• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MegaMafia | Day 4 - Mafia wins!

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Now, post onto other matters

Macman - Your claim sounds like a watered down roleblocker and it's hard for me to even grasp the fact if it's true or not, especially since you have a chance of MISSING.

Smashman - I actually believed in the Top Man nameclaim cause he would make for a bulletproof thing of the sort, however the roleclaim itself is to be determined. However, with the sudden switch to his real role, I'm not sure whether to believe him or be MAD at him. Either way, I am frowning. =/

I pretty much believe the Doc Robot is the DV only cause he appeared in the vote count. And before, he wasn't able to be in the vote count. However, there is that thing that Smashman said that also seems believable. ><;;

Right now, it seems that everyone is mainly bashing at me due to my early vote and how I was able to 'somehow' see Marshy visit Iggy despite the fact Mentos and smashman already spoke their defitnition of it. That's pretty ignorant if you ask me. =/

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
ninj a'd

rockin, besides EE, who do you think should be the lynch for today?
If anything, Mentos would be a good choice, only cause I don't believe in that name and roleclaim at all and he's been putting up defenses for EE.

But I would be very happy for a EE lynch cause we will be closer to finding out the other Megascums.

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
This is why I find Macman very suspicious. Not outting out his personal visits while confirming both N0 and N3 visits while N1 and N2 are in the dark? This is why I want Macman to really co-operate with the visits so as to help confirm things.As far as you 'guessing right' remains unclear, you are still indeed scum.
They're called the facts, and they don't always line up the way they want you to, scummo. He's endorsing my Watches because my Watching has been accurate. The end.

To everyone else: Don't let this sway you against Mac. Rockin is saying "I think Macman is scummy because he's backing up EE, who I insist is scum." With all the evidence that has been presented, there are two primary possibilities here: Mac and I are ballsy scum backing each other's lies, or Rockin is scum and floundering without a handhold, accusing Macman because it's the only way to legitimize his accusation of me. One of these is vastly more likely than the other.

Let's take a look at 'your role.' Whoever you watch, you can see a projectile or something of that nature. First of all, your power would be pretty useless on a field like this. The only way this becomes useful is if the person nameclaims/roleclaims and even following that, that leaves several characters to see if he's really telling the truth. Let's say you saw Macman put up his shield. Look at the list of other characters who uses shields

Woodman
Starman
Skullman
Jewelman
Actually, I already covered almost every single point you just made over a week ago in the post where I first claimed. Maybe you should take care to, I dunno read it.

I quite specifically stated that my ability would seem useless, but could prove very useful in verifying nameclaims and as a supplementary investigation. As for the fact that seeing a barrier could point to Star Man, Skull Man, Jewel Man.... uh, what the hell is your point? They all lend to the same type of ability. The exact. Same. Ability. A barrier of [object] that floats around a person. The distinction doesn't matter in the slightest.

Also, I wouldn't see a "blaster". A blaster is a type of weapon. I see a projectile, a specific thing being done to the person I'm watching. So your hypothetical is already out the window before it got off the ground. Swing and a miss.

There's about at least one other who attacks with a blaster and even then, your power is pretty much useless for those like Topman, who uses themselves as a weapon. Your role power is too general and leaves others to slip into the cracks by effectivly claiming a character. However, my role basically show the name of players who visited them.
Um. I don't know what would happen if I watched Topman, but hurp durp, a Watcher is kind of useless for most people with intrinsic abilities in the first place. I don't think a Watcher in traditional mafia would see a BP strapping a vest to themself, or "visiting themself". Oh but hey, Topman isn't even in the game.

Second of all... no, no it doesn't. My power narrows it down to a very specific category and gives a very tight window of possible claims per projectile observed. I'm pretty sure if I see a barrier on someone and they later claim Skull Man, I can put two and two together.

Lastly, your supposed "role"? Uh yeah, so you say. The bingo nature of it is kind of one of the reasons I refuse to believe it. Especially with your "uh uh oh wait well maybe..." inconsistencies that are popping up left and right.

