• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

NoahMotion

Smash Rookie
man i thought there would be a bigger turnout then that.
yeah i wasnt able to make it (stupid exam study) hopefully next month i can bring me and 3 other peeps down.
Can't wait to test my skills on you guys :p

Suntan Luigi

Smash Lord
Good game people

Congrats to Atilla for winning the tournament. Your Snake is pro. Maybe I should have done a Snake ditto lol

Nice meeting all the new guys. Disappointed in not seeing all the old guys.

Crew battle was awesome...not. We sucked hard. All their players took off like 10 stock each off our players.laaaaaame

Jei thanks for hosting a great tournament. I'll try to make the next one. No excuses this time.

That's it from me. I gotta go back to doing trials in preparation for my mid-years.

earla

Smash Lord
good tourney jei, x. cheers for the games everyone i played. grats attila, cobalt, jei

Afropony

Smash Lord
I'm pretty sure the finals for doubles and singles were recorded for both singles and doubles but I'm not really sure. I also know that they recorded the crew battles.

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, the last 10 sec of the singles finals; and the entirety of the virtually one-sided crew battles. I have them, but my laptop is with DS due to the car accident; but Condog has them on USB and said he'll do some trippy effects before uploading all of them.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
yay! you guys recorded me using the 'observe and utilt' at the end of a match. lol

crew battles was a bit of a joke. jei obviously had no idea how to pick teams :p next time maybe we should base it on the results of that day's tourny, so like 1st, 3rd, 5th, etc will verse 2nd, 4th, 6th etc. sounds a bit more fair. cept when tibs comes 13th...

Afropony

Smash Lord
yay! you guys recorded me using the 'observe and utilt' at the end of a match. lol

crew battles was a bit of a joke. jei obviously had no idea how to pick teams :p next time maybe we should base it on the results of that day's tourny, so like 1st, 3rd, 5th, etc will verse 2nd, 4th, 6th etc. sounds a bit more fair. cept when tibs comes 13th...
Maybe the tournaments should be seeded next time.
1st rank verse 2nd rank in the first round is stupid and then one set after that it was the winner of the first match verse 3rd.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
i was talking about crews.... unless youre talking about the actual tournament, i agree, it was kinda stupid. me and tibs vs each other in the first round? you were my third victim, afro, not second ;)

i thought he seeded in anyway. you put into the comp whos awesome and whos not, so its nice and tight at the end, and good people dont get kicked out early. makes sense anyway.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
I have about 10 other matches on my wii, including the epic tibs v trex match. when i have time, ill try get them on my comp, at which point ill put them on youtube

oh and btw, i can now make my own textures =D

Vermy

Smash Champion
lol that sounds like a plan to me... its like, everyone verse bryan and tanman haha
You've forgotten me, Cao and Toshiba >:D
Azn pryde Mofos.

oh...
SHOUT OUTS TIEMZ!

Attila: Gratz on 1st! You have epic C4 skills. Dunno how you lay traps so well, i look forward to vsing you sometime soon.
Cobalt: Good to see you back in the scene, although a little rusty, as impressing as evar.
Jei: Have my babies. Or I'll cut up your pretty face.
Khoa: You get better results every time. =D
Splice:
Ledge: Olimar ****. Youve improved sooooooo much. GG
Toshiba: That AT is the one i discovered. I did a sliding reverse fsmash while holding an item. Its called the Itemplane or Vermyslide. Changes the diddy-squirtle matchup something hectic. GG.
Tibz: Everyone has their off days, so try not to take it too much to heart. You're an amazing player, and you've proven that. Most of Melbourne fears getting you in the first round lol. Get into Melty Blood! Its soooo goood.
Tanman: Thx alot for the haxx, me love you long time. Hope your car feels better soon =(
Timic: I gave you Melty Blood and you repay me by insulting Scrubs AND my music? You're treading on thin ice boy.
Drixon Sypher: Lol "Fox is hawt' *facepalm*
Afropony: GG in crews. I need to learn how to DODGE F*CKING ARROWS
Condog: texture haxx are foar teh 1337 =D
Edge Games: lol CP mansion.
T-Rex: EPIC matches dude. Seriously, youre an asset to Assault i am glad to have. Welcome to the ranks Soldier.

