• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDK Presents ~Hype Not Hate~ Brawl Weekly Casuals

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
LOL **** METAKNIGHT
I honestly think tournament play would be a lot better without him
There really is no downside to banning him imho.

Anth0ny I was the first big MK, lol and the first one to drop him. Phil doesn't need him as a crutch anymore.

I also still find it hilarious that all of ambrose's car crew don't exactly tier ***** with our mains, but we definetly do with our secondaries.
I mean ****, within a week of playing Neo we all picked up Marth hahaha.

KingAce

Smash Ace
lol yea if mk gets banned honestly ill just play snake and falco... covers every matchup pretty **** well.
ya max dont ban mk for your tournament just yet wait till the SBR officially bans mk if it happens then ban MK.
nate i could see some downsides to banning mk... some people would simply quit since they are used to winning and cant do **** with their secondaries so that takes away ppl from the scene
anddd it makes DDD that much gayer lol

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Ace why don't you challenge yourself and play like...Ness or Captain Falcon or something?

Or perhaps Melee?

It sounds like you don't really want a challenge, so you'll only play the best characters =P.

...unless you're joking. You're joking right?

Anth0ny

Smash Master
Ace why don't you challenge yourself and play like...Ness or Captain Falcon or something?

Or perhaps Melee?

It sounds like you don't really want a challenge, so you'll only play the best characters =P.

A challenge? Or a desire to lose? :laugh:

Someone like Marth or Kirby would suffice. I'd definitely use them if MK gets banned.

4Serial

Smash Lord

Or perhaps Melee?

Maybe because he feels he has the best chance at winning and stuff?

By your logic, you would like Melee a lot more than Brawl, but you play Brawl basically for the reason Ace plays top/high tiers. lmfao

And holy ****, pandora looks like a beast. how much is it? like $300-$400? <_<
i'll buy that over DSi lol

TheDUD

Smash Journeyman
lol ya ill play ness if thers every any low tier tournies
Hey stay off Ness jks
My Ness seems to be getting more crappy....I've just started using Peach and I'm already better with her :( If this keeps up then Peach will be my main...

R.I.P. Ness.......sniff

nickcam

Smash Ace
O **** if metaknight gets banned theres gonna be more DDD's...... Dam it the chain grabs to grab release will make Wario almost unplayable. ANyone up for banning DDD lol

Mikey7

Smash Lord
MK shouldn't be banned, but if he does that will just create an influx of Snakes and Dedede's they are the next best thing. Hopefully he doesn't get banned.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
O **** if metaknight gets banned theres gonna be more DDD's...... Dam it the chain grabs to grab release will make Wario almost unplayable. ANyone up for banning DDD lol
But here's the thing. You pick up a secondary that does well against DDD, who is your main's worst matchup. With MK, you can't do that. You'd just end up picking up MK, then he becomes your main, and then we talk about him being banned :laugh:

KingAce

Smash Ace
in my opinion ddd has no bad matchups after mk is banned, everything else is pretty much 50/50 or advantage for DDD
ppl that give ddd trouble : falco, gaw and mk
other then that he either has a solid advantage over the rest of the characters
besides falco isnt even that bad and neither is GaW its like 50/50

Mikey7

Smash Lord
I've never had any kind of problem with any Toon Link lol.

Dedede gets ***** by: Falco (terrible match, get cged to 64%, no chain grab on him and ability to camp with lasers), GaW whcih isnt too bad, Olimar (brutal also, gl approaching a campy one), Ice Climbers (I gave up on this match up). Fox does well vs him, Pikachu does very well but he won't kill Dedede til 200%.

Dedede doesn't have it THAT bad vs MK, I can deal with most MK's I face but I always end up doing something stupid and losing for it. Only MK's that I have problem with are ones on the PR, I beat every other MK.

Miller

Smash Lord
Well no matter what happens, I wont have to worry :)

But it's laughable how everyone is saying that D3, Snake, and Falco are broken. D3 has ALOT of bad matchups or equal matchups. Snake also has some bad match ups and even more equal match ups. Falco is falco >_> He really cannot be classified as broken.

KingAce

Smash Ace
lol ya snakes not broken...right lets see
he has a tilt that comes out ridiculously fast (faster than mks dsmash) and does 21%
he has a guaranteed shield stab if you time it with jab-->ftilt
his jab just about goes into anything because of the hit stun and low lag time
he can camp the hell out of basically the entire cast except a few characters
his utilt and ftilt has ridiculous hitboxes that you cant even see
his nair and dair do like 30% each.....

millar u even sed snake was broken like a month ago

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Lol Snake is broken, but he can be easily beat if you know what to do.

When I play Snakes, I just make sure I keep them in the air and I keep a constant pressure on them.
That way they can't mortar slide, tilt camp, grenade camp, etc.

Miller

Smash Lord
The fact that a decent amount of characters can beat him its good enough to make him not uber broken. Sure, Snake is a ridiculous character, but that doesn't make him completely broken.

