• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman X: Day of Death. ~ EVERYBODY DIED. SCUM WINS. GAME OVER.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Thank you for that link, it proves my point. Just look through the first few pages of it and compare Ryker's play in that game (A bit of a jerk, but actively contributing and scum hunting) to his play here or in FFIX mafia, where you need to stop and think to try to figure out what on earth he's doing.

Boatchouli

Smash Rookie
Thank you for that link, it proves my point. Just look through the first few pages of it and compare Ryker's play in that game (A bit of a jerk, but actively contributing and scum hunting) to his play here or in FFIX mafia, where you need to stop and think to try to figure out what on earth he's doing.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm not sure what you're pointing out, you just linked to several posts where I did exactly that.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
1. Inferno3044 ()
2. JTB ()
3. Overswarm (4) JTB, Tery, Rajam, Boat
4. Red Ryu ()
5. Circus ()
6. Analytical Buttheads (2) OS, Nich
7. Rajam ()
8. Nicholas1024
9. Xatres (1) Circus
10. Terywj ()
11. Raziek ()
12. Boatchouli (2) FF, AB
13. Frozenflame751 (2) RR, Inferno,
Not voting - Raziek, Xatres

With 13 playing, it takes 7 to lynch!

Overswarm

is laughing at you
How has the Boat outburst affected your opinion of them, OS?
I don't really have much of an opinion on them at the moment, nor do I really care to shape one. I don't know Moth, but Ryker's easy enough to predict and is unhelpful as either alignment. He'll be a bit of an annoyance, I'm sure, but that's not really indicative of his alignment; expect bouts of inactivity and activity rather than a consistent stream, weak cases being used to set up emotion-based cases. Ryker's standard 'push' against someone is to attack them with a weak case, the opponent gets defensive and says "look how stupid this is", and then Ryker judos them by changing his case to an emotional-based case instead of logic-based; this is helped by the fact his opponent is still arguing as if it is a logic based case while Ryker is saying "look how crazy this guy is". Someone focusing intently on something that isn't a product of the conversation makes them look like they're scrambling.

My personal advice is just to ignore him until he decides to start playing, vig him if you can, and keep him as an emergency lynch if we don't get an actual read somewhere. If Ryker is town, he might get someone to slip up just with his idiocy; AB deciding on a policy lynch of that hydra because they're posting in pictures is the kind of action you can squint your eyes at and use as an indicator of future events. Nothing reliable or special, but I take what I can get.

Right now I'm more interested in those hiding; if there is inexperienced scum here, chances are they'll be more inactive than active given the players here. Think about it this way: would you want to go up against me, you, circus, Adumb/gheb, and FFlame if you were scum? I doubt we'll see much risk-taking by an inexperienced scum player, so as the player list whittles down and we get a better idea as to who isn't scum after we've got some flips, we can go back and see the people that are more "playing it safe".

AButthead's play is exactly what I would have expected from him gaining a scum slot. Early attention transitioning into a lesser presence after shrugging off negative attention (or directing to an easy emotional target that you don't need to "provide reasoning for") is a great tactic when there are strong players in a game, and one I've used myself frequently. I've discussed this with Adumb in the past, so I know he's aware that both he and I are capable of it.

It's easy enough to catch if you know you're looking for it though. Just watch AButthead and as the game goes on make him provide reasoning for all his reads and actions you find suspicious. Adumb feels the need to explain himself thoroughly, which makes him easy to trap; he's smart enough to avoid answering without pressure, and Gheb likes to just not answer questions himself, so just lynch him if he doesn't answer questions.

I'd still like to hear from some of the weaker players before we move on. I'm really interested to see who's going to die toNight; my instinct says that I will die tonight, but that doesn't really bother me. One of the players that is hiding here is either scum or a power role, but I don't know enough yet to call them out; hiding probably would have been a better strategy for surviving this game, but I don't really care about survival. It's been a while since I've had a town game I can play attentively, so whatever. They could kill just about anyone and get 0 links to them right now, so we'll need to change that soon.

Tery, you going to post anytime soon?

Circus, what do you think of JTB?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Not in the best of moods right now. I promise I will get something up tonight. I really hate you guys for being all lame and stuff. I'm talking about the excessive pictures.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Not in the best of moods right now. I promise I will get something up tonight. I really hate you guys for being all lame and stuff. I'm talking about the excessive pictures.
I hate you because you've been reading the thread and not posting.

Analytical Buttheads

adumbrodeus|Gheb_01
Point to where. No one ever questioned AM on what they meant in regards to specific posts. The one or two times it was mentioned, it was quickly cleared up. No, that's a recurring theme with that hydra that will occur again.

Now you're saying there is a complete lack of content when there is obviously not. And I really am ****ing tired of these mother ****ing snakes in my mother ****ing boots.

Scum team is Nich, OS, and AB. Calling it.
Care justify... any of that?

I get you being on me, my standoffish personality and apparently unpopular view about RVS made me the target de jour, but what the heck is your justifacation for nich and OS?

Nich is playing his standard noobtown game.

OS has pretty much ticked off all all of his towntells boxes so far, heck if anything the exchange we had dragged it out even more.

You have yet to give any legitimate reasoning as to why either of them might be scum.

Cut the crap, let's here some legit content out of you.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
unvote

ill be here this afternoon

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I am posting my thoughts as I was reading at the time of each post noted. So I know some things will be repeated or have already been said.

Rajam said:
Inferno wins the prize for filler post of the year
And you win the prize for filler reply post of the year.

FrozenFlame said:
(Bit on Inferno's vote / unvote stuff)
Hmm. I find it odd that he would unvote after making such request, but it's not indicative of anything yet.

Inferno said:
@nichloas- the vote is complete rvs which im hoping is obvious. The unvote is a little more serious because I have basically no opinion on people atm because basically no information has been shown. Also this is my 2nd game here and I have no idea how long rvs tends to last. If we are still in that phase then

vote: frozenflame

See when I do it without the numbers he sounds legit.
What did you want to say with this?

Rajam said:
Not like I saw something new because you quoted them... I still see Inferno posting fluff, and I see those votes/unvotes as fluff as well.
I can agree with this.

Xatres, what's your Mafia experience? Maaaaan I am so lacking compared to everyone else here. :c

Red Ryu said:
Everyone should vote Frozenflame dude is totally scum.
I think there's a little more info out there in the dialogue so far for you to make that kinda of post. Ticking me.

Analytical Buttheads said:
It's anti-town NOT to revel in RVS, which includes bringing attention to pretty much anyone that suits your fancy.

Also, that's how you get an idea of people's alignment, so I'm happy with gleaning a town read out of you.
I like this post and I agree with the thoughts on RVS. Speaking of which.

Overswarm said:
What did you think of the vote / unvote stuff in his "request number whatever" post? Seems like we're divided between "fluff" and "strange". If you fit into either of these categories shouldn't that say something?

Analytical Buttheads said:
... OS, it should be very obvious that there's more then one person I have my eye on, and committing to a view means that other scum won't fall into it if it's scummy, or if it's a towntell scum can adopt to it. Also committing to it makes it more difficult for me to give them enough rope to hang themselves later.

I know you like your plans, but patience.

And stop trying to push an end to rvs so quickly.
I don't think the impatientness (word?) is a desire to escape RVS, it's to get responses from you to formulate his reads.

Inferno3044 said:
General defensiveness no. Unneeded defensive to an extent. You seemed to me a little defensive regarding AB's posts about you and I thought it was unneeded. But it's one post and even that I found out your reasoning behind it. I hope this is much more clear.
That sort of opinion is very subjective. How and where do you draw the line?

Overswarm said:
RVS ended the moment I signed up.
Nope.avi

Nicholas1024 said:
OS has got a point, in that the worst things so far (outside of AB's play, I mean stuff like Inferno being a bit fluffy, Frozenflame asking me about his vote), don't really merit more than an IGMEOY, and the benefit of the pressure you'd get from asking about it would far outweigh the risk of people avoiding said minor tells.
What's IGMEOY?