Also, even if your role was real, how is it that on N0, you saw both MACMANS's power AND Iggy's power? This means you should've been only to see Iggy's grenade on Macman and not Macman using the power himself. Sounds like a slip there, especially if you claimed 'watcher.'
Completely ******** nonpoint, grasping at straws. I watched a barrier on Macman, you dolt. It's not a slip. I see all active projectiles. Skull Barrier was one of those projectiles. I don't think I can hammer it in any better, but I don't think I need to. You obviously know exactly what I meant, and are desperately trying to nitpick anything you can spin into a flaw.

It's not working.

Fun Fact: In Spidey Mafia Nicholas1024 watched Kiki perform an action on himself on N2.

This is a semi dumb reason to look at me scummy (and possibly, the main reason on me in general). If Scav has made a edit with the power so as to make it more useful, then he possibly has. As said before, Marshy visited Iggy. I'm not sure why everyone thinks this is unlikely, especially when several game mods have been recently putting up new roles in their game. Granted, this may not be a new role, but it could be a role Scav has personally fixed up. Not sure why everyone thinks this is unlikely, especially since I posted my findings of Marshy visiting after Mentosman and Smashman spoke their take on the Lightkeeper.
Not a dumb reason at all. On the night that someone was voteblocked you claim to have not seen the voteblocker, which is a gaping tear in your supposed role's logic, and to have seen a role that should not be visiting people and has no reason TO visit them.

The fact that you said it flat out does nothing to refute the logical flaws inherent to the statement. And by the way, there are plenty of other reasons mentioned in my post -- and plenty more to find, I'm sure.

No I didn't. I was basically wtf about it. He came out of NO WHERE, told who he was, and then basically gave his 2 cents. I was VERY very confused because I thought either Smashman or Hando were the DV. However, I listened to him a bit more and looked at everyone's reaction and I was a bit more calm with him around.
Yeah this does nothing to refute the tone of what you first said as I pointed it out. Nothing at all. This is just another insistence that you weren't trying to smear him, and it definitely looks like you were sewing the seeds of distrust.

It wasn't perfect. Macman was going 'LOL I'M TOWN! I'M ALWAYS TOWN. LYNCH IGGY' constantly. It made me wonder if he was really telling the truth or not. His whole reaction was basically him going off like I did in N1 on MexicanBJ. Unlike Macman, I had the personal chance to kill Mexican (who was replaced by warioman) and was really hoping I was just panicking. But alas, he wasn't, I shot him with a big post (that Maf took advantage of), and warioman/mexican was town. Go me =/
If someone puts a posting restriction on you, then claims to have the same posting restriction and tries to get you lynched on that means alone, yes, it is a perfectly rational suspicion. The funny thing is you were more on Iggy about flavor BS -- sound familiar? -- than this fact, and I think the real reason anyone was ever suspicious of him soared ten feet over your head while you kept babbling on and on about how Grenade Man couldn't tell friend from foe... which was never anyone's argument but your own.

It's nothing like what you did to Mex at all. Mex was you taking well-deserved heat from another townie and killing him for it. Mac was picked from the first seconds of this game's beginning and targeted for absolutely no reason. It's not the same. It's not even close.

Also, explain to me how my visits are "just wrong" instead of stating it as a fact, kthx. I already cast a light on your dubious decision to supposedly watch Wikipedia, someone who was 100% either antitown or not going to be nightkilled. You don't get to just say my visits are "wrong" as though your opinion makes it fact. Mine were all logical watches.

That's what you think. My prime skills in that Mafia game was to be smart and use logical choices. Instead of doing the most obvious choice, you do the more logical choice. It's Junglefever's fault for falling for the manipulation move I did on him. Others possibly falling for the same thing may vary, but making others do stupid things isn't my prime skill.
Hahahahaha. Ha. Logical choices? Like taking my bait on both a roleblock AND a kill? Both of which I was trying to attract specifically to take them away from useful people like Tom?

Seems like you weren't as hot as you remember.

Though you have reminded me of your other skill as mafia -- playing off your scummy actions with the dumb/silly card, which got me off your *** when I had you pegged in TLI. It's sure as hell not going to work this time.

On N2, after hearing Tom claim tracker, I roleblocked NO one in that night and went for the kill of Frozenflame. Tom tracked me that night and confronted me, where I was in the perfect situation to claim as Roleblocker (cause you know, I'd been ****ed if I roleblocked someone). I survived that night and I began to make sure my other members stood out of spotlight from that moment on. So yeah, nice try, EE.
Sounds more like you got lucky. And that's one good action versus two where you fell into ploys of my own, so yeah. Not buying it, Rockin. And nice attempt at a topical derail -- you completely skirted my point about you being good at encouraging insidious betrayal. But I didn't forget.

He DOES NOT have the power to freeze time. Pharoh Man had the power to throw mystical energy balls at Mega Man. Not freeze time. That's why I saw it as a 'backup nameclaim' plan.
I'm 98% sure I remember him freezing time when I fought him. Timefreezing Robot Masters don't only have one power, you know. And even if I'm wrong, it's irrelevant. The point is that you were grasping at straws, and you were, and you are.

Really, it's something that I can't personally explain. If I saw Chaco actually visited Iggy on D1, then I probably would've been more calm after he got day killed by wiki. But yeah, I can't really explain this one. It just seems like the night roles work differently on some players.
"Yeah I dunno I do not have an answer to this gargantuan, cavernous hole in my claim. But my claim is still totally better than yours, which has been completely consistent."

Saying you don't have an answer for something does not equate to an answer to it.

I've said it before, but I'll say it again. Getting the names of people is more effective and reliable then getting the possible flavors of each of those that visits that same person. Again, your powers (if they're even 'yours') are too general where as mine is a bit more specific.
Too bad they apparently don't work. Either you're a malfunctioning robot, or a lying one.

Oh, and I only suggested the first part facetiously. You're scum.

I said 'I believe,' because I'm not really sure myself. I should see all that targets the said person I'm watching, but there's the event of N1 and D3, which I can't really explain at all. I should be able to see both projectiles and personal visits, but then there's Chaco's gutsman, to which he's possibly the only exception to my power.
But, of course, if you couldn't see Chaco, then you admit it's possible that you can't see me firing my Search Snakes (in the "hypothetical" scenario that they're real), or Macman firing his Skull Barrier, or Mentos firing his Quick Boomerang... or anything that is not a personal visit.

But hey, at least you can see roles that have no reason to perform a visitation performing a visitation!!! At least you can do that!

"I should be able to do a bunch of stuff but for some reason I can't."

Well, I'm convinced!

I'm basically bashing off to that cracker-jack power you claim to have.
Ohhhhh no you don't. No. You. Don't.

You don't get to put this back on me. I did not claim a tracker, so that's completely irrelevant. I pretty specifically said that my Search Snakes watch my target, so quit with the semantical BS, it really doesn't suit you.

I pointed out a huge possible scumslip and you tried to shirk it and throw it back at me. I'm not having it, and it only digs you deeper into what is already a hundred foot trench. You're scum.

This is going to turn into "nuh-uh no way", I'm sure, so I'm going to stop wasting my time and start trying to puzzle out smashman and mentos. I've quite thoroughly explained how Rockin's posts and arguments have been complete nonsense bullshit toDay, and when the time comes and we've dealt with our more pressing issues, I'll show that this has been the case since Day 1 for you -- about the only thing that HAS had consistency for you in this game.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
Actually, I did. I just forgot that you can see your target's effect happens, but it's still too general for town's taste.

Lastly, your supposed "role"? Uh yeah, so you say. The bingo nature of it is kind of one of the reasons I refuse to believe it. Especially with your "uh uh oh wait well maybe..." inconsistencies that are popping up left and right.
The only thing I mention of problem is the time when I didn't watch Chaco where everyone else I did saw (everyone meaning Marshy and you). Gutsman is possibly the only character I couldn't see. You question more of my powers a bit further down which I'll explain in full.