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Falco is MAD broken too, but nobody else is MK broken.

I honestly think that without metaknight Falco will rule.
Beats snake, beats ddd, goes even with Marth. Does better against everyone else. Slight disadvantage to GaW.
Yeah, I think that'd be the end.

The whole concept is that at least with characters other than mk there are counterpicks or very even matches, with MK the best you could possibly sit at is even.

Iceclimbers sure will be having fun without MK around, I can tell you that.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master

KingAce

Smash Ace
the only 2 REALLY bad matchups falco had were MK and Kirby...
maybe DDD vs falco is alright but thats just because i play DDD so i dont think its that bad since I havent really faced a really good falco yet
although I can see a falco just camping the hell out of DDD on final or someting where ddd cant do ****
wait so MK is COMPLETELY broken all of a sudden? he has broken moves just like snake and a really good recovery but to be honest its mostly only the better players that see this...
for example julians wario was beating out every MK at the time except nates
ambrose GaW won T9 having to beat like 4 MK mains
nates falco pretty much goes even with most metaknights in the GTA
maxs snake and kirby pretty much never lose to metaknights here

see how metaknight can be beaten by a lot of different players? because they find ways around it...you cant say MK is COMPLETELY broken yes hes broken but not to the point where its "i play mk i get a free win"

Mikey7

Smash Lord
I still think people need to just learn the matchup...remember how many ppl were complaining about Snake being broken in the beginning? Then counters were found for Snake...its just taking longer with MK. There are characters that do well vs MK, none with a complete advantage though except maybe Snake because of grenades. Falco has a 51% advantage on MK...hes beatable.

D

Deleted member

As a peach main the only character that scares me entirely was MK. Falco wasn't a big deal; Snake was a nuisance but beatable, and DDD can't CG.

KingAce

Smash Ace
DDD can CG the hell outta peach lol ask Niko I was using DDD and 2 chain grabs across the stage basically got niko up to like 80%
edit: ya mikey ur right man like falco can CG mk up to 50% and its not like mk completely dominates falco since u can sort of like footstool the nado or reflect/laser it. just play carefully like against snake... try not to get in the air too much against mk and its like 55/45 or 50/50

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Niko ***** MK's, its really fun to watch lol. Peach isn't hard to chaingrab at all, you can get about 3 sliding chaingrabs across Smashville and 4 non sliding.

Want to wifi? I'm bored lol

Miller

Smash Lord
Falco is MAD broken too, but nobody else is MK broken.Exactly my point, and Falco isnt that broken though.

I honestly think that without metaknight Falco will rule. But then IC counters Falco,even though not by a large margin, does that mean that IC will become more popular?
Beats snake, beats ddd, goes even with Marth. Does better against everyone else. Slight disadvantage to GaW. IC can go even with snake, they beat DDD, and also beats marth. There also around even to GaW, GaW having the 60/40 advantage.
Yeah, I think that'd be the end.

The whole concept is that at least with characters other than mk there are counterpicks or very even matches, with MK the best you could possibly sit at is even.

Iceclimbers sure will be having fun without MK around, I can tell you that.Best Quote Ever
Everything I said was in blue

KingAce

Smash Ace
millar im not trying to start **** but if you really think that then lets do a series of MM $5 each
my falco vs ur ic
snake vs ic
DDD vs ic
GaW vs ic

I know the above 4 definately can beat ICs with relative ease using gay tactics but still they work

Miller

Smash Lord
millar im not trying to start **** but if you really think that then lets do a series of MM $5 each
my falco vs ur ic
snake vs ic
DDD vs ic
GaW vs ic

I know the above 4 definately can beat ICs with relative ease using gay tactics but still they work
I know your not trying to start **** but yea, im down.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
How's about we all play characters that take alot of time and skill...like Link...or CF?

Screw it, let's just play Melee. Atleast Melee's top characters take ALOT a practice to become good with.

nickcam

Smash Ace
Before i said the banning of ddd as a joke but when u think about it DDD is the only character in the game that makes certain characters unusable. At least if u play a character like donkey kong u still have a chance while playing against metaknights but once someone goes ddd ur chance is completely thrown out the window with one grab. Im probabaly just bashing on DDD because hes so frustrating to play against as Wario.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Before i said the banning of ddd as a joke but when u think about it DDD is the only character in the game that makes certain characters unusable. At least if u play a character like donkey kong u still have a chance while playing against metaknights but once someone goes ddd ur chance is completely thrown out the window with one grab. Im probabaly just bashing on DDD because hes so frustrating to play against as Wario.

You do very well vs my Dedede lol

nickcam

Smash Ace
ya its not that but a wario in general has to be playing very good to stand a chance against ddd no matter who is playing. One grab with a release across a level is like what 40-50 damage or something. I think every person who plays wario feels the same...

Top Bottom