• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Melbourne Brawl | STIGMA-B for 2010 yes or no?

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
I got here a little too late to defend Olimar. in saying that
He only LOOKs like hes spamming the same moves over and over because they all look similar, but really Olimar takes alot of Spacing and stagecontrol to play otherwise you will get gimped very early against a player that KNOWs the matchup, because his pikmin priority is different to any other priority move in the game because they have health, and if they get hit and die the attack that hit them doesnt stop even on Fsmash and Dsmash :(.
So if you cant get inside Olimars camping then you are getting out stage controlled and out spaced. L2P n00b :p XD.

so yeah i arrived too late to say this XD, sorry _X_ :p

Splice

Smash Hero
@DJB: GaW is not gay, most of the pros play him quite aggresively and fast, if they were playing gay they were probably playing a Snake or Marth. GaW can be played gay, but a lot of the time its better to be gay in small doses, and be cool and awesome most of the time.

@Ledge: Olimar is annoying, it's his playstyle. You have to be so safe, and we have to be so safe playing you. Not enough violence, just pikmin flinging.

@ X : I realise i have just disobeyed you. However, here are some videos to compensate;

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eMNAXjJt-pg R1 and R2 Splice vs Afropony winners bracket
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=01OFyjmfcsA&feature=channel R3 Splice vs Afropony winners

Please note that me and Afropony played again in the losers bracket and those are the videos with awesome commentary. Also take note that the stages we played on were the same both sets, even the neutral at the start. The losers bracket matches are like 3 times as good, can't wait til they are up.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=TaXCIvM425Y&feature=channel R1 - R3 Ledge vs Dekar winners

Ledge gets defeated so effortlessly by Dekar it all fits into one video :p

Thanks to Ledge for these, I may be able to upload some more by going to an Internet Cafe, it takes forever to do it on my computer (19 hours)
For now, bother Tanman. He has all the vids and the fast internetz. :)

Splice

Smash Hero
People who say they main low tier only but then attempt to learn high tiers to cover bad MU's (defeating the purpose) are gay.

<.<

Just coz i get so many 9's on you all the time Vermy. I think I'm up to 11-12 9's now, since June. :p

Toby.

Smash Master
I like it how people the top tier is gay with the exception of their own character. Snake doesn't camp! That would be ridiculous! Have you seen ally? He jumps right in there and doesn't camp at aaallll. Game and watch isn't gay! Wario isn't gay! Marth isn't gay!

>.>

'Gay' is a subjective and fairly useless descriptor for things like this. You don't find something nearly as annoying or unfair if you are doing it, so of course you won't see your own character as 'gay'.There's no point arguing about how fair your top tier uber camping machine (yes, thats all of top tier woohoooo) is, because it just makes you look silly.

On topic: wow go stigma, what a wonderful series of tournaments!

<3

Ugly Man

Smash Apprentice
I like it how people the top tier is gay with the exception of their own character. Snake doesn't camp! That would be ridiculous! Have you seen ally? He jumps right in there and doesn't camp at aaallll. Game and watch isn't gay! Wario isn't gay! Marth isn't gay!

>.>

'Gay' is a subjective and fairly useless descriptor for things like this. You don't find something nearly as annoying or unfair if you are doing it, so of course you won't see your own character as 'gay'.There's no point arguing about how fair your top tier uber camping machine (yes, thats all of top tier woohoooo) is, because it just makes you look silly.

On topic: wow go stigma, what a wonderful series of tournaments!

<3
I'm not a huge fan of using 'gay' like that anyway. Oh noes, Metaknight can camp a ledge. Obviously this means he has sex with other... uh, does a living marshmallow in a mask count as a dude, or what?. But you see my point. I don't quite see the connection between hitboxes and gay people.

Incidentally, Ganondorf is megabroken. Broken like a tibia in a bear trap.

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
To hell with what X says he isnt a mod so he cant do ****

I imagine all this gay-bashing is quite insulting to Arun and Brad, think about who your words may hurt next time.

Also Jei/Shaya, i only really played my wolf in singles this time

Splice

Smash Hero
Tobyyyy :(
i never said that the rest of top tier was all broken and stuff.
Just Olimar, but I play Gary like every weekend. You learn lots though, like not to spam Dair :D

<3 Ugly post.

Yeah out tournies are pretty cool. From what I've heard Sydneys tournies sound less laid back. Ours are pretty chill.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
i wasn't was I? i hope not, didn't intend to come off like that anyways
probably my intense love of splice driving me to hate his opponents haha

the vids w/commentary uploaded?

Tanman

Smash Journeyman
No, that's my job, since I bring the recording stuff. Well, Volunteer service more likely. In other words, I really don't have time at the moment/don't want to be slowing my net. I'll cram some in once I get through my assignments, though.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
I like it how people the top tier is gay with the exception of their own character.
undeniable logic

also shaya I love how you say that getting past grenades is hard, you can just walk/run right past them lol noob.

its only hard if the player is really good with their nades and makes it hard, but that can apply to anything therefore its not really valid.

imo snake is broken, yes, bull****, yes, super gay because he runs away so you cant ever hit him? no

most snakes hold their ground and make you run the gauntlet to get them, which is more fun then chasing them round in circles pointlesly.

Attila_

The artist formerly known as 'shmot'
BRoomer
ok confirmed. luke and ted are welcome to stay at mine for stigmaB on the 20th. anyone else who wishes to come (toby, sd and shaya im looking at you guys) should be able to stay with someone else though :)

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
OoOoOh more interstators <3.

