• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MegaMafia | Day 4 - Mafia wins!

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I'm more obliged to ignore MasterWarlord on the account that his post scream for attention.

As I said earlier, I don't like it. Not because it seems scummy but because it leaves a bad taste in my mouth. I'm withholding a vote on him because he seems to crave a lynch, but I'm not ignoring the possibility that he may be doing this on purpose.

"God I suck at Mafia." I really, really dislike this statement.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
ROCKIN, I AM NOT IN ANY WAY UNDER THE INFLUENCE. MASTERWARLORD, i DON'T UNDERSTAND WHAT YOU JUST DID.

HAHAHHAAA LOL THIS GAME IS FUNNY SO FAR.
I'M OK WITH LYNCHING EITHER XSY OR THE WARLORD

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
AND THERE ARE NO JESTERs IN THIS GAME. I'm PRETTY SURE THAT WAS IN THE OP.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Right, there are no jesters in this game. Which is why Macman's behavior is baffling -- to say the least -- and why I expect a better explanation from Omni than laying off of Warlock because he "seems to crave a lynch". If you truly believe he craves a lynch in a game where the GM confirmed there is no role that would do require as much to win, you're making a pretty heady accusation, especially when Warlock's attitude in the face of "hand in the cookie jar" has so closely mirrored many a mafioso.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Okay, in terms of things

I don't know what's up exactly with Master Warlord's posts. He points out Macman possibly faking it..only for him to fake it? I don't know what that may have accomplished, really.

Then there's Macman's post. Again, not sure what to really make of it. Tell me, why do you want to lynch xsyven and Master warlord?

Wiki, you've still have yet to answer why you want a NL on Day 1 and so early upon the discussion.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I'm still having difficulty thinking of a townie reason to fake a posting restriction that is the same or similar to how you perceive someone else's supposed posting restriction and using that as the fulcrum of a post where you point the ol' FoS at them. I don't know what to make of it, but it stinks right to hell. Lyncher and lyncher target comes to mind. And there are, of course, more sinister ways to read the situation.

And yes, I'd like to hear more from Macman, who seems to be playing the game like a 4channer.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Unvote because I really don't like what MasterWarlord has just said and done. Not voting because it's stupidly early to do so.
THERE REALLY ISN'T A REASON NOT TO VOTE THIS EARLY, ESPECIALLY IF YOU'rE THE FIRST VOTE ON SOMEONE. VOTING HELPS DISCUSSION MOVE ALONG.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Um, I'm aware of that. But I've already directed my suspicions at Warlord and said that his posts stink to hell for me. I would think that that also moves discussion along.

I'm a guy that makes votes after a mostly sound deducement is formed. Pressure voting doesn't do it for me. If Warlord doesn't answer my concerns adequately, I'll consider it scummy.

Chaco

Never Logs In
God. I Still Get Here On The First (real Life) Day Of This Thing Opening, And There's Already 8 Pages? Bah. I Wouldn't Know How Fast Forum Mafia Games Go.

We Should Wait To Decide For A No Lynch Until The Last Second. Who Knows, Mafia Could Mess Up, Eventually. Let's Let This Play Out.

Nobody Seems Particularly Suspicious Yet, But There Are A Few Who Still Haven't Posted, It Seems, So We'll Just Have To Wait And See What Other Crap The People Have Set On Them.

Macman's Doing A Good Job Of Making His Posting Restriction Less Blatantly Obvious (unlike Myself). . .short Posts Filled With Mad Smiley Faces, And What Not. Like Rockin Said, He Could Just Be Doing It For The Lulz Or Be Drunk Or Something, Or So He'd Like Us To Think.

So Either Macman's An Idiot (unlikely), Or He's Simply Trying To Give Off The Impression He Doesn't Have A Posting Restriction When He Actually Does.

Or Rather, That's What I Thought, Until I Realized It Is Rather Doubtful That Two People Would Have The Same Posting Restriction. . .