@Everyone else: Be more awesome and i'll give you shoutouts.

Love love.

Splice

Smash Hero
Yesssss.....? :(

Ledge has uploaded the doubles match of playing very badly between Our team and Vermys team. I might give a link at a later stage, but iunno, its pretty crap.

Cant wait for crew battles though. And Attilas Utilt.

Splice

Smash Hero
W00T.

Yay for the hammers - i love them.
This is what you have been busy with, maybe now, you can work on the videos!!!
haha jks jks.

Texture Hacks have just hit Melbourne, and I want ma own, too.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Uhh guys, try to keep the texture hacks reasonable please?
I'm all for cool textures, but on Saturday I noticed some textures that has the potential to change gameplay...
Someone had a G&W texture that will need to be switched off during tournament play. The 'every-colour-is-a-rainbow-texture' hack. I know it's rare for a G&W ditto to occur on that specific wii but regardless, it is not allowed.
Also I noticed some stage texture hacks that will need to be switched off or toned down. One game was played on Delfino Plaza and I swear at one point the colours were so bright and weird (inverted I believe is the term) that I didn't know what was going on. Stage hacks are allowed but once again, keep it reasonable.

M

+9999999999
NNID
Meteor
Also for anyone using the "Phazonfair" texture for Norfair, to not have it in use during tournament play. There's a strange bug in that texture that occasionally causes the characters to be hit by an invisible explosion...

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Yeah imma prolly turn off my stage hacks. Also, when wolf uses his laser, the texture on his gun causes the game to lag like a *****. So, no textures for woxy =(

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
What about Peach with the shorter dress? I'm gunna guess they wouldn't be allowed due to her Dress being the hit box with her down Smash, am I correct? or did I just make that up?

I know Zelda would not matter cause her dress is just for show and thats it.

Toshi

Smash Journeyman
Also for anyone using the "Phazonfair" texture for Norfair, to not have it in use during tournament play. There's a strange bug in that texture that occasionally causes the characters to be hit by an invisible explosion...
Ahh, that explains it. Nothing like rainbow G&W dittos with a distracting background and hidden explosions. And inverted-colour-yoshi's island that makes your eyes bleed. And a bright red final destination that burns your eyes (while it's bleeding).

I think I'll stick to regular brawl.

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
New Ranbats list: Why? Because I have nothing else to do.

Singles

1. Tibz - 29 - Diddy Kong - Mt Waverley
2. Attila - 28 - Snake - Mt Waverley
3. Jei - 22 - Pit/Fox - Delahey +1
4. Afropony - 16 - Pit - Elwood -1
5. Nicks - 12 - Metaknight - Heidelberg +10
6. Toshiba - 12 - Diddy Kong - Ivanhoe
7. CAOTIC - 11 - Peach - East Melbourne -2
8. Earl - 11 - Link/Metaknight - Greensborough +9
9. Amaterasu - 9 - Metaknight - Gold Coast -2
10. Cobalt - 9 - Metaknight/Dedede - Noble Park NEW
11. Nick - 9 - Marth - Mt Eliza -3
12. Tanman - 9 - Sonic - Bendigo -3
13. Khoa - 8 - Diddy Kong/Metaknight/Falco - Burnside +6
14. Shaya - 7 - Marth - Sydney -4
15. Atticus - 6 - Metaknight/Kirby - Bulleen -4
16. Dekar - 6 - Mr. Game & Watch/Marth - Boronia -4
17. DJBrowny - 6 - Lucario - Adelaide -4
18. Haydino - 6 - Mr. Game & Watch - Balwyn - NEW
19. IceK - 6 - Falco/Zelda - Blackburn -5
20. Drixon Sypher - 4 - Fox - Bendigo -4
21. Forte - 4 - Metaknight/Snake - Glen Waverley -3
22. Splice - 4 - Mr. Game & Watch - Elwood NEW
23. Alfa - 2 - Lucario/Bowser - Balwyn - NEW
24. Jared - 2 - Lucario/Snake - Mt Eliza -4
25. Ledge - 2 - Olimar/Lucario - Moorabin NEW
26. Nay - 2 - Toon Link - Sydenham -5
27. Tak - 2 - Fox - Scoresby -5
28. TRex - 2 - Captain Falcon - Belgrave NEW
29. Viva - 2 - Mario - ?? NEW

