• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MegaMafia | Day 4 - Mafia wins!

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha we were pretty much all in agreement there... We felt bad about it because you hadn't played in so long, but we also figured that you weren't a high target for doc protection, in part from the fact that you haven't played in so long, and that you were a solid enough player where it wouldn't be a wasted informationless kill.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Poor Omis, I specifically got him into this game by reminding him, and you kill him N0.

Omis

my friends were skinny
haha We Were Pretty Much All In Agreement There... We Felt Bad About It Because You Hadn't Played In So Long, But We Also Figured That You Weren't A High Target For Doc Protection, In Part From The Fact That You Haven't Played In So Long, And That You Were A Solid Enough Player Where It Wouldn't Be A Wasted Informationless Kill.
:( You guys is meany

Handorin

Smash Hero
Yep, that plus what EE pointed out to us made me pretty confident it was Omis.(At first I thought it was Tom due to the strikethrough on the replacement list)
I figured he wasn't because I started talking to him about the game. I figured it was his school and stuff.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I'm still trying to grasp two things

1) why did smashman came out and told he was the DV?

2) Why did he argued/question the Doc Robot/Omis if he was the real DV? >_>;;

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, he had to come out because it seemed my claim was more believable than his top man one, and he felt at risk. The part arguing doc should be obvious- doc claimed to be the extra voter, which mad him suspicious because he knew he was actually the extra vote

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Well, he had to come out because it seemed my claim was more believable than his top man one, and he felt at risk. The part arguing doc should be obvious- doc claimed to be the extra voter, which mad him suspicious because he knew he was actually the extra vote
IMO, I actually believed his Top Man over your Quick Man. It seemed believeable to me.

In terms of doc, he could've just waited more and more to see where Doc's intentions are at. Yeah, the Doc posted as little as possible, but if he just waited...ugh. Also, claiming DV as a Maf is a suicidal attempt, so I don't see why a maf would try to claim DV, especially in that situation.

Even more, Doc Robot is on Wily's side and Scav himself said that any player that isn't in the game is not allowed the post. He even confirmed that the Doc account was his. Derp?

Kirby King

Master Lameoid
Premium
BRoomer
Here's a question: when Rockin voted Evil Eye and the game went on for days without ending, why did all of one person point out that either Rockin or Evil Eye had to be scum? (If you were that sure about Hando being scum I guess I understand not voting for either, but you had a sure thing here--mafia clearly would have ended the game if they could, and since they didn't, they couldn't.) I didn't understand why it took so long for anyone to realize that or why it was pretty much ignored even when it was pointed out.

smashman claiming DV wasn't a good idea because then mafia knew who they had to kill, and they had time to do it (even with a doctor alive). Town's only hope was mafia would buy the Doc Robot as an extra vote thing and happen to not kill smashman. Once smashman outed himself the conclusion was inevitable, while if he had kept it to himself and tried to convince people to lynch someone else a town win could have been at least plausible.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I don't really get what you are asking in the first paragraph. I thought it was apparent immediately that atleast one person between EE and Rockin was scum. I think everyone else was aware of this as well. I didn't want to lynch either of them because I wasn't sure and they didn't seem to be megaman. Hando was a more sure lynch and I think that was the direction in which the game was going.

If doc robot did actually have his own vote, then even if smashman claimed, we could have won the game as long as we lynched megaman before smashman was killed. We might have had an extra day if mafia decided to go for the me if they thought i was going to protect smashman.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I don't really get what you are asking in the first paragraph.
He's asking when I voted for Evil Eye and there was no alpha strike for days (meaning no one didn't use the Time Freeze attack and froze the votes), why didn't anyone focus on EE or found that suspicious. I was hoping I can secretly CC by just voting on him and praying they would notice that no alpha strike didn't happen, but unfortunatly, the focus was more on 'which one was the real watcher' =/

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
We couldn't freeze voting until 48hours before the deadline.
This is the truth. T'is why I posted early that even if we decided on a lynch, we should wait till the last day to vote. Also, no alpha strike only meant one of you was maf: If you were maf voting EE there wouldn't be enough votes to strike, if you were town voting EE he was scum if there was no alpha strike. All you did was prove that one of the two was scum.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
This is the truth. T'is why I posted early that even if we decided on a lynch, we should wait till the last day to vote. Also, no alpha strike only meant one of you was maf: If you were maf voting EE there wouldn't be enough votes to strike, if you were town voting EE he was scum if there was no alpha strike. All you did was prove that one of the two was scum.
Oh, i see. The way EE and macman first posted after my vote made it seem different XD

Also, Omni is fail for hammering and then using his power (the reason to USE his power to extend the day was bad...especially if we've been given an extention already...)