Notice That Last Uncapital Letter Of The Sentence There? He's Obviously Faking It.
Warlord, he is most likely using the un capitalized letter as a way to bypass the cap filter. He was using the mad face previously, and I believe that is what he has opted to do now. Also, I don't like you pretty much just blatantly calling Mac an idiot.

And now that I've posted my message I get to realize that SWF auto un-capitalizes entirely capitalized messages. Joy of joys. I'd edit my post, but, y'know, that's against the rules. . .

So that'd explain his single uncapital letter in that one post, obviously. So it seems neither of us have a posting restriction, cause I failed to do mine properly because of the limitations of SWF and he also failed his. So we both faked posting restrictions. Brilliant.

Kill me if you must, I don't particularly give a d*mn, but do me a favor and kill Macman afterwards once you realize I'm just another one of you lot.

(God I suck at mafia. Yes, the previous message was originally entirely in caps. D*mn you SWF.)
The bottom is a textbook Appeal to Emotion.

Hey hey hey, no need to hack yourself yet Master Warlord (or even give up). >>;;

In anycase, I also noticed that the first letter of 'there' isn't capped. While that could mean he could be faking it, again it's too early to tell really.

It seems nearly everyone posted (except Smashman >> ).
I really dunno why Smash joined at all. He opted out of TNM then joined this like a day or so later. I've seen him look at this thread twice or more.

STOP ACTING LIKE YOU ARE WILLING TO LYNCH ME. BECAUSE EVERYONE KNOWS IM NEVER MAFIA :mad:

REALLY GOOD FIRST FEW POSTS/PAGES THO, I FEEL LIKE I GOT A GOOOD SENSE OF 2 PEOPLE THAT MAY BE SCUM.
oH, I JUST REALIZED YOU GUYS MAY NOT KNOW WHY I'M VOTING XSY. BUT I HAVE A LEGIT REASON, AND WE SHOULD LYNCH HIM TODAY. TAKE MY WORD FOR IT SINCE I'M ALWAYS TOWN.
Okay, Mac. I'm getting two major things from you.

1) That your style of posting is a red herring.
and
2) "I'm always town", "I'm never mafia" I'm gonna have to agree with EE, that it is almost like a 4channer, lol.

Also, as far as Warlord goes. He is the most suspicious to me so far. He messes up, realizes he has then plays an Appeal to Emotion.

FoS: Warlord

Chaco

Never Logs In
Oh yes, TONS of epicmafia. Don't worry, if I was serious about no lynch I would have voted no lynch.
Wiki, how do you feel about Warlord? You seemed to have skipped over the current discussion.

Also looking at Warlord's post more. He says Mac is trying to make his restriction less obvious. How in the hell is typing in all caps not obvious? As well as pointing out his own "restriction" himself.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Right, there are no jesters in this game. Which is why Macman's behavior is baffling -- to say the least -- and why I expect a better explanation from Omni than laying off of Warlock because he "seems to crave a lynch". If you truly believe he craves a lynch in a game where the GM confirmed there is no role that would do require as much to win, you're making a pretty heady accusation, especially when Warlock's attitude in the face of "hand in the cookie jar" has so closely mirrored many a mafioso.
That's the confusing part. He puts his hand in the cookie jar then immediately confesses to everyone that he did without at least waiting to see if anyone noticed. It is really hard to believe that all of that was accidental. I also only realized after my post that the Jester isn't in this game.

Also, just because he "seems to crave a lynch" wasn't my only explanation. As Chaco said, I was also uncomfortable with his Appeal to Emotion statement. which was clearly made in both my post. I don't like how you only include one aspect of my explanations and omit the rest.

I'd also like to hear everyone else's take on Warlord's strange post, including himself.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
Not wasting countless hours on a 10 man community
Honestly, I made that post late at night. I don't know what the hell I was thinking. But seriously, I'd lynch me too at this point, so feel free. There is no jester, I'm just a blatant idiot. Fascinating. Best first mafia game ever, eh?

Now, what with Macman trying to act like an angry 4 Channer, he's obviously trying to hide the fact he has his posting restriction and just come off as an idiot to avoid attention.

Now - here's where things get really daring. Evil Eye was defending/drawing attention away from Macman indirectly earlier by saying discussing posting restrictions this early was pointless. If Macman is indeed Mafia, I'm largely willing to bet Evil Eye is also. Not that my opinion matters right now since I'm far more suspicious (I'd lynch me, that mistake was absolutely pathetic), but remember it.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Yeah, you really need to stop flinging the Appeals to Emotion.

Alright, uhm, what happened to your supposed post restriction? He cannot hide posting in all caps, and acting like an idiot will not avoid attention it will attract it.

No, no, no. And for the love of god stop flinging AtE's.

Policy, Unvote; Vote: MasterWarlord

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I DON't GET THE 4CHAN REFERENCES. I SAY I'M NOT MAFIA CUZ I'M NOT MAFIA AND REPEATEDLY SAYING IT IN ALL CAPS LOOKS/SOUNDS MAAD OBNOXIOUS AND MAKES ME LAUGH.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
k I JUST GOT THE CLEAR FROM SCAV.

MY POST RESTRICTION IS SOMETHING SOMEONE GAVE ME FROM A NIGHT ACTION. IT HAS NOTHING TO DO WITH MY ROLE OR CHARACTER. SO THE IDEA THAT XSY SEEMED TO KNOW IMMEDIATELY THAT I WAS FORCED TO TYPE IN ALL CAPS GIVES ME THE SENSE THAT HE KNEW ABOUT IT. ESPECIALLY SINCE MY POSTS PRIOR TO THAT COULD HAVE EASILY BEEN JUST ME BEING ******** AND NOT HAVING TO POST IN ALL CAPS. I JUST THINK IT IS INCREDIBLY ODD THAT HE WAS SO QUICK TO SUGGEST THAT I HAD A POSTING RESTRICTION.

BUT THENNN WE CAN BRING UP THE WHOLE WIFOM PART OF IT. WOULD MAFIA WHO PLACED THIS RESTRICTION ON ME REALLY BE THE FIRST TO TALK ABOUT IT/SUGGEST THE IDEA. IT JUST DOESN'T SEEM SMART.

SO YEA

Chaco

Never Logs In
Thanks for clearing that up Mac. But you have to remember what Scav posted in the OP. Each Master Robot has a power. And I believe we need to state this now:

Do NOT claim, do NOT heavily breadcrumb, and do NOT name claim. Mega Man will pick us off by powers. Kinda stating the obvious but no one has said it yet so I might as well.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I agree with Chaco, enough of the emotional appeals already>_> Now, as to Warlords posts, the first was strange, accusing Mac over his posting restriction possibly being faked while faking one himself, then admitting he faked moments after.

On his newer posts, there are a couple things that bug me. The repeated "feel free to lynch me" first of all. There's no jester, we know this, but it almost seems as if he is pushing his willingness to be lynched, which may be his way of making us think he's town when he's not. More importantly, it irks me that I was the first to state that talking about potential restrictions was bad, and Omni and Chaco both posted agreeing with me, as well as Rockin mentioning it was too early to consider talking about it, all before EE's post, yet you call EE in particular out of the 5 who said so. By the point you make that comment, it was clear several people thought it was a bad path to walk down. So why cast suspicion on someone for pointing that out.

And now off to work, be back later.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I DON't GET THE 4CHAN REFERENCES.
I think he means you're acting stupid.

Okay, here's my thought on so far.

