• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MegaMafia | Day 4 - Mafia wins!

smashman90

Smash Lord
smashman when are you going to claim and stop prolonging it.
First off, thanks for completely ignoring my question. Secondly, last I checked there wasn't any particular order for us claiming and I don't see you *****ing about Hando and Mentos not claiming yet either, so what gives? But if it makes you feel better, I'll claim after the Rockin-EE thing is resolved.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
cuz hando is scum, and I trust mentos more than you right now so I rather you claim first. And the rockin EE thing won't be resolved today atleast. Neither of them should be today's lynch.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I was kinda hoping that you and EE would keep debating with each other to prove who is really the watcher. This argument seems like it was shorter than expected and it seemed like it should've lasted longer. Currently, I believe EE more than Rockin.

Macman, EE mentions that you had no barrier around you on N3, was he telling the truth?
But WHY do you believe EE more then me?

I've been waiting for EE to start responding to my post and try to prove that I'm the real watcher, but he's been pretty quiet since the last post of his. Here's to show further proof that I'm the watcher.

Look marsh, I'm pretty angry right now with what's happening, so it's **** obvious I'm not thinking straight here atm.

Just...please bare with me right now =_=;;
This was made after the SK kill of Chaco, who was actually the voteblocker. I posted this out of frustration and confusion because I thought Marshy was the voteblocker since D1.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
mentos, thoughts on the rockin/EE situation? and smashman claim, no reason not to. You will not be NKed.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Alright Macman, if you insist then I will claim. Let me just say that you're right about one thing. I won't get NK'd. Why? Because I am Top Man. Each night I can spin wildly and uncontrollably and when I do this I become invincible to nightkills for that night. A side effect to this is that I can't spin the next night.

Oh and Macman, you still haven't answered my question. Was EE telling the truth about his night action for last night?

@ Rockin, I tell you why I trust EE:

- When you visited Iggy/Warlord and he says that on N0 that he got visited by a flying robot and you said that the only other person that visited him was Marshy/Xsy and then Iggy said that he was vote blocked even though Chaco was Guts Man and Voteblocker and then there's the fact that Guts Man is not a flying robot master. Plus there's the fact that Marshy was Shadow Man and he is not a flying robot either plus his role seems like the one that wouldn't be targeting people. I wish Chaco had went into detail about how his power worked before he died as that would've made things simpler. I'm just spitballing here, but I'm guessing Guts Man throws a robot at somebody and that causes the target to become voteblocked. It appears you made a big contradiction there, Rockin.

I think I got an idea on how to settle the Watcher deal, but it would require us to go to the night phase to do this unfortunately. But on the flipside, it should protect me and the real Watcher and the fake Watcher would get lynched on the next day.

smashman90

Smash Lord
terrible claim
Just tellin ya what my role said without directly quoting it. Top Man does become invincible in the games when he spins around and that is what I can do in this game. I just become immune to nightkills for that night, but the next night I am open to nightkills (unless the doctor protects me).

whats the plan?
Are you talking about my idea?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
@ Rockin, I tell you why I trust EE:

- When you visited Iggy/Warlord and he says that on N0 that he got visited by a flying robot and you said that the only other person that visited him was Marshy/Xsy and then Iggy said that he was vote blocked even though Chaco was Guts Man and Voteblocker and then there's the fact that Guts Man is not a flying robot master. Plus there's the fact that Marshy was Shadow Man and he is not a flying robot either plus his role seems like the one that wouldn't be targeting people. I wish Chaco had went into detail about how his power worked before he died as that would've made things simpler. I'm just spitballing here, but I'm guessing Guts Man throws a robot at somebody and that causes the target to become voteblocked. It appears you made a big contradiction there, Rockin.