However, I take blame on that same night for not watching him. I still felt that would've been a too obvious of a kill if Maf was concern of a watcher. =/

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Haha I think everyone was mixed up on the votes. I realized what happened right away, then EE started saying he hadn't hammered beforehand, and I looked and got mixed up myself, it wasn't until the last day when I looked again and affirmed my original thoughts to stop you from being worried about itXD

And yeah, we were worried it was an obvious kill, but also realized it had looked like he was faking because he talked about extending the day and it didn't happen so it might have been safe.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
<object width="425" height="344"><param name="movie" value="http://www.youtube.com/v/460qy5mdELg&hl=en&fs=1&"></param><param name="allowFullScreen" value="true"></param><param name="allowscriptaccess" value="always"></param><embed src="http://www.youtube.com/v/460qy5mdELg&hl=en&fs=1&" type="application/x-shockwave-flash" allowscriptaccess="always" allowfullscreen="true" width="425" height="344"></embed></object>

Mafia wins!

The roles:
Handorin
Mega Man (Light-aligned Mega Man)

You are Mega Man, the only hope to stop Dr. Wily's renegade robots. You start with no powers to speak of, but every night the Mafia must decide on one player to kill. You will gain the power of the eliminated player. You only gain powers from your Mafia night kills, not from lynches or other events.

Note: You are the one who tells me who you plan to kill. You are also the one performing the action.

Once you start accruing powers, you may choose ONE to use during any day/night period. This means if you use a daytime power, you may not then use a nighttime power the following Night. Refer to the Day/Night "number" to see which days and nights go together. Remember, Day precedes Night. D1 comes before N1, etc.

You are Mafia aligned and win when the Mafia outnumbers all other players.

Your fellow Mafia: Evil Eye (Roll) and Mentosman (Rush). You may speak to them via PM or outside of the game. You are permitted to share information about your roles with eachother. Each Night, the three of you must decide on whom to night kill. Mega Man delivers the night kill. If he dies, that responsibility falls to Roll, and then to Rush.
Evil Eye
Roll - (Light-aligned Stalker)

Bad news: As Roll, Mega Man's trusty fembot sidekick, you do not have a weapon.

Good news: You're totally still useful. You may investigate one robot per night. Upon inspection, you will learn that robot's part number, weapon name, and the names of any projectiles that are active that Night and the following Day.

You are Mafia aligned and win when the Mafia outnumbers all other threats.

Your fellow Mafia: Handorin (Mega Man) and Mentosman (Rush). You may speak to them via PM or outside of the game. Each Night, the three of you must decide on whom to night kill. Mega Man delivers the night kill. If he dies, that responsibility falls to Roll, and then to Rush.
Mentosman
Rush - (Light-aligned Chauffeur/Bodyguard/Janitor)

You are robot's best friend, Rush. At your disposal are three tools you can use to help Mega Man and Roll achieve victory over Wily's renegades. You are Mafia aligned and win when the Mafia outnumber all other threats.

Your fellow Mafia: Handorin (Mega Man) and Evil Eye (Roll). You may speak to them via PM or outside of the game. Each Night, the three of you must decide on who to night kill. Mega Man delivers the night kill to start out with. If he dies, that responsibility falls to Roll, and then to Rush.

You have three abilities:

Rush Jet - You carry your choice of Mega Man or Roll (not both) to their night target. This ability affects roles that look for "visits" between players. If your choice would be seen visiting a player, you (Rush) will be seen visiting that player instead.

Rush Coil - You may make Mega Man or Roll immune to projectiles for one night.