For the moment, I don't think we should lynch either Macman or Warlord for the moment. I've yet to see anything truly suspicious. Like Mac said, he could have gotten hit by a night action. And while Master Warlord's post seems strange and emotional, it doesn't seem to warrent a lynch much, especially if it sounds like he's just giving up. Who signs up in a game with enthusiasm only to get emo and such a few post later in the actual game? >>

So far, I only have two suspects in mind

Xsyven, who decides to want to talk about Macman's 'all caps' sentences at the very beginning of the discussion. Nevermind him crossing the fact that Macman could've just been fooling around. It just seemed like he knew what happen and is quickly trying to put blame on him. If he were to just ask Macman 'yo, why are you in caps like that?' I would've been less suspicious because he was just being curious, like all of us were.

Now, the next one is truly obvious as to why I have suspicions on him

Vote: Smashman

Discussion has started and he has yet to say a thing. according to a look on his recent post, he was only able to make one post after discussion has started. He could've at least made some kind of small post saying that he'd catch up. I'm probably just being too sensitive on it, but still...

In anycase, I have to go to work. Will be back later

Chaco

Never Logs In

Okay, here's my thought on so far.

For the moment, I don't think we should lynch either Macman or Warlord for the moment. I've yet to see anything truly suspicious. Like Mac said, he could have gotten hit by a night action. And while Master Warlord's post seems strange and emotional, it doesn't seem to warrent a lynch much, especially if it sounds like he's just giving up. Who signs up in a game with enthusiasm only to get emo and such a few post later in the actual game? >>

So far, I only have two suspects in mind

Xsyven, who decides to want to talk about Macman's 'all caps' sentences at the very beginning of the discussion. Nevermind him crossing the fact that Macman could've just been fooling around. It just seemed like he knew what happen and is quickly trying to put blame on him. If he were to just ask Macman 'yo, why are you in caps like that?' I would've been less suspicious because he was just being curious, like all of us were.

Now, the next one is truly obvious as to why I have suspicions on him

Discussion has started and he has yet to say a thing. according to a look on his recent post, he was only able to make one post after discussion has started. He could've at least made some kind of small post saying that he'd catch up. I'm probably just being too sensitive on it, but still...

In anycase, I have to go to work. Will be back later
Well Rockin, I'm kinda getting a psuedo BBB's Gambit from Warlord. But not in a full blown sense.

I really do not know why Smash hasn't posted I saw him look at the thread yesterday.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Also, just because he "seems to crave a lynch" wasn't my only explanation. As Chaco said, I was also uncomfortable with his Appeal to Emotion statement. which was clearly made in both my post. I don't like how you only include one aspect of my explanations and omit the rest.
Don't misunderstand me -- I wasn't ignoring that part of your explanation. The thing is that his Appeal to Emotion is not a reason to let him off the hook, at all. When I said the thing about his "hand in the cookie jar attitude", the one that mafiats often deploy, the AtoE is lumped into that.

@Warlock: Quit with the passive aggressive nonsense. My second game of mafia, I led a D2 lynch against a townie full of blind conviction. I could have thrown my hands up in the air, but I didn't, and detected one of the baddies and helped arrange his lynch. I'm tired of this because it's meta-nonsense. You playing the emotional card has no logical grounding in this game's mechanics by which to judge your behavior. You're just being deflective and evasive.

Now, what with Macman trying to act like an angry 4 Channer, he's obviously trying to hide the fact he has his posting restriction and just come off as an idiot to avoid attention.
1) Macman is somewhat of a veteran in mafia here. You yourself said his being an idiot is unlikely, and the rest of us would quite plainly agree. So "acting like an idiot" is a pretty poor way for someone known to be intelligent to hide a posting restriction that kind of makes them look like an idiot.

2) Despite this knowledge you chose to fake Macman's posting restriction, and made the argument that you don't see two people having the same one. Why in the hell would you do that? You're avoiding this line of questioning entirely! You perform the equivalent of a counterclaim by faking the same posting restriction you feel someone else has, and there is only one outcome from such a situation in 99% of cases -- one of them gets lynched. If you're a townie, why the hell did you do that? Explain yourself. No emotional appeals. By saying that you "doubt two people would have the same posting restriction", you have clearly acknowledged that you knew fully well what you were setting into motion by doing that, so "I'm an idiot lolol" is not going to cut it. Period.

