• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDK Presents ~Hype Not Hate~ Brawl Weekly Casuals

MDK00

Smash Ace
THIS SUNDAY IS CANCELED. I WILL BE AT A SOUL CALIBUR 4 TOURNAMENT. WISH ME LUCK. THANKS!

first post status is updated as well.

MDK00

Smash Ace
i think im decent enuff to not come last. if i dont come last thats an accomplishment all in itself. i think i've played the game in total about 10 times or less so im not expectin to much just want to meet the toronto sc4 scene.

im pretty sharp tho i shud be able to scrub a couple of ppl =D

Gichan

Smash Champion
Yo Rae, I'l go with you the next time, just for the sake of a tournament experience of another game. This way I'll actually play SC4 as well.

MDK00

Smash Ace
Yo Rae, I'l go with you the next time, just for the sake of a tournament experience of another game. This way I'll actually play SC4 as well.
my friend (azn dude from last time) learned to use talim. talim is pretty weak sauce but she does have some good gimmicks and pressure. what makes talim crap is she has **** dmg output.

the good about her is she has lots of multi hittin moves which ***** soul gauge. her greatest weapon is she has MANY moves that force ur opponent to crouch state on block. the good thing about that is only veterans know that its not safe to atk from crouch state unless u have a ridiculously fast atk (which very few have). this allows u to work their soul gauge hardcore. once you've conditioned them to blocking its a free grab. only probably here is at high lvl play they will be waiting for talim to try to grab and counter then. but u can also opt for the idea that when ur workin their soul gauge ppl will eventually get flinch and you can either GI, punish the atk b4 it comes out (frame adv tactics), or block then punish accordingly (most rising moves are unsafe on block). Her unblockables and guardcrushers are pretty fast so mixin those in is too good.

but like i said her dmg output is low so u gotta work ur opponent a bit harder then most.

lol good luck rae. who do you use in SCIV?
taki. the sexiest ***** in SC4.
i stab b!tches n make em scream "kyahhh kyahhh"
and i steal all the boys virginity.
da b!tches of soul calibur for life!

MDK00

Smash Ace
Lol watch this video its so ****ed up, ahahha chris hanson kicks pedos ***** in sc4.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Zh--...f21/mlg-fails-for-now-lets-see-if-serge-t682/

at 2:57. Where is that music from. Is it from Persona? It sounds sooo familiar i just cant put a name on it.

nvm i remember its from this game on wii, its kinda like GTA but u get this electric staff. I forget the name of the game.
this is why i dont let you use my laptop when you come to my house...

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Aahahha doubts. If you listened I needed to figure out how to reset my video output settings on my PS3, because at home I use HDMI.

J.L

Smash Ace
i got so many assignments and midterms coming up so Im gonna be school johning for a while. Ill try to make it to watever I can.

Although wednesdays are actually better for me, Im not sure if anyone else feels the same. I usually use sundays for catching up and stuff. :S

Gichan

Smash Champion
Wednesdays!!! And Rae, man that advice is appreciated. Although she doesn't have a fast enough move to abuse frame advantage it's still a good option. What I'll do is maybe work on another character, probably Amy or Seung Mina, but still practice Talim. she has her potential, like you said, and hopefully I can play with this asian dude later and learn from him.

MDK00

Smash Ace
if you guys rather have casuals on a wednesday over sunday just let me know. so far im hearin 2 votes. anyone else?

pastaboy

Smash Champion
is this every wednesday or just for this special event, i personally wuld like wednesdays but i too have school johns.

YOO NATE how wuld u get up there if mike is in school during the week, he is only able to drive on sundays.

JvaN_

Smash Apprentice
Man.. I remember SCII.. that was a fun game to play.

I have class everyday, and I absolutely have no time at all for the casuals on Wednesdays because my day ends at like 10:30 pm lol.. So Sundays would be better for me.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
X was best tourney character in sc2 if you weren't good or was sort of average.

hands down.

she was a big reason i think the game wasn't that good competitively.

cervy and ivy were maybe more broken overall because they're better characters and have better busted moves i think but a patient X was just like the gayest thing ever.

kyle, maxi sucked in sc2 i think at high level someone tried to prove he was "average" but it was only partial success and mostly fail. he's pretty bad. nightmare was somewhere near the middle of mid. kilik was bad.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
lower end of mid i think but i don't really remember. i remember there was like one good voldo who traveled for evo and stuff (aris iirc) and then everyone else sucked with him.

edit: voldo's mostly just weird, a kind of ******** movement character who thrived off pokes at midrange. he sort of failed against rushdown. his only good stuff i think was his ******** stances, stance traps, and pressure but beyond that he wasn't really outstanding. oh and his lows were pretty good.

KirbyKaze

Smash Legend
because of this conversation i looked up aris vs mick from evo2004, the mm and the bracket match.

oh voldo.

poor voldo.

i wish he didn't get ***** in close range so hard, i really do.

4Serial

Smash Lord
Yeah I heard rumors of the new DS with camera and mp3
i'm copping that **** LOL but i'ma wait til we find out that R4s won't work on it or something.
I don't have a DS yet, and I wanna get one soon.. and I need a new MP3. And a camera would be nice.

OMG PUNCH OUT? That game was **** for super nintendo.

Top Bottom