. although snake/lucas > sonic :p

cao: tornado! geez i hate that move. still loling at our win against you guys in teams (good old bryan). then you kinda disappeared. i didnt even get to steal your badge. next time. represent well in the us!

bryan: lolololololololol how did you manage that? pk thunder does not kill upwards. ever. under any circumstances. sd aside, youve gotten a hell of a lot better. wifi seems to be working for you... come to my house and play sometime.

vermy: i hate squirtle. hes like a little marth thats cute and kills people. lolol improving steadily, look forward to seeing how you do next month. but i look forward to my expertly designed tshirt even more! :p

splice: gg man, couldnt do squat against your gw. well fat samus almost had it, but i just couldnt kill you. like at all. look forward to rematching. congrats on the placing.

condog: i promise ive got the bthrow dthrow chaingrab down now on at least a couple of characters (namely the light floaty ones). ill show you at n2c, then we can **** with cg ics together. hehe

leisha: another one who was hiding all tourny. not only did i wanna lucas you, but my pokemons are ready for battle. absolutely have to settle things next time...

X: seriously, where do you hide during smash tournys? i dont think ive ever versed you. ever. nice work with the tourny though...

atlas: where was your mario? i couldnt find him anywhere. more friendlies next time.

ugly: i feel kinda bad calling you ugly. dont you have another nickname your something? your dorf is seriously troublesome, and seemed to do well in low tier yesterday. pro spike on luigis too :p

earl: gg in teams man, take out the sds and i think we might have had you. and for the record, lucas uair completely > mk dair. i tested this and it works everytime. lolol wanted to take your mk in singles, cause i reckon lucas couldve gone toe-to-toe.

nicks: ahhhh frustrating. i think that was the best way to describe it. so much work, only to get screwed over so easily. next time gadget, next time. oh, and who the hell knocked you out? you shouldve been top 8...

ledge: god i hate that olimar. causes me so many issues. thanks for the practice though, i really needed it. youve come a very, very long way. keep it up.

edge: god i hate that ike. knocked me into losers first round, thank god i didnt have to face it again. i never thought id hate him, but i definately do now...

nix: fat samus > hot samus. oh yeah :D good to see a nice zss in melb, god knows i dont have the patience for her. nice job.

everyone else: soz if ive missed you, but im rather tired and send hearts out to all not listed here...

in general: lol @ low tier. losing first round and coming back to win. teams was almost the same aswell, but we sd at the final hurdle. singles was fairly gay, i got a horrible bracket, and quite happily defeated 4 of the top 9 with samus in friendlies. so there, she has potential, i just didnt get the chance to use it. that being said, i really enjoyed using low tier, and think i will 'tier match' people next tourny. ill use chars from whatever tier theyre using. this will stop me from getting gayed, but also allow me to demonstrate my skills, and banish you doubters you think im some snake who holds down ftilt. although that snippet of my match against cobalt should do that anyway. lol "observe and utilt". genius tanman. look forward to seeing y'all at n2c on thurs. peace out.

T.REX

Smash Apprentice
i play pit every now and then on wifi, for funsies.
and to annoy :)

and you didnt use sonic on me nix, just ZSS.

i really, really want to vs nicks' wario :D (again)

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
@Ant : thats exactly it!! He doesn't play a normal diddy, he plays really aggressively, the matches are really fast!!
The matches are only fast because you roflstomped me =P It's either that or it's because of the melee I played earlier that night.

I <3 Melee.

Splice

Smash Hero
No, seriously, i cant stress my enjoyment enough, Toshi. Winning probably made it more fun but eh, it was fun already.

It was definitely Melee. You just grabbed a banana and ran at me. And i'd run at you.
Neither of us ran away once it was just Awesome!!!!

Attila, i <3 how your trying to prove you dont win just cause of Snake. Good luck to you.
(so keep NOT using snake PLZ PLZ let me place high!!!!)

Ant1

Smash Ace
Attila u should go jigglypuff next tourny.
Jigglypuff's pound is hax making her > than ZSS and Diddy.

U can always beat GnW and Wario, just counterpick norfair and rainbow cruise lawl. But u might have trouble getting the first win or the last.
And landing rest is always funny.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
@Attila: I'll learn that MU and prove that Hot samus>Fat samus you just wait. Also Zamus makes brawl fun =D, I'll improve for next month too.
@T-Rex: Next tourny, you me, Sonic V Falcon =D.
@Condog: Thank you, my wilting self esteem has comeback I feel so much better now.

@Ant: No way some punk Jigglypuff is going to mess with my Sexy suit Samus.

Edit: Also X, your shoutout Sigged Lol.

tedeth

Smash Master
EDITED FOR DJBROWNY'S APPROVAL:

Wario v Falcon is lols. Falcon has VERY FEW moves that can get through chomp.

But don't worry, for all those moves that do beat chomp, we can all just play Falco and SHDL.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
@ant: jigglypuff? no thanks. tier matching suits me fine. means ill get to use a fair few characters, but not gay ones, thank you very much. im actually practicing ice climbers atm, and can do the infinite on a couple of characters (still working on the heavys, who have gay as timing).

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom