• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman X: Day of Death. ~ EVERYBODY DIED. SCUM WINS. GAME OVER.

Analytical Buttheads

adumbrodeus|Gheb_01
Eh, RVS is gone now, nothing I can do about it anymore. Thanks folks.

Unvote, vote: Frozenflame

In answer to your question OS, being mostly passive and piggybacking off other's reveling is scummy. Silence not necessarily, which is why it's beneficial to give RVS time to develop naturally instead of ending it early.

Other people that had something of this were JTB and Ryker, both people I wanted more time to examine so I could get a good read, but what strikes me with FF is the sheer defensiveness he's had an the otherwise lack of initiative in his posts, beyond some slight initiative in the first post.

Nich is probably town, in spite of the fact that he is still doing that fake contributing habit cause somehow he picked up that saying useless things and asking useless questions to get out of RVS is pro-town. I can't fault him that much cause I used to do it though, and he's earnest with them.

Xartes and Raziek didn't have an RVS for all intents and purposes (one of the major reasons why I wanted more time).

I like inferno for town, his posts convey a newbieish understanding of mafia while attempting to put pressure and people and catch scum. Probably newbtown.

Already covered OS.

Unsure of RR and Rajam atm.

@OS: I have a question, what do you think my alignment is?

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Gova is now offfically a co-moderator!

please welcome him with a smiling face, as he shall too.

every.
single.
votecount.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
once again, i apologize for the lack of votecounts, your mod does not have a computer to access.

gova does though, he's in charge.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I'm happy that AB is finally contributing. I'm not sure about his alignment atm but from seeing Gheb in uPick I think they will help contribute. Also I'm assuming Gheb is good at mafia because I was told he gets NK'd early a lot.

Now if only we can get Ryker to start contributing.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
What do you think of Inferno?
I've had a couple of IGMEOY moments, but not much more than that yet. Something about him you're specifically curious about?

Welcoming accusations that passive play is scummy (it happens every game I play)...
Then I'll make a point of not doing that. Good to know that you're aware of how your play is perceived though, and that you're choosing not to adjust it.

I'm happy that AB is finally contributing. I'm not sure about his alignment atm but from seeing Gheb in uPick I think they will help contribute. Also I'm assuming Gheb is good at mafia because I was told he gets NK'd early a lot.
@The bolded: Who told you that?

Also, if you want Ryker (or anyone) to contribute in any specific way, then you should probably, like, ask him a question or something. Not that there's any guarantee that he won't just respond to you with an eyerolling gif.

Okay how do you disable images on Google Chrome? Will make reading this more manageable.
Are you going to play this game for real or just comment on it to look like you're in it?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Oh, right, you're a mod. :awesome:

I don't find OS' hatred of RVS scummy, if that's what you're asking. I have no idea what his problem with it is, and he's being a bit of a buzzkill, but it's nothing I wouldn't expect from OS based on the limited amount of play I've seen from him in other games.

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
RR, you editted the content of my post which is against the rules. I don't appreciate that. I'm gonna be painfully honest and say that I'm gonna do it again. I'm just not gonna think about it. When I do, DO NOT go removing it and replacing it with "*censor dodging image*" I'd recommend linking to the image. I don't want my name where it says editted by, so I'd appreciate it if you would change it.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
@The bolded: Who told you that?
He had good and correct reads in uPick like the ryker scum, died N1 saying "How original. Gheb is the N1 kill" and I think I've heard it from other people on the boards.

Also, if you want Ryker (or anyone) to contribute in any specific way, then you should probably, like, ask him a question or something. Not that there's any guarantee that he won't just respond to you with an eyerolling gif.
That's a good idea. Ryker, what do you think about what's going on between OS and AB?

@OS - Do you typically dislike RVS? If so, why?
@AB- Why are you voting frozen?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
RR, you editted the content of my post which is against the rules. I don't appreciate that. I'm gonna be painfully honest and say that I'm gonna do it again. I'm just not gonna think about it. When I do, DO NOT go removing it and replacing it with "*censor dodging image*" I'd recommend linking to the image. I don't want my name where it says editted by, so I'd appreciate it if you would change it.
Ryker's longest post this game, and it's complaining about a mod enforcing the rules and mentioning he'll break them again in the future. :glare:

@Frozen
I'm not convinced regarding AB's alignment yet, but he does have a point regarding you (IIRC I noted your vote being odd at the time.) Do you have any thoughts on AB/Inferno/Ryker?

@Circus
I've been trying to get discussion going, get people's thoughts on various players that have stood out in one way or another.

@Everyone
If Ryker continues playing like he is now, would you agree his lynch is better than a no-lynch should we have no actively scummy option?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
RVS is fine. Not having RVS is fine too. What's important is the context of RVS and how you use it; there are uses for both alignments, but which side gets the better deal depends on the kinds of players involved. Given this roster of players, the biggest threats as scum would be able to manipulate a prolonged RVS phase fairly easily and to decent effect; it's what I would do, and have done in the past. Go read some past games and you'll find the people initially accused immediately out of RVS will remain in a higher level of suspicion throughout the game unless they come out and claim doc or cop or something like that and can prove it. In this case, I'd imagine AButtheads will have a few eyes on him for a few phases... and I'm fine with that.

1. Inferno3044
2. JTB
3. Overswarm
4. Red Ryu
5. Circus
6. Analytical Buttheads (Gheb_01/adumbrodeus)
7. Rajam
8. Nicholas1024
9. Xatres
10. Terywj
11. Raziek
12. Boatchouli (Ryker/Moth)
13. Frozenflame751

The number of "followers" in this game might seem offset due to the "heavier" nature of people like Circus, Nich, and myself, but there are still more followers than anything else here, so much so that I bet it will remain as such for the entirety of the game.

Giving Scum time to set up and create false pairings and the ability to blend in (notice how everyone started posting like idiots with pictures?) in exchange for light and playful banter is not a successful strategy in this setup. In addition to this, I already know how to read half the players in this game fairly well right off the bat; I don't need a "warm up" to their playstyles, and as those I know how to read are also the ones with more mafia experience... I found no reason for RVS to continue.

Got a town read on Rajam, by the way.

@Everyone
If Ryker continues playing like he is now, would you agree his lynch is better than a no-lynch should we have no actively scummy option?
Sounds fine to me. Win/win either way, and I don't think a late-blooming Ryker is worth the headache he'd cause early game anyway. I doubt it'll come to that though, there's been enough content early on to get a good headstart.

Boatchouli

Smash Rookie
Ryker's longest post this game, and it's complaining about a mod enforcing the rules and mentioning he'll break them again in the future. :glare:

@Everyone

Unvote Vote Nich

Boatchouli

Smash Rookie
Forgive Ryker, he's being an idiot as usual.

But besides that he's right. I'M right. And Nich you are very, very wrong.
If you honestly think there's no better lynch candidate than ME? ME!!?!? At ANY point in the game you must be sorely mistaken, you bumbling imbecile.

Boatchouli

Smash Rookie

If you honestly think there's no better lynch candidate than ME? ME!!?!? At ANY point in the game you must be sorely mistaken, you bumbling imbecile.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Reread my post please, Moth. I'm not advocating your slot for a lynch yet, just noting that if Ryker continues in his usual uselessly scummy play then getting rid of him would be better than a no-lynch as it removes a question mark that we can't expect to actually do anything useful.

So long as you're here, would you care to give us some opinions on Frozenflame, AB, and Inferno? I'd like to get some content out of your slot if possible.

@Ryker
And here I thought I'd never see you play worse than Time Travelers...

#HBC | Ryker

Netplay Monstrosity
BRoomer
I'd like to get some content out of your slot if possible.

@Ryker
And here I thought I'd never see you play worse than Time Travelers...

Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich

Boatchouli

Smash Rookie

Reread my post please, Moth. I'm not advocating your slot for a lynch yet, just noting that if Ryker continues in his usual uselessly scummy play then getting rid of him would be better than a no-lynch as it removes a question mark that we can't expect to actually do anything useful.
See bolded, you fool.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Now I'm getting flashbacks to FFIX mafia, when the Ryker/WL hydra used fake math talk and images to fake contribution for a good long while. Noted.

@Moth
Are you going to answer the questions I posed about various players?

Boatchouli

Smash Rookie
Now I'm getting flashbacks to FFIX mafia, when the Ryker/WL hydra used fake math talk and images to fake contribution for a good long while. Noted.
Point to where. No one ever questioned AM on what they meant in regards to specific posts. The one or two times it was mentioned, it was quickly cleared up. No, that's a recurring theme with that hydra that will occur again.

Now you're saying there is a complete lack of content when there is obviously not. And I really am ****ing tired of these mother ****ing snakes in my mother ****ing boots.

Scum team is Nich, OS, and AB. Calling it.

Boatchouli

Smash Rookie
Point to where. No one ever questioned AM on what they meant in regards to specific posts. The one or two times it was mentioned, it was quickly cleared up. No, that's a recurring theme with that hydra that will occur again.

Now you're saying there is a complete lack of content when there is obviously not. And I really am ****ing tired of these mother ****ing snakes in my mother ****ing boots.

Scum team is Nich, OS, and AB. Calling it.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Point to where that hydra did the same as town if you want to maintain that argument, else be quiet.

The similarity is stylistic, by Ryker disguising his posts with math talk/pictures, they become rather difficult to argue with, especially when a request for clarification/content is met with another picture/more insults.

And I'm pressing because I want to make sure you answer my questions, as you've posted again but did not do so. For example, you just called AB/me/OS scum, but had no reasoning.

Additionally, you/Ryker seem a bit antsy, what with your shot at me and Ryker with his vote/unvote wall. Someone is emotional here, but it's not me.

Top Bottom