• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman
Just so you know, everyone in Sonic Battle had the ability to slowly recover health.
I know this, but i think healing fits her character really well :D, and battle is one of only s handful of games we have to work with anyways (Battle, Fighters, Heroes, Adventure, Advance).

Besides everyone can spin dash in Sonic 1-3 and Sonic still does in brawl XP

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Rtb, why does Bill's Hat Jiggz only work over FitPurin02?
It's because, unlike the other Jigglypuff models, the sleep hat Jigglypuff (FitPurin02) has the hat as a separate model. Preview FitPurin01 and FitPurin02 in BrawlBox and you'll see what I mean. (And this is the same reason why non-sleep hat textures put over FitPurin02 freeze the game.)

Also, I had noticed a strange glitch with the hat after testing it out.

No, I didn't texture it like that. I think either the Colors or the Material settings need to be changed/fixed (possibly the former), because the hat went reddish-coloured at random times when I was fighting a red Mr. Game and Watch, and it seems to glow brighter when someone's out of the camera range. :S

At least it works. Even if it does have glitches.

Batandy

Smash Apprentice
Let's go back to work...With [illegal] Indiana Jones SotK and trying to insert zim into brawl
RandomTBush,can you go to MSN?I've sended you my contact

DVDV28

Smash Apprentice
Could the list on the first page be changed to links to the mdl0 files for the individual characters?

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Could the list on the first page be changed to links to the mdl0 files for the individual characters?
Uh... No. Mainly because there'd be thousands in total, and that the rules state that you can't post other MDL0 files unless they're completely working in Brawl (complete character PSAs, for example). There'd be no way that I could maintain an entire list of MDL0 files, so be thankful that I have a list of which games are compatible (and which aren't).

humble

Smash Ace
So I noticed that Monster Hunter tri is on the list of working games. Does the game have separate models for your character, armor pieces, and weapon?

RandomTBush, you get another 10 internet cookies for pioneering the field of model importation in brawl. Pharrox was doing it but stopped and never released anything, but you have been open on all your progress and allowed us to get it to work in brawl, so thank you. Your name will be mentioned in the same breath as Phantom Wings and Kryal, the creators of PSA and Brawlbox.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
Awsome i think dry bones will be an awsome character if you could he should be put on yoshi it be pretty cool ya kno

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
DRY BONES!!!!!! Pikazz, can you please pm me the model? My brother has been bugging me to hex dry bones into Brawl but the only models I have access to are his Mario Kart Wii and his NSMBWii models, which don't have enough bones.

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
I think there are too many Porjects going out now with the new models.

I think we all need to work on ONE, then we will might finish the character faster with more support.
I WILL, help with Dry Bones.(as long as he's not on an alloy) I usually help with some animating, testing, ideas, and textures. Only i dont know bull squat about making a moveset.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
I think there are too many Porjects going out now with the new models.

I think we all need to work on ONE, then we will might finish the character faster with more support.
I WILL, help with Dry Bones.(as long as he's not on an alloy) I usually help with some animating, testing, ideas, and textures. Only i dont know bull squat about making a moveset.
I say the more projects the better man , the rapidly increasing progress of how fast these characters are getting done is amazing i think the more people , the more projects, more characters ^^ , also if you do one project and get another character from somethin else you gain a bit more experience in hacking ^^ thats my point of view anyway

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
But that means EVERYONE is working one their OWN project, instead of everybody as a team making a character. Thats what we should do. Make one character that we all can agree on and Get him/her done.

piggybank67

Smash Journeyman
well most projects have a pretty large team
for example naruto we have 4 members here and i've recruited 4 from kittycorp
that makes about 8 and they continue to come in on kittycorp

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Lol i saw that Naruto, just him in the game made me lol.

Well what ever. The people i see that i like are Zero, Megaman Trigger, Cloud, and Naruto.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
There's the appeal in gaining PSA/Model/Animation experience from doing so many individual projects, but the chances of dropping or delaying (not even counting the slower progress) the project increasebecause of that.

However, piggy is partly correct about the team sizes. Zero has something around 8(?) people working on him. Heck, Eldiran can't even do much until they finish perfection on appearance (removing glitches for that matter) and animations anyways.

Tsuyoshio

Smash Journeyman
Exactly. I think that if we make a character, that we ALL should do it.
Dude one character isn't the point of this thread , "THIS" thread talkin about MDLO files from other games , there are tons of threads with just one character but this one everyone can show their work and their progress in hacking and hexing and even gain help from others. Thats all im saying

ds22

Smash Lord
There's the appeal in gaining PSA/Model/Animation experience from doing so many individual projects, but the chances of dropping or delaying (not even counting the slower progress) the project increasebecause of that.

However, piggy is partly correct about the team sizes. Zero has something around 8(?) people working on him. Heck, Eldiran can't even do much until they finish perfection on appearance (removing glitches for that matter) and animations anyways.
Well I'm the same position as Eldiran.
I have to wait until the animations are done before I can begin on the PSA.