I think I got an idea on how to settle the Watcher deal, but it would require us to go to the night phase to do this unfortunately. But on the flipside, it should protect me and the real Watcher and the fake Watcher would get lynched on the next day.
I explained when I first saw it on D1, I thought that either A)my night action gave flavor to the visit towards Masterwarlord/Iggy or B) Marshy actually visited him and voteblocked him. on D2, after hearing Wiki, I went with more of the possibility that it was B, and then thought he was Beet (flying bird robot who helps Mega Man). Then when D3 came and Chaco died, that possibility of B still kept strong, minus the voteblocking. Now, with Marshy dead, that thought went to C) Neither of the two.

When Chaco died, I explained before that I assume that I could watch people who could personally visit the person I watch . There's also that possibility that I could watch projectiles too, but then I should've seen Chaco voteblocked Iggy N0, so I don't think I can

smashman90

Smash Lord
Nevermind about that plan, I was mixing up the Watcher's abilities with the Tracker's, my bad. Only other ideas I can think of is either reveal who you targeted for saving, tell us whether or not you had your barrier around you on N3 (which should prove that EE is a Watcher), or that we pick one person for the Watchers to watch and you decide whether or not to send that barrier to that person. You should be able to figure out which Watcher is telling the truth. Also Macman, you said that you think Rockin is telling the truth. Would you please elaborate on that?

@ Doc Robot as well as Mentos and Hando, what do you think of the Watcher argument? Do you think Rockin is telling the truth or do you think it is EE that is telling the truth?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, my turn to claim now. I am Quick Man, my ability being Quick Boomerang. Let me explain this the way Scav did when I asked for clarification. Every night I target one person and throw my boomerang at them(much like Iggy/Warlord had to, I must choose someone each night). When I do, it has a chance to block one non-lethal projectile targeting that person. So, essentially let's say I target Macman, and he has a barrier, the flying robot from Chaco, and a search missile targeting him. I have a 1/4 chance to block one of those projectiles, the 4th possibility being I "miss" and no projectiles are blocked.

N0 I targeted Omis. He was a player who I felt a chance may be targeted by mafia actions, and yet I would be able to get a read on. Instead of doing random I essentially went with a player who may be target of night actions from mafia, but wasn't a highly likely investigation/protection target where it would hurt town.

N1 I targeted EE. I chose him because I felt Iggy/Wiki would be the likely investigation, and I figured Omni would be the kill after revealing his power near the end of the day, and since I predominately thought he was town as of then, I didn't want to risk him being targeted by Iggy and/or the voteblocker, and hoping I could prevent what I saw as two non-town powers from hitting someone I felt as town on the same night, and I felt that he was a solid target for them.

N2 I targeted Macman. I wasn't very suspicious of him, and felt that most people had higher suspicions, so I decided, once again thinking the vote-blocker was a mafia role to target him and hope that I could deflect the block if it targeted him.

N3 I targeted Marshy. Mac had claimed doc having protected him the night of the no kill, so I knew he was town and hence a potential target of mafia actions. I also figured Mac would be focusing on looking for the double-voter, and since I felt it looked "obvious" Rockin was DV, I felt that's where protection, and mafia kill, would be aimed. By targeting Marshy I hoped to knock away mafia powers while avoiding the felt best kill target and save target.

So, that's my claim, my targets, and my reasons for choosing each. Any questions or anything let me know, I know it's kind of an odd role, I had to ask Scav to clarify it before my first night action to make sure I knew what it did.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
My thoughts on EE/Rockin? I believe EE more right now. Firstly, Doc's generally can't self protect, so for EE to fake that you did would have been a ridiculously risky gambit. Since you confirmed he was correct N1, that makes me lean his way strongly. Also, I'm still not sure how Rockin has Marshy as visiting. Out of all the roles that have died, he's the ONLY one with a role that doesn't generally visit, as lightkeepers are usually a non-visiting role, their effect only being if killed town is anonymous the next day, I find it odd to see he saw Marshy visiting, but not Chaco who was in fact the vote-blocker. Those two things combined about their results cause me to be inclined to believe EE. I'm not entirely decided yet, but that's where I'm leaning as of now.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
also the possibility that both rockin and EE are town. thoooooooooo mafia wud have won by now. It's just weird that everyone is supporting EE's claim over rockins. maybe im overthinking this

ugh

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mac, if that was Omis' ability I doubt EE would have had it N0, which means that his results for that night are still too accurate. As I said I'm not positive yet, but that N0 watch has me leaning toward EE being real

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
People are probably buying my claim because it's a hell of a lot more logical and supported by precedent, Macman.

