• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MegaMafia | Day 4 - Mafia wins!

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, why are you suggesting we discuss Mac only posting in caps Xsy? Really can't help us at all to speculate, especially since if it's a posting restriction, they usually are in effect on townies.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah, unless he's faking it Mentos. ISTR Marshy faking a post restriction in TLI.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Unvote

And with that, I say we end the RVS. That was fun. Now let's think of reasons as to why Macman can only post in caps.
Unovte

At first I thought he was drunk.

Anyway, I'm not sure what's up with the caps. Does he normally also typo like that?

I'd say we're dealing with some kind of malfunctioning robot.

Omni

BRoomer
Or he could be faking it so... yeah, like Mentos said, I don't really see a point in starting there.

So where do we start?

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
However Chaco, there's no need to discuss it this early unless he suddenly stops doing it. Right now post restrictions, real or fake, should not be our topic of discussion.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Yeah, unless he's faking it Mentos. ISTR Marshy faking a post restriction in TLI.
He never faked one in TLI mafia. He might have done it briefly (which points to no restriction, obviously), but not the whole game.

Chaco

Never Logs In
I didn't read through it, I was basing it off of Tom's end game shout outs

Tom said:
@Marshy: Very convincing fake posting restriction, it was top notch compared to the ones I've done, so either you put a lot more thought into them than I do or you are just a natural at this game. I think it is both.
Anyways, you are correct, Mentos.

Chaco

Never Logs In
And Omni, yes. Mac does commonly typo quite a bit.

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Also, why are you suggesting we discuss Mac only posting in caps Xsy? Really can't help us at all to speculate, especially since if it's a posting restriction, they usually are in effect on townies.
Because talking about something that's actually of substance is much better than the RVS. :3

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I feel that not only it's too early to post whether macman has a restriction or not, but restrictions in general. We'll just have to wait and see future posts from him, if anything. for all we know, he could be doing it for lulz

main case point here... our investigator pretty much died before D1 even started. I guess we should figure out how many we're actually facing in terms of mega bots.

unvote

Xsyven

And how!
BRoomer
Investigator could mean any number of things-- so hopefully we still have an actual cop.

I dunno. Best not fish them out if we do, yeah?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Rockin, he gave a pre-determined number in the first post. 8 Master Robots, 3 MegaMafia, and 1 Independent.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Also, Xsyven. Search Man's specific ability was Homing Sniper. I suggest you go to Wikipedia and type in "Robot Master" search for Search Man (Lol) and read about his ability and see what we can come up with. It may be that there is a cop and he was a different type based on his ability. Remember though, Scav's warning for not being to dependent on powers. Do not know what exactly he means by this, however what I came up with was the basis of Mega Man. It was fashioned over a Rock-Paper-Scissors type of style. I believe this is what he means.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Uh, quick hits.

NL this early? Wiki, I'm going to give you the benefit of the doubt and assume you were playing a ton of epicmafia (NL D1 is a pseudo-guarantee in that game) in your absence from SWF. If that is not the case, explain yourself.

@Mentos: I agree it's fruitless to talk posting restrictions right now, as that hovers dangerously close to "hey let's point out something and draw attention to a likely townie". However because of the latter two words I used there ("likely townie"), fake posting restrictions aren't a bad idea for a ballsy mafiat. Also, food for thought: In the BRoom we had an indy survivor in TMNT mafia who had a posting restriction. So let's not go scratching Mac off the list yet. With that said, discussing posting restrictions right now is fruitless and dumb. It comes up every time someone appears to have one and really is an avenue that we won't get anything out of. Either he slips up and we catch him (and as proven by Marshy a few times, even townies try to fake posting restrictions), or he doesn't and it's... legit. Either way, what have we learned by discussing it? Nada. File it away, take note of it, but don't hijack the thread to talk about it because it's just wasting valuable time.

Macman may make typos quite a bit, Chaco, but they are nothing to the degree he's shown here. This is almost comical. In one sentence he spells terrible correctly and in the corresponding one he butchers and sodomizes it on the side of the road. Omni was, I feel, clearly asking whether he mistypes like that, and he doesn't. You've misled him. I don't like that.

