• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDL0 files from Non-Brawl games

Fen__

Smash Ace
And you, I'm glad that theres more people interested in working on Klonoa, BUT if you look back in the posts I already called dibs on working on him. If you want to work on him too then please let me know cuz I would love to work together with someone on this because then it would come out better. The first thing we need to figure out by the way, since ive already gotten Klonoa to work on luigi, is that we need to figure out how to change his bone indexes through hex editing, I've already gone to the trouble of renaming most of Klonoa's bones to match most of Luigi's. If you guys or anyone else wants to help me then pm me or IM me on MSN or AIM. My MSN is zeal2nd@yahoo.com (yes I know its a yahoo email but thats what I used for my MSN account, just search it and you'll find me) my AIM is zeal2nd.
The "dibs" are meaningless. Not discouraging a collaboration, but he's free to work on it independently if he wants. Calling dibs in a thread on smashboards doesn't preclude anyone else using that model for their own model. Sorry.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
Oh wow. We have fixed two of the three Zero problems. The textures are fixed, and the infinite glitch is being fixed at the moment, by Fireking220. Now we need to find out how to fix that mapping problem, but I'm sure TBush will find a way to fix it.

ds22

Smash Lord
Oh wow. We have fixed two of the three Zero problems. The textures are fixed, and the infinite glitch is being fixed at the moment, by Fireking220. Now we need to find out how to fix that mapping problem, but I'm sure TBush will find a way to fix it.
If all those problems are fixed, could you (or anyone else who knows) post how to fix those problems?

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal
What everyone is doing is already a big sin.
You know there is a (large) difference between a sin and pissing a company off, right?

dont know why he got so dark :/ maybe the shading went wrong
The texure problem, which it seems people still haven't listened to me about.

Here's a test: Anyone that wants to know how to get the hitboxes sized correctly with the character, PM me
Do you mean hurtboxes or hitboxes? Hitboxes are easy, hurtboxes are the problem.

So do most or maybe even all Gamecube games use BDL?
I highly doubt it. Think about it, do all Wii games use MDL0? No, there is MDL0, BDL, and many, many more.

I figured as much that they weren't MDL0. I believe that was mentioned earlier.
Many, many times.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
The "dibs" are meaningless. Not discouraging a collaboration, but he's free to work on it independently if he wants. Calling dibs in a thread on smashboards doesn't preclude anyone else using that model for their own model. Sorry.
I know he can work on it if he wants. But if we're all working on it at the same time then we'll all have our own different versions of Klonoa, and I'd rather have us combine all our ideas so we dont end up with so many different versions.

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
If all those problems are fixed, could you (or anyone else who knows) post how to fix those problems?
Well, sure, here's what we did for the textures:

"I found that the entire face texture was 100% transparent except for the (black) eyes. So I went into it's Palette and removed every single colors transparency."

^ By doing that, the transparent face became visible.

For the glitch of textures:

"Go into PSA, open the pac file and open up Link's file and go to sub-actions, and in each animation there should be a code in the other category called 18000100: 0-6, just delete them."

It will take a while to do, but it'll be worth it at the end.

Emeril127

Smash Cadet
I know he can work on it if he wants. But if we're all working on it at the same time then we'll all have our own different versions of Klonoa, and I'd rather have us combine all our ideas so we dont end up with so many different versions.
yha thats a pretty good idea, Im doing the model with the zipper jacket though.

shock44

Smash Journeyman
yha thats a pretty good idea, Im doing the model with the zipper jacket though.
Oh, that's good that means I don't have to go to the trouble of hexing that one. I did the first costume first just for practice.

So who wants to start a Klonoa group :o It would be faster
I up for it. You and Emeril127 and whoever else wants to help. We should work on it together. Do you guys happen to have instant messagers or skype cuz I can work better with you guys if we can talk instantly rather then on this forum.

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
dammit, someone just added me and I said no. Could you tell me your email D:

shock44

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, open the mdl0 in hex editor, go to the bone's model offset, and a few bytes ahead should be the index. make sure you swap indexes, so you dont have duplicates
Okay, the thing is though I don't know what to look for. I go to the offset but how do I know what to change and where the bone index is and what to change it to?

-BigSharkZ-

Smash Lord
LOL. THIS WAS WORTH A POST.

SOMEONE SENT THIS TO ME ON YOUTUBE.

hey man i saw your hacks on smashbros on texture hacking and i would do ANYTHING to get you to help me out with that. i have a really sexy gf that can show you **** on webcam if you help me out but you gotta pretty much do the work for me. i have homebrew already so hopefully that makes it easy but i want you to like give me the files so i can basically just do it. please i am begging you!!! like i said she'll show you w.e

ps mostly looking for shadow and fierce diety link and twilight levels

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
Okay, the thing is though I don't know what to look for. I go to the offset but how do I know what to change and where the bone index is and what to change it to?
if you r looking to change bone 2, the part should be something like 0002 and 3 would be 0003 and so on

Emeril127

Smash Cadet
Im up for it, i just need to get an Msn Account. (I even got a song for him already too).