Yeah this does nothing to refute the tone of what you first said as I pointed it out. Nothing at all. This is just another insistence that you weren't trying to smear him, and it definitely looks like you were sewing the seeds of distrust.
It wasn't 'seeds of distrust,' it was me of being that I was very confused on how to take in the sudden appearance of the Doc Robot. Again, he came out of nowhere and I was mentally battling the 'mysterious Doc Robot claiming DV' vs the 'possible other two DV.'

If someone puts a posting restriction on you, then claims to have the same posting restriction and tries to get you lynched on that means alone, yes, it is a perfectly rational suspicion. The funny thing is you were more on Iggy about flavor BS -- sound familiar? -- than this fact, and I think the real reason anyone was ever suspicious of him soared ten feet over your head while you kept babbling on and on about how Grenade Man couldn't tell friend from foe... which was never anyone's argument but your own.
There was no real reason to really lynch Masterwarlord at the time. When I first saw him and how he reacted, he seemed like a townie that just really messed up on how he did. Chaco did this incident before in TNM where everyone (including myself) were dog piling on him and he didn't know how to defend himself. Then, Iggy came in and claimed Grenade Man, We didn't know truly who was with Mega Man...not to mention we didn't know who was a possible Indie (even though Smashman gave a list). There was also the fact to what he said about his bombs and how they work, which I found anti-town...not to mention when he spoke of that 'flying robot.' I felt a lynch of him would get a lot of answers for all of us, including me personally.

But the lynch didn't happen and I was less then thrilled to lynch Iggy D2 cause I already gotten my answer of the 'flying robot' thing as well as leaning onto the fact of possible mafiats. In the end, I voted for him because he was totally unco-operative with Town.

It's nothing like what you did to Mex at all. Mex was you taking well-deserved heat from another townie and killing him for it. Mac was picked from the first seconds of this game's beginning and targeted for absolutely no reason. It's not the same. It's not even close.
I meant the REACTION as to when I was hit that night. That instead of scumhunting that time, I auto-blamed on Mexican and shot him off the next day.

Also, explain to me how my visits are "just wrong" instead of stating it as a fact, kthx. I already cast a light on your dubious decision to supposedly watch Wikipedia, someone who was 100% either antitown or not going to be nightkilled. You don't get to just say my visits are "wrong" as though your opinion makes it fact. Mine were all logical watches.
I didn't know who to watch on N2 and I felt he's been posting a bit more then in D1, so I didn't really consider him anti-town at the time. Town only saw him anti-town cause he said to have posted 'fluff' and wasn't contributing. I thought watching him may help get me some answers, but I didn't.

Hahahahaha. Ha. Logical choices? Like taking my bait on both a roleblock AND a kill? Both of which I was trying to attract specifically to take them away from useful people like Tom?

Seems like you weren't as hot as you remember.
who said I was? :p

I was just stating how I played in that game. Sure, I was gullible when we decided to NK you that time, but hey, I wasn't perfect lol

And nice attempt at a topical derail -- you completely skirted my point about you being good at encouraging insidious betrayal. But I didn't forget.
I wasn't intending to do that. Just stating how I actually played in that game. the Jungle betrayl thing just seemed to be the highlight of my actions. However, it shouldn't be confused as to how I actually play as Mafia.

I'm 98% sure I remember him freezing time when I fought him. Timefreezing Robot Masters don't only have one power, you know. And even if I'm wrong, it's irrelevant. The point is that you were grasping at straws, and you were, and you are.
Probably confusing him with some other Robot Master in that game, but meh.

"Yeah I dunno I do not have an answer to this gargantuan, cavernous hole in my claim. But my claim is still totally better than yours, which has been completely consistent."

Saying you don't have an answer for something does not equate to an answer to it.

Too bad they apparently don't work. Either you're a malfunctioning robot, or a lying one.
Neither. I'm the Robot Master, Hornet Man: Wily Watcher.

But, of course, if you couldn't see Chaco, then you admit it's possible that you can't see me firing my Search Snakes (in the "hypothetical" scenario that they're real), or Macman firing his Skull Barrier, or Mentos firing his Quick Boomerang... or anything that is not a personal visit.

But hey, at least you can see roles that have no reason to perform a visitation performing a visitation!!! At least you can do that!
AGAIN. I couldn't see Chaco's visits, but I did indeed saw your visit to Macman N3 and, if given the chance, I could've seen Macman's visit to someone as well as Mentos' carboard boomerang. Chaco is so far the only exception to my powers. Any other Night action that goes from one person to another, I will be able to see.

You don't get to put this back on me. I did not claim a tracker, so that's completely irrelevant. I pretty specifically said that my Search Snakes watch my target, so quit with the semantical BS, it really doesn't suit you.

I pointed out a huge possible scumslip and you tried to shirk it and throw it back at me. I'm not having it, and it only digs you deeper into what is already a hundred foot trench. You're scum.
The power may not be cracker jack, but it isn't yours, EE. And I will state that fact each and every chance I get. It is very clear to me that you are scum.

I rather Town should focus choice lynch on either EE or myself. One of us is obviously lying and it's in Town's best interest to knit this in the bud ASAP so we can look onto D5 a bit more effectivly with results from the true watcher. Any other lynch candidate may possibly, in some greater chance, risk the game being over. Once a lynch between either me or EE is set, depending on the circumstances, we could try and further scumhunt on D5.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
rockin yur such a bul****ter, yu were the only one on iggys vote count at the end of both days. but apparently you didn't think he was scum

also chaco was much different, I thought I had chaco on certain scum tells, he didn't do something so horrendously anti town.

also saying you want town to lynch one of yall makes me less inclined to lynch you today. Since it doesn't seem like you are megaman if you are willing to be lynched.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
rockin yur such a bul****ter, yu were the only one on iggys vote count at the end of both days. but apparently you didn't think he was scum
Wait, can you explain to me what you mean by that? I know I voted for Iggy at the end of the day on both days, but in reality, I wanted to lynch off Chaco cause it seemed his constant flip on votes were scummy. I'm pretty sure I voted for him after that big post I did against him.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
also saying you want town to lynch one of yall makes me less inclined to lynch you today. Since it doesn't seem like you are megaman if you are willing to be lynched.
Macman, there isn't much of a choice here atm

Mentos and Smashman are either scum or town. I dunno which anymore. Hando could claim, but it may or may not make the situation any easier at all. Right now Macman, you got two watchers, and if either one left alive to see D5 will make things a bit more confusion, so it's best to just knit this in the bud ASAP so Town can have not one, but two to trust.

If EE wants to discredit my role any further or make anymore scum arguments against me, then fine, as I'll just bash my arguments against him. In the end, one of us should be lynched. Whoever gets lynched between us is either a passing to D5 or a game over. I want town to win like any other. We've havn't been so hot since D1, and this is our chance to get back at Mafia.

The only thing Town can do right now is decide and hope for the best. It's either a hit or miss at this point. and we need to hit three times in a row to win.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
yea no, hando's probs the lynch for today

and I meant, you say that you never really thought iggy was scum. Though you've voted for him both days and you were the ONLY person to do so. Why would you have your vote on him if you didn't think he was scum. At this point I am pretty convinced tht yu are scum, and if yu are town that i guess we deserved to lose.

Rockin

Juggies <3
BRoomer
and I meant, you say that you never really thought iggy was scum. Though you've voted for him both days and you were the ONLY person to do so. Why would you have your vote on him if you didn't think he was scum. At this point I am pretty convinced tht yu are scum, and if yu are town that i guess we deserved to lose.
Look at my post again.