Now - here's where things get really daring. Evil Eye was defending/drawing attention away from Macman indirectly earlier by saying discussing posting restrictions this early was pointless. If Macman is indeed Mafia, I'm largely willing to bet Evil Eye is also.
Yeah, I tend to defend people when someone else attempts to fake their posting restriction, effectively creating a foundation for their lynch, and then gets caught in faking it and plays the "well I'm super town so go ahead and lynch me" card. I'm weird like that.

As aforementioned, I was like... the fifth person, I think, to mention how talking about his posting restriction would be useless. And my argument was based solely on the fact that there really wasn't any information we could decipher by discussing it, it had nothing to do with defending Macman. I assume you're just turning the light back on me because I'm calling you out on your BS and expecting actual answers for it. We gots a name for that, pally -- OMGUS.

I'm inches from voting. But there are other people in this game, after all. I'll wait for your explanation -- a real explanation -- before pouncing on you.

BUT THENNN WE CAN BRING UP THE WHOLE WIFOM PART OF IT. WOULD MAFIA WHO PLACED THIS RESTRICTION ON ME REALLY BE THE FIRST TO TALK ABOUT IT/SUGGEST THE IDEA. IT JUST DOESN'T SEEM SMART.
To be honest, it was obvious to me after two posts. I don't think this paints Xsyven in any particular light, I think he just noticed it and thought (incorrectly) that it would be a viable avenue of discussion. And yes, I do have my doubts that a mafia would be the first (or even one of the first) to bring up the conditions of a posting restriction they had created.

Though, remember, there was a mad scientist that imposed a posting restriction in Spidey that was town-alligned. There isn't too much to gain from what little info we have right now, Mac, but now that you've come out of the closet so to speak, I hope you'll be offering up some posts with substance soon.

Do NOT claim, do NOT heavily breadcrumb, and do NOT name claim. Mega Man will pick us off by powers. Kinda stating the obvious but no one has said it yet so I might as well.
Common sense, but yeah. Don't do that, guys.

I've yet to see anything truly suspicious.
This from Rockin, I don't like. I'm not pushing Warlord's lynch, but saying you find nothing truly suspicious is... well, naive, I guess. What Warlord did, and what he knew quite well he was doing based on the wording of his post, was incredibly suspicious and detrimental to town. Your reaction to his "giving up" is one I've seen far too many mafiats try to appeal to by the same behavioral track as Warlord is presently employing.

As for your two suspects:

Xsy: Well, I've already elaborated on my thoughts on his suggesting we talk about the posting restriction in response to Macman's positing. However, if you're suggesting that Xsy was deliberately putting town discussion on a dead-end road, that's something else. Obviously I agree that talking posting restriction at this stage is a waste of time, but you'll have to go a bit farther to convince me that he was bringing it up with malicious intent. Xsyven has often made controversial suggestions that seemed antitown at the time but were made with pro-town intentions, so I remain unconvinced.

Smashman: I certainly don't like that he's not posting, and I like it even less that he was apparently reading the thread. I've never seen smashy on D1, does he typically lurk this much? At present I'm assuming he's just inactive, since he hasn't posted at all.

@Smashman: Start postin', bub.

However, if you're going to follow the inactivity trail, I think there are lower-hanging fruit.

@Hando: You made, I believe, one or two decent posts and then pissed off. I'll go ahead and just assume you were working, as you often are, if you do us all a favor and start engaging discussion again.