Nicholas1024 said:
Do you really think your influence on this game is so great that scum will adjust their behavior only based on what you think? Additionally, you could use a gambit (pushing a non-tell or weak tell for instance) to get reactions. I just don't see why you're sitting back and going "I've got my eye on people, not going to push anything just yet."
Nicholas essentially posts what I had in mind.

Goddammit FrozenFlame do you always post stuff like this.

Xatres said:
@Nick: At the time of my posting, I didn't have any firm readings on anyone. However, the exchange between OS and AB is becoming interesting. I think AB is holding us up a bit by not putting pressure on people, although, conversely, his withholding information is also giving us a lot of material to read those who attack him. I'd like to put a pressure vote on him, but I'm not sure where the votes stand right now.
But. But you j-just. Okay, Nicholas1024 covers this at the bottom of the page.

Pages 4 and 5 coming up. I guess I'm skipping lunch today haha.

JTB

Live for the applause
Premium
OS, why are people voting you and who on your wagon is scummy?

:phone:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
What did you think of the vote / unvote stuff in his "request number whatever" post? Seems like we're divided between "fluff" and "strange". If you fit into either of these categories shouldn't that say something?
I'm not sure what you're referencing, nor what "fluff" and "strange" should say. Are you trying to imply I should have a stance on someone that is posting "strange" things or "fluff"?

OS, why are people voting you and who on your wagon is scummy?
Did you just ask me to tell you what other people are thinking? O_o

Besides the inanity of that request, the four people voting me at the last votecount:

3. Overswarm (4) JTB, Tery, Rajam, Boat

Rajam I've given a town read, Boat's been discussed as not having a strong read on them and my explanation as to why, Tery I've asked questions to and is giving statements now, and you've unvoted. So if you want me to call any of them "scummy", I don't really have the need to at the moment. If I had to shoot one I'd shoot either you or Boat though.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Nothing much until Red Ryu's chain of "not very effective" stuff. What do you think of the "fluff" vs. "strange" post of Inferno's? Overswarm vs. AB?

Ryker said:
RR, you editted the content of my post which is against the rules. I don't appreciate that. I'm gonna be painfully honest and say that I'm gonna do it again. I'm just not gonna think about it. When I do, DO NOT go removing it and replacing it with "*censor dodging image*" I'd recommend linking to the image. I don't want my name where it says editted by, so I'd appreciate it if you would change it.
Seriously, Ryker?

Nicholas1024 said:
If Ryker continues playing like he is now, would you agree his lynch is better than a no-lynch should we have no actively scummy option?
I'd be okay with that.

Overswarm said:
Giving Scum time to set up and create false pairings and the ability to blend in (notice how everyone started posting like idiots with pictures?) in exchange for light and playful banter is not a successful strategy in this setup. In addition to this, I already know how to read half the players in this game fairly well right off the bat; I don't need a "warm up" to their playstyles, and as those I know how to read are also the ones with more mafia experience... I found no reason for RVS to continue.
Oh. That actualy kinda makes sense the more I read that first line.
And because I forgot to do so in my last post. Unvote

And then the picture shenanigans continue. But of course.

Ryker said:
Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich
Wow. I'm disappointed, Ryker. Ugh.

I'm liking Overswarm and Nicholas.

Vote: Boatcouli

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Overswarm said:
I'm not sure what you're referencing, nor what "fluff" and "strange" should say.
Inferno made a post which was just an unvote, then vote, then unvote and along with a request to be called only as "Inferno" (the request is irrelevant) but some people regarded the unvote / vote stuff as mere "fluff" while others considered it "strange". I was asking which you fell under, if at all.

Overswarm said:
Are you trying to imply I should have a stance on someone that is posting "strange" things or "fluff"?
Nonono, I was asking what thought about it. Just because it's strange or a fluff post doesn't indicate anything about alignment or anything, if you know what I'm saying.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Talk about RVS
Do you find AB wanting to elongate RVS scummy?

@Everyone
If Ryker continues playing like he is now, would you agree his lynch is better than a no-lynch should we have no actively scummy option?
Right now I think he is a fine lynch target. He is not helping the town in any way and just posting tons of picture crap and fluff.

What did you want to say with this?
I wanted to say that my vote on Frozen wasn't serious and that I don't think he is scum atm.