Right now I'd like to talk about Wiki's proposed NL. Thoughts? At present I'm going with "out of the loop". Other, more sinister possibilities may exist, but at any rate, proposing an NL on the literal first day of the first Day is. Y'know. Stupid. It's a bad idea to suggest it for any allignment, though, so we can't let that cloud our judgment. What's the source of a statement like that?

Handorin

Smash Hero
NLs are always a possibility to consider. We've had to do it in a few recent games (like normal mafia (but I pushed that since I had my own agenda. =D)) We don't really need to think about it until near the end of the day though.

It's basically a fall out for:
1) We can't get a majority because we are split on 2 people
2) Seemingly fruitless discussion

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
**** all you ninjas.

Xsy: I've put forth a juicier thing to discuss, I think. And yes, I think anyone that is literate noticed the use of the word "investigator", not cop, so yes, I think we're all crossing our fingers for another cop/investigator. But um, why did you go and point that out? In your own words, best not to fish them out. We've got like a fifty percent newbie cast here, which means good odds for at least one or two newbies on the mafia roster, which means the possibility of that being overlooked was significant. Which means, uh, don't talk about stuff like that! How many times have I had this rant in SWFMafia? Don't speculate about what we might have left! At least, not unless you've got a plan of action that is based around appealing to them.

That goes to you too, Chaco!

@Hando: I like the cut of your jib. But I'm actually trying to look at WHY Wiki would suggest such a thing. Joke? Maybe. I have my doubts, but it is the RVS, after all.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Think of Spidey though Hando. The only successful lynch was on a Jester. NL is always an option, but shouldn't be suggested a few hours into D1.

Also, EE, that was not intentional. I didn't read the "like that", and was basing it off of how Mac normally does typo.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Think of Spidey though Hando. The only successful lynch was on a Jester. NL is always an option, but shouldn't be suggested a few hours into D1.

Also, EE, that was not intentional. I didn't read the "like that", and was basing it off of how Mac normally does typo.
That wasn't even successful. LOL

and we did it twice.

Chaco

Never Logs In
@EE: The RVS doesn't have a time to it, it can be one post or 4 pages+. I would not pass it off in the RVS category at this point.

Omni

BRoomer
Omni was, I feel, clearly asking whether he mistypes like that, and he doesn't. You've misled him. I don't like that.
This.

The reason why I asked was because his typos seemed too deliberate. Nearly each letter that that is typed incorrectly is the letter directly LEFT of the correct letter. A consistent pattern of typos of that nature would suggest it is not a typo at all.

As EE said, it's a good idea to place his issue on the backburner for now, but not to be forgotten.

What is RVS?

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Hey, did anyone noticed we only had one kill, even though there is a indie in our mist? Cause I sure as hell did

Omni

BRoomer
Hey, did anyone noticed we only had one kill, even though there is a indie in our mist? Cause I sure as hell did
An independent doesn't mean an SK, if that's what you're suggesting.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
An independent doesn't mean an SK, if that's what you're suggesting.
I've always considered a indie = a sk, so yeah lol

but of course, there are indies that doesn't have to kill, like in spider mafia or Totally Normal Mafia

Omni

BRoomer
I've always considered a indie = a sk, so yeah lol

but of course, there are indies that doesn't have to kill, like in spider mafia or Totally Normal Mafia
I haven't played much Mafia up until this point, but there are several independent roles that don't kill such as a Survivor as an example.

I believe it is safe to assume that there isn't an SK simply due to the result of Night 0's single death and because having an SK could potentially force Day 1 to begin with 2 dead townies, which is silly.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
God. I Still Get Here On The First (real Life) Day Of This Thing Opening, And There's Already 8 Pages? Bah. I Wouldn't Know How Fast Forum Mafia Games Go.

We Should Wait To Decide For A No Lynch Until The Last Second. Who Knows, Mafia Could Mess Up, Eventually. Let's Let This Play Out.

Nobody Seems Particularly Suspicious Yet, But There Are A Few Who Still Haven't Posted, It Seems, So We'll Just Have To Wait And See What Other Crap The People Have Set On Them.