@Wiki: By your own admission you cracked a quick joke and then disappeared into the shadows. You came back with a single, oneline post to reaffirm "yeah, I was kiddin' " and did not participate in any of the present lines of discussion. What's the deal, man? I don't like fluff posts, and that's all you've made up to now, despite the fluff stage of D1 being quite over. Start talking, because it feels like you're either not investing in the game, not reading, or deliberately avoiding the issues.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
To put it bluntly, yes, that's what I thought, but I had the feeling he was acting stupidly intentionally to try to fake his posting restriction when he didn't actually have one by acting stupid. What with all the angry smilies, he was acting as if he were constantly mad all the time. He's not actually stupid, of course.

It wasn't "giving up" so much as it was making a horribly stupid post late at night and then coming to my senses and realizing how stupid it was. I don't see how I'm not the popular pick for lynching yet. I deserve to be lynched for something as pathetic as that.

What do I have to say in my defense? What was my motive with that post? If there was any besides trying to just be ballsy (Again, no idea what I was thinking) and such, it was to try to confirm my townie status. Of course, mafia claims to be townie, so I really probably shouldn't even put this paragraph in here. Just trying to address everybody. The closest thing I have to a "defense" is a innocent by plea of insanity.

I specifically said Evil Eye because he made such a huge post dedicated to saying how stupid it'd be to focus on posting restrictions rather then the shorter ones of the others. It seems much more focused on changing the topic.

So you want to kill somebody because he's afk? Doesn't seem to be particularly good logic to me, though I'm hardly in a position to critique here.

Chaco

Never Logs In
@Warlord: You just textbooked WIFOM, and another AtoE. I'm pleased with my vote at this point. You've shown no real defense yet, other than "I'd lynch me too". Which is not a defense at all.

And the Smashman vote is a policy lynch. Lurkers get Lynched, and appliable to your case Liars get Lynched.

MasterWarlord

Smash Champion
@Warlord: You just textbooked WIFOM, and another AtoE. I'm pleased with my vote at this point. You've shown no real defense yet, other than "I'd lynch me too". Which is not a defense at all.
The closest thing I have to a "defense" is a innocence by plea of insanity.
Again. I fully expect to be lynched. If you'd prefer me to just shut up entirely since it's so blatantly obvious I'm mafia (Which I'm not, not like I really need to put that there since that obviously doesn't change anything, just not sub consciously announcing it), I'll go do that.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Okay, what I definitely do not like about you is your willingness to give up. I never said you were blatantly obvious mafia, you pretty much put those words in my mouth. Shutting up entirely just makes it a lot worse on yourself. Here, I'll start you out on your defense. Explain why you faked a post restriction.

Chaco

Never Logs In
Okay looking back at Warlord again, here's what comes to mind.

He tries to mimic Mac's post restriction by doing it himself. I think he was trying to make Mac seem suspicious which in fact he was because he targeted Mac hardcore, with no backing whatsoever. Like moments after he admits to faking it, and tries to drag Mac down with him saying he's faking it as well. So how does it go from: Mac and I have post counts. To: We're both faking it. This is just a theory, but mafia might've tried a strategy making him act like he has a post restriction to match Mac's, and to try an easy lynch on Mac. But that just ****ing blew up in their face. That's just a possiblilty though, and it's very iffy. But I mean he was so quick to break down, now he's floundering about throwing out logical fallacies.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Sorry for not posting sooner, but I've been researching Mega Man characters to get any clues and ideas to this game. Mainly, I've been looking on mega man wiki to see which characters would most likely be the indy and megamafia. I am pretty sure that Megaman X characters are not in this game as those games takes decades after the regular Mega Man games. Plus, Dr. Wily is dead in those games and seeing as he is very much alive in this one, well you see what I'm getting at.