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
JESUS CHRIST!!! this is... definitivamente... AWSOME!!!

plz... make megaman too... and plz... do ryu and ken aswell :D:D:D

man... this made my day ;)
ehh, make sure you fix the dark textures, and dont get too too into animations, cuz i might make a PROPER model resizer (yeah, resizing model with vertex hacking) and the animations would get a little messed up after that

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
That didnt work, there isnt even a texture referance in the textures2 folder.(at least on my character.)
So far, the only other MDL0 I've seen from a non-Brawl game with Textures2 is Haruhi, and the Decals listed in the Materials1 subgroups all link to those names in Textures2. (ToonTex_02 doesn't have a Decal link, and it's not in Textures2, so...) I'm guessing it probably has something to do with the fact that all the other models don't have Textures2.

...I haven't even tested Haruhi in-game yet, so I don't know if she has the same materials problem that every other model seems to have or not. Aaaaand I don't feel like testing it out right now, since I'm not feeling too well at the moment. (I blame the fact that I've been having trouble sleeping for the past few days...)

(And, no, I don't really care about The Melancholy of Haruhi Suzumiya, before anyone asks.)

StarWaffle

Smash Lord
I thought you were done brawl hacking fortwaffles.

@emiril127 awsome 3 people is better than 1

digiholic

Smash Ace
NNID
digiholic
Okay, I know I'm way behind the curve here, but how do I get a mdl0 out of the brres for Tatsunoko Vs Cacpom? I'm getting error messages whenever I try to extract it from Brawlbox

Overdrive64

Smash Journeyman

hey man i saw your hacks on smashbros on texture hacking and i would do ANYTHING to get you to help me out with that. i have a really sexy gf that can show you **** on webcam if you help me out but you gotta pretty much do the work for me. i have homebrew already so hopefully that makes it easy but i want you to like give me the files so i can basically just do it. please i am begging you!!! like i said she'll show you w.e

ZOMG, this is the greatest breakthrough to date. We've gotten so good at hacking we are actually able to see nude women on the internet. O.o I never thought I'd see the day.

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
ehh, make sure you fix the dark textures, and dont get too too into animations, cuz i might make a PROPER model resizer (yeah, resizing model with vertex hacking) and the animations would get a little messed up after that
now I'm lost...

XD

I know nothing of exporting models to brawl or working with Textures :O

I was just over exited with that zero vid :)

if I had the Knowledge and the time to, I would love to help on this

RandomTBush

Smash Ace
I know this isn't too relevant, but I'm having a very hard time picturing Haruhi in a fighting game. It seems like she would just win because she wants to.
Who said anything about fighting? If anything, I would make her watch the fight in the background. Kinda like in that one MUGEN stage that Choiyer made.

...No, not another Realm of Falcon-type thing where you fight on a character's hands. Everyone's doing that nowadays.

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
now I'm lost...

XD

I know nothing of exporting models to brawl or working with Textures :O

I was just over exited with that zero vid :)

if I had the Knowledge and the time to, I would love to help on this
ehh, i meant that to be twords BSZ... which im starting to get creeped out by with his facination in that youtube message he's got.

We have no honor hacking brawl. It's frowned upon, and what brings true glory is making your own game from scatch. (like i'll be doing)

brawlshifter

Smash Lord
If you look at this, you're a stalker: NorCal

Let me guess, you helped the guy out?:p

@Dantarion: Is the program almost ready?

@Bionic Sonic: I completely understand why we can't post the BRRES or MDL0 files from other games, but if they are already completely working over a Brawl character, and we do not post the original file, then is it okay to post them? If we only post the Brawl pac file?

@fortwaffles: I have honor hacking Brawl. (From myself.) Kryal, PhantomWings, Dantarion, Pharrox, you, RandomTBush, BigSharkZ, and many others are honored by many people for their hacks.

L-a-t-e-r-a-l-u-s

Smash Ace
Shameless plug: Midna v1.0

I've thought about this, and it does seem cool (and possible, if we can get TP models in), but Link sort or relies on all of his B moves... So how would that work?
Well I was thinking of losing his bombs, orrrrrrrr sort of like Samus and ZSS where it's after his final smash

NAMQ_DrunkeNFeasT

Smash Journeyman
I don't know if it's ok to ask this here...

Since we can Import models for brawl from other games... can you all be able to... just... take this from here to a next level... ?

A Brawl Character... in Tatsunoko vs. Capcom...

I would love seen Marth, Fox, Falco and Bowser in TvC :D:D:D

EDIT:

and plz do quote me plz!!!

fortwaffles

Smash Ace
@fortwaffles: I have honor hacking Brawl. (From myself.) Kryal, PhantomWings, Dantarion, Pharrox, you, RandomTBush, BigSharkZ, and many others are honored by many people for their hacks.
I guess i worded that wrong. it's like a habit i try to get out of, but its too addicting

Top Bottom