• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Megaman X: Day of Death. ~ EVERYBODY DIED. SCUM WINS. GAME OVER.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Looks like someone's afraid of my scum game.
mmm I kinda got stuck watching this response over and over again. OS could you tell why did you put this? (again please if it comes to it)

@Rajam only
Do you think Inferno is suspicious for said fluff?
No.

That's me. Herpderp. Anyway. I guess I'll reread after I relieve my horrid headache after Applied Calculus. Who could have thought something so easy would give you a headache.
Why did you post if you had nothing to contribute? You also weren't at "risk" of being prodded... something's not right here...

Analytical Buttheads

adumbrodeus|Gheb_01
My Bioware performance was fine. We won, and it did what it accomplished to do.
Ha ha, you're really funny. Your complex attempts to pass on your reads and obscutiating your night actions resulted in us thinking you had recruited scum.

Stop spiderwebbing as town and go back to basics. Seriously.

@AB: What's the deal with being so eager to defend OS? You two have been battling since RVP, and he only had 4 votes last votecount. We weren't exactly in danger of a mislynch, so the only benefit I can see of you defending him is to try garner yourself some town-points.
Because he's obvious-town and is or at least was being heavily wagoned without any good reason whatsoever.

The fact that he generally likes being a **** and loves spinning webs regardless of alignment means that being at this level makes him pretty easy to mislynch and I have no desire to let that happen.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Because he's obvious-town and is or at least was being heavily wagoned without any good reason whatsoever.

The fact that he generally likes being a **** and loves spinning webs regardless of alignment means that being at this level makes him pretty easy to mislynch and I have no desire to let that happen.
The only game I can remember being mislynched was mario kart, and that was due to people not knowing what a hypothetical example was, and even then I was able to use that to catch scum and clear my partner =P

mmm I kinda got stuck watching this response over and over again. OS could you tell why did you put this? (again please if it comes to it)
Why else would someone take all the trouble of creating a picture and starting a baseless wagon in RVS on me? You want to understand what you fear, and it was obviously important to them to discover my alignment.

Gova

I'm goin' for it!
NNID
Takicodos
1. Inferno3044 ()
2. JTB ()
3. Overswarm (2) Rajam, Boat
4. Red Ryu ()
5. Circus ()
6. Analytical Buttheads (2) OS, Nich
7. Rajam ()
8. Nicholas1024
9. Xatres (1) Circus
10. Terywj ()
11. Raziek ()
12. Boatchouli (4) FF, AB, Tery, Inferno
13. Frozenflame751 (1) RR
Not voting - JTB, Raziek, Xatres

With 13 playing, it takes 7 to lynch!

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
Why did you post if you had nothing to contribute? You also weren't at "risk" of being prodded... something's not right here...
This is how I play Mafia, where I would like to keep myself and everyone else updated. Maybe you should read the rest of the posts? I'm not sure what you're getting at.

Rajam

Smash Champion
Why else would someone take all the trouble of creating a picture and starting a baseless wagon in RVS on me? You want to understand what you fear, and it was obviously important to them to discover my alignment.
That response half-convinces me, and half-not. You're just explaining the motives of AB with the picture, which I got before, and then in an implicit way you explain your motives with your post: the "callout": don't put a target on me just because you're afraid of me. that's the half that's ok. But then, there should be an evaluation: is that a legit town concern towards me, or is it just scum-AB trying to paint a target on me? You seemed to skip this part, because your response was pretty one-sided in the assumption that it was a legit town concern towards you,

Looks like someone's afraid of my scum game.
and then again, only Mafia knows who is and isn't Mafia... it's a sort of a freudian slip as I see it

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Ugh, feel like I have a hundred things I want to say. Posts incoming.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
That response half-convinces me, and half-not. You're just explaining the motives of AB with the picture, which I got before, and then in an implicit way you explain your motives with your post: the "callout": don't put a target on me just because you're afraid of me. that's the half that's ok. But then, there should be an evaluation: is that a legit town concern towards me, or is it just scum-AB trying to paint a target on me? You seemed to skip this part, because your response was pretty one-sided in the assumption that it was a legit town concern towards you,

and then again, only Mafia knows who is and isn't Mafia... it's a sort of a freudian slip as I see it
You do understand the concept of reads, don't you? I claimed a town read on you earlier; only Mafia knows who is and isn't Mafia. Does calling you town make me mafia?

