• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MegaMafia | Day 4 - Mafia wins!

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Son of a *****...

Well, if Doc Robot counts to toward the ratio, or can vote, and if he has a vig kill up his sleeve he can take the shot at one of the scums and we can still win. But we need a doc save as well, and since Scav isn't giving us the full time to talk out and organize toNight I have to assume that's the game....

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
YEAH SURE WHEN MY NAME IS TOM EVERYONE LISTENS TO ME BUT WHEN MY NAME IS DOC ROBOT NOBODY GIVES A ****

just kidding lol

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
The whole Warlock/Xsyven fiasco was lame.

Also wasn't a fan of town's abilities being a double-edged sword. My ability isn't that great in my own hands but it is ridiculously devastating in Mafia hands.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
I'll go ahead and make it official ;) Mafia wins! Commence congrats.

Handorin - Mega Man
Mentos Man - Rush
Evil Eye - Roll

Again, full flavor and writeup, plus roles, coming tonight.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Rules for Mafia Henceforth:

Always Wagon Hando to L-1 on D1, if he self hammers, he was town. If he doesn't, drop the hammer. He's scum or nuetral.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Good stuff mafs, especially EE. I actually thought you was town (till that late spoken up issue of 'Watcher')

Town: sorry that I failed. I really did try my best. =/

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm actually surprised, and glad, I placed my vote blocks well.

N0 was Warlord. I was hoping to prevent a newbie mistake.
N1 was Wiki.
N2 was no one.

Also, next time Wiki: You gettin' lynched. No matter! What. They. Argue.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Hey, I just want to say this was a VERY VERY fun Mafia rp. Flavor was awesome and the moderation for the game was pretty good. power roles were fair and there were surprises at each corner

However, it needs more Splash Woman. Was hoping for a bit to be Mega Man (obvious reasons........the name, people >>), but ahh well. Hornet Man was alright.

still, would kill to be either Mega Man or Splash Woman :p

Again Scav, awesome job ^____^

Doc Robot, aka Omis, good stuff.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I pinned Omis a long time ago. It made him far less intimidating :)

This was a lot of fun. I'm pleased with myself, as I had almost every player come up against me and either I sledgehammered through their case, or they ended up dead, or both.

We have been planning that alpha strike ever since D2, so it's really sexy to see it happen, finally.

And yeah, Scav, this was exactly what I would want from a Mega Man game that is mafia. Lots of fun little twists and turns.

~ Gheb ~

Life is just a party

Also wasn't a fan of town's abilities being a double-edged sword. My ability isn't that great in my own hands but it is ridiculously devastating in Mafia hands.
You could've tried to get yourself lynched D1. At least that's what I would've done - claim and get yourseld lynched to prevent scum from obtaining that power. D1 is almost always a mislynch and as you said your role isn't that powerful for town. Personally, I'd hate to have such a role but it's still the best thing to do if you're town.

Just my 0.02

:059:

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
You could've tried to get yourself lynched D1. At least that's what I would've done - claim and get yourseld lynched to prevent scum from obtaining that power. D1 is almost always a mislynch and as you said your role isn't that powerful for town. Personally, I'd hate to have such a role but it's still the best thing to do if you're town.

Just my 0.02

:059:
Horrible idea.

The problem with it is that there are many Town Robots with the possibility of having powers equally or more powerful than my own. You have nothing to measure your role against.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Every ability had a counter of sorts. Unfortunately, this was not always in town's favor. Most of the time it was, though.

I'll post full roles later as well :) but suffice it to say that the time freeze stops VOTING. Marshy had a power that, among other things, caused everyone to unvote. Using that after a vote freeze would have ended the day without incident.

Also, had Wikipedia been alive and not suicidal, he could have used his daykill to take out the newly revealed mafiats.

Of course, this is all moot if all 3 mafia survive until Day 4, take BOTH the time freeze and shadow blade and the vig decides to go rogue ;)

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
This was an extremely fun game. I think town played well as a whole, besides a couple little mishaps.

1. Warlord's faking the restriction he gave Mac. This was a huge boon to us because it gave us a blatant anti-town move to let discussion wrap around, instead of focusing on us. I really did think Iggy/Warlord was the indie when I was making that argument, I was going to be happy to see him lynched especially after he pinned hando.

2. Omni's mistaken timing using his role was also a huge difference maker. A big reason he was picked as a kill was because we felt his power was a danger to us, and since he had made it public AFTER hammering, allowing us to see his power(obviously not the part we waited to use, we didn't know about that) and not have any town discussion on it for anyone to make sense of. Especially once it "failed" we figured Mac would be suspicious a bit and not protect him.

3. Wiki's claim was HUGE for us. We had entirely forgotten about the extra vote and were prepared to, if we couldn't get a lynch on Wiki, use our alpha strike yesterday. At that point the game would have still been pretty much won(would have used it on mac meaning no way Smash survived all 3 of our lynches and ensuing night phases)

More thoughts to come on the game in a while, but I figured I would say this much. We had so many different schemes planned to win the game it was insane.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Oh yeah, and assuming we are right that Doc Robot was Omis as EE put together very quickly and it seems others have come to think, town had a major boon if mafia had been less experienced. A newer mafia would have targeted a Marshy or someone of the sort getting the felt biggest threats out of the way early, and assuming whoever died N0 became doc, a newer mafia choosing a high-profile townie would have given the town an insta-clear power player, which would have changed the game a lot.

#HBC | marshy

wanted for 3rd degree swag
BRoomer
I think town played well as a whole
no. no no no no no no

my plan was to let you guys try the alpha strike which was why i was trying to get rockin to stop posting after wiki's claim. i was hoping every townie would get quiet and just let you guys reveal yourselves then shadow blade it up minutes before deadline. something like that

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Scav will post the roles shortly so its semi-pointless to respond, but the power as we got it would, on the first investigation give the first 3 digits of the bots serial number(enough to determine if they were made by doctor Wily, Light, etc, and the second investigation would reveal the full serial number(gain exact bot players were)

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also lol @ Marshy. We remembered the DV as soon as the votecount with three votes/2 names listed, so even if no one had talked we weren't anywhere close to making that mistake :)

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Town mislynched once, I guess if that equates to being terrible then so be it.
Marshy, don't really know how you expected anyone to deduce what your plan was.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
We also had a fun little trap in the waiting that would have gone into play if Doc hadn't appeared, I'll wait till Scav has posted the roles and all before going into it though.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Also, the rules state about talking outside the game after you die and whatnot. So it could easily be deduced.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Yep, that plus what EE pointed out to us made me pretty confident it was Omis.(At first I thought it was Tom due to the strikethrough on the replacement list)

Chaco

Never Logs In
Says not to talk outside the thread after you die as things can happen. Scav doesn't like shoddy night actions, a reviver is just that. Hence, something different.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Huh?

Darn I tried to mix up my sentence structure but I guess it was to no avail. Why did you claim an action on me if you knew I would call BS?
Because I knew you're role wouldn't have given you anything to the contrary, and I worked my claim where saying I was on you didn't mean I even did anything, so it was a solid lie. Plus, that claim(role itself was thought of like a day or 2 earlier) was made up as I went in terms of who the actions were used on etc. I thought at that point smashman's claim was legit, and figured I could out-argue him well enough where it worked.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
dont say "such as yourself" it makes you sound like a prick
or call a 'perma VI.' Things happen, you know.

Macman went for what he believed in. It couldn't be helped. The best he and everyone else can do is learn their lesson and move on.

That's how we improve.

Top Bottom