You posit that I'm claiming Omis's role, and yet my most substantial results were on night zero, and unless you think Scav would allow the megamafia to use an inherited ability the same night it is taken -- which presents a great deal of logistical issues that would make it convoluted and difficult to prioritize -- it's simply an impossibility. Yes, I later saw that you were targeted by MasterIggy's grenade, but I could not have guessed that you had the barrier around you night zero, especially after I learned you were a doctor. Making a gamble like that, as mentos implied, would be like blood in the water in ninety percent of mafia games.

And if you look back at my behavior on day one, it's quite consistent with that of someone who knew Macman was the target of a possibly nefarious night action.

Rockin, on the other hand, has sputtered back and forth since I first claimed. Look at his claim itself. It's structured almost identically to mine -- I'm [animal] man, and I use one of my [animal]s -- with the key differences being the potential bingo nature of it and the absence of the actual name of his projectile, which I consider a scumslip.

And even following his own logic, what he has said is absolutely rife with inconsistencies. He claims to have seen Marshy visit Wiki, and yet the Lightkeeper is not a visiting role. It doesn't make any **** sense, use your head. Since we're not in an anonymous Day right now, I presume Marshy simply had the ability to snuff out the light and that the mafia has now inherited it. Either way, a Lightkeeper has no reason to visit someone. That's like a bulletproof townie visiting someone, or a paranoid gun owner. Their ability is intrinsic to themself and has nothing to do with visitation.

Let's look at a few random snippets of unusual or shady behavior on Rockin of recent memory:

Also, I really have mixed feelings in terms of this Doc Robot guy. I mean, he just randomly appears, makes himself known instead of hiding himself off in the darkness. It's pretty odd IMO.
He tries to discredit Doc Robot with this line, and later denies having done so. Saying you have mixed feelings about someone and that his behavior is "pretty odd" is not at all the same as criticizing him for choosing to stay in the shadows. This was clearly a failed attempt to derail town trust in Doc Robot, because DR is a 100% clear townie and that is something that would scare the mafia in a tight endgame situation.

Macman, last I check, you was doing a 'Rockin Spider Mafia' thing throughout D1 and D2 with Iggy. 'OH, HE'S TOWN. I'M 80%-NO 95-NUH HUH. 99% SURE THAT IGGY IS MAFIA! WHY? BECAUSE HE PLANTED THIS **** BOMB ON ME AND IT'S SOOOOOO ANTI-TOWN' basically, your entire thing on D1 of lynching Iggy cause he put something on you that you didn't like that you wanted to lynch for.

However, I've been using logic since D1. I've carefully been looking at each player from time to time and their reactions. I have a good feeling for that EE is indeed Mafia, and if you're town, you'd vote with me, Macman.
Emphasis mine.

In this post Rockin (in the first bolded section) does his damnedest to undermine Macman's perfectly legitimate suspicions of IggyWarlord and boils them down to "he put something on you you didn't like". This is Rockin undermining our doctor -- a highly cleared townie -- shortly before Doc Robot comes out, who as another blatantly clear townie, Rockin tries to sew seeds of doubt into. How is this townie behavior?

In the second bolded section, after performing a spin job on actions past of Macman, Rockin tries to bully him into voting with him. How does this not reek of scum fishing for that single townie vote they need to alpha strike a quick lynch and win it all? "If you're town, you'd vote with me" -- he tries to make it sound like not doing so would be an antitown course of action.

Use your head, Mac. If TLI taught us anything, it's that Rockin's prime skill as scum is convincing townie's to do really stupid things that cement the scum's power base in the game. How does this not look like exactly that?