This game reminds me of Mega Man: The Power Battle and Mega Man 2: The Power Fighters (Both of which I have played and they are very fun), where Dr. Wily revives most of his past Robot Masters and sends them after Megaman. We all know that Megaman is in this game, so it leaves two Mafia members left. These 3 characters have teamed up with Megaman before and I got a feeling that one, maybe two of these three characters are with the Megamafia:

1. Duo- He appeared in the same game that Search Man was in, and seeing that Search Man is dead, well it certainly gives us the possibility that he is in the game. He also appeared in the The Power Fighters (Which takes place after Megaman 8, MM8 was the game that both Duo and Search Man appeared in).

2. Bass- He has teamed up with Megaman before because he wanted to be the one who defeats Megaman and wasn't gonna let anybody beat him to the punch and he also wanted to prove that he is the strongest robot ever. This could also mean that he could be the independent as he views himself above all other robots.

3. Protoman- Megaman's "Brother, and he has been an ally since the end of Megaman 3, so the chances of him being Megamafia is somewhat high. He is a bit of a loner and is kinda mysterious, so there is a possibility that he could be the Indpendent as well. Personally, I'd say Bass is more likely to be the Indy than Protoman is.

Only other characters I could think of who could be members of the Megamafia are: Rush, Beat, Roll, and Dr. Light.

Chaco

Never Logs In
That whole post is kind of irrelevant. Good to see you posting though.

Wikipedia

Smash Lord
I think it is very likely that Macman's posting restriction is a side effect of a mafia aligned role. If it's not then I would suggest the townie to stop using it because it is only causing confusion, unless it is an attachment to a townie power role.

I also think it is likely that Warlord (which by the why, I'm very confused as to why EE keeps calling him Warlock) could be a mafia with a role in which he kills a certain amount of people that lynch him, sort of like a bomb. This is the only other explanation I can think for someone wanting to get lynched.

And to put the above two thoughts together, Warlord (knowing that Macman's posting restriction is a result of a mafia role) decided to counterclaim the posting restriction because then that would be he wasn't mafia because mafia generally can't target themselves but failed at the counterclaim and is now trying to dig himself out of a hole.

Unvote: handorin

smashman90

Smash Lord
I'm a bit suspicious about Macman's post restriction. He says that he got targeted by somebody last night and he has to post everything capitalized, correct? Anybody noticed how he has some of his letters lowercased in some of his posts? Either he's faking it or he does have a restriction and has broken it already. Even if he does have this post restriction, what is the point in making a person post everything capitalized? I think there may be another (possibly delayed) effect or Macman isn't telling us everything (assuming Macman is telling us the truth about that post restriction).

I also think it is likely that Warlord (which by the why, I'm very confused as to why EE keeps calling him Warlock) could be a mafia with a role in which he kills a certain amount of people that lynch him, sort of like a bomb. This is the only other explanation I can think for someone wanting to get lynched.
For the "Warlock" thing, EE has called him Warlord before, quite a few times in fact. So I'm guessing it's just EE making a mistake. I think somebody has called me "Smashmon" before. Not too sure what to think of Warlord right now. Perhaps he's doing what Stingers did?

Chaco

Never Logs In
Smash, that has to be done to bypass the cap lock filter. Try it yourself. Post in caps only. It will filter it to the first letter of each word being capitalized like Warlord's was.

Handorin

Smash Hero
The way I see the situation is Warlord was posting his thoughts as he thought them, and didn't realize he should have read over them. He then realized "Oh snapz, I was wrong. Scratch that idea guys" I don't know why he thinks that makes him more "lynch worthy" though.

His appeal to emotion just seems like a noob mistake/tactic. The past few games I've been in or watched, it seems to have been prevalent (other than Rockin. He's just dumb :)). The one on the forefront of my mind is Chaco in Normal Mafia. He didn't know what to do and just threw up the flag. This is what is happening here. You guys are over analyzing imo.

That said, I think it's odd Chaco did that, and no is auto scolding someone.

As for Macman, I feel it's legit. The OP said everyone has a power. I wouldn't put it past Scav to make it a townie role. It can be kinda hard to come up with roles and balance the game. I did it a bit in TLI mafia with role flavors, and a bit on accident when I made independents yellow and the song flavor yellow. This doesn't mean he is or isn't mafia though. The role could have just as easily targeted a mafia as a townie.

