• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MegaMafia | Day 4 - Mafia wins!

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Welcome to Megamafia! The "Mega" refers to Megaman, not because I love the series (I do, but not in a "omg I love it so much I have to host a mafia game for it" way), but because it's core mechanic lends itself awesomely well to this.

How so, you ask?

Whenever Megaman (and by extension, the Mafia) kill one of the 8 Master Robots, he gets their power. Of course, this also means everyone will have a power.

There are other surprises in store, but I can't reveal those yet. As Mafia games go, I vastly prefer good scumhunting (and lying) to bingo nightactions. Every player will have a little juice to them, but the emphasis, as always, is on your wit and logic. Just don't let Megaman himself survive for too long...

First, the basics:

The following links may help new players become acquainted with the game:
Newbie Guide: Introduction for new players.
Basic Rules: Reading these rules, along with the game's specific rules, will help you understand the game.
Common Roles: Includes a description of the roles both commonly and uncommonly found in Mafia.
Smashboards Mafia Archives: This archive includes examples of past Mafia games in Decisive Games.

Fundamentals:
1. Have fun, and do not ruin the fun for others.
2. Unless your role states otherwise, no communication about the game is allowed outside of this thread.
3. a) No quoting mod PMs, or faking a quoted mod PM (including pictures). Not even partial quoting.
3. b) You are allowed to quote mod PMs privately to any member that you are allowed to communicate with outside this thread.
4. Editing your posts is not allowed.

Game specific stuff/rules:

No communicating with any other people regardless of whether they are playing or not, and regardless of whether they are dead, or what have you. This constitutes cheating, unless of course, you have a role that specifies that you are able to communicate with others. In which case I'd like the logs, just for my personal amusement.

Important note to make things very clear - Some Mafia games (maybe this one, maybe not) have roles and events that involve eliminated players. If you are eliminated, do not talk to anyone about the game. If you are mafia, do not brag to eliminated players. I know, I know, it's hard.

Voting and Lynching:
5. All votes must be bolded (Vote: Tom)
6. When changing your vote, you must unvote your previous vote before you revote. (Unvote Vote: M3D)
7. A lynch will occur when a majority has been reached. Day will end with a lynch.
7a. Have you read this far? Good! When you sign up, be sure to mention how there isn't a secret word in this post. Maybe I forgot? Maybe I trust you? Who knows.
8. You may vote for a 'no lynch' if desired. If a majority of the players in the game vote for to no lynch, the game will progress to night without a lynch.
9. If the deadline hits and a majority has not been found, the player with the most votes will be lynched.
10. In the event of a tie, the first player to reach that number of votes will be lynched.
11. If a lynch occurs, then the game enters ‘twilight,' where all live players apart from the player who has been lynched are allowed to freely converse (but not allowed to cast any votes) until I post a death scene.
12. Once you are dead (flavor has been posted), you are allowed to make one final "bah go town/scum!" post, but nothing of substance.

Activity and Deadline:
13. This game will have a deadline of 2 weeks per day phase. Extensions will be given depending on the circumstances, such as an 11th-hour replacement. Extensions for any other reason will require extensive flattery to be given to the handsome game mod.
14. Treat this game as a commitment. You are requested to post at least once every 72 hours. Failure to do so will result in a prod. 3 prods in one Game Day, or 5 prods in the entire game, will result in your replacement if it is D1 or D2, and your modkill if it is D3 or later.
15. If you are unable to participate for a period longer than 72 hours, please PM me or post in thread.

The Rest:
16. Night actions are to be sent to me via PM. If your Night Action is not in by the Night Action deadline, you don't perform one. Please, PM it. I'd love to listen to your crazy Master Robot Plan over AIM, but that's it.

About this game
A few quick things to note about the mod. Unlike other games, you will know the ratio of players from the outset. This is not an "open" game, however - you won't know what roles are in the game at the outset. That's for your detectivework to figure out.