Omni revealed himself as Flash Man (or Pharaoh Man, or some other similar dude) by posting his timestop.
I don't know how Pharoh Man has anything to do or anywhere close to Flash Man at all. It's not like the power itself had any relation at all to him. If he said 'Bright Man' instead, that would've been an acceptable similarity. It seemed like EE is softly breadcrumming his nameclaim just incase the watcher idea didn't go so well/a change of plans at the near end of D3. I'm still skeptical of the nameclaim of snake man as well as how his powers work.
This is a blatant example of Rockin grasping at straws. I mentioned Pharaoh Man because he had the power to freeze time. Like Flash Man. Bright Man had powers related to light, or electricity, or something like that. This point was that Omni had displayed an ability to stop time, and I listed two robot masters that could do that. This was not breadcrumming an emergency plan at all. This point is just so completely vacant of any logic whatsoever.

Here's Rockin trying to explain seeing "Marshy" on the night that Chaco would have visited Wiki.

When Chaco died, I explained before that I assume that I could watch people who could personally visit the person I watch .
So in other words, he's saying his purported ability might not see someone who makes a visit at all, so long as they use a projectile to make their visit and don't do so personally. You know, kind of like every claim of a visiting role so far. A bit convenient isn't it? If you guys try to test him, he can say "I guess you're one of the robots I can't see when I watch your target". And this is all throwing out the completely irrational logic of watching Wiki in the first place, who was by far one of the most suspicious players in the game and thus either scum or not going to be killed.

But wait, let's see what Rockin initially claimed:

Every night, I send one of my bees to a target I choose and they hover over their head. They watch and see who visits them and then report back to me the news. I'll be able to see who they visit by their name.
Beyond the fact that this is nearly a mad-libs copy of my claim -- which he tried to say "sounded more like a tracker" in his "case" against me -- he quite specifically promises that he will get the name of any other person who visits them. Period.

In other words, he added the above qualifier (well maybe....) when called out on inconsistency, and this is in itself yet more inconsistency.

Later in his claim post Rockin said something that, on reread, really set off alarm bells for me:

This led me to believe I can only see the people themselves visiting. I'm guessing, since it's gutsman, must've chunk a rock towards Iggy and Wiki on D1 and D2 or he may have stomped the ground (but then that'd conflict with Search Man's tracking ability to see the weapons...at least, I'm assuming that's how Search Man's power work if he were still alive).
Emphasis mine.

First of all, he basically admits here that anyone using a projectile weapon (again, any claimed visitation role at present) would be completely invisible to his "watching abilities". In other words, the only person he has successfully watched visit someone, ever, was someone who shouldn't have a visiting role in the first place, and in this post right here he is positing that he can't see anything else at all. If that doesn't sound like a hot air claim I don't know what the hell to tell you. Use your head. Rockin's trying to set himself up for a free ride with these bafflign claims.

Now, look at the emphasized bold. He flat out says what Search Man's ability supposedly is. I hate to break it to him, but we don't know that. At present, our best guess is some kind of scaled-back weaker cop based on the name of Investigator. Only one type of person would know so specifically what his power was if it were tracking or anything of the sort, and that's a mafiat. Why? Because they killed him and took his power. I'm taking this as a likely scumslip. Rockin should know better than to use speculation as evidence, and thus if he actually knew what Search Man could do this is a perfectly believable brain fart I can see him divulging.

He even reaffirms it in a double post/EBWOP:

Actually, thinking on it again, I think the Tracker (Search Man) should be able to see the people he tracks like I do with who I watch.

So you have a ton of inconsistencies and possible scumslips, and a lot of this can be explained by Rockin having to, oh I don't know, pull a claim out of his ***. Rather than my very precise claim, which I made with a second window with my PMs open. Rockin has been sputtering and flailing about since he first went after me, and it's only gotten worse since he counterclaimed me, a desperation move if ever I saw one.