Rush Marine - One-time use only. During the night, you may choose Mega Man or Roll. If that player dies that Night or the following Day, you will submerge with him underwater. When the body reappears, it will be unrecognizable. In game terms, you may choose the name and role that appears in the ensuing death flavor.
Wikipedia
Proto Man (Independent Survivor Vigilante)
Who's side are you on, anyway? You're always attacking Mega Man, yet also always attacking Wily's robots. To be honest, you'd be ok with either side winning. You are Independent aligned, and win if you survive until the game ends.

Note: You do not count towards the town or mafia total. If all Mafia are eliminated, the game ends immediately. But, because you have the power to eliminate a player, the game will not end if mafia simply outnumbers town. In that scenario, you will have to pick a side.

Weapon info:
You can eliminate one player at any point, day or night. If you use your action as a night kill, PM it to me as normal. If you do not wish to use it as a night kill, please PM me each night to let me know, so I'm not waiting for you until the deadline. If you don't PM me, I'll assume you intend to use it.

If you wish to use it as a day kill, post Daykill: [Target] in the thread. Yes, using it as a daykill makes it public.

As Proto Man, when you use your kill to eliminate someone, you gain that player's power. If you kill Mega Man, you may choose one of his powers.
Smashman90
Gemini Man (Wily Doublevoter)
You are Gemini Man, the narcissistic schizophrenic robot. You can split yourself in two, and thus you get two votes. You are Town aligned, and you win when all threats to Dr. Wily are eliminated.

Weapon info:

You may vote twice. They can both be for the same person, or they may be for different people. You may send your second vote in anonymously. If you do not wish to send it anonymously, post it in the thread as normal.

Note that you should be careful to Unvote before voting. If you vote without unvoting, I will assume you meant to use your second vote.
Chaco
Guts Man (Wily Voteblocker)

YOU ARE GUTS MAN. YOU ARE VERY BIG. YOU CAN THROW OTHER PLAYERS. IF YOU DO, THE PLAYER YOU THROW WILL SLAM INTO ANOTHER PLAYER. IT WILL BE FUNNY. THE PLAYER YOU THROW WILL COUNT AS A PROJECTILE. THE PLAYER YOU HIT WILL BE VERY DIZZY AND CONFUSED.

YOU ARE TOWN ALIGNED AND WIN WHEN ALL THREATS TO THE TOWN ARE ELIMINATED.

Weapon info:

Once per day, you may throw one player at another player. As a result, the player you target (not the one you threw) will become dizzy and unable to vote.

To use this, pm me: I throw [player A] at [player B]. In this case, PLAYER B is the one who will become dizzy.
Rockin
Hornet Man (Wily Watcher)

You are Hornet Man, and you hold a preprogrammed affection for all flowers. Sadly for you, there are no flowers in this game. As the master of gardens, you have the Hornet Chaser at your command, which allows you to gather information on your fellow players. You are Town aligned and win when all threats to Dr. Wily have been eliminated.

Weapon info:

Each night, you may fire a hornet at any player. The hornet will hover around the player and observe anyone who visits him. You will learn the name of anyone who performs a night action on that player.

Hornets count as projectiles.
Omni
Flash Man (Wily Timekeeper)

You are Flash Man, Dr. Wily's successful attempt to create a robot that controls time. Your weapon is the Time Stopper. You are Town aligned and win when all threats to Dr. Wily have been eliminated.

Weapon info:

The Time Stopper has two abilities.

1) Once per Day, when 48 hours or fewer are remaining, you may extend the deadline by 24 hours. You may do this publicly by posting in the thread, or privately by PMing me. Please format it as Stop Time.

2) One time use only: When 48 hours or fewer are left in the Day, you may freeze the voting. Day and discussion continue, but no further votes will be counted. In effect, this puts the game into Twilight. You may not use this and the Extension on the same Day.

Macman
Skull Man (Wily Bulletproofguard)

You are Skull Man, a robot designed by Dr. Cossack for war. Despite your offensive abilities, you've discovered that your Skull Barrier weapon is most powerful as a defensive tool. You are Town aligned and win when all threats to Dr. Wily have been eliminated.

Weapon info:

At night, you may place a protective shield around any player, including yourself. That shield remains in play until you decide to move it. You may only move it at night. You may also dispel it and leave no one protected, but you may only dispel it at night. The protected player will not be be alerted that he is shielded. For as long as a player has a skull shield, he is bulletproof. This means he cannot be killed by actions. He can, however, still be lynched. Skull shield counts as a projectile.

The skull shield is not permanent. After absorbing one kill, the shield disappears forever. If the shield absorbs a kill or the player is lynched, it counts as having been spent, and you do not get another. If you are killed by Mega Man while the shield is active, it remains active and Mega Man gains control of it.
Xsyven/Marshy
Shadow Man (Wily Lightkeeper)

You're a Ninja Robot, which is hilarious. As Shadow Man, your biggest asset is your ability to darken a room. You are Town aligned and win when all threats to Dr. Wily have been eliminated.

Weapon info:

Your Shadow Blade may be used one time the whole game, during any day phase. You cast the room into darkness. All votes are unvoted. For the remainder of the day, all posts must be PMed to Scav, and Scav will post them. No player may post in the thread until the following Day begins.
Masterwarlord/Ignatius
Grenade Man (Wily Bomber)

Kaboom! You are Grenade Man! You are Town aligned! You win when all threats to Dr. Wily are eliminated! But you are the victim of faulty programming! And you love explosions! As such, you can't tell the difference between bad guys and good guys! You want them all to explode!

Weapon info:

Each night, you must throw a grenade at player. You may not target the same player twice. You may target yourself. That person will then have to adhere to a post restriction of my choosing, though you are welcome to give ideas. If that person violates the post restriction twice, the grenade explodes. Death ensues.

Grenades count as projectiles.

Post restriction restrictions: It cannot discourage posting, so no "you may only post once per day."

Good examples:
Running posts through Babelfish
Posting in Binary
all letter O's must be Zeros
No punctuation allowed
ALL CAPS
Only exclamation points!
Must use the phrase "I love Megaman."
Must vote in every post

Bad examples:
Must say "I am mafia" in every post
Cannot post
Must lie in every post (unenforceable)
Cannot vote

You can reach me by PM or on AIM at ScavMF if you have any questions.
Omis
Search Man (Wily Investigator)

You are Search Man. Made from surveillance equipment, you are uniquely suited for digging up information. Yes, it's unglamorous, but hey! You're also incredibly useful. You are Town aligned and win when all threats to Dr. Wily have been eliminated.

Weapon info:

Each night, you may choose one player to investigate. You will learn the first three digits of that robot's serial number, which will tell you whether it was made by Dr. Light, Dr. Wily or Dr. Cossack. If you inspect that player a second time, you will learn the final three digits of that robot's serial number.
Omis - Again!
Mega Mafia Night Zero results
Doc Robot (Light-aligned Ghost[/blue])
Whoops, you died. Thanks for playing.

But wait! All is not over for you yet. Dr. Wily had a backup plan - your backup hard drive. Lucky for you, he was able to transfer you into a new body. Doc Robot.

You are a secret character. Keep up with the thread, and do not talk with anyone outside of the game. You may post in the thread and vote as normal. Please send me a PM each day indicating that you are keeping up with the thread.

BUT, if you are targeted by ANY day or night action, you will die instantly. You are exempt from the activity rules - you may go the whole game without posting if you so desire. You do not count toward town's victory condition.

You are able to vote, which counts like any other player's.

I have created a Doc Robot Smashboards account. This will be "you" for the remainder of the game. If you wish to post in the thread, PM your post to me. I will make the post from the Doc Robot account, in order to prevent anyone from sniffing out your IP address.

Though you don't count toward the Town victory condition, you are Town aligned and win when all threats to the Town are eliminated.

Please reply to me to confirm that you received this message.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Iggy's role is the one I had to change a bit once the game started. I realized that me picking the role restriction would have meant influencing the game, even unintentionally. So, I just slapped the veto on several of Iggy's best ideas ;)

Handorin

Smash Hero
This would have been hilarious. But also much more difficult to forget. Handorin screwed up his restriction once with the abbreviation thing, but getting him to forget to babelfish his whole post? Unlikely.
I did? O.o

I don't believe you. >_>

Top Bottom