And I don't think that it will be useful if we all did one character, because you'll get overcrowding and the fact that we probably couldn't agree who we would do.

GP&B

Ike 'n' Ike
NNID
MetalDude
Or at least have a minimum of 4-6 people on a project. Technically, you don't need 10+ people working on a project unless 5 of those are designated to animations (because there's so many), but that becomes a problem when bringing those all together. Like programming in a real industry, everyone has to be on the same track and constantly updating each other with the animations. Once a model is imported, you'd probably want a team sort of like this (and some of these jobs are practically temporary for that matter):
~1-2 Model clarifiers (rescales the model and effects, fixes visual glitches, fixes textures)
~1 Animation referendum (someone makes a video of the game displaying all of the character's desired moves and/or actions)
~1-3 Animators (creating pretty much that entire list of animations)
~1-2 Moveset developers (PSA, enough said)
Extras:
~1-2 Texture developers (create a more visually matching texture, team textures, related textures)
~1 Theme Music developer (lolwut? Choosing the song takes minimal effort and making the .BRSTM with a good loop takes very little time)

At a minimum, you'll only need 4-5 people. Some can transfer to other tasks once completed (Referendum is pretty much done if they got the video looking pretty smooth; texture developers don't even come into hand until later and sometimes don't even have to be part of the initial team).

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Dude one character isn't the point of this thread , "THIS" thread talkin about MDLO files from other games
You right. From beyond this line shall be on topic!! ....from me.

- - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - - -

CR4CK3RWOLF

Smash Rookie
reply to DahremRuhar9612694

Read the OP! ONLY wii games have mdl0! Gamecube games use bmd. I understand. I would love to have ganondorf from wind waker in brawl. Unfortunately neither wind waker, starfox, or any other gamecube games are possible. Sorry.

EDIT: This does make me curious though. I know that textures for gamecube games are in the same file as their corresponding models. This must mean the bmd is a resource archive similar to a brres. Could this mean that there are mdl0s or at least a similar file inside the bmds? Or has this already been checked?

wait... last time i checked, people were checking this.. so sorry bout that.. but ****.. :(
also i checked Zelda Twilight Princess, its mostly .ARC files.. so i gotta assume this is a no too?
i would like to play as wolf link :D

btw it might be really helpful to post the file types that work, like ones we can convert and the ones that we can do things with.. im just kinda checking games out of the blue...

DahremRuhar

Smash Ace
wait... last time i checked, people were checking this.. so sorry bout that.. but ****..
also i checked Zelda Twilight Princess, its mostly .ARC files.. so i gotta assume this is a no too?
i would like to play as wolf link :D

btw it might be really helpful to post the file types that work, like ones we can convert and the ones that we can do things with.. im just kinda checking games out of the blue...
.arc files are archives holding .bmd files in them. So no, it won't work. The only thing that will work are .mdl0

I have an interesting theory though. Last I checked the Mario Kart Wii SZS modifier has a .x model import function which turns the .x into an mdl0. So In theory, we could import whatever .x model we want into that, then hex it for brawl. Someone should try it because I can't seem to figure out how to use the .x import function.

Stoney

Smash Apprentice
[loh-kay-shuhn] n. The act or process of locating
This, along with a unified list of programs that can open archived files, would be pretty helpful. The unpackers themselves aren't illegal unless they come directly from the Wii SDK or steal over 50% of their code from it, so those that don't should be safe to link to in the OP.

thanyou

Smash Journeyman
It's because, unlike the other Jigglypuff models, the sleep hat Jigglypuff (FitPurin02) has the hat as a separate model. Preview FitPurin01 and FitPurin02 in BrawlBox and you'll see what I mean. (And this is the same reason why non-sleep hat textures put over FitPurin02 freeze the game.)
That makes sense. Thanks :D

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
I have an interesting theory though. Last I checked the Mario Kart Wii SZS modifier has a .x model import function which turns the .x into an mdl0. So In theory, we could import whatever .x model we want into that, then hex it for brawl. Someone should try it because I can't seem to figure out how to use the .x import function.
We need to convert all brawl characters to Mario Kart Wii Format right now. i mean it.:laugh:

EdgyBluz

Smash Apprentice
Hmm, I got my Byakuya model file to work, thanks to Stoney. But, now seeing through some files, I found his animations files. They're CHR0s, but I cannot open them in Brawlbox, it gives me an error. Anyone knows why that happens? I think hex will be necessary. (Again, lol.)
That would be a huge help in the animations phase of the character. Anyone willing to help me? :U

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
.arc files are archives holding .bmd files in them. So no, it won't work. The only thing that will work are .mdl0

OMG! I found a OBJ to .X converter! Models are so close i can poke it!
EDIT: and one for 3ds to .x!!!

luigiman1928

Smash Ace
Now we just need to hex a stage to work on Mario Kart Wii... Should'nt be too hard right? I mean, its so easy to hex there models over to brawl, right?

Top Bottom