@Devil: I lol'd at your last post...about 3 people will get the joke you made.

@People in General: I personally don't think Snake is broken, he is just good. He earnt his spot on the tier list. Beside Attila's Snake I find Snake to be completey beatable.

But then again I actually enjoy playing Metaknights aswell...so maybe my views are distorted. I find Metaknight to be very, very beatable.
G&W and IC's on the other hand...

@My Stigma-B boizz: I'll fix up the results page soon with the characters I guessed incorrectly. Thanks.

luke_atyeo

Smash Hero
you should go to America jei, it would make you rage so hard

thanks attila, now we just gotta organize

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Oki doki peoplez (and non-peoplez), First page has been updated to include details of September's tournament.
Please take note of the schedule, we only have the room from 1pm onwards again, greatly restricting our time. So if you guys want another bonus event you are all gonna have to co-operate entirely.

Also the ranbats have been updated so take a looksie.

Toby.

Smash Master
I'm not a huge fan of using 'gay' like that anyway. Oh noes, Metaknight can camp a ledge. Obviously this means he has sex with other... uh, does a living marshmallow in a mask count as a dude, or what?. But you see my point. I don't quite see the connection between hitboxes and gay people.

I totally agree with this. I gave up the crusade a long time ago though, roughly when somebody made a thread about how the community should move away from the phrase...they got murdered.

As it is, the word has become ingrained within the english vernacular and in this context is clearly more associated with elements of cheapness, unfairness and frustration rather than sexual preference. I still think that its a great pity that intolerance has eventually given birth to an adjective that clearly marginalises an entire group of people...even if the meaning is no longer directly related to them.

So yes, I agree. I just don't talk about it much :/

And splice, etc...I was more talking about a trend I've seen across all communities and tiers. Some low tier characters have annoying place styles as well, and the mains of those characters don't see what they're doing as annoying either. Rock smash is pretty bull****, but you won't hear me admitting it very often :p

It is because of this that I didn't see the point in the argument.

Also...vermy. We got this.

Slashpockets

Smash Apprentice

It's just like how hussy meant housewife
Bimbo was a baby
But gay used to mean happy

The more you know!

Jei Jei

Smash Champion
NNID
Jei_Soul
3DS FC
1564-4103-8935
Afro if Dekar doesn't come then I'll team with you.

I heard the word "dude" means a camel's peepee but I could be wrong. (Peepee is a gangsta word, don't knock it.)

Siyro

Smash Journeyman
@Jei: ***** be tripping Balls.

Randomness aside, Star Force, is gunna win so it doesn't matter who you guys team with : P

EDIT: Oh yeah, the censor. Well i'll leave you to guess that first word.

Nixernator

Smash Ace
12th on 12 points. That made me lol.
Also Dork means a whales peepee Lol, and my cats name is Bimbo suddenly its not as rude as I thought thanks Edge =).
And check the Ranbats list Edge, see how theres only ZSS next to my name? Thats right I don't tier *****.

Pirate.

Smash Apprentice
I totally agree with this. I gave up the crusade a long time ago though, roughly when somebody made a thread about how the community should move away from the phrase...they got murdered.

As it is, the word has become ingrained within the english vernacular and in this context is clearly more associated with elements of cheapness, unfairness and frustration rather than sexual preference. I still think that its a great pity that intolerance has eventually given birth to an adjective that clearly marginalises an entire group of people...even if the meaning is no longer directly related to them.

So yes, I agree. I just don't talk about it much :/
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=HtaPaQwSQPA watch this Vid.

Dekar289

Smash Hero
yer team with afro i'm not coming

no wait that's stupid lol team with splice, he's like dekar v3.5

Devil.

Smash Journeyman
Dude is a slang word for "man" that's been around since the late 1800's It isn't a camels 'peepee' lol

tedeth

Smash Master
Metaknight's extermely gay = Metaknight's exremely HAPPY because he is too ****ing good. :p

But seriously, there's nothing wrong with using the word in this context. People don't use it to offend homosexual people.

To say it's wrong to use the word in that context is like saying the term "black spot" (meaning a place where there are often car addidents and fatalities) is racially offesnsive to black people.

Get over it.

Ledge_g2

Smash Ace
ok ive just uploaded all the doubles finals on the StigmaB youtube account

Grand Finals: Team Hyperpower vs Team Awsome
Round 1
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=YSJmpNzrcwY
Round 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=eSWvlgz0cUM
Round 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PBuLfjv3IYM

Losers Finals: Team Awsome vs Broken Arrow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=QEVuCfKOjTY

Winners Finals: Team Hyperpower vs Team Awsome
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=bc8LwIdVqjM

and Dekar vs T-Rex Marth ditto match.
Round 1 & 2
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=-VrGpELO244
Round 3
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=LmH-p64kmkg

and Team Hyperpower vs Broken Arrow
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=O83AhNaTcIs

This is my Youtube account for some vids if anyone wants it
http://www.youtube.com/user/LedgeG2

and StigmaB youtube account if anyone doesnt have it
http://www.youtube.com/user/StigmaB

Dekar289

Smash Hero
oops after match 2 i say it's 2-0 to ledge/splice lol ><
whatever result still the same haha

gw ledge

Dekar289

Smash Hero
We accept Paypal and Bank Deposit payments, and will also be taking prepayments at the next Couch Warriors Ranking Battle in September.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom