• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MegaMafia | Day 4 - Mafia wins!

smashman90

Smash Lord
clearly something odd is going on since there is 3 town left and 6 ppl left in total. mafia should have already won, and they have yet to.
3 townies (one of which, can double vote), and 3 mafia members. The Town can still outvote the Mafia and as long as the Town doesn't mislynch and the mafia doesn't nightkill the doublevoter, then the Town should win. That's why the game is still going on. The doublevoter is basically the main reason the town is still in the game.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
the doublevoter isnt going to survive 2 nks, and if he does itll end up being 1mafia, and the doublevoter. And im pretty sure thats mafia win. Also, it is pretty evident that either rockin or smashman is the doublevoter and im sure mafia knows this already

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
cuz its not hando[since hes obviously scum], and me, mentos, EE already claimed it wasnt us.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Still have limited access and an unreliable connection until monday so I can't make any giant posts at the moment.

However, I never said I was "hesitant" to do a nameclaim. What I said was that I wanted to prioritize things the way it was done in Spidey so that the agreed-upon most suspicious people went first.

With that said it's clear we'll be able to get more done if I nameclaim, and the odds of tripping mafia up with nameclaims, I suppose, are completely against us.

Whatever. I'm Snake Man, and the projectile I use is the Search Snake. I fire off a search snake, it seeks out my target and reports back to me with the applicable information.

My order of suspicions is unchanged from my last post, and it's the same as the order of people I'd like to claim.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
As much as I find Macman suspicious, I really find EE a bit more suspicious.

He's claiming a watcher. Mind you, our investigator (or possibly our watcher) actually died N0. I mean, when you listen to the way EE explains how his power works, it sounds like something Search Man would have (cause you know, he's a robot programed for gurilla warfare...not to mention the weapon Mega Man gets is 'Homing Sniper' (sniper, mind you)). In my eyes, it would make sense for robot of his skills to know the weaponry (or at least recognize it as weaponry).

There's also the fact that EE is still living D4 even though he claimed Watcher at the last minute. Usually, Mafias kill off investigative roles asap instead of just playing lottery of hitting a double voter. Even if the off chance that if they miss a opportunity to try and nail DV, they would have power of two types of investigative roles. Roles where, if some off chance their buddy was lynched, could prove helpful in the next night (or if anything, reduce the chance of getting screwed off the next night after).

Keep in mind that EE only roleclaimed, but never nameclaim. It could be that he's trying to narrow down who claims what so he wouldn't risk getting CCed. Like Macman, EE has nothing to hide at this point.

Vote: Evil Eye

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Whatever. I'm Snake Man, and the projectile I use is the Search Snake. I fire off a search snake, it seeks out my target and reports back to me with the applicable information.
This claim pretty much solidfies my vote on you EE. That nameclaim and the way it works sounds more like a tracker.

A tracker I'm sure belonged to Search Man/Omis.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
rockin i didnt even read what happened yet but just ****ing unvote and dont be dumb

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
wow rockin
yur reasons are so dumb i cant even believe it
yu realize if yur town AND wrong we lose.
you're lynching him off of flavor
also, EE is probably alive cuz mafia thought I would protect him

but i mean, i would be suspicious of EE too, but he got my N0 investigation perfect which I doubt he could have. AND they killed search man n0, i dont know how this works, but i dont think scav wud give megaman the power the night he kills someone. Especially in case I, the doctor saves them

but rockin, srsly if yur town, please dont risk losing us the game. We have more time to talk. Don't do another spidermafia type thing.

I still would like you to claim

I really have no idea what to think about this game anymore.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
Wow, flavor-vote much? Mafia can alphastrike much? You're an idiot. Unvote.

The only night I even have reports for is the night that Search Man was still alive, so if your accusation is that I'm aping his power... you're an idiot. I'm sorry, but I'm not going to pussyfoot around calling you out on something stupid when you're taking it upon yourself to put the game at risk.

It makes plenty of sense for the mafia to "play the lottery" for the doublevoter, because the doublevoter is the only reason I can think of that we're not on a mafia win right now. Add in the fact that Marshy is typically considered one of the strongest players currently playing mafia, and there you go. It was a perfectly logical kill choice.

And the reasoning behind your flavor-voting is just as stupid. I don't know how the role title of "investigator" sounds anything like what I claimed. It seems pretty obvious its a kind of weaker cop role Scav put in.

I find it ludicrously scummy that when I make my giant post to claim, and warn that I'll be V/LA this weekend, you respond by trying to cast suspicion on Macman and myself, and then when I later claim, you flat out go after me, still knowing I can't respond to you and knowing the mafia can alpha strike at any time so long as all three of them are simultaneously active. In other words you picked a fight with the one target you knew couldn't fight back in full capacity, if at all.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
wow rockin
yur reasons are so dumb i cant even believe it
yu realize if yur town AND wrong we lose.
you're lynching him off of flavor
also, EE is probably alive cuz mafia thought I would protect him

but i mean, i would be suspicious of EE too, but he got my N0 investigation perfect which I doubt he could have. AND they killed search man n0, i dont know how this works, but i dont think scav wud give megaman the power the night he kills someone. Especially in case I, the doctor saves them

but rockin, srsly if yur town, please dont risk losing us the game. We have more time to talk. Don't do another spidermafia type thing.

I still would like you to claim

I really have no idea what to think about this game anymore.
I'm not lynching him off of just flavor. There's things that just don't add up with EE and you're starting to get on my words with this AtoE (or however you spell it).

I don't believe Scav would give mega man the power either the same time he Night kills someone, however that doesn't mean Mafia couldn't have just let the watcher live, no matter how close to the game they seem to be. It's disasterous and very risky play for Mafia.

Macman, last I check, you was doing a 'Rockin Spider Mafia' thing throughout D1 and D2 with Iggy. 'OH, HE'S TOWN. I'M 80%-NO 95-NUH HUH. 99% SURE THAT IGGY IS MAFIA! WHY? BECAUSE HE PLANTED THIS **** BOMB ON ME AND IT'S SOOOOOO ANTI-TOWN' basically, your entire thing on D1 of lynching Iggy cause he put something on you that you didn't like that you wanted to lynch for.

However, I've been using logic since D1. I've carefully been looking at each player from time to time and their reactions. I have a good feeling for that EE is indeed Mafia, and if you're town, you'd vote with me, Macman.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
It makes plenty of sense for the mafia to "play the lottery" for the doublevoter, because the doublevoter is the only reason I can think of that we're not on a mafia win right now. Add in the fact that Marshy is typically considered one of the strongest players currently playing mafia, and there you go. It was a perfectly logical kill choice.
Maybe so, but given the fact that a claim of an investigative role slightly out priorities any given player (except maybe Tom or FF. They're kinda broken in terms of investigation without the roles XD). I'll give credit that Marshy is a powerful player, but still. A kill to an investigator is more benefitical then a powerful player IMO.

and besides, even if Mafia hits a watcher or hit and miss an DV, the plan would still be the same: out the DV so he can be Night killed the next night. >>

I find it ludicrously scummy that when I make my giant post to claim, and warn that I'll be V/LA this weekend, you respond by trying to cast suspicion on Macman and myself, and then when I later claim, you flat out go after me, still knowing I can't respond to you and knowing the mafia can alpha strike at any time so long as all three of them are simultaneously active. In other words you picked a fight with the one target you knew couldn't fight back in full capacity, if at all.
I understand, but still. I'd talk you down in either full compacity or little. I know of the situation and I know how dire it is. I know that if I vote, Mafia would just easily bandwagon.

However, my vote is going to stay. Cause I'm just that confident.

I have faith in Mentos and Hando would make a good decision. A bit of faith on smashman...and some dying faith on Macman. >>

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
if youre town, dont vote

rockin theres so much wrong with yur argument. I just hope you're mafia and didn't just cost us the game. Your confidence is bewildering, sounds like you have some kind of role that just blatantly told yu EE is scum. Or you have a role thats clashes with EE's but you do not want to reveal for some reason. Only way I can see you being town.

We really should just role claim. Please.

Doc Robot

BRoomer
BRoomer
Alright guys I think it is time to come out and do this: I am the extra voter. Ive been lurking in the shadows thus far and deducing what to think. Im not going to vote for any right now to make sure that scum cant force rush a lynch. As such you are being incredibly stupid by voting, Rockin. Even if you think he is scum you simply do not vote until late day and when we have had enough educated discussion.

Hey scum guess what? You cant kill me. Have fun trying to work that out.

Town. Convince me of who you are. Do what must be done and I will be the hammer and what else you need of me. Im safe from mafiats so we dont need to worry about my power being taken away. Just be smart everyone.

Reactions? I want a good thought from every single player. No exceptions.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
so I was coming up with scenarios in my head as to why the game wasn't over yet. And my two thoughts were either there are mafia lovers[the other lover dies if one gets lynched] or that megaman was the only person in the mafia allowed to make NKs.

If one of my theories were true, I knew that mafia would be least willing to bus megaman, or someone in the mafia lover pairing. So I was trying to get people to tell me they were suspicious of so that I could come out and say all of this and push for one of the guys who had the least amount of suspicion on them from the 4, excluding me and EE. since i believe EE and I to be clear. But I guess thats not necessary and I was completely off.

anyways, that and the fact that i saved marshy n2 is why im def town...

i think EE's town and hando's scum. Now who looks the most townie out of mentos, rockin and smashman.

but word, i no longer think town winning is hopeless

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Alright guys I think it is time to come out and do this: I am the extra voter. Ive been lurking in the shadows thus far and deducing what to think. Im not going to vote for any right now to make sure that scum cant force rush a lynch. As such you are being incredibly stupid by voting, Rockin. Even if you think he is scum you simply do not vote until late day and when we have had enough educated discussion.

Hey scum guess what? You cant kill me. Have fun trying to work that out.

Town. Convince me of who you are. Do what must be done and I will be the hammer and what else you need of me. Im safe from mafiats so we dont need to worry about my power being taken away. Just be smart everyone.

Reactions? I want a good thought from every single player. No exceptions.
'Woah...' is what I have to say in terms of a reaction.

Didn't expect that. Like, at all LOL. I know you feel of me doing is this incredibly bad play, but please understand there are reasons as to why I feel EE is indeed the play.

I would like to say more, but I want to hear what Hando, Mentos, and smashman has to say about this as well. Especially since...well, this came out of nowhere

This is just out of curiosity, but why is your member name 'Doc Robot?'

smashman90

Smash Lord
This is just out of curiosity, but why is your member name 'Doc Robot?'
Doc Robot is a Robot Master in one of the Megaman games. He has abilities from all of the robot masters in Megaman 2, IIRC. I think he was suppose to be like a hidden boss or something considering he would pop up in other bosses levels if you revisted them.

On the fact that Doc Robot is here, I think we're all kinda wtf on his sudden appearance. So Doc, are you saying that there is no doublevoter and that it has been you all along? Just wanting to be clear on this.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Doc Robot's claim is HUGE for us. It's no longer past LYLO need a doc save situation, instead being regular lylo. His revelation also means Rockin is sure as hell not clear in my eyes any more, the only reason I thought he was was due to process of elimination on the double-voter who doesn't actually exist.

Macman: I agree we should go ahead and mass-claim today, but I also think that we should do it structured by suspicion level instead of just whenever we come online. Now that it has been revealed that there is no double-voter, with Mac stating that EE's n0 results were right, I am more inclined to believe he is town over Rockin(no it's not for sure yet, but it's my current lean since the only reason I trusted Rockin more was due to suspecting he was the DV). So pretty much that narrows the scum pool I'm currently thinking to Smashman, Hando, and Rockin, so obviously I want these three to claim.

Now, I'm debating who I think is most likely MegaMan(obviously the most important target for us to kill, especially if they have an activate-able lightkeeper ability as I brought up as possible earlier). If I go with my pool from earlier, I would want Smash to claim first. He attracted some attention for his play-style early in the game, and was a considered candidate for lynch, then changed up a bit, but continued lurking and has mostly stayed under the radar through a lot of the game, exactly what MegaMan would want to do.

Next on the list out of my current scum-guess would be Rockin. He's been a lot more active, and while being suspected relatively often throughout the latter portion of the game, has avoided garnering TOO much, and putting himself close to a lynch.

Hando I feel the least likely to be MegaMan. He has been heavily suspected since D1 pretty much, and yet didn't change anything. If he was Mega, he essentially was a magnet for suspicion, knew how he was acting was suspicious, and didn't try to get rid of that suspicion by being more useful. I know Hando is very experienced playing scum(rule #1), and I think if he were the key part of the mafia he would have tried to avoid bringing that much suspicion on himself.

That order there is also the order in specific I'd like to see people claim. I'll wait to claim until we hear who others want to claim in what order.

I'm not worried about Rockin's vote, because, as far as I can tell, he may very well be scum, in which case a quick-hammer is impossible, and if he is town, that moves EE to scum(I trust Mac's claim, so fmpov there's only 1 open townie spot). Either way, there's no risk of a quickhammer. I would like it if he unvoted if he is town, as him voting just makes him look worse, but as far as I'm concerned there is 0 risk with his vote being on.

I'll probably have more thoughts later, just wanted to get my thoughts on the mass-claim(and by extension, my order of suspicion) and on the effects of Doc's appearance on my outlook for the moment.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
mentos sounding pretty townlike there, list of ppl claiming from most wanted to least wanted

rockin
hando
smashman
mentos

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I want to hear a bit more what hando has to say about the current situation, but I also want to hear what Smashman has to say about the situation as well.

Also, I really have mixed feelings in terms of this Doc Robot guy. I mean, he just randomly appears, makes himself known instead of hiding himself off in the darkness. It's pretty odd IMO.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Day 4 Vote Count

Evil Eye - 1 (Rockin)
Doc Robot - 1 ()

Not Voting: Evil Eye, Smashman, Handorin, Mentosman, Macman

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

smashman90

Smash Lord
Also, I really have mixed feelings in terms of this Doc Robot guy. I mean, he just randomly appears, makes himself known instead of hiding himself off in the darkness. It's pretty odd IMO.
Agreed. I also find it odd that he wasn't included in vote count. There's seven of us, yet Scav says that there is six of us. Could the good Doctor be a mafia ploy? Then there's the fact that there really is a doublevoter. I think the Doc was trying to hide the Dvoter and the dvoter messed up big time by voting on him.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
lol at ppl thinking doc robot isn't completely clear.

maybe smashman or rockin is ccing dvoter? in that case you should just come out and do it. srsly, it will only help town to know if yur the dvoter. tired of people beating around the bush
we shud just massclaim and be done with it

smashman90

Smash Lord
are you claiming double voter?
-_-

No. It seems you have forgotten that I was the first person to get a vote from the doublevoter. And the time I had gotten it was back when I attracted alot of unwanted attention from my flavor hunting. Rockin (as well as Mentos and a few others) was one of the main people who were on my case alot during that time, so it seems likely that he is the doublevoter, either that or somebody is lying about their role.

And then there's the Wiki lynch, which IIRC by the time I had gotten on smashboards that day to check out the megamafia thread, Chaco was already dead. Assuming Mentos is correct, then that would narrow down the choices to Mentos, Hando, and Rockin. And Mentos already mentioned that he wasn't the doublevoter (although he didn't mention which character he was).

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
rockin, smashman why are you two opposed to claiming.?

Rockin I am not sure why you are risking to end the day so soon, when you were yelling at me a few posts ago for suggesting that we quicklynch hando. If there is something about your role that leads you to believe EE is scum, please share it. Because at this rate you look incredibly scummy, for being suspicious of me first and then as soon as EE posts switching your suspicions to him, and we are the two only claimed people in the bunch. On top of that, I have a successful doc protect to back my claim, and EE has legitimate reports confirmed by me. Your case seems to be based off of flavor which is just dumb. Don't understand why you are being so stubborn about this, and its just annoying.

Really just want this game to get going.

So I'll ask this to everyone, please answer it when you post next: Do you agree with a massroleclaim, why or why not? If you don't respond, I'll be voting for you. And if you are town, and get quick lynched because of it, you will be the one to blame.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I also will consider doc robot completely clear as long as noone claims double voter.

Doc Robot

BRoomer
BRoomer
I want to hear a bit more what hando has to say about the current situation, but I also want to hear what Smashman has to say about the situation as well.

I came out because I want town to be able to use me. My extra vote is a valuable tool and with it we can attempt to make the best of this situation. Why would I stay hidden longer?
What's so funny? I don't completely trust him just yet. I want to hear more from him soon before I can fully trust him. There's a few things about him that doesn't make much sense and I want him to start explaining.
What would you like to know about me? Im here and willing to answer.

I still want responses from EE and Hando. No more lurkin kthxbai.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
I came out because I want town to be able to use me. My extra vote is a valuable tool and with it we can attempt to make the best of this situation. Why would I stay hidden longer?
It helps blind you out from Mafia. I'm sure after D1 vote count, they noticed there was a double voter. It just helped that you stay hidden.

There is a reason why I don't like much of what EE's claim, but it's mainly the situation as well.

However, this does mean we need to be incredibly, incredibly careful with our voting. I don't know what the stipulations are for Flash Man's powers, obviously, but Megaman has them now. In a mylo situation, Megaman could conceivably force that mislynch the second any player votes for a non-scum player. Even a pressure vote. This is not a good prospect, so let's be careful about how we approach voting from here onward.
Does anyone remember that Omni got Night Killed at N1? Let's not forget that Omni, the time keeper, had the power of Time Stopper, which meant he could easily end a day by merely bolding 'Time Stop.' Yet, even after my vote, nearly everyone has posted has neither done this power yet. With a vote on someone and the power, it would give Mafia a swift victory, regardless if it's a double voter or not.

However, it has never been done yet. This could mean two things

The power has been used- This is exactly why I want to hear Macman out his visits. If Mafia done their power on N2, one of them could easily claim Doctor and say they've 'saved a townie.' With a watcher claim coming in later on, this would make the perfect cover up for Mafia.

The power has not been used - Obviously, they don't want to cut their mafia buddy too short, and it'll make for the fact that their other buddy has to really prove that they're docced or they'll look really suspicious the next day.

Omni revealed himself as Flash Man (or Pharaoh Man, or some other similar dude) by posting his timestop.
I don't know how Pharoh Man has anything to do or anywhere close to Flash Man at all. It's not like the power itself had any relation at all to him. If he said 'Bright Man' instead, that would've been an acceptable similarity. It seemed like EE is softly breadcrumming his nameclaim just incase the watcher idea didn't go so well/a change of plans at the near end of D3. I'm still skeptical of the nameclaim of snake man as well as how his powers work.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
The power has been used- This is exactly why I want to hear Macman out his visits. If Mafia done their power on N2, one of them could easily claim Doctor and say they've 'saved a townie.' With a watcher claim coming in later on, this would make the perfect cover up for Mafia.
dumb dumb, mafia could have just decided to no kill and it would have resulted with the same effect, so they wouldn't need to waste the timestop power thingy.

And does the timestop really end the day by lynching whoever has the most votes? If that's the case than mafia would already have won. Cuz they could just have one their people vote someone and then timestop. Not really sure of what to think about the timestop.

Rockin, thoughts on mass roleclaim? Stop avoiding the subject.

Top Bottom