To me, it's clear that Rockin thought he had a rock solid way to trick his way into getting me lynched, it exploded in his face, he blubbered nonsensically for a bit, and then counterclaimed me because it was the last card he had left to play. And the result has looked exactly as rushed as I would expect it to from a scum Rockin under the knife of his own lies, digging a deeper trench around himself with every word.

I admit I haven't been following up as I should have. Being sick really sucked the stamina out of me. But that ends now. I'm ordering a pizza, and I'm going to reread this entire **** thread. I'm not done; not by a long shot.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
man EE. I really believe you, and most of the stuff you said has been going through my head. But there are things that keep me doubting. And I always have doubts as you when I'd rant to you about spidermafia

1. Everyone today believe your claim over his. I said that I was starting to believe Rockn, if Rockin was mafia I would assume that his partners would atleast be 50/50 on the issue or believe rockin over you. But none has done that. Though this is probably just because, they know rockin's chances are zero.

2. Rockin's claim is filled with inconsistencies. If he was mafia faking a claim, I'd assume hed be a little bit smarter with it. And make sure that i all checks out.

3. I also consider the possibility that investigator role reveals the full role of someone. And that you simply guessed that i protected myself knowing that I could. Which would explain how you knew it was a barrier. But I doubt scav would put that in the game.

bleh, i'm pretty sure you are what you say you are. Rockin's voting you and then trying to make me follow is hella scummy. Especially if he thought that I was one of your mafia partners.

I think i'm trying to excuse rockin's actions as being dumb instead of scum which I know I shouldn't do.

But yea, I probably shouldn't be overthinking it. Your post was very good and presented hella good arguments. So yea rockin you're scum.

EE, you think i'm town right ok. So that leaves Hando, smashy, and mentos. One of them has to be town, what are your opinions on who it is? and your opinion on their claims.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Yeah I don't want to tunnel at all, even when I have scum in my sights -- that's just 33% of the battle after all. I just really had to fight my way over this brick wall first, because Rockin left a sea of inanity and bullshit I felt compelled to wade through before touching anything else, which I'm sure is what town expected of me.

Smashman and mentos's claims both sound plausible and as far as I'm concerned the third townie is between those two, I've pretty much written Hando off as a possible townie.

However their claims also both have elements that bother me, which is why I haven't touched at them yet. I want to reread their claim posts and then their posts when the claiming in general started and really try to figure this out, because I don't like to talk out of my ***. If I had to flip the coin right this second I would say that I buy mentos's claim more than smashman's solely because having a pseudobulletproof in a game where we apparently had an invisible 100% clear townie and a doctor sounds kind of broken, even with the "I can only do it every other night" qualifier. However there's a lot that confuses the hell out of me about mentos's claim which I plan to touch on when I weigh in on their claims.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I was thinking the same thing about smashman's claim.

Didn't really know what to think about Mentos's, since his conveniently didn't mess up your or rockin results and cuz its seems like a bull**** claim that mafia would come up with. But I can see scav putting it in here and Mentos has been acting way more townie than smashman has. So I'm giving him the edge for our 3rd townie. Anyways, imma do a reread sometime this week.

I do think that hando should be the lynch for today I'll go into that more a bit later.

Everyone else: I would love to hear from you.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Guys, I think I should be honest with you now. I've been lying about my role, I've been trying to keep my role hidden from the mafia as long as possible. I even tried to get myself lynched early in the game so that the mafia wouldn't get my power and screw over everybody. But seeing as I didn't get lynched but was under constant suspicion for a while, the mafia must've thought that I would've gotten lynched and didn't bother to nightkill me.

