• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman X: Day of Death. ~ EVERYBODY DIED. SCUM WINS. GAME OVER.

Analytical Buttheads

adumbrodeus|Gheb_01
Would you say it's anti-town to try to bring attention to someone just for kicks, when you know nothing of their alignment?
Serious moment:

It's anti-town NOT to revel in RVS, which includes bringing attention to pretty much anyone that suits your fancy.

Also, that's how you get an idea of people's alignment, so I'm happy with gleaning a town read out of you.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Serious moment:

It's anti-town NOT to revel in RVS, which includes bringing attention to pretty much anyone that suits your fancy.

Also, that's how you get an idea of people's alignment, so I'm happy with gleaning a town read out of you.
I had similar thoughts.

What do you think about those that piggy-back on other people's "reveling", rather than responding to such against them or making their own path, and remain mostly silent otherwise?

vote: Circus

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
@Mod: Just screwing with text color. Won't happen again.

@Everyone: When did decisive games turn into a 4chan board? Good grief...

Analytical Buttheads

adumbrodeus|Gheb_01
I had similar thoughts.

What do you think about those that piggy-back on other people's "reveling", rather than responding to such against them or making their own path, and remain mostly silent otherwise?

vote: Circus
Would prefer not to say yet, still too much to glean and not particularly interested in making people I'm on to aware of the fact if I am on to them.

Also...

Stop ruining the party man, like chill brah. Toast some walrus.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Has it really been that long? I think that was the first game we ever played together. We also got steamrolled in that game, so let's not do that again.
IIRC that was the only game we played together and my first time I actually played mafia. (I'm still a bit sad about Hando AND Xsyven ending up indy. :glare: )

What do you think of Inferno?

@Overswarm
Same for you, opinion on Inferno?

@Xatres/Ryker
Anything notable to add?

Inferno3044

Smash Master
What logic? I asked a question, not a statement.
The reason I stated it was because I thought you were thinking that putting attention without having any idea of alignment was considered scummy. I read your post immediately after and understood that you think differently.

@AB - Any thoughts on Red Ryu?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Would prefer not to say yet, still too much to glean and not particularly interested in making people I'm on to aware of the fact if I am on to them.
Don't care. What's your answer?

@Overswarm
Dunno.

The reason I stated it was because I thought you were thinking that putting attention without having any idea of alignment was considered scummy. I read your post immediately after and understood that you think differently.
Howso? Would it matter if I didn't?

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I initially took it as you being a little too defensive with your reaction to AB messing with you. When you replied to how he answered that post was made clearer to me.

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
@Nick: No opinion on inferno as of yet. Also, no definite opinion on anyone. Still observing. That's how I roll.

Welcoming accusations that passive play is scummy (it happens every game I play)...

Overswarm

is laughing at you
No.

sit down, enjoy the ride.
vote: analytical Buttheads

I know how both your slots play. Answer questions asked to you. You and I both know you've given off more than enough information about the one person we're both discussing (could be more, but they are a stretch and wouldn't account for you "holding back"), and it's not enough to even make a solid read. Their future actions are irrelevant to any possible conclusions that you can reach when adjoined with that tiny piece of data; the only thing they can do is compound upon themselves which changes nothing when it comes to appropriate responses. You don't have to use names if you want, but I don't think even Ryker is foolish enough to believe that how he feels the game should be played is how other people in this game will play merely because that's what he likes to see. Regardless, that'd actually be MORE of a tell than what we're looking for.

So cut the crap. What's your answer?

I initially took it as you being a little too defensive with your reaction to AB messing with you. When you replied to how he answered that post was made clearer to me.
Do you think being defensive is scummy? If so, under what conditions is it not?

Nich said:
@Overswarm
Same as you if we're on the same page, but I'm not too worried about scraping the well dry yet. I'm not as familiar with his playstyle, so the undue confidence might be natural or derived from ignorance.

#HBC | ѕoup

The world is not beautiful, therefore it is.
Please remind when you would like vote-counts, i'm going to be lazy about these and would like if a co-mod could help.

if you (yes you) would like to be a co-mod and do vote counts while i'm away, please PM me.