Macman's Doing A Good Job Of Making His Posting Restriction Less Blatantly Obvious (unlike Myself). . .short Posts Filled With Mad Smiley Faces, And What Not. Like Rockin Said, He Could Just Be Doing It For The Lulz Or Be Drunk Or Something, Or So He'd Like Us To Think.

So Either Macman's An Idiot (unlikely), Or He's Simply Trying To Give Off The Impression He Doesn't Have A Posting Restriction When He Actually Does.

Or Rather, That's What I Thought, Until I Realized It Is Rather Doubtful That Two People Would Have The Same Posting Restriction. . .

theres Every Eole You Can Imagine
Notice That Last Uncapital Letter Of The Sentence There? He's Obviously Faking It.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
And now that I've posted my message I get to realize that SWF auto un-capitalizes entirely capitalized messages. Joy of joys. I'd edit my post, but, y'know, that's against the rules. . .

So that'd explain his single uncapital letter in that one post, obviously. So it seems neither of us have a posting restriction, cause I failed to do mine properly because of the limitations of SWF and he also failed his. So we both faked posting restrictions. Brilliant.

Kill me if you must, I don't particularly give a d*mn, but do me a favor and kill Macman afterwards once you realize I'm just another one of you lot.

(God I suck at mafia. Yes, the previous message was originally entirely in caps. D*mn you SWF.)

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Hey hey hey, no need to hack yourself yet Master Warlord (or even give up). >>;;

In anycase, I also noticed that the first letter of 'there' isn't capped. While that could mean he could be faking it, again it's too early to tell really.

It seems nearly everyone posted (except Smashman >> ).

Omni

BRoomer
God I suck at mafia.
I don't like this sentence. And I can't make heads nor tails of what you just said despite reading it a few times. I do know that I don't like what you have to say.

Rockin: At this point, I think we should stop concentrating on Mac's possible posting restriction. EE and I have already said why.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Unvote

And with that, I say we end the RVS. That was fun. Now let's think of reasons as to why Macman can only post in caps.
ARE YOU SRS, WOW LIKE WOOOOOOW I HAVENT EVEN READ THE REST OF THE THREAD YET BUT WOOW GG

VOTE: XSY

WOOOOOW
:psycho:

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
STOP ACTING LIKE YOU ARE WILLING TO LYNCH ME. BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS IM NEVER MAFIA :mad:

REALLY GOOD FIRST FEW POSTS/PAGES THO, I FEEL LIKE I GOT A GOOOD SENSE OF 2 PEOPLE THAT MAY BE SCUM.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Well, we've certainly got lower hanging fruit than Wiki's premature ejaculation of the NL sperm, now.

I'm distressed by MasterWarlord's post for a very obvious reason -- he tries to incriminate Macman within his post. And he does this by saying he finds it hard to believe that two people would have the same posting restriction? Well, so do I. So does anybody that's reasonable and logical.

Do you realize what you've done there? You've basically leaned on Mac's lynch through faking a posting restriction when you don't even have a posting restriction, much less the one you presume to be Macman's. I certainly hope I'm not the only person that is... deeply, deeply bothered by this.

That whole "I don't give two frigs if you lynch me" or "go ahead and lynch me, I don't care, just make sure you look at ____" card has been played before. Y'know.. by mafia. It's the ultimate cover, or so many would think -- look like you don't care about being lynched and you're sooooo town mirite eh eh eh?

Unvote because I really don't like what MasterWarlord has just said and done. Not voting because it's stupidly early to do so.

@Everyone: Please weigh in on this most current event.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
eeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeehhh....

Maybe Macman needs a extra day... =_= or this could actually be him posting.

anyone has any idea what to make of Macman thus far? >>;;

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
oH, I JUST REALIZED YOU GUYS MAY NOT KNOW WHY I'M VOTING XSY. BUT I HAVE A LEGIT REASON, AND WE SHOULD LYNCH HIM TODAY. TAKE MY WORD FOR IT SINCE I'M ALWAYS TOWN.

Top Bottom