• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
I don't know if it's ok to ask this here...

Since we can Import models for brawl from other games... can you all be able to... just... take this from here to a next level... ?

A Brawl Character... in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom...

I would love seen Marth, Fox, Falco and Bowser in TvC :D:D:D
Long answer: TvC would need to go through a similar evolution that Brawl did. Start with ISO texture hacks, then someone makes a file patcher. Slow advances made, leading to music hacks, physics hacks, etc. Soon, someone figures out how to make custom move sets, and a program is built that manages all these hacks together. Finally, after hundreds of people trying to crack the code, one amazing hacker comes in and fixes everyone's problems.

Short answer: No.

Also, wondering if anyone saw this:
Okay, I know I'm way behind the curve here, but how do I get a mdl0 out of the brres for Tatsunoko Vs Cacpom? I'm getting error messages whenever I try to extract it from Brawlbox

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
Long answer: TvC would need to go through a similar evolution that Brawl did. Start with ISO texture hacks, then someone makes a file patcher. Slow advances made, leading to music hacks, physics hacks, etc. Soon, someone figures out how to make custom move sets, and a program is built that manages all these hacks together. Finally, after hundreds of people trying to crack the code, one amazing hacker comes in and fixes everyone's problems.

Short answer: No.
the agony!!!

:'(

thx for replying thoug:)

SqLeon

Smash Journeyman
...If we know where the mdl0 is located in tvc, wouldnt someone just have to replace the mdl0 of tvc with the mdl0 of a brawl file. Then start from the last step of RandomTBush's guide and work upward.

kailmanning

Smash Rookie
Do you really thing you can get him to release anything now without offering him naked women?
Random e-mail guy, you have opened up a can of worms that we are desperately trying to close.
Close It?! Screw That Lemme Open It Back Up! lol jk Or..... Am I? Hehehehe

Gregory2590

Smash Journeyman
NNID
phireblast
I wonder if anyone who hacks will play the next SSB game(if it happens to exist) once this model hacking stuff becomes a cakewalk? Because right now, we can create our own game at our stage of hacking.

n64billy

Smash Ace
Which Pokémon were you trying to correct the models for? I'll take a look at it when I get back from the store.
Well I've tried Haunter (Even though he sadly can't be playable D: ), Blaziken (ds22 gave me his though), Scizzor, and a few others I can't recall. Heatran still worked fine.... which I don't understand.

Also, wondering if anyone saw this:
Lol :laugh:
Firstly, TvC doesn't use .brres files, it uses .fpk files.. so you'll need to find a program that unpacks those... ds22 posted one a little back.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
So far, the only other MDL0 I've seen from a non-Brawl game with Textures2 is Haruhi, and the Decals listed in the Materials1 subgroups all link to those names in Textures2. (ToonTex_02 doesn't have a Decal link, and it's not in Textures2, so...) I'm guessing it probably has something to do with the fact that all the other models don't have Textures2.

...I haven't even tested Haruhi in-game yet, so I don't know if she has the same materials problem that every other model seems to have or not. Aaaaand I don't feel like testing it out right now, since I'm not feeling too well at the moment. (I blame the fact that I've been having trouble sleeping for the past few days...)

(And, no, I don't really care about The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, before anyone asks.)
Did you read the PM I sent you?

LOL. THIS WAS WORTH A POST.

SOMEONE SENT THIS TO ME ON YOUTUBE.

hey man i saw your hacks on smashbros on texture hacking and i would do ANYTHING to get you to help me out with that. i have a really sexy gf that can show you **** on webcam if you help me out but you gotta pretty much do the work for me. i have homebrew already so hopefully that makes it easy but i want you to like give me the files so i can basically just do it. please i am begging you!!! like i said she'll show you w.e

ps mostly looking for shadow and fierce diety link and twilight levels
It official, you are a celebrity.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord

hey man i saw your hacks on smashbros on texture hacking and i would do ANYTHING to get you to help me out with that. i have a really sexy gf that can show you **** on webcam if you help me out but you gotta pretty much do the work for me. i have homebrew already so hopefully that makes it easy but i want you to like give me the files so i can basically just do it. please i am begging you!!! like i said she'll show you w.e

ITS A TRAP!

lol the girls prolly either morbidly obese or incredibly ugly xD

DeeDoubleU

Smash Journeyman
Which is what was being asked. The distribution of the models. Technically ripping the models is wrong too. Let me put this as simple as possible. Pretend Nintendo is just a person, you walk into their house and turn their television around and they are not allowed to move it back. Same deal here. We are messing with property of nintendo. Now falling into play about outside models, its like stealing someones personal belongings and giving them to someone else. Saying you own the product so you can hack it is like saying if you owned a crowbar you should be allowed to pry someones door off and go into their house uninvited.

