• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MegaMafia | Day 4 - Mafia wins!

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
huh, good to know EE, though I'm still wondering why you're hesitant on doing your nameclaim near last/not proposing to immediatly nameclaim? I'm also curious as to why you find me suspicious. You said I was 'quite townie' D1. then in D2, you felt the argument me and Chaco had was Townie vs Townie. D3 was probably the only time you gave me a crud remark, and that was in terms of a nameclaim.

Macman, mind telling us a bit of your night visits as well? (maybe nameclaim as well?)

Still a bit curious as to Mentosman's reaction towards Wiki. However, he does tend to back off when either a protective/helpful/threatening role comes to play. Again, wouldn't mind hearing more from Mentos.

smashman90

Smash Lord
i thought there was 3 mafia left?
There are 3 mafia left.

and wtf, I didn't see the vote count. srsly double voter? Let's try to be intelligent now.
You and EE both realize that the double voter unvoted, right?

EE and Macman, since you guys have already roleclaimed, would you guys mention which characters you are?

Also, what does the Lightkeeper role do?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
no rockin im not gonna out my visits, also why does EE or I have to nameclaim first?

why arent yu nameclaiming? Who decided that there should be a mass nameclaim?

hm.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
ninjad, yea i saw the unvote smashman.

also, I dont want to name claim simply cuz i dont see why I should. EE and I are the most town by far, we shudnt have to be the first to name claim.

Rockin, what do you think about a hando lynch, what about mentos?

smashman90

Smash Lord
also, I dont want to name claim simply cuz i dont see why I should. EE and I are the most town by far, we shudnt have to be the first to name claim.
you guys had already roleclaimed, you might as well mention which characters you are. That and it helps put my mind at rest and makes me believe that you guys really are town. I don't like it that you two just mentioned roles, normally when a person roleclaims they usually mention which character they are if they haven't already. So I find that a little odd that you didn't mention which character you are when you two claimed. That and the fact that you're defensive about this makes me feel a bit uneasy.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
I mean, I don't see what a nameclaim would do for you but i'm skull man, my protect is called skull barrier

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
no rockin im not gonna out my visits, also why does EE or I have to nameclaim first?
Why not? You have nothing to fear and nothing to be afraid of. If anything, it'll just make it more believable in my eyes that you are a doc. Also, EE told his investigations, so I don't see any harm in you outing your night visits.

Rockin, what do you think about a hando lynch, what about mentos?
Hando is quite suspicious, and I would understand for a lynch, but I have to re-read about him to fully go on about it. Mentos I believe is town.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Just letting you know this:

Just got back from a 12 hour day
Internet is down, so this is my phone
I'm going to sleep now then waking up at 8 so I can be at work at 9 am. I don't know when I will get off.

Sorry

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Just letting you know this:

Just got back from a 12 hour day
Internet is down, so this is my phone
I'm going to sleep now then waking up at 8 so I can be at work at 9 am. I don't know when I will get off.

Sorry
Oh Hando.... -_____________-;;;

It's okay. Just please try and get back on the game as soon as you can. This is an important moment, but I do understand your situation.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
I'll post more of a response tomorrow, but to put it simply, I backed off because I saw a major threat. I didn't remember/know there was a double-voter in the game, so I unvoted solely due to the belief that not doing so would lead to an immediate town loss. If he was going to kill someone and we didn't have the DV to save us, it would have been GG. If I had known about the doublevoter I would have pushed to quicklynch him to prevent the shot.

Handorin

Smash Hero
Ok, I read up, but I need to leave for work now. Just reporting in, as one would say.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Hm, to respond to your question Mac, I'm not sure just yet. My absolute most comfortable lynch right now is Smashman. We've had people suspecting pretty much since D1, and he continues to slide along almost entirely un-noticed of late. After that, obviously there are two scum hidden in the remainder. Out of those as far as I'm concerned it's two of the group of hando, EE, macman. Rockin I have a strong belief is town right now(yes I have a specific reason for that belief), and out of the remaining 3 I would say Hando and I'm still split between Macman and EE(Macman more slightly inclined as town, but not sure on either just yet.)

Once again, as a more thorough response to Rockin's question earlier, I backed off Wiki because I forgot the double-voter. It wasn't until Scav's vote count with 3 people voting Wiki and only 2 names that I remembered we had one, and since I didn't know, to have kept my vote on Wiki and risked him being able to kill a townie would have been resigning the game to the scum. Unfortunately I wasn't on between said vote count and Hando's hammer, so I didn't have the opporotunity to re-vote after realizing we still had a chance.

Going to work right now, I may have some more thoughts after work.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mac, plain and simple I think he's town due pretty much to logical process of elimination. I think you're smart enough to piece together why I think he's town, and on the off chance that scum is not quite so confident, I would rather not specifically state it. Take a couple seconds to think through what has happened since Wiki claimed indie, and you should be able to figure out exactly what I'm thinking. Scum can probably reason it out, but I would rather not say straight up in the event they haven't been able to.

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Ok, what I'm seeing is this: looking at the vote counts right before and right after the daykill yesterday, there were 3 votes on wiki. The 3 people who had voted him during those times were rockin, chaco, and marshy(rockin and chaco pre kill, rockin and marshy post) smashman was missing through the whole of the situation. EE claims a watcher, you claim doc. Marshy was a lightkeeper, chaco a vote blocker. That leaves us with 3 unclaimed people who were active during the situation, me, rockin, and hando. I am not the DV, which means one of the other two must be. Of the two, judging from the course of action, that strongly leads me to believe rockin must be.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
i said i dont want to
I don't see why you're scared to tell your visits. What do you have to hide? It's not like Maf could use this information in anyway or form. Plus it'd help to tell reasons WHY you protected these players (or hell, protected yourself).

The only 'protection' you did was on N2 with Marshy. I have yet to hear where you went on N0, N1, and N3. How can you expect anyone to believe you otherwise?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
why wudnt yu believe me, unless yu think mafia nked, theres no other explanation for the no kill

smashman90

Smash Lord
and smashman, I wanna know who you would want to lynch today.
Well, I can't really get a good read on Hando and Mentos due to them going to work often and I am almost always suspicious of Rockin due to his tendency to be Mafia in any game I'm in, but I know I shouldn't metagame so I'm not sure if I would want to vote on them or not. EE's claim as Watcher seems believable due to his targets, but I would like to hear which character he is just to help put my mind at ease. I think EE's claim helps prove that Macman is town too. Right now, my choices are narrowed down to either Rockin, Mentos, or Hando.

Also, what the heck does the Lightkeeper do?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
wait smashman?

what about ees claim makes you believe mine more?

and you'd be wrong to say I have no reason to hide that info

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Also, smash, a lightkeeper usually causes a blackout: all votes are anonymous and posts have to be sent to the mod who then posts them, making everything entirely anonymous. This usually takes effect immediately upon their death, and since it hasn't I have to assume the mafia now has the power to cause this to happen at least once.

As for rockin, I could see there being benefit in mac not telling who he protected. While I would like to hear it, if there's an unusual quirk to his role it could give the mafia more info than they need.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
why wudnt yu believe me, unless yu think mafia nked, theres no other explanation for the no kill
1) you're really refusing to give up to what could be good info for others to analyze on and to see if they can find mafia easier

2) You have neither nameclaim (we had to actually ask you a few times till you gave up a nameclaim)

3) behavior is slightly suspicious

and the longer you refuse to give up the visits, the less I'll believe you're actually a doctor, and the more of a chance I'm voting for you. You know if Marshy was here and alive, he'd be gutting you right now with a vote.

Also, what the heck does the Lightkeeper do?
I checked out the wiki, but I didn't see anything with that name. it could be a made up role or something. Remember, when Search man died, all it said was 'investigator,' so this could be following that similar thing.

what about ees claim makes you believe mine more?

and you'd be wrong to say I have no reason to hide that info
I fairly believe EE's claim, if any. Right now, it seems legit, but I want to hear him nameclaim, as smash man said.

You don't, really. There's a watcher. what you have to be afraid of? Fos: Macman

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
jesus rockin, i nameclaimed already go back and read

and if marshy was alive he wudnt be wasting time being suspicious of me.

my info would not help town at but could only help mafia. so rockin if yu are town get off my back and just believe me. and if you still don't believe me, just dont vote for me for the time being. I'm not gonna waste my time trying to prove myself when it's evident that I am town. sigh

Handorin

Smash Hero
Work is keeping me busy, and I won't have time to make any sort of "decent" post until tomorrow.

Since this is easy though:
A lightkeeper (in Epic Mafia) makes it so that all messages and votes are anonymous. I guess the only way for us to do that on a forum is to PM all messages to Scav, and he will post the message leaving out the name.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
As for rockin, I could see there being benefit in mac not telling who he protected. While I would like to hear it, if there's an unusual quirk to his role it could give the mafia more info than they need.
I understand this, but remember, EE claimed watcher and said to have watched Macman twice. Now, if one person claimed watcher and done his nights, while the other person just claimed doctor, wouldn't you find that a bit suspicious?

This is why I need to know the visits, so as to help clarify things. Those only two times EE saw Macman. N0 was when Macman had a barrier and a grenade. The other was on N3 (which keep in mind, EE didn't even say Macman had a barrier or not).

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
ok we should massroleclaim.

clearly something odd is going on since there is 3 town left and 6 ppl left in total. mafia should have already won, and they have yet to. So there must be a way town could still win, or else the game wud be over. At this point mafia knows who the doublevoter is, or can atleast narrow it down to two people, so the double voter would be dead either tonight or tomorrow night. And even if the dvoter survives, and we lynch mafia every day, the last day wud be one scum and one town which would still equal a loss for us. So the double voter can't be the whole reason why this game has yet to end. So i think we should just massclaim and not be afraid of outing the double voter.

So that means, mentos, hando, smashman and rockin what are your roles?

I have way more to say but I don't want to reveal it just yet

Top Bottom