I am Gemini Man, the doublevoter. It should've been obvious to everybody when I was questioning Doc Robot about him being the extra voter. And if everybody wants proof that I am the double voter, then I can give it to you. Macman & EE, decide who you want to lynch and vote on him. Doc Robot, please do not vote with the other two and please tell us what are all of your abilities before we lynch. Macman, you may want to protect me tonight.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
yu voted for yurself earlier in the game?

lol sounds like immense bullsht

man if you are mafia, this is some serious dumb crap you're pulling.

so this is what we're going to do. In some obscure moment when Scav is on. I want you to vote Hando, and then after Scav does the vote count, unvote him.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Wait wait wait... We have a double-voter AND doc robot? that doesn't sound entirely right to me... If you said you were the double-voter/doc robot that makes more sense, but how the hell do we have a double voter AND an extra vote that nobody knows about and appears anonymously... This doesn't add up at all>_>

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
actually lol
i think i believe smashman for now, no mafia can b this dumb to claim something that is easily proven. and hes been on docs *** about being dvoter since he came out

So smashy, is your second vote hidden. Did you vote yourself early n the game? Did you vote doc robot?

You need to prove yourself asap, so that we can confirm that you are telling the truth.

smashman90

Smash Lord
yu voted for yurself earlier in the game?
Hey, I wanted to get myself lynched so that the mafia wouldn't get my doublevoting power but in a way that wouldn't reveal myself. If I blurted out "I am a doublevoter", then you guys would've unvoted me and I would've been a big mafia target.

lol sounds like immense bullsht
Sounds like typical smashman behavior to me (did I just refer to myself in the 3rd person?).

so this is what we're going to do. In some obscure moment when Scav is on. I want you to vote Hando, and then after Scav does the vote count, unvote him.
Wouldn't my idea work better?

@ Mentos, yes I am a doublevoter and there is a doc robot (whose playing as him, I have no clue). I assumed he was just trying to keep me hidden from the mafia.

@ Macman (again)- Yes I voted on myself on D1 and yes I voted on Doc Robot. I sent a pm to Scav before I posted my true roleclaim to unvote my vote on Doc Robot. So it should be gone on the next vote count or whenever Scav tells me that he has received my PM. I wanna make sure that Scav takes off my vote on Doc before I do a doublevote. So now we just need to wait for Scav to prove my innocence.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
if you're really the doublevoter, you probably shouldn't have come out now

my way works better so we don't lynch someone. After your unvote goes through, Id still like you to vote and unvote hando.

If you are telling the truth, I don't see a way we can win unless we lynch Megaman today.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Well, Smashman's general reluctance to claim and other behavior when the subject of claiming first came up all lines up. The only thing that is bothering me is how Doc came up to cover your *** and you fought him on it, rather than allowing the deception.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
If you prove yourself, then don't worry, I got your back for today. But when mafia NK me, then I dunno whats gonna happen. We have either today or tomorrow to lynch megaman.

this megaman dynamic really makes the game alot harder =/

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
EBWOP: Especially since you admitted in your recent post that you suspected he was, in fact, protecting you, and not trying some sort of silly trick.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I mean, of course smashmans gonna be suspicious if someone comes in and claims to be the extra vote when he knows that it is actually him. Doc robot needs to do some explaining.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
You posit that I'm claiming Omis's role, and yet my most substantial results were on night zero, and unless you think Scav would allow the megamafia to use an inherited ability the same night it is taken -- which presents a great deal of logistical issues that would make it convoluted and difficult to prioritize -- it's simply an impossibility. Yes, I later saw that you were targeted by MasterIggy's grenade, but I could not have guessed that you had the barrier around you night zero, especially after I learned you were a doctor. Making a gamble like that, as mentos implied, would be like blood in the water in ninety percent of mafia games.

And if you look back at my behavior on day one, it's quite consistent with that of someone who knew Macman was the target of a possibly nefarious night action.
This is why I find Macman very suspicious. Not outting out his personal visits while confirming both N0 and N3 visits while N1 and N2 are in the dark? This is why I want Macman to really co-operate with the visits so as to help confirm things.As far as you 'guessing right' remains unclear, you are still indeed scum.