Rockin said:
There was no real reason to really lynch Masterwarlord at the time. When I first saw him and how he reacted, he seemed like a townie that just really messed up on how he did. Chaco did this incident before in TNM where everyone (including myself) were dog piling on him and he didn't know how to defend himself. Then, Iggy came in and claimed Grenade Man, We didn't know truly who was with Mega Man...not to mention we didn't know who was a possible Indie (even though Smashman gave a list). There was also the fact to what he said about his bombs and how they work, which I found anti-town...not to mention when he spoke of that 'flying robot.' I felt a lynch of him would get a lot of answers for all of us, including me personally.
Note the bolds. I'm refering to both individually as to how they personally played. When Masterwarlord played (as in, before he was replaced), I didn't find HIM PERSONALLY scummy because of how he reacted. He felt cornered and didn't know how to defend himself. Then, when IGGY came in (as in, replaced Masterwarlord), I then thought he was scummy BECAUSE of the character he claimed (which was Grenade Man) and how his power worked.

And the only time town deserves to lose is if town don't try hard.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Day 4 Vote Count

Evil Eye - 1 (Rockin)

Not Voting: Evil Eye, Smashman, Handorin, Mentosman, Macman

With 6 alive, it takes 4 to lynch.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
man reread, still feeling uncomfortable about EE being town... maybe both him AND rockin are scum and their argument is all just some elaborate mind **** to get us not to focus on Hando. XD

Anyways, I'm thinking smashman is what he says he is. Really need to see a post from doc.

Is everyone ok with a Hando lynch today?

Doc Robot

BRoomer
BRoomer
Mentosman is scum. His claim is a lie.

I claimed dv to hide Smashman. I was hoping he would trust in me and hide his identity. I assumed Mac would be able to deduce that Smash was the dv and protect him. Sorry guys I tried.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
Why are you answering for mentos?

and the way I see it is. I am clear cuz im a beast. And smashman is clear. And EE is most likely clear... still dunno about him. So mentos has to prove hes not bullshtting and prove to me hes not scum

Evil Eye

Selling the Lie
BRoomer
I believe Smashman over mentos, because he has claimed doublevoter and Doc, who I completely trust, has endorsed this. And as I mentioned before, smashy's paper trail, especially when claims first came up and especially with Doc really makes it gel for me.

As such mentos is scum by default because I know I'm town and I have pretty much total faith in Macman at this point, his general demeanor and actions have been very town in my opinion and fit with how I expect a Dr. Mac to play (semi-spammy and silly for the first few days to avoid nightkill attention).

That makes Hando, Rockin, and Mentos scum, and I can see that easily and feel comfortable with it. With the way Rockin has gunned for my lynch (and then tunneled to a him or me acceptance) suggests to me that he is not Megaman. Leaving Mentos or Hando.

Speaking of Hando, we're still waiting on a claim from you. What's the deal? Still wiki-ing?

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
More people need to post;

Hando claim?
Mentos...
Smashman, what do you think of doc now?
Rockin, who is the lynch besides you?

Handorin

Smash Hero
Hey town, I'm happy for ya and Imma let you finish, but Handorin is the most succesful mafia of all time. OF ALL TIME.

Vote:Smashman

mentosman8

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well, that's game :) just needed it to hit within 48 hours of the deadline(tomorrow night) and we could freeze the votes of the day. And so, the town doublevoter will officially be deadline lynched when the deadline hits no matter what you guys do:)

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
Day 4 Vote Count

Smashman - 2 (Handorin, Mentosman)
Evil Eye - 1 (Rockin)

Not Voting: Evil Eye, Mentosman, Macman

[TIME HAS STOPPED]

Suddenly, all of the Master Robots find themselves suspended in the air. They look around, nervously, as they recognize the icky residue of Flash Man's weapon. Oh dear...

VOTING IS FROZEN. No more votes will be counted. The day continues, but it is effectively twilight. The game will move to Night 4 when the deadline hits.

The voting froze at 8:57an, Central. All votes afterward have not been counted.

#HBC | Mac

Nobody loves me
BRoomer
not much to say, might as well just end the game instead of prolonging the inevitable for 2 days.

Top Bottom