This game is designed for 12 people. There are 8 master robots, 3 Megamafia and 1 independent. There is no jester. Jesters are lame, and anybody who has ever won as a jester is lame. Especially you.

For the flavor inclined, this game will be using only Megaman 1-9 as reference.

As said before, when Megaman kills a master robot, he gains their power. Take him out early, if you can find him.

Assuming the roster fills up in a timely manner, the game will begin at 12:01pm Friday, central time.

Good luck!

Signups
1. EE

6. Macman
7. Smashman
8. Rockin

11. Handorin
12. Mentosman

Eliminated players:
5. Omis (Search Man, DWN-061, Wily Investigator) — Killed N0
3. Omni (Flash Man, DWN-014, Wily Timekeeper) — Killed N1
9. Ignatius (Grenade Man, DWN-063, Wily Bomber) — Lynched D2
4. Chaco (Guts Man, DRN-004, Wily Voteblocker) — Killed D3
10. Wikipedia (Proto Man, DRN-000, Independent Survivor Vigilante) — Lynched D3
2. Marshy (Shadow Man, DWN-024, Wily Lightkeeper) — Killed N3

Replacements
1. Marshy - replaced Xsyven
2. Ignatius - replaced MasterWarlord
3. Kirbyoshi
4. Junglefever
5. Riddle
6. [strike]Tom[/strike]
7. Florida
8. Ronike
9. Xace-k

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
But, wait, by not having a secret phrase and telling us to point out as much, you in fact have a secret phrase.

And by that, I mean I am so in this.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Scav said:
anybody who has ever won as a jester is lame. Especially you.
:(

Also, I thought there would be a secret word, but there wasn't. Sign me up, Scav!

WOO, **** YEAH, NOT A REPLACEMENT!

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I'm so in. I love Megaman.

Hopefully this will be more active as well.

Edit: No secret word = secret phrase? Doubt it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I'm in! And can you please put Omis down as well? He's missed the last few, and I don't want that to occur again. If not, it's okay. No secret word, lol.

Omis

my friends were skinny
Thanks for the message Chaco. I wasnt planning on getting on today but I got an email from SWF saying the contents of your message
<3 Chaco

Sign me up.
Im SO glad there isnt a secret message. That would have screwed me over if I missed it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Thanks for the message Chaco. I wasnt planning on getting on today but I got an email from SWF saying the contents of your message
<3 Chaco

Sign me up.
Im SO glad there isnt a secret message. That would have screwed me over if I missed it.
No problemo Omis.

Ronike

Smash Ace
*sigh* I resolve to get back in one of these, and the next one fills in an hour... Darn it. Well, sign me up as a replacement I guess

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Whoops, I combined you and Mentosman. Well that's confusing.

Marshy, unfortunately that means the 12th spot was already taken. Would you like to be a replacement, or removed?

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Might as well get the ball rolling 12:01 tonight!

Or would you say tomorrow? Tomorrow night? Tomorrow morning?

Hm.

Tom

Bulletproof Doublevoter
BRoomer
I'm still on vacation. Last I knew, you had agreed to hold me a spot in the sign-ups because of my V/LA. I understand that allowing and disallowing private reservations is your perogative as a moderator but it would have been nice to know that you had changed your mind.

Nevertheless, I will sign up as a replacement since the game is full. There is no special secret phrase required.

Also, since I'm on my phone and my modcp access is limited, I will remind you to IP check everyone new to be sure they are not the same person.

Ronike

Smash Ace
Wow, nice trick... there is no secret word... Replace if there is room...

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Scavie, for whomever gets Megaman...

I'll be very disappointed if the murder flavor doesn't say

YOU GOT...

[thing]
!!!

With [thing] being colored to suit whatever was stolen.

EDIT: Let's not go overboard too soon with the new crowd, though. Let's not forget that Spider-Manfia and TLI were held together with ducttape. Best to let it grow a bit more.

Top Bottom