Also this:
EE said:
Rockin said:
I've yet to see anything truly suspicious.
This from Rockin, I don't like. I'm not pushing Warlord's lynch, but saying you find nothing truly suspicious is... well, naive, I guess.
Wiki said:
Doubt it. That isn't a common role. I'd give it a 5% chance if it was a mafia role. More around 80% chance for a townie though. A mafia dying is really bad numbers wise for them. Even if they kill a townie, it is better to just stay covert as long as possible.

Chaco

Never Logs In
@Hando: You do have a point. However, I just didn't have it done here. The first part of D1 in a game on MS I was ready to flip over, and that's when my whole play style changed. I'd say getting the pressure put on me helped more than anything. Not saying that is a good reason to do so, and I'm not voting him based off of the "I'd lynch me too." I'm voting him based off of his lie.

Handorin

Smash Hero
When was the last time Tom actually had a posting restriction? Hrm... not in a long time. Those are always fake.
(Tom always goes through with them though, hard for a noob to do that. Warlord realized that too late/soon though.)

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
@Hando: So you don't find it odd at all that he tried to FAKE the restriction Mac had appeared to have(which would likely cause suspicion on Macman), and then when it was messed up he immediately admitted he faked it and claimed Mac faked it too? I'm all for cutting newer players some slack, but that is just flat out a scummy maneuver. Which leads me to my next point:

Warlord: As Chaco said, in order to form a solid defense, the first thing I want to hear is what you expected to accomplish faking that posting restriction. I can't think of any benefit to a townie faking a claimed posting restriction, as if it is a townie affected by it and real, you essentially give a strong push to lynch not one, but two townies, since we would inevitably be suspicious of the other when the first lynched flips town.

Smashman: Can you please give us something that actually shows that you're trying? You start off with a post that is literally worthless unless the mafia is stupid enough to claim their real names if we get to an eventual name-claim. Your second post you talk about things that have already been discussed(specifically referring to the talk about the uncapitalized letters in Mac's posts)

Now, just a couple of my thoughts. Right now I'm getting more of an indie read on Warlord, not mafia. Why, you ask? Because the fake posting restriction would be a TERRIBLE move for a mafia(seeing as they would become the likely lynch candidate if Macman was lynched and flipped town, and if they were lynched it would essentially clear Mac.), however it could easily be a ballsy move as a lyncher with Mac as target to try and get him lynched early. I could especially see a new player with the lyncher role making a move like that.

Also, and some of you may have noticed this already, but this game is going to require good scumhunting. Dis-counting the indie, since we have no idea which side they would end up helping if any, if we mislynch today we're down to 5 townies by tomorrow barring a doc save. In other words, we have one singular mislynch to work with, and it puts us into mylo if it happens today. If we nl or lynch the indie, then a ml the next day brings us to lylo. In other words, unlike some games I've seen here, we are VERY tight on allowable screw ups. Does that mean we should be afraid to lynch? No. However, it does mean we should make use of all the deadlines and come to the best conclusion, and it also means that we should almost definitely lynch today or tomorrow while we have the ml, instead of waiting until we HAVE to lynch right to make our first lynch.

Handorin

Smash Hero
@Hando: So you don't find it odd at all that he tried to FAKE the restriction Mac had appeared to have(which would likely cause suspicion on Macman), and then when it was messed up he immediately admitted he faked it and claimed Mac faked it too? I'm all for cutting newer players some slack, but that is just flat out a scummy maneuver.
First, I was going to say what the did was totally different, then I remembered that posting in all caps causes "This To Happen In The Post". But yes, it is kinda odd. After realizing this, I have my own theory as to why he would do it, but I don't want to give him anything to copy paste atm. ;)

Top Bottom