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
@Circus
I've been trying to get discussion going, get people's thoughts on various players that have stood out in one way or another.
So, to be clear, you do or do not have some strong suspicion toward Inferno?

@Everyone
If Ryker continues playing like he is now, would you agree his lynch is better than a no-lynch should we have no actively scummy option?
I would consider basically anyone a better lynch than a no lynch. Though I'm going to tell you right now that you trying to set-up Ryker as the default fallback lynch this early in the game, based on pretty much nothing, is not rubbing me the right way about you at all. There are plenty of people I would have no problem falling back on before Ryker, and he would be a good choice for scum to try and get rid of early if he's town. If he's still alive by D3, then we can talk about lynching him. But until then, he's not the kind of person I just want to throw away on D1 if we don't someone better. We'll find someone better. I know you and Ryker have some out-of-game beef or something, and I'm hoping that's not what is informing your opinion of him here.

Circus, what do you think of JTB?
I think I want him to start playing soon, because I didn't even note that he was in this game until just recently.

I do not share your town read on Rajam. Can you point to what it is that gives you that read?

OS, why are people voting you and who on your wagon is scummy?

:phone:
What kind of question is this? Weirdest form of buddying I think I've ever seen.

Wait.... why is are there 4 votes on OS?

He's obvious town, unvote now, there are much better places to place our attention and I have no desire to see him picked as a default lynch toDay.
If there's scum between AB and OS, it's AB. The headbutting those two were doing earlier just looked like ego v. ego to me, but this random buddying from AB afterward feels really grimey.

At least one person on this wagon is being opportunistic.

Vote: Inferno

Tery can die. But that's a job for a vig, if anyone, the way I see it right now.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
There are plenty of people I would have no problem falling back on before Ryker, and he would be a good choice for scum to try and get rid of early if he's town.
Uh... why? I'd leave him in all game as scum because by the end of the game he's an almost guaranteed lynch.

I do not share your town read on Rajam. Can you point to what it is that gives you that read?
Circus, you are invited to my wolf pack for now.

Here's why:

rajam said:
So... you basically confirm AB is not mafia?

Only Mafia knows who is and who isn't Mafia

=> vote: Overswarm
rajam said:
rajam said:
Everything above is pretty silly; I doubt any scum team would say "We've got Overswarm now, push him Rajam", nor would they allow a scummate to stick their neck out like that. Pushing a bad lynch on something like that is dangerous and brings attention to you; it might be worthwhile if a scummate is trying to get Rajam to bring my attention towards him so I don't go down the right path, but that'd really only leave AButthead and you Circus, as you're the one asking about it and AB is the only one I could be even remotely pushing against, and I haven't done much to him in the first place and nothing at all to you. So... no motive.

Unless the entire scum team is bad, that's a possibility. The fact that Rajam has brought this up multiple times confirms it for me; plus I've seen him start mafia from the getgo and watched him grow as a player, and have read all his games save for Death Note (ironically, I never read the game or played in it in the BBR, but can't join it here XD), and this is the kind of thing Rajam will do as town. Minor things that seem concrete are more important to him than major things that are just vapor and assumptions, and this fits with that mindset. So, town read. It's not a "forever town" by any means, but enough to where I can look over him for toDay and focus elsewhere.

Plus, you questioned him about it pretty fast and then both of you kind of ignored each other, which implies you aren't on a scum team together, or at least don't have a plan. That's important too, you know.

Circus, before you can join my wolf pack for realz:

circus said:
I don't find OS' hatred of RVS scummy, if that's what you're asking. I have no idea what his problem with it is, and he's being a bit of a buzzkill, but it's nothing I wouldn't expect from OS based on the limited amount of play I've seen from him in other games.
What games have you seen me play, and what alignment was I?

Also, why is it that "at least one of those players is opportunistic"? At one point I also had 4 votes on myself, and AB had two votes on him, all close together. What separates them?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
So, to be clear, you do or do not have some strong suspicion toward Inferno?
Slight suspicion, but nothing major.