Everything commited to modifying the content of the game or extracting to another source reguardless of distribution is a sin.
I think I've just seen the stupidest analogy I'll ever read in my life.

Suren

Smash Journeyman
I think I've just seen the stupidest analogy I'll ever read in my life.
=/ It wasn't meant to be the worlds best analogy seriously people stop bringing back posts where the subject is dropped. That's even dumber than my analogy.

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
Did you read the PM I sent you?
Yeah, I did, but I haven't been able to do anything about that yet. (Plus, I've also got to get Blaze and Silver for other people.)

If you want to get 'em yourself (since I'm not feeling well at the moment), the character models are in the "character" folder on the ISO, and are in CPK files. Go download the utf_tab suite from here and use CPKUnpack to... well, unpack the CPKs. There seems to be three types of models for each character -- "L", "M" and "S", which are (in order) Large, Medium and Small. Obviously, the "L" models have the most polygons (about as much as an average Brawl character), but the heads are separate models for those and the "M" models (and the only way to re-attach them is to rebuild the MDL0s). The "S" models are quite low-poly in comparison -- about as much polygons as an assist trophy character would have. The "figureskate_D" folder seems to be a good pick for the models, since they have all three variations, but the boss characters are only available in the folders for the events they're in.

*continues rambling*

DeeDoubleU

Smash Journeyman
=/ It wasn't meant to be the worlds best analogy seriously people stop bringing back posts where the subject is dropped. That's even dumber than my analogy.
I'm sorry, but it was just so awful I had to say something.

b2j135

Da Bess Pit
NNID
b2j135
3DS FC
3222-5569-3062
Yeah, I did, but I haven't been able to do anything about that yet. (Plus, I've also got to get Blaze and Silver for other people.)

If you want to get 'em yourself (since I'm not feeling well at the moment), the character models are in the "character" folder on the ISO, and are in CPK files. Go download the utf_tab suite from here and use CPKUnpack to... well, unpack the CPKs. There seems to be three types of models for each character -- "L", "M" and "S", which are (in order) Large, Medium and Small. Obviously, the "L" models have the most polygons (about as much as an average Brawl character), but the heads are separate models for those and the "M" models (and the only way to re-attach them is to rebuild the MDL0s). The "S" models are quite low-poly in comparison -- about as much polygons as an assist trophy character would have. The "figureskate_D" folder seems to be a good pick for the models, since they have all three variations, but the boss characters are only available in the folders for the events they're in.

*continues rambling*
will do and after I get MS (and maybe Shadow as well) model, all I need to do is follow your guide? I hope so, and I hope you feel better l8r.

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
I guess i worded that wrong. it's like a habit i try to get out of, but its too addicting
Do not fight it! Come to the hack side!

............Or he could just ISO hack and follow this guide backwards............

BigShark....if you helped the guy and he kept his word...pics or it didn't happen. ;D
I agree.

skoll

Smash Rookie

i'd say accept record, then post to a p0rnz site for cash? u'll profit a lot XD

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
im gonna try and fix collision for rock lee. better yet, get falcon's animations to work on him

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Hey RandomTBush, can we make a section with universal game size mods? for example, scaling the naruto characters to be a proper size, is to make them about 11 times bigger. This way, people making characters from the same game can be constant with size

BG3

Smash Journeyman
Hey BigSharZ, are you still working on Mewtwo?

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
just thought id drop a little hype over here

The colors seem slightly pale, but soon, this will be the proper size without using PSA

shock44

Smash Journeyman
"if a model is the only file in a bres node, or if the bres file size does not change.

The problem has been fixed, and post-processing now re-links the texture name. Here is a screen of the entry:"

So wait. Is he saying we have to have the bress node only have a model or we need to have the file size not changed and that will fix the textures problem on that stage? Or is he saying that we need to do something with the decal texture name? I'm not getting this.

thegreatkazoo

Smash Master
is bomberman a possibility? possibly rip the model from bomberman land wii or the japanese bomberman game (pretty much bomberman blast+).

Top Bottom