Unvote Vote Boatchouli

That sort of opinion is very subjective. How and where do you draw the line?
General defensiveness is defending yourself within reason when someone makes a push or accusation on you. For example if I made a case on someone, I would expect that person to defend themselves because they are being accused.

Unneeded defense is either making a reaction to a minimal thing (like RR's reaction to Zen talking about his "posting restriction" in uPick pokemon) or posting a lot of defensive posts when you don't need to be defensive.

With Acrostic (as far as I remember) he voted for a confirmed townie, but then changed his vote after looking up what the innocent child role was on mafiascum (with the link to the site). He should've left it at that, but I saw a lot of posts from him trying to defend his mistake. To be fair, I replaced out of that game before D1 ended. I have no idea if how he played changed, his role, or anything about that game except for my own role and that there was a confirmed townie.
This is where I draw my line.

What's IGMEOY?
I got my eye on you. It's kind of like FoS from what I read on mafiascum.

Raziek - your thoughts on Tery?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I wanted to say that my vote on Frozen wasn't serious and that I don't think he is scum atm.
Okay fair enough.

Inferno3044 said:
This is where I draw my line.
My bad, I read that but forgot to edit my post out. How do you you determine when someone is playing "too defensive" though because that can be relegated because of a person's playstyle. (At least in my opinion anyway)

I agree with you on your thoughts about Ryker.

1. Inferno3044
2. JTB
3. Overswarm
4. Red Ryu
5. Circus
6. Analytical Buttheads (Gheb_01/adumbrodeus)

7. Rajam
8. Nicholas1024
9. Xatres
10. Terywj
11. Raziek
12. Boatchouli (Ryker/Moth)
13. Frozenflame751

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
RR, you editted the content of my post which is against the rules. I don't appreciate that. I'm gonna be painfully honest and say that I'm gonna do it again. I'm just not gonna think about it. When I do, DO NOT go removing it and replacing it with "*censor dodging image*" I'd recommend linking to the image. I don't want my name where it says editted by, so I'd appreciate it if you would change it.
I'm still gonna remove it because it is against site rules which are far more serious to break than the game rules.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
My bad, I read that but forgot to edit my post out. How do you you determine when someone is playing "too defensive" though because that can be relegated because of a person's playstyle. (At least in my opinion anyway)
It comes from the content that they are defending. If someone reacts heavily on RVS or a very minor or weak push I consider that being overdefensive.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Inferno made a post which was just an unvote, then vote, then unvote and along with a request to be called only as "Inferno" (the request is irrelevant) but some people regarded the unvote / vote stuff as mere "fluff" while others considered it "strange". I was asking which you fell under, if at all.

Nonono, I was asking what thought about it. Just because it's strange or a fluff post doesn't indicate anything about alignment or anything, if you know what I'm saying.
I don't really have an opinion on it, hasn't popped up on my radar.

Do you find AB wanting to elongate RVS scummy?
Not particularly; I consider it as a null tell. Might become a scum tell later depending on his play, especially if he's inactive as days go on.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
RVS is fine. Not having RVS is fine too. What's important is the context of RVS and how you use it; there are uses for both alignments, but which side gets the better deal depends on the kinds of players involved. Given this roster of players, the biggest threats as scum would be able to manipulate a prolonged RVS phase fairly easily and to decent effect; it's what I would do, and have done in the past. Go read some past games and you'll find the people initially accused immediately out of RVS will remain in a higher level of suspicion throughout the game unless they come out and claim doc or cop or something like that and can prove it. In this case, I'd imagine AButtheads will have a few eyes on him for a few phases... and I'm fine with that.

1. Inferno3044
2. JTB
3. Overswarm
4. Red Ryu
5. Circus
6. Analytical Buttheads (Gheb_01/adumbrodeus)
7. Rajam
8. Nicholas1024
9. Xatres
10. Terywj
11. Raziek
12. Boatchouli (Ryker/Moth)
13. Frozenflame751

The number of "followers" in this game might seem offset due to the "heavier" nature of people like Circus, Nich, and myself, but there are still more followers than anything else here, so much so that I bet it will remain as such for the entirety of the game.