I would consider basically anyone a better lynch than a no lynch. Though I'm going to tell you right now that you trying to set-up Ryker as the default fallback lynch this early in the game, based on pretty much nothing, is not rubbing me the right way about you at all. There are plenty of people I would have no problem falling back on before Ryker, and he would be a good choice for scum to try and get rid of early if he's town. If he's still alive by D3, then we can talk about lynching him. But until then, he's not the kind of person I just want to throw away on D1 if we don't someone better. We'll find someone better. I know you and Ryker have some out-of-game beef or something, and I'm hoping that's not what is informing your opinion of him here.
Let's just say I don't think he's likely to start contributing with anything aside from lolpics and "VOTE NICH UNVOTE VOTE NICH" any time soon, he's basically an inactive that is guaranteed to remain inactive. So yeah, if we don't get someone actively scummy (which I'm not too worried about), he'd be my first fallback lynch choice.

*snip*
What kind of question is this? Weirdest form of buddying I think I've ever seen.
Huh? That did not seem like buddying to me, explain yourself.

If there's scum between AB and OS, it's AB. The headbutting those two were doing earlier just looked like ego v. ego to me, but this random buddying from AB afterward feels really grimey.
I agree with this, AB's post there felt pretty bad, since OS was in no danger of a lynch. I'd be cautious with a town read on OS though... *cough* FE *cough*.

At least one person on this wagon is being opportunistic.

Tery can die. But that's a job for a vig, if anyone, the way I see it right now.
I take it you think their play is just Ryker being Ryker? What did you think about how emotional they seemed when I was asking a few questions?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
How did it not? It was plain touch-n-go. Completely pointless interaction that is only townie on a surface level. Sorry to butt in and answer the question for Circus, but that seems pretty straightforward.

I agree with this, AB's post there felt pretty bad, since OS was in no danger of a lynch. I'd be cautious with a town read on OS though... *cough* FE *cough*.
I've decided to take a more aggressive approach this game, so I don't think I'll live long enough for you to fear me manipulating people again :p

Can you reference the "emotional parts" of Ryker's hydra? I don't have 'em in my head.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Here you go, OS.

Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich Unvote Vote Nich
That's about all from Ryker, here's his hydra partner.

Forgive Ryker, he's being an idiot as usual.

But besides that he's right. I'M right. And Nich you are very, very wrong.
If you honestly think there's no better lynch candidate than ME? ME!!?!? At ANY point in the game you must be sorely mistaken, you bumbling imbecile.
Antagonistic, isn't he?

See bolded, you fool.
Yes I will. What's the hurry?

You nervous I'm gonna out you as scum?
Make that VERY antagonistic.

Point to where. No one ever questioned AM on what they meant in regards to specific posts. The one or two times it was mentioned, it was quickly cleared up. No, that's a recurring theme with that hydra that will occur again.

Now you're saying there is a complete lack of content when there is obviously not. And I really am ****ing tired of these mother ****ing snakes in my mother ****ing boots.

Scum team is Nich, OS, and AB. Calling it.
I almost don't even need to comment. I don't know any meta on this guy, but considering how early it is in the game and how light my attack was (particularly compared to how hard I can go), he seems rather uptight.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I'm gonna go out on a limb and say his reactions were on purpose. That wasn't a breakdown, that was a planned response. Whether for lulz, reads, or manipulation I don't know, but I don't really care either.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Uh... why? I'd leave him in all game as scum because by the end of the game he's an almost guaranteed lynch.
I guess I have a higher opinion of him than you do. If I were scum and Ryker wasn't on my team, I would want him gone before he had a chance to sniff me out. Because I would expect him to do so. In fact, I pretty much tried to do exactly that in Super Heroes, as I'm sure you're intimately aware. I kept thinking I could use his abrasiveness against him to get him lynched so I wouldn't have to deal with him pointing fingers at me all game long.

Circus, you are invited to my wolf pack for now.

Here's why:

Everything above is pretty silly; I doubt any scum team would say "We've got Overswarm now, push him Rajam", nor would they allow a scummate to stick their neck out like that. Pushing a bad lynch on something like that is dangerous and brings attention to you; it might be worthwhile if a scummate is trying to get Rajam to bring my attention towards him so I don't go down the right path, but that'd really only leave AButthead and you Circus, as you're the one asking about it and AB is the only one I could be even remotely pushing against, and I haven't done much to him in the first place and nothing at all to you. So... no motive.

Unless the entire scum team is bad, that's a possibility. The fact that Rajam has brought this up multiple times confirms it for me; plus I've seen him start mafia from the getgo and watched him grow as a player, and have read all his games save for Death Note (ironically, I never read the game or played in it in the BBR, but can't join it here XD), and this is the kind of thing Rajam will do as town. Minor things that seem concrete are more important to him than major things that are just vapor and assumptions, and this fits with that mindset. So, town read. It's not a "forever town" by any means, but enough to where I can look over him for toDay and focus elsewhere.
You seem to have better meta on him than I do (which makes sense; I basically have none). I don't consider the idea that the entire scum team is bad all that unlikely, and the way Rajam is reaching for the point you're highlighting specifically rings insincere to me. I tend not to give much weight to "scummates wouldn't let so-and-so do that" logic anyway.

Plus, you questioned him about it pretty fast and then both of you kind of ignored each other, which implies you aren't on a scum team together, or at least don't have a plan. That's important too, you know.
For accuracy's sake, I wasn't ignoring him as much as I was waiting for him to come back to the thread to see if he would respond to me before getting too hopped up on what I've been seeing from him. I've had my eye on him since his first post directed at me.

Circus, before you can join my wolf pack for realz:

What games have you seen me play, and what alignment was I?
Mostly Royal Sleepover. You were town there. I've skimmed games that may have had you in them that aren't sticking in my memory, but Sleepover's my biggest reference point because I actually had to read that game when I replaced in. It seemed like you didn't like RVS there either.

Also, why is it that "at least one of those players is opportunistic"? At one point I also had 4 votes on myself, and AB had two votes on him, all close together. What separates them?
I attribute your initial wagon almost entirely to people being in RVS mode. The Boat wagon seems to have formed very suddenly, and with no reason given that I find worthwhile. It's possible that there were also opportunistic people on your wagon, but Boat's feels more telling. Four people are on that wagon, and they all seem to think they have a decent reason to be there, and none of them do.

Circus

Rhymes with Jerkus
BRoomer
Let's just say I don't think he's likely to start contributing with anything aside from lolpics and "VOTE NICH UNVOTE VOTE NICH" any time soon, he's basically an inactive that is guaranteed to remain inactive. So yeah, if we don't get someone actively scummy (which I'm not too worried about), he'd be my first fallback lynch choice.
Why not JTB or Xartes or Tery or *glances at player list* Raziek (he's in this game?) if that's the case? So far, I would assume all of them to be similarly useless this game. But I also wouldn't really consider any of them a threat to scum, where as Ryker could be. That's why this is bothering me. Would you not consider Rykertown to be an asset if we have him?

He unvoted Overswarm and then basically asked "Who do you hate the most on your wagon, OS? I'll take 'em down with ya!" Looks like he's trying to get on OS' good side but doesn't know how to do it in a way that looks natural.

I didn't read FE, but I'll keep it in mind. I wouldn't say that I have an active town read on OS yet, but I have leaning scum reads on multiple players who have interacted with him that make me feel okay with him for now.

I take it you think their play is just Ryker being Ryker? What did you think about how emotional they seemed when I was asking a few questions?
Yes, I think Ryker's just being Ryker. He's always antagonistic; it's not a scumtell. I know nothing about Moth. I may be projecting too much, but I consider attacks on things like Ryker's pic posting and "emotional" responses and antagonistic style to be fishy, because they remind me of myself in Super Heroes. It doesn't take much effort to point at a player with a playstyle that people don't like and try to turn town against them purely on that basis. All the better if it's a player that is good at finding scum. And then, when he's dead, you can just say "well, we're better off without having to worry about him anyway."

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
@Circus
That comes down to one simple answer, Time Travelers mafia. Ryker sucked HORRIBLY that game. He was basically inactive most of the game, the only real exception was late D1 when he tried to stop town from lynching his town reads. (Seriously, he tried to stop us from lynching Nabe-scum, Nabe's scum buddy PLSD pulled a gambit to save Nabe, then we lynched PLSD-scum, with Ryker yelling how dumb we were all the while. That was more or less all he did that was remotely important until LYLO.) Since I find his hydra partner's behavior odd, and he looks to be playing much the same way as he was in Time Travelers, I'd prefer him gone to just about any inactive, at least they might actually TRY to contribute down the line, Ryker just goes "How DARE you make me try to hunt scum!" and sets himself up as a mislynch.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
*snip*
At least one person on this [Ryker's] wagon is being opportunistic.

I attribute your initial wagon almost entirely to people being in RVS mode. The Boat wagon seems to have formed very suddenly, and with no reason given that I find worthwhile. It's possible that there were also opportunistic people on your wagon, but Boat's feels more telling. Four people are on that wagon, and they all seem to think they have a decent reason to be there, and none of them do.
Why not JTB or Xartes or Tery or *glances at player list* Raziek (he's in this game?) if that's the case? So far, I would assume all of them to be similarly useless this game. But I also wouldn't really consider any of them a threat to scum, where as Ryker could be. That's why this is bothering me. Would you not consider Rykertown to be an asset if we have him?

*snip*

Yes, I think Ryker's just being Ryker. He's always antagonistic; it's not a scumtell. I know nothing about Moth. I may be projecting too much, but I consider attacks on things like Ryker's pic posting and "emotional" responses and antagonistic style to be fishy, because they remind me of myself in Super Heroes. It doesn't take much effort to point at a player with a playstyle that people don't like and try to turn town against them purely on that basis. All the better if it's a player that is good at finding scum. And then, when he's dead, you can just say "well, we're better off without having to worry about him anyway."
Unvote

Ugh. Ryker is throwing me off, per usual. Rereading AB / Rajam and company.
Tery, I demand an answer. Why did you change your mind on the Ryker wagon?

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
I feel like I can't read Ryker--or anyone for that matter--properly. Partly because of the pictures, partly because of the "emotion" and because I'm really underconfident. :p

Uhhhh. Just Pizza Mafia IIRC, in which I was continuously shifting my opinion because of the way he posts. I'm too used to seeing and reading straightforward posts. And even for the ones here I have to heavily reconsider sometimes to see if I can make any sense of it.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
In time Tery, first a couple more questions.

1) Would you say you've taken any strong stances so far? If so, please provide quotes.

2) Would you agree that your reason for unvoting Ryker wasn't really that good? If not, please give details as to why you think it was a good reason for unvoting.

And nobody answer Tery's question to me before Tery replies to these questions I've just asked.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~
1) Ryker was my original scum pick--we all know where that went--while you and Overswarm composed my more definite town picks. I don't know what else you mean from that. I also don't like Red Ryu for lack of content and activity, more specifically with the way he posted while seemingly ignoring obvious content. Just some quote examples for Red Ryu, since a Ryker evaluation would be pretty pointless ATM.

Terywj said:
I think there's a little more info out there in the dialogue so far for you to make that kinda of post.
Terywj said:
Red Ryu, what else do you have to add?
2) I thought my process for voting Ryker was bad, but not the unvote. I voted originally because I was frustrated at the way Ryker was posting and how he wasn't contributing (hence why I agreed with Overswarm's "lynch Ryker > shot in the dark" message). But afterwards I realized that stupid play and lack of contribution does not necessarily constitiute one's alignment--especially as a self-teaching principle in regards that I'm still learning how to actively contribute.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
I feel like I can't read Ryker--or anyone for that matter--properly. Partly because of the pictures, partly because of the "emotion" and because I'm really underconfident. :p

Uhhhh. Just Pizza Mafia IIRC, in which I was continuously shifting my opinion because of the way he posts. I'm too used to seeing and reading straightforward posts. And even for the ones here I have to heavily reconsider sometimes to see if I can make any sense of it.
Just finished reading that game.

Did you know you had a 100% fail rate in reads and who your vote was on at the end of the Day?

You were also frequently inactive, but seemed to have some legitimate medical issues come up due to things like wisdom teeth. I hope you'll be more active this game; you weren't on a single lynch, if I recall correctly, so it seems your lack of confidence is a trend. I picked up on a few more though, so hopefully you'll be easy to read if you don't die today.

You also didn't comment on Ryker much at all in that entire game, and in fact focused on Zen... so I'm not sure why you feel this connection with Ryker.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
2) I thought my process for voting Ryker was bad, but not the unvote. I voted originally because I was frustrated at the way Ryker was posting and how he wasn't contributing (hence why I agreed with Overswarm's "lynch Ryker > shot in the dark" message). But afterwards I realized that stupid play and lack of contribution does not necessarily constitiute one's alignment--especially as a self-teaching principle in regards that I'm still learning how to actively contribute.
Just a note, this is consistent with his play in Pizza mafia.

Terywj [태리]

Charismatic Maknae~

Did you know you had a 100% fail rate in reads and who your vote was on at the end of the Day?
I know I'm bad, okay. No need to burn it in.

Overswarm said:
You were also frequently inactive, but seemed to have some legitimate medical issues come up due to things like wisdom teeth. I hope you'll be more active this game; you weren't on a single lynch, if I recall correctly, so it seems your lack of confidence is a trend. I picked up on a few more though, so hopefully you'll be easy to read if you don't die today.
I will do the best of my ability, but I do feel heavily overshadowed.
...and there goes my confidence.

Overswarm said:
You also didn't comment on Ryker much at all in that entire game, and in fact focused on Zen... so I'm not sure why you feel this connection with Ryker.
Because of the way Ryker posts? I've also had the fun(?) experience with playing Skype Mafia with him, and it's more or less the same.

#HBC | Red Ryu

Red Fox Warrior
NNID
RedRyu_Smash
3DS FC
0344-9312-3352
1) Ryker was my original scum pick--we all know where that went--while you and Overswarm composed my more definite town picks. I don't know what else you mean from that. I also don't like Red Ryu for lack of content and activity, more specifically with the way he posted while seemingly ignoring obvious content. Just some quote examples for Red Ryu, since a Ryker evaluation would be pretty pointless ATM.

I'll answer these tomorrow my bad.

#HBC | FrozeηFlame

BRoomer
BRoomer
@FrozenflameAnd yes, I don't particularly like it either, and think it's a good stepping stone out of RVS. However, why are you asking me what you should be doing? That feels odd from your playerslot.

I was interested in what you would tell me to do, or if you would even tell me to do anything mostly. Didn't actually plan on following whatever you would decide to tell me.

Between this and your latest post, why so defensive brah?

Oh I also forgot to ask Frozen something in my previous post. whats mfw?
mfw = my face when

No I'm not, what you got to say to this?

I'd say you're the worst cheater in world history because you somehow managed to cheat and be wrong!
> posting cirno
> post #72
> not ending in 9
> yfw

@Everyone: When did decisive games turn into a 4chan board? Good grief...

Nicholas essentially posts what I had in mind.

Goddammit FrozenFlame do you always post stuff like this.
*****whatchutalkinbout.jpg

@ AB: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=13338899&postcount=102

Who posted this? Adumb or Swiss?

mah*****.png

@Circus/JTB/FF -
?

lol was wondering when someone was gonna finally say it.

Unvote

Vote: Terywj

AB can probs die too. Raziek should start playing. RR can maybe die too, and to a lesser extent Rajam.

Yeah those sound pretty good to me.

Analytical Buttheads

adumbrodeus|Gheb_01
Swiss is fortunately not part of this hydra, frozen.

The post you asked about was made by adum. I didn't actually post anything other than the pic in the beginning :awesome:
But I will try to contact adum [adum should read this as "****ing get on Skype, cuntbag"] and talk about stuff. JFYI most of the contributions in this thread will likely be by adum as I need to do justice to my caveman status so if you have any meta-knowledge on him it may actually be useful to you. I will mostly provide the entertainment and 'em pics :cool:

Overswarm

is laughing at you

Unsure how to read Frozen Flame at this point. His play fits the profile of "wanting to survive at Night" and "wanting to get lynched during the day" at the same time.

Inferno I'm gonna need a game where you're town to read up on, because you're giving me the heebie jeebies.

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord

I know I'm bad, okay. No need to burn it in.
This exchange bothers me. OS, why did you point out Tery's bad play? It's not a Ryker situation where the player needs an ego deflation, Tery's already pleaded lack of confidence, so why bring this up?

By the way, I think Inferno was town in U-pick. (FFIX too, but there isn't much there to analyze due to Inferno replacing out.)

@Frozenflame
I seriously don't know what to say to you. Well, there is one thing.

Cut out the Moriarity act. :glare:

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Knew I had this exchange in one of my earlier games:

OS i love your setups and before my game comes up i would appreciate some advice, in fact, i'll send a pm now.
OS said:
If it's direct, simply making a counter role won't work.

Oh, town has a cop, but mafia has a godfather.

Balanced? Not exactly. It's balanced in the sense that the cop can now only kill every other mafia member easily instead of just the godfather, or that the godfather can be investigated and literally get a clear ride to victory off of a cleared cop claim.

Balance would be forcing the cop to be a target earlier on by making it to where he can't vote, has to choose an investigative target during the day phase in full view of town, has to choose someone else to get his results for him, his results are posted only after he dies (amnesia cop), etc.

or, balancing with other roles, adding in millers, other cop roles (some false), redirecting abilities, etc.

Basically, you can't ever have a direct power and assume it can't break the game. It can. This can be acceptable, but just know you can have a game with 4 scum and 8 town with one cop and 7 VTs and the one cop could win the game on his investigations alone if he didn't get NKilled.

If you have a vig and he targets mafia all 3 nights, scum loses. They're just done. A good vig choice can be awesome, but giving them free reign and them making the right choice randomly? Destroys scum balance. Likewise, giving mafia a killing ability and giving town only one or two power roles to balance things can lead to a lynch to one and a kill to other.

Gauge how much randomness you are wiling to allow, then pick a few "core roles" in the game you know you want to have, and then simply play damage control with the rest.

Some of the roles in this game, like spider-man and superman, were meant only to give a strong townie a good ability to make them feel safe to play as a strong townie (even though spidey was hidden maf) while others like Colossus and The Tick were meant to be sacrificial roles that help Town at the expense of their own player slot.

TL;DR, make as few direct things as possible. Is he a vig? WHEN can he be a vig and what does he need to do. Is he a mafia member? How does he mesh with the other mafia members? How much do they need their partners and do they fall apart if one dies randomly?

Takes a lot of thought and planning, but watering down roles or making them very difficult to use is generally a way of self balancing.

No idea if this took or not, but might be telling as we get flips later on.

Overswarm

is laughing at you
This exchange bothers me. OS, why did you point out Tery's bad play? It's not a Ryker situation where the player needs an ego deflation, Tery's already pleaded lack of confidence, so why bring this up?
Pleading and having are different things. Do you always believe what you're told, or do you try to discover it for yourself?

This but I played really bad after D1 lol. OS can you answer my above question about Ryker and his play style?

this one said:
So does Ryker tend to not contribute and be antagonistic to the town early game? If so, when will this play style change?
This is a bit of a loaded question, but Ryker will be useless for most of the early game. He picks up the pace later on, but he hasn't had the best track record with reads as of late. I just finished reading Super Heroes mafia where he was in a hydra with Swiss as Radical Fiction; it picked up the pace as the game went on, but then Swiss dropped out and the playerslot's effectiveness wore off after that.

Are you trying to set up a policy lynch?

Nicholas1024

Smash Lord
Well OS, if Tery's town then it's highly probable that the under confidence plea is the truth, and you're reinforcing it (which isn't really a good thing for a townie to have). If Tery's mafia then it's likely a lie, but what did you expect to gain from bringing it up? In fact, if Tery's mafia then it gives the playerslot's lack of confidence plea some legitimate backing. So tell me, what was the point?

Overswarm

is laughing at you
Well OS, if Tery's town then it's highly probable that the under confidence plea is the truth, and you're reinforcing it (which isn't really a good thing for a townie to have). If Tery's mafia then it's likely a lie, but what did you expect to gain from bringing it up? In fact, if Tery's mafia then it gives the playerslot's lack of confidence plea some legitimate backing. So tell me, what was the point?
For one, it's more than lack of confidence. Tery was on 0 lynches until end game, and I don't even remember if he was on the final lynch. He ended every day as a No Lynch or voted for a person who had no other votes. This continued until end game, and he was townie.

That's more than lack of confidence, that's lack of team play, lack of foresight, and lack of trusting the other members of town. Having a 0% success rate with who he called scum and not even voting at the end of the day more often than not is important information to know. I don't know about you, but I suddenly don't feel too bad about Tery being a "we need a lynch" candidate down the line.

Furthermore, Tery's alignment has absolutely nothing to do with the "under confidence plea" being the truth, and I'm curious as to why you think that. Why is it that under-confidence is probably true if he's town, but if Tery's mafia then it gives it some legitimate backing? You seem to find no ill in Tery here.

And on top of all of that, I don't believe someone is "under confident" just because they say so. I check up on it, and I did. I'm a bit worried as to why you're taking it at face value simply because he said so, and I really, really want to know why under-confidence is probably true if he's town AND mafia both.

Top Bottom