Analytical Buttheads

adumbrodeus|Gheb_01
... OS, it should be very obvious that there's more then one person I have my eye on, and committing to a view means that other scum won't fall into it if it's scummy, or if it's a towntell scum can adopt to it. Also committing to it makes it more difficult for me to give them enough rope to hang themselves later.

I know you like your plans, but patience.

And stop trying to push an end to rvs so quickly.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
Do you think being defensive is scummy? If so, under what conditions is it not?
General defensiveness no. Unneeded defensive to an extent. You seemed to me a little defensive regarding AB's posts about you and I thought it was unneeded. But it's one post and even that I found out your reasoning behind it. I hope this is much more clear.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Same as you if we're on the same page
I chuckled, simply because this is true by definition.

@AB
Do you really think your influence on this game is so great that scum will adjust their behavior only based on what you think? Additionally, you could use a gambit (pushing a non-tell or weak tell for instance) to get reactions. I just don't see why you're sitting back and going "I've got my eye on people, not going to push anything just yet."

@Xatres
No opinions on anything at all? I know there's not too terribly much content just yet, but not one thing from the seven pages so far strikes you as noteworthy?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Inferno

I want you to clarify the difference between general defensiveness and unneeded defensiveness. In FFIX mafia you were on Acrostic for being very defensive, and I want to know where you draw the line.

Analytical Buttheads

adumbrodeus|Gheb_01
@AB
Do you really think your influence on this game is so great that scum will adjust their behavior only based on what you think? Additionally, you could use a gambit (pushing a non-tell or weak tell for instance) to get reactions. I just don't see why you're sitting back and going "I've got my eye on people, not going to push anything just yet."
... duh

Scum adjusts their behavior to manipulate even weak players. Try to avoid something that I explicitly note as a tell. Hell yea.

Of course at this point, the best I can hope is scum adjusting their behavior based on what they perceive my views are, which is still something.

Inferno3044

Smash Master
@Inferno

I want you to clarify the difference between general defensiveness and unneeded defensiveness. In FFIX mafia you were on Acrostic for being very defensive, and I want to know where you draw the line.
General defensiveness is defending yourself within reason when someone makes a push or accusation on you. For example if I made a case on someone, I would expect that person to defend themselves because they are being accused.

Unneeded defense is either making a reaction to a minimal thing (like RR's reaction to Zen talking about his "posting restriction" in uPick pokemon) or posting a lot of defensive posts when you don't need to be defensive.

With Acrostic (as far as I remember) he voted for a confirmed townie, but then changed his vote after looking up what the innocent child role was on mafiascum (with the link to the site). He should've left it at that, but I saw a lot of posts from him trying to defend his mistake. To be fair, I replaced out of that game before D1 ended. I have no idea if how he played changed, his role, or anything about that game except for my own role and that there was a confirmed townie.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
... OS, it should be very obvious that there's more then one person I have my eye on, and committing to a view means that other scum won't fall into it if it's scummy, or if it's a towntell scum can adopt to it. Also committing to it makes it more difficult for me to give them enough rope to hang themselves later.

I know you like your plans, but patience.
You don't know me at all, nor have you ever. I humor you because it makes you easier to read; vaguely hinting at any sort of plan or "obvious knowledge" makes you feel you need to be on even ground with me, and it's easy to slip up when you've got such an irrational response to such vague and pointless stimuli.

More than one person you have an eye on, though? That I understand. But not for the reasons I posted earlier. There's only one person who fits into that category, really... and it's a very weak thing to notice to boot. Important enough to make you lean and squint your eyes and watch further down the line, but also unimportant enough to where you can forget it completely the moment something changes. I don't believe you "have your eye on" anyone, at least not in particular, and I believe even less you know the person who I'm referring to.

And again, no good scum player would adapt to so straightforward a post. That itself is a stronger tell than doing the action in the first place, meaning that in the worst possible scenario you end up exactly where you started. You're holding back because you're afraid of giving concrete stances on things you don't have fully formed, not because of the answer, and that's not a good reason to not respond.

So again, answer. You're not good enough to "withhold information" with so little on the line, especially when you're tripping over yourself trying to make it look like you know what you're doing.

overswarm said:
This is hardly a dangerous question.

And stop trying to push an end to rvs so quickly.
RVS ended the moment I signed up.

Analytical Buttheads

adumbrodeus|Gheb_01
You don't know me at all, nor have you ever. I humor you because it makes you easier to read; vaguely hinting at any sort of plan or "obvious knowledge" makes you feel you need to be on even ground with me, and it's easy to slip up when you've got such an irrational response to such vague and pointless stimuli.

More than one person you have an eye on, though? That I understand. But not for the reasons I posted earlier. There's only one person who fits into that category, really... and it's a very weak thing to notice to boot. Important enough to make you lean and squint your eyes and watch further down the line, but also unimportant enough to where you can forget it completely the moment something changes. I don't believe you "have your eye on" anyone, at least not in particular, and I believe even less you know the person who I'm referring to.

And again, no good scum player would adapt to so straightforward a post. That itself is a stronger tell than doing the action in the first place, meaning that in the worst possible scenario you end up exactly where you started. You're holding back because you're afraid of giving concrete stances on things you don't have fully formed, not because of the answer, and that's not a good reason to not respond.

So again, answer. You're not good enough to "withhold information" with so little on the line, especially when you're tripping over yourself trying to make it look like you know what you're doing.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
General defensiveness is defending yourself within reason when someone makes a push or accusation on you. For example if I made a case on someone, I would expect that person to defend themselves because they are being accused.

Unneeded defense is either making a reaction to a minimal thing (like RR's reaction to Zen talking about his "posting restriction" in uPick pokemon) or posting a lot of defensive posts when you don't need to be defensive.

With Acrostic (as far as I remember) he voted for a confirmed townie, but then changed his vote after looking up what the innocent child role was on mafiascum (with the link to the site). He should've left it at that, but I saw a lot of posts from him trying to defend his mistake. To be fair, I replaced out of that game before D1 ended. I have no idea if how he played changed, his role, or anything about that game except for my own role and that there was a confirmed townie.
Fair enough, that seems to be consistent with your actions. (And as a side note you had 10 posts in FFIX mafia, I checked.)

On a completely different topic...

Vote: AB

OS has got a point, in that the worst things so far (outside of AB's play, I mean stuff like Inferno being a bit fluffy, Frozenflame asking me about his vote), don't really merit more than an IGMEOY, and the benefit of the pressure you'd get from asking about it would far outweigh the risk of people avoiding said minor tells.

@OS
Thoughts on Ryker? His picture posting and dodging questions really annoys me, as I know he does it as town (or scum) and it gives me more or less nothing to read.

@Ryker
Are you going to give town anything to work with, or are we going to have to drag it out of you Time Travelers style?

Boatchouli

Smash Rookie

Unvote Vote AB

@OS
Thoughts on Ryker? His picture posting and dodging questions really annoys me, as I know he does it as town (or scum) and it gives me more or less nothing to read.

@Ryker
Are you going to give town anything to work with, or are we going to have to drag it out of you Time Travelers style?
*Censor dodging image* It's Woody from Toy Story saying "I have had it with these mother****ing snakes in my mother****ing boots"
lol sold2 wuz here.
~ Red Ruy

Xatres

BRoomer
BRoomer
NNID
Xatres17
@Nick: At the time of my posting, I didn't have any firm readings on anyone. However, the exchange between OS and AB is becoming interesting. I think AB is holding us up a bit by not putting pressure on people, although, conversely, his withholding information is also giving us a lot of material to read those who attack him. I'd like to put a pressure vote on him, but I'm not sure where the votes stand right now.

@Mod: Request votecount

Overswarm

is laughing at you
@OS

Woops. Wrong tags. How did I ever do that.

Ryker won't be of much help but eventually he'll feel he's got something and it'll be evident then. I'd just play it slower with him, since he'd be an easy mislynch if he's just being stupid town. If he continues to be dead weight when things get more serious his lynch will be just as easy there, but we'll have more to go off of to get an idea of his alignment rather than the shot in the dark we have now.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Nick: At the time of my posting, I didn't have any firm readings on anyone. However, the exchange between OS and AB is becoming interesting. I think AB is holding us up a bit by not putting pressure on people, although, conversely, his withholding information is also giving us a lot of material to read those who attack him. I'd like to put a pressure vote on him, but I'm not sure where the votes stand right now.

@Mod: Request votecount
Just a quick note: Saying that a vote is a pressure vote is generally a bad idea. Trust me on this one. (Insert Time Travelers reference)

Top Bottom