Doubles

1. Attila - 36 - Snake - Mt Waverley
2. Tibz - 36 - Diddy Kong - Mt Waverley
3. Jei - 28 - Pit/Yoshi - Delahey
4. Tak - 20 - Fox - Scoresby
5. CAOTIC - 16 - Peach/Wolf - East Melbourne
6. Afropony - 12 - Pit - Elwood
7. Toshiba - 12 - Diddy Kong - Ivanhoe
8. Dekar - 10 - Mr. Game & Watch/Marth - Boronia
9. DJBrowny - 8 - Metaknight - Adelaide
10. Earl - 8 - Metaknight - Greensborough - NEW
11. Nicks - 8 - Metaknight - Heidelberg - NEW
12. Shaya - 8 - Marth/Wario - Sydney -2
13. X - 8 - Fox - Nunawading -2
14. Amaterasu - 6 - Metaknight - Gold Coast -2
15. Tanman - 6 - Mr. Game & Watch/Donkey Kong - Bendigo +8
16. Alfa - 4 - Lucario/Bowser - Balwyn -2
17. Devil - 4 - Wolf - Whittlesea -4
18. Haydino - 4 - Mr. Game & Watch - Balwyn -2
19. Khoa - 4 - Metaknight - Burnside - NEW
20. Drixon sypher - 2 - Marth/Fox - Bendigo -5
21. Icek - 2 - Falco/Zelda - Blackburn -4
22. Jared - 2 - Lucario/Snake - Mt Eliza -4
23. Ledge - 2 - Lucario - Moorabin -3
24. Leisha - 2 - Lucas - Whittlesea -4
25. Meteor Master - 2 - Ness - Sydney -4
26. Nick - 2 - Marth - Mt Eliza -4
27. TRex - 2 - Marth - Belgrave - NEW
28. Viva - 2 - Mario - ?? - NEW

Just like I said I would, I capped this list at 20 people on the front page, so apologies to those who have less points than Drixon Sypher in both tournaments.
Also once again, this list is not indicative of true skill level, so if someone you feel you are better than is above you on this list, don't b*tch about it, just be more consistant than them in tournaments.

I need someone to give me the suburb of Splice and Viva if possible please. I know those two are going to make top 20 very soon.

Ugly Man

Smash Apprentice
Oh god, I hope not. :laugh: I'm sick of strangling my evil doubles on rooftops in the rain, last time it happened the amateur photographer who hired me to find her missing sister almost shot me instead of the double. Or something.

I'm going through my texture hacks now, getting rid of the ones that don't work properly/are excessively annoying. The Magneto Ganondorf, for example, is pretty awesome at first. Then he gets painful for the eyes.

By the way, if anyone finds an extra white GC controller in their stuff, it's probably mine.

Splice

Smash Hero
I come from Elwood Jei, a few streets away from Afropony.
Splice - 4 - Mr. Game & Watch - Elwood - NEW :)
Need to change my name to start with a letter that comes before D so i can be on the list lol. :p

And yeah me and Toshi went Rainbow GaW dittos on Phazonfair by accident in a tourney.
It was pretty bad. I still want my own hacks though.

C~Dog

Smash Champion
Okay, so it looks like no stage hacks, and leave every characters default costume so people can have a no hax match if they want. also, no rainbow texture for mr gaymanwatch. ill find a more muted texture for him.

Splice

Smash Hero
No no no, Condog! Its because the texture for Game and Watch becomes the same for each costume if you hack it. Just make him Normal again. And Gaymanwatch is an unnacceptable term. *hmph*.

Nicks

Smash Journeyman
@ splice

Nicks: I totally won that first match. But you beat me on Norfair, so you beat me fair and square.

yeah that ending of our first match was epic! i was just lucky that my move hit you horizontally and yours hit me upwards :p tense match

Dedu

Smash Lord
gay much?

I'd love to put a pink suit on marth...
Or make snake have a nice body texture hack instead of that nylon suit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom