• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MegaMafia | Day 4 - Mafia wins!

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
The thing I don't get is that Warlord didn't really fail his posting restriction. To me it looked like he gave up too early. What he should have done is just posting again, "OH WOOPS I DIDIN'T KNOW THAT YOU NEED TO HAVE ONE UNCAP LETTEr". We would have all understood because a lot of people don't know that SWF edits posts with all-caps.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
It wasn't "giving up" so much as it was making a horribly stupid post late at night and then coming to my senses and realizing how stupid it was. I don't see how I'm not the popular pick for lynching yet. I deserve to be lynched for something as pathetic as that.
What kind of Mafia actually wants to be lynch? What kind of Indie wants to be lynch (even though Scav stated there was no jester in this game)? This is why I'm not 'truly' suspicious of him. Mafia would've been trying to help him say what he needs to say and Indies would've tried extra harder to erase their mistake. Also, due to the amount of days needing to complete, there's no way Mafia wants to mess up. For the moment, I'm just not fully convinced of a Master Warlord lynch atm.

Wikipedia said:
I think it is very likely that Macman's posting restriction is a side effect of a mafia aligned role. If it's not then I would suggest the townie to stop using it because it is only causing confusion, unless it is an attachment to a townie power role.
I doubt it's Mafia, unless there's a added effect we don't know about. If all Macman does is just put capped letters, it doesn't seem useful for a Mafia to have IMO. Mafias usually have roles that helps them, not frame townies. I have my own theory in terms of what happened to Macman, but I'll wait awhile before I address it. For the moment, I'm convinced it's a power role of some kind, but not from Macman himself.

Smashman - Good of you to post. However, kinda meh on your first post. Scav basically stated that the Mafia game is following from Mega Man 1 to 9. However, that doesn't mean those three or more are not possibly in the game. I see in your second post, you speak about Macman, but havn't said anything in terms of Master Warlock. What's your opinon on the issue?

Mentos - agreed. we can't **** up at all, and we shouldn't be hasty over a lynch so early. We have till Aug. 29th. That's more then enough to put up a good discussion and pick out the best lynch for the day.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I'M 90% SURE THAT THE ROLE THAT GAVE ME MY RESTRICTION IS MAFIA. WHY WOULD A TOWNIE HAVE THAT KIND OF ROLE. MAKES NO SENSE. AND IF A TOWNIE DID, WHAT WOULD MAKE THEM WANT TO USE IT? :dizzy:

SMASHMAN, POST SOMETHING USEFUL PLEASE. DON'T YOU WANT TO WEAR THE LEADER PANTS AGAIN.

XSY, I'M VOTING FOR YOU. DOESN'T THAT BOTHER YOU!?/ I'D LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS WARLOCKRD FELLOW.

WARLOCRD, ARE YOU GOING TO TELL US WHAT COMPELLED YOU TO MAKE THE TERRIBLE PLAY THAT YOU DID? AND WHY DO YOU THINK IM FAKING MY RESTRICTION.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Warlord: As Chaco said, in order to form a solid defense, the first thing I want to hear is what you expected to accomplish faking that posting restriction. I can't think of any benefit to a townie faking a claimed posting restriction, as if it is a townie affected by it and real, you essentially give a strong push to lynch not one, but two townies, since we would inevitably be suspicious of the other when the first lynched flips town.
Said it before. I have no excuse, really, besides being a noob making a horribly stupid post last at night. My motive -was- to somehow prove myself as townie by acting as a victim, but that was a rather stupid idea seeing the townies seem to all have roles in this game anyway.

I'm still honestly very surprised everybody hasn't jumped all over me yet. Guess I might actually get to, y'know, play the game.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
I'M 90% SURE THAT THE ROLE THAT GAVE ME MY RESTRICTION IS MAFIA. WHY WOULD A TOWNIE HAVE THAT KIND OF ROLE. MAKES NO SENSE. AND IF A TOWNIE DID, WHAT WOULD MAKE THEM WANT TO USE IT? :dizzy:

SMASHMAN, POST SOMETHING USEFUL PLEASE. DON'T YOU WANT TO WEAR THE LEADER PANTS AGAIN.

XSY, I'M VOTING FOR YOU. DOESN'T THAT BOTHER YOU!?/ I'D LIKE TO HEAR WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT THIS WARLOCKRD FELLOW.

WARLOCRD, ARE YOU GOING TO TELL US WHAT COMPELLED YOU TO MAKE THE TERRIBLE PLAY THAT YOU DID? AND WHY DO YOU THINK IM FAKING MY RESTRICTION.
Because it might be a side effect of a townie power role like a role that protects you from all night effects but in return you have to post in all caps.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I REALLY DOUBT THAT. I JUST THOUGHT OF SOMETHING AND NOW I'm 98% SURE ITS A MAFIA POWER. SO LETS JUST ASSUME THAT IT IS.

Handorin

Smash Hero
How would assuming it is mafia help us at all though? We would need a tracker or watcher to verify that at the least. Even then it is iffy cause we all have powers.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I'm TELLING YOU THAT IT IS MAFIA. OR POSSIBLY AND INDY. IT IS NOT TOWN. NEW TOPIC PLEASE, SEEING AS HOW I AM 99.934 % SURE OF THIS.

WARLORD, I DON'T KNOW IF I AM THE ONLY ONE, BUT I STILL DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOUR MOTIVE WAS. HOW WOULD THAT HAVE PROVED YOU WERE TOWN.
ALSO DO YOU STILL THINK I AM FAKING MY RESTRICTION?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Right now I'm looking at Xsyven and Evil Eye. Here's why:
Unvote

And with that, I say we end the RVS. That was fun. Now let's think of reasons as to why Macman can ONLY POST IN CAPS.
Keyword: only. Did we not notice that in addition to Macman's odd posting that he was typoing at a ridiculous rate? Why would someone who should have no idea what the posting restriction is only put emphasis on capital letters? To add on to this, he was the first to put an end to the joking stage and asked everyone to think of reasons behind Mac's post restriction without giving his own. To top it off, let's ask the question again:

"What are the reasons as to why Macman can only post in caps?"

...The obvious reasons is that is either a post restriction or a fake post restriction. "How" Macman came about receiving this possible restriction would have been a much more effective question and yet, at the same time, would lead us no where.

For EE (considering I now suspect Xsyven):

Xsy: I've put forth a juicier thing to discuss, I think. And yes, I think anyone that is literate noticed the use of the word "investigator", not cop, so yes, I think we're all crossing our fingers for another cop/investigator. But um, why did you go and point that out? In your own words, best not to fish them out. We've got like a fifty percent newbie cast here, which means good odds for at least one or two newbies on the mafia roster, which means the possibility of that being overlooked was significant. Which means, uh, don't talk about stuff like that! How many times have I had this rant in SWFMafia? Don't speculate about what we might have left! At least, not unless you've got a plan of action that is based around appealing to them.
At this point, EE had already began doubting explanations and certain actions from people such as myself. Xsy "speculating about what we might have left" after this has already been explained many times by EE himself should draw out suspicion. This instance wasn't large in itself until I read further and noticed this:

Xsy: Well, I've already elaborated on my thoughts on his suggesting we talk about the posting restriction in response to Macman's positing. However, if you're suggesting that Xsy was deliberately putting town discussion on a dead-end road, that's something else. Obviously I agree that talking posting restriction at this stage is a waste of time, but you'll have to go a bit farther to convince me that he was bringing it up with malicious intent. Xsyven has often made controversial suggestions that seemed antitown at the time but were made with pro-town intentions, so I remain unconvinced.
This is EE defending Xsyven's "possible" mistake. As we have all seen, EE has been very quick to take the lead and start pointing small fingers, speculating, and requesting solid explanations to even small mishaps (Chaco misinterpreting my post, my "lack" of explanation, etc.). Call it being out of character, but I call it EE not being consistent with his method of questioning. At this point, EE hasn't even questioned Xsyven, but rather has been carefully nailing Warlord for his bizarre post.

I have yet to see Xsyven respond after a few speculations have been made against him, and I am eagerly awaiting his response.

Vote: Xsyven
FoS: Evil Eye

@Evil Eye: Would you care to explain your inconsistent behavior?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
The thing I don't get is that Warlord didn't really fail his posting restriction. To me it looked like he gave up too early. What he should have done is just posting again, "OH WOOPS I DIDIN'T KNOW THAT YOU NEED TO HAVE ONE UNCAP LETTEr". We would have all understood because a lot of people don't know that SWF edits posts with all-caps.
WHATS YOUR POINT?:confused:

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Keyword: only. Did we not notice that in addition to Macman's odd posting that he was typoing at a ridiculous rate? Why would someone who should have no idea what the posting restriction is only put emphasis on capital letters? To add on to this, he was the first to put an end to the joking stage and asked everyone to think of reasons behind Mac's post restriction without giving his own. To top it off, let's ask the question again:
That's an interesting catch, I didn't notice that before. It does come off as quite quaint that he seemed to pin down the posting restriction (Macman has confirmed that it is posting in allcaps, yes?) with such certainty.

A little food for thought: Macman rode Xsyven pretty hard in Spidey, including roleblocking him for two nights. Likely irrelevant, but an interesting connection nonetheless.

At this point, EE had already began doubting explanations and certain actions from people such as myself. Xsy "speculating about what we might have left" after this has already been explained many times by EE himself should draw out suspicion. This instance wasn't large in itself until I read further and noticed this:
Most of this will be addressed below. But yes, riding on pretty much everything is how I do things. I really don't like that Xsy was speculating about what town abilities we might have left, but bear in mind that I was considering that separately from the posting restriction thing. I consider speculating about town roles to be pretty scummy, but the posting restriction discussion could have just been good ol' erroneous behavior. I don't like it any more than other unproductive things, but I don't (or didn't) attribute anything sinister to it. At the time.

And I'd like to point out that my "doubting actions" from people such as yourself or Chaco has little in common with my discussion of Xsyven. In those cases, I was prodding for an explanation, and felt that I received a satisfactory one. In the case of Xsy, I'm addressing someone else's points and analyzing them, not bringing forth my own.

This is EE defending Xsyven's "possible" mistake. As we have all seen, EE has been very quick to take the lead and start pointing small fingers, speculating, and requesting solid explanations to even small mishaps (Chaco misinterpreting my post, my "lack" of explanation, etc.). Call it being out of character, but I call it EE not being consistent with his method of questioning. At this point, EE hasn't even questioned Xsyven, but rather has been carefully nailing Warlord for his bizarre post.
First of all, defence is a vast exaggeration. Points about Xsyven were brought up, and I applied my own read of them to it. You're basically accusing me of being inconsistent for not finding every action by every member of this town to be scummy, or something, and that is faulty logic. I called Xsyven out on pushing the posting restriction discussion, and I didn't question him about it because what productive answers could I possibly expect? "Well I was just trying to get discussion going" is a favorite of Xsyven's, and it works -- unfortunately -- for either of the major allignments. The same goes for pressing him about speculating town roles, something I myself was guilty of once as a townie.

Don't think I'm not looking critically at Xsyven. I just haven't seen a productive way to lean on him, and the closest I came to "defending" him was mentioning that as a townie he has a precedent of that type of behavior. I mentioned that because I'm the only other person that has played BRoomafia, and thus, the only person that has seen Xsyven as a townie (he was mafia and indy in his two DG mafias). It seemed like relevant information to bring forward. Satisfied?

Now, I've been nailing Warlord because his bizarre post was 100% antitown behavior. He has repeatedly dodged the line of questioning asking what he hoped to achieve by doing that, typically with appeals to emotion (which still riddle his posts). Even now, his explanations are logically unsound and unsatisfactory. He was hoping to look town by being a victim? If that relates to the faked posting restriction, how? If that relates to his behavior since, I consider a rational argument a whole lot more town than firing off a pity party, and more importantly, continues to dodge the issue of what he hoped to gain with his initial "plan". As someone else said, if Warlord and Macman are town, Warlord gave the mafia grounds for not one, but two mislynches. His behavior has been several shades more sinister than "bizarre".

Time for a reread.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I could definitely feel Warlord as an indy. Although Hando has a reputation to uphold. loljk. Anyways, Omni's point about Xsyven is interesting, and I do find it interesting. He did nail it first off, although I would like Mac to confirm. I also find it more interesting so that Mac has his vote on Xsyven as well and seems rather deadset.

More to come later.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
I need to catch up. o_o

There's way too much talk about me for how little I've actually said so far though...

Chaco

Never Logs In
Oooh, I just saw Mentos's post. I really agree with the scum hunting part.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
@EE: I am content. I did exaggerate on the "defense" part simply to see if you would become dramatic and/or defensive in a negative way. I believe it was necessary for me to prod you since no one seemed to be in your grill at this point since you've been very active at scumhunting yourself. I'd hate for people to get caught in the trap of assuming that an active scumhunter is automatically townie.

unFOS: Evil Eye But I still have my "eye" on you, Mr.

@Smash: Talk. Answer questions. Ask questions. Play Mafia.

@Warlord: You're not dead... yet. A very, thorough explanation such as the one Evil Eye gave is very necessary for your rather disturbing post. Length =/= safety. Your content needs to be legit and logical. Clearly state what your goal was.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
LOLOL UNFOSES

Anyways, Omni's point about Xsyven is interesting, and I do find it interesting. He did nail it first off, although I would like Mac to confirm. I also find it more interesting so that Mac has his vote on Xsyven as well and seems rather deadset.
I'm PRETTY SURE I ALREADY SAID WHAT OMNI SAID. IT IS WEIRD THAT XSY SEEMED TO KNOW THAT I HAD THIS RESTRICTION. IS THAT WHAT YOU WANTED ME TO CONFIRM?

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
We wanted you to reconfirm that your specific restriction was exactly what Xsy implied it as being -- posting only in allcaps.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
All caps was... a little obvious...

I wasn't the only one who noticed was I? Still at work, and haven't read up. But I'll reply that noticing a post restriction doesn't warrant a vote.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Actually, I do have a question for somebody. There is one thing that I don't think anybody has asked Macman yet so I will ask it. Macman, what all can you tell us about the whole post restriction thing (without quoting the PM)? You said that you got targeted in the night. Did it just say that now you gotta post in caps now (I somewhat doubt that this is the case) or was there some sort of detailed struggle or anything? Each bot has a power, so you'd think there must of been some sort of hint to this power like a sonic attack, bombs, flames, lasers, etc.

As for the whole Macman-Warlord situation, I'm not totally sure what to think of it. I'm getting weird vibes everytime I read it, but I can't tell who is giving me those vibes. Is it Macman? Warlord? Spam Master's Gut? My butt? Ted Kennedy in a Barney Suit? Eor in a Bear suit? It's been puzzling me. I'm hoping that my question to Macman will give me some more ideas on the whole situation. But I should try to come up with a question for Warlord, but sadly I can't think of any questions to ask him at this moment. I'm sure I'll come up with something, just need some time to think of one.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Has Warlord like disappeared now?

Also, still waiting on a Xsy post.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Has Warlord like disappeared now?
It's only been a day since he posted. Chill out. He's still got two more days til he gets prodded. We all got lives outside of this game (What a shocker. XD). Sometimes we get a little busy and we can't always be here everyday. Hell, I was at class for most of yesterday and I got a night class from 6 PM to 9:20 PM tonight.

Chaco

Never Logs In
The only reason I ask is because he said he would stop posting.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Actually, I do have a question for somebody. There is one thing that I don't think anybody has asked Macman yet so I will ask it. Macman, what all can you tell us about the whole post restriction thing (without quoting the PM)? You said that you got targeted in the night. Did it just say that now you gotta post in caps now (I somewhat doubt that this is the case) or was there some sort of detailed struggle or anything? Each bot has a power, so you'd think there must of been some sort of hint to this power like a sonic attack, bombs, flames, lasers, etc.

As for the whole Macman-Warlord situation, I'm not totally sure what to think of it. I'm getting weird vibes everytime I read it, but I can't tell who is giving me those vibes. Is it Macman? Warlord? Spam Master's Gut? My butt? Ted Kennedy in a Barney Suit? Eor in a Bear suit? It's been puzzling me. I'm hoping that my question to Macman will give me some more ideas on the whole situation. But I should try to come up with a question for Warlord, but sadly I can't think of any questions to ask him at this moment. I'm sure I'll come up with something, just need some time to think of one.
SORRY BUT I CAN'T TELL YOU ANYThING

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
As much as I can't stand the reeking scumminess of what Warlord has done up to now, Macman, I'm really disturbed by your push for expedience. Last time I checked, we have over a week left to discuss things, and you're pressuring lynch finalization already? And one of the two people you pushed has only your vote on him and town is still waiting on that person for some substance.

And on that note:

@Xsy: What's up buddy. What's the hold-up?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Sorry guys. I wish I could post a bit more, but I worked a 13 hour shift today and I open tomorrow, so I'm going to bed now. =(

Hopefully I can post tomorrow after work.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I've been doing a bit of backtracking and came up with this post.

Xsyven - The first thing I quickly notice about this guy is that when he quickly ends the RVS, he immediatly goes to the topic about Macman and his reason for posting in caps, not even given the thought that Macman could've just been doing that just for the lulz of RVS. Usually, we come in to terms as a group as what to talk about, whether it's the physics of the game or the knowledge of the said theme in general. However, xsyven decides to quickly point at discussion, and at a restriction no less.

Also, it's been two days since his last post and I've seen him online on AIM for a good amount of time for both. Xsyven, still need that post along with that reason you said you were gonna give us

Smashman - Hasn't...really been helpful and hasn't been contributing too much as of yet. His first game post was just him explaining the possible mafias and indies in the game. I felt he could've added a bit more in that post (maybe tell his opinon of the current discussion at hand), but he didn't. It's strange cause usually people who havn't read would at LEAST make some note saying 'I'll tell my 2 cents about the _____ etc. discussion.'

I'm a bit suspicious about Macman's post restriction. He says that he got targeted by somebody last night and he has to post everything capitalized, correct? Anybody noticed how he has some of his letters lowercased in some of his posts? Either he's faking it or he does have a restriction and has broken it already. Even if he does have this post restriction, what is the point in making a person post everything capitalized? I think there may be another (possibly delayed) effect or Macman isn't telling us everything (assuming Macman is telling us the truth about that post restriction).
Notice how he speaks about the Macman issue at hand, but not the Warlock one, till like after a few people including myself mentions it. I find it truly weird indeed. Again, doesn't mention he'll speak about the other issue at hand.

With the amount of post he's been giving as well as what was inside, I'm starting to wonder if he's really taking it seriously into account to what he's contributing...or if he's playing seriously in general... >>;;

Master Warlord - I'm still wondering what he was trying to accomplish doing in that first post. I still feel a lot of people is jumping on him for meh reasons, but then again, they do sound legit. For the moment, Master Warlord is barely putting up a fight and I don't like that. Master, if you want to avoid being lynch, I suggest you contribute to the discussion at hand. So far, you just seem to be pointing fingers (First at Macman, then at Evil Eye)

Master Warlord, you said your reason for making that first post was to be 'ballsy' for being town. I still don't quite understand that logic. Mind telling us a bit more about that? Once you do, please contribute to the discussion.

Macman - As far as having a possible restriction, I felt he hasn't really done anything to contribute for town, except 'LOL I'M PUSHING FOR TWO PEOPLE FOR A LYNCH'

oH, I JUST REALIZED YOU GUYS MAY NOT KNOW WHY I'M VOTING XSY. BUT I HAVE A LEGIT REASON, AND WE SHOULD LYNCH HIM TODAY. TAKE MY WORD FOR IT SINCE I'M ALWAYS TOWN.
I've read from page 4 (beginning) to now, and I have yet to hear that legit reasoning you mentioned before. Mind mentioning it now?

Yeah, you really need to stop flinging the Appeals to Emotion.

Alright, uhm, what happened to your supposed post restriction? He cannot hide posting in all caps, and acting like an idiot will not avoid attention it will attract it.

No, no, no. And for the love of god stop flinging AtE's.

Policy, Unvote; Vote: MasterWarlord
I'm bothered somewhat by this post, because Master Warlord has spoke out that he has effed up his plans upon doing a restriction and most of the people here spoke about that. This post here was made after Master Warlord's third post, which is on the next page. Chaco has explained before that he should stop using the 'appeal to emotion' card already, so for him to say that part I bolded is truly weird.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
k I Just Got The Clear From Scav.

My Post Restriction Is Something Someone Gave Me From A Night Action. It Has Nothing To Do With My Role Or Character. So The Idea That Xsy Seemed To Know Immediately That I Was Forced To Type In All Caps Gives Me The Sense That He Knew About It. Especially Since My Posts Prior To That Could Have Easily Been Just Me Being ******** And Not Having To Post In All Caps. I Just Think It Is Incredibly Odd That He Was So Quick To Suggest That I Had A Posting Restriction.

But Thennn We Can Bring Up The Whole Wifom Part Of It. Would Mafia Who Placed This Restriction On Me Really Be The First To Talk About It/suggest The Idea. It Just Doesn't Seem Smart.

So Yea
.. .

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Oh, sorry. I thought you had a different post in mind >>;;

so you feel that Xsyven is responsible for you being in all caps?
\
also, why in that quote all the words you typed are lower case except the beginning of each word? Bare with me, please. >>;;

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
and when I mean 'bare with me,' I mean more of the terms 'even though I ask such questions, please point them out to me without making it seem like I'm asking a stupid question'

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Still waiting on a chance to do a full re-read-and-glean, but I'll address your pointed question, Rockin.

How does that mirrored a 'Mafioso?' So far, from what I've seen, it's just someone that made a big mistake and is heavily focused on that said mistake insead of moving on. I'm just curious.
I said it has mirrored many a mafioso, like, referring to past, specific performances. It's just a very common tactic for a mafiat that screws up or gets caught in a town net to say "Whatever go ahead and lynch me" or "lynch me, once you see I'm town, lynch ____" and these are literally the exact same tells Warlord is putting off. It's a shame Crimson King isn't in the game, because he's played that game twice now in mafia games (both of them BRoom). And I know I've seen that general tactic used in other games, and it's used almost every single game in epic mafia. Trying to convince people you're town by showing yourself as super willing and apathetic to the idea of being lynched is an age-old mafia play.

It's just that simple. First he makes a "ballsy move for town" (a ballsy move that has almost absolutely zero town benefit and sets up two mislynches if he and Mac are town), then when he realizes he has screwed up, he goes to an archaic scum-tastic defence.

Top Bottom