Rockin, on the other hand, has sputtered back and forth since I first claimed. Look at his claim itself. It's structured almost identically to mine -- I'm [animal] man, and I use one of my [animal]s -- with the key differences being the potential bingo nature of it and the absence of the actual name of his projectile, which I consider a scumslip.
Let's take a look at 'your role.' Whoever you watch, you can see a projectile or something of that nature. First of all, your power would be pretty useless on a field like this. The only way this becomes useful is if the person nameclaims/roleclaims and even following that, that leaves several characters to see if he's really telling the truth. Let's say you saw Macman put up his shield. Look at the list of other characters who uses shields

Woodman
Starman
Skullman
Jewelman

This is only a few I can think up by now. Now here's another example. Let's say you saw a 'Blaster' that night. You know it's Mega Man...but oh no.

Mega Man
Gemini Man

There's about at least one other who attacks with a blaster and even then, your power is pretty much useless for those like Topman, who uses themselves as a weapon. Your role power is too general and leaves others to slip into the cracks by effectivly claiming a character. However, my role basically show the name of players who visited them.

Also, even if your role was real, how is it that on N0, you saw both MACMANS's power AND Iggy's power? This means you should've been only to see Iggy's grenade on Macman and not Macman using the power himself. Sounds like a slip there, especially if you claimed 'watcher.'

And even following his own logic, what he has said is absolutely rife with inconsistencies. He claims to have seen Marshy visit Wiki, and yet the Lightkeeper is not a visiting role. It doesn't make any **** sense, use your head. Since we're not in an anonymous Day right now, I presume Marshy simply had the ability to snuff out the light and that the mafia has now inherited it. Either way, a Lightkeeper has no reason to visit someone. That's like a bulletproof townie visiting someone, or a paranoid gun owner. Their ability is intrinsic to themself and has nothing to do with visitation.
This is a semi dumb reason to look at me scummy (and possibly, the main reason on me in general). If Scav has made a edit with the power so as to make it more useful, then he possibly has. As said before, Marshy visited Iggy. I'm not sure why everyone thinks this is unlikely, especially when several game mods have been recently putting up new roles in their game. Granted, this may not be a new role, but it could be a role Scav has personally fixed up. Not sure why everyone thinks this is unlikely, especially since I posted my findings of Marshy visiting after Mentosman and Smashman spoke their take on the Lightkeeper.

He tries to discredit Doc Robot with this line, and later denies having done so. Saying you have mixed feelings about someone and that his behavior is "pretty odd" is not at all the same as criticizing him for choosing to stay in the shadows. This was clearly a failed attempt to derail town trust in Doc Robot, because DR is a 100% clear townie and that is something that would scare the mafia in a tight endgame situation.
No I didn't. I was basically wtf about it. He came out of NO WHERE, told who he was, and then basically gave his 2 cents. I was VERY very confused because I thought either Smashman or Hando were the DV. However, I listened to him a bit more and looked at everyone's reaction and I was a bit more calm with him around.

In this post Rockin (in the first bolded section) does his damnedest to undermine Macman's perfectly legitimate suspicions of IggyWarlord and boils them down to "he put something on you you didn't like". This is Rockin undermining our doctor -- a highly cleared townie -- shortly before Doc Robot comes out, who as another blatantly clear townie, Rockin tries to sew seeds of doubt into. How is this townie behavior?

In the second bolded section, after performing a spin job on actions past of Macman, Rockin tries to bully him into voting with him. How does this not reek of scum fishing for that single townie vote they need to alpha strike a quick lynch and win it all? "If you're town, you'd vote with me" -- he tries to make it sound like not doing so would be an antitown course of action.

It wasn't perfect. Macman was going 'LOL I'M TOWN! I'M ALWAYS TOWN. LYNCH IGGY' constantly. It made me wonder if he was really telling the truth or not. His whole reaction was basically him going off like I did in N1 on MexicanBJ. Unlike Macman, I had the personal chance to kill Mexican (who was replaced by warioman) and was really hoping I was just panicking. But alas, he wasn't, I shot him with a big post (that Maf took advantage of), and warioman/mexican was town. Go me =/

At the time (probably still is. really debating atm), I wasn't convinced Macman was town at all, especially how your 'investigations' went along with Macman not sharing his visits. And it would be a bit anti-town IMO, especially since your visits are all just wrong.