Giving Scum time to set up and create false pairings and the ability to blend in (notice how everyone started posting like idiots with pictures?) in exchange for light and playful banter is not a successful strategy in this setup. In addition to this, I already know how to read half the players in this game fairly well right off the bat; I don't need a "warm up" to their playstyles, and as those I know how to read are also the ones with more mafia experience... I found no reason for RVS to continue.

Got a town read on Rajam, by the way.

Sounds fine to me. Win/win either way, and I don't think a late-blooming Ryker is worth the headache he'd cause early game anyway. I doubt it'll come to that though, there's been enough content early on to get a good headstart.
Ok so we got the people from both alignments using RvS like this, I didn't think scum gained much from it at all tbh.

So Ryker you want gone, what about Frozenflame and AB? Would they fall under a simular want to be gone or are you fine with them?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Wait.... why is are there 4 votes on OS?

He's obvious town, unvote now.
Quit stalling and pay attention, people have already unvoted me. I don't need you to convince people I'm town, I could convince everyone I'm scum and still not get lynched. Start posting actual content, starting with your thoughts on Terywj and Red Ryu.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Also, no OS. We are not doing bioware again. You can't pull that off with this playerlist, if enough people think you're scum YOU WILL DIE or at least be forced to claim. Rather then pulling these overwrought complex plans that fall apart under their own weight, go back to basics with your game.
This accomplishes what, with this game? I thought you had class, or are you not that busy at the moment?

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
Nothing much until Red Ryu's chain of "not very effective" stuff. What do you think of the "fluff" vs. "strange" post of Inferno's? Overswarm vs. AB?
Not sure on the fluff vs Strange, doesn't seem scummy with what Inferno posted.

OS vs AB? I think OS is town, AB not sure. Though OS is bringing up valid points about AB's playstyle in regards to activity.

Analytical Buttheads

adumbrodeus|Gheb_01
This accomplishes what, with this game? I thought you had class, or are you not that busy at the moment?
Snatching lulls to post obviously. I type of my notes a lot faster then most professors need to explain their slides.

I've got like 10 minutes till my next one which has no internet so I'll use what time I have to read.

This accomplishes what, with this game?
OS, you need an overwrought plan EVERY game. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it fails spectacularly, I'd prefer not to repeat your bioware performance.

Analytical Buttheads

adumbrodeus|Gheb_01
RR is leaning scum, two things that strike me are his willingness to stand up to ryker (even though it's not on a matter of reads, it still attracts a ton of attention), and the fact that he's very non-commital in general. I haven't seen a strong stance from him and the fact that he commented on two discussions and only gave one read out the players involved is wierd and smacks of his scumplay in HxH.

Tery seems to be trying to avoid attention at every turn, he's posted a list of reads but beyond that all that I see out of him are promises to contribute and excuses for why he didn't contribute. Scum

And I spent too long on this, late for class, toodles.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
OS, you need an overwrought plan EVERY game. Sometimes it works, and sometimes it fails spectacularly, I'd prefer not to repeat your bioware performance.
My Bioware performance was fine. We won, and it did what it accomplished to do.

Regardless, I'm still not sure what this accomplishes; my play is hardly suspect at this point while yours is. Perhaps you should worry more about your own playerslot for now?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Oh yeah because I feel obliged to contribute when Ryker and others are posting dumb **** every page.

Red Ryu, what else do you have to add?

Where's Raziek? I don't know most of the other players but I can't really see anything that helps.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
@Everyone
I'm generally comfortable lynching someone problematic if we have no definite reads, but hopefully it won't come to that.

Xatres, what's your Mafia experience? Maaaaan I am so lacking compared to everyone else here.
Not much, I'm afraid. Hydra'd with Dastrn in Oddworld mafia and garnered MvP. Played in FF6 Mafia, dropped out of another (can't remember which), and played in a newbie mafia over on mafiascum.

@AB: What's the deal with being so eager to defend OS? You two have been battling since RVP, and he only had 4 votes last votecount. We weren't exactly in danger of a mislynch, so the only benefit I can see of you defending him is to try garner yourself some town-points.

Top Bottom