Use your head, Mac. If TLI taught us anything, it's that Rockin's prime skill as scum is convincing townie's to do really stupid things that cement the scum's power base in the game. How does this not look like exactly that?
That's what you think. My prime skills in that Mafia game was to be smart and use logical choices. Instead of doing the most obvious choice, you do the more logical choice. It's Junglefever's fault for falling for the manipulation move I did on him. Others possibly falling for the same thing may vary, but making others do stupid things isn't my prime skill.

On N2, after hearing Tom claim tracker, I roleblocked NO one in that night and went for the kill of Frozenflame. Tom tracked me that night and confronted me, where I was in the perfect situation to claim as Roleblocker (cause you know, I'd been ****ed if I roleblocked someone). I survived that night and I began to make sure my other members stood out of spotlight from that moment on. So yeah, nice try, EE.

This is a blatant example of Rockin grasping at straws. I mentioned Pharaoh Man because he had the power to freeze time. Like Flash Man. Bright Man had powers related to light, or electricity, or something like that. This point was that Omni had displayed an ability to stop time, and I listed two robot masters that could do that. This was not breadcrumming an emergency plan at all. This point is just so completely vacant of any logic whatsoever.
He DOES NOT have the power to freeze time. Pharoh Man had the power to throw mystical energy balls at Mega Man. Not freeze time. That's why I saw it as a 'backup nameclaim' plan.

Here's Rockin trying to explain seeing "Marshy" on the night that Chaco would have visited Wiki.

So in other words, he's saying his purported ability might not see someone who makes a visit at all, so long as they use a projectile to make their visit and don't do so personally. You know, kind of like every claim of a visiting role so far. A bit convenient isn't it? If you guys try to test him, he can say "I guess you're one of the robots I can't see when I watch your target". And this is all throwing out the completely irrational logic of watching Wiki in the first place, who was by far one of the most suspicious players in the game and thus either scum or not going to be killed.
Really, it's something that I can't personally explain. If I saw Chaco actually visited Iggy on D1, then I probably would've been more calm after he got day killed by wiki. But yeah, I can't really explain this one. It just seems like the night roles work differently on some players.

Beyond the fact that this is nearly a mad-libs copy of my claim -- which he tried to say "sounded more like a tracker" in his "case" against me -- he quite specifically promises that he will get the name of any other person who visits them. Period.

In other words, he added the above qualifier (well maybe....) when called out on inconsistency, and this is in itself yet more inconsistency.
I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Getting the names of people is more effective and reliable then getting the possible flavors of each of those that visits that same person. Again, your powers (if they're even 'yours') are too general where as mine is a bit more specific.

First of all, he basically admits here that anyone using a projectile weapon (again, any claimed visitation role at present) would be completely invisible to his "watching abilities". In other words, the only person he has successfully watched visit someone, ever, was someone who shouldn't have a visiting role in the first place, and in this post right here he is positing that he can't see anything else at all. If that doesn't sound like a hot air claim I don't know what the hell to tell you. Use your head. Rockin's trying to set himself up for a free ride with these bafflign claims.
I said 'I believe,' because I'm not really sure myself. I should see all that targets the said person I'm watching, but there's the event of N1 and D3, which I can't really explain at all. I should be able to see both projectiles and personal visits, but then there's Chaco's gutsman, to which he's possibly the only exception to my power.

Now, look at the emphasized bold. He flat out says what Search Man's ability supposedly is. I hate to break it to him, but we don't know that. At present, our best guess is some kind of scaled-back weaker cop based on the name of Investigator. Only one type of person would know so specifically what his power was if it were tracking or anything of the sort, and that's a mafiat. Why? Because they killed him and took his power. I'm taking this as a likely scumslip. Rockin should know better than to use speculation as evidence, and thus if he actually knew what Search Man could do this is a perfectly believable brain fart I can see him divulging.
I'm basically bashing off to that cracker-jack power you claim to have.

Top Bottom