• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDK Presents ~Hype Not Hate~ Brawl Weekly Casuals

MDK00

Smash Ace
How big was the tourney?

And that Talim was pretty nifty
16 exactly. i think this was the most solid community in terms of skill that i've seen. also very respectful. ppl were very open, every1 stayed til the end, every1 actually watched the grand finals, and more importantly... ppl clapped after every match. i think that shocked me the most lol. the **** was there but the respect was there as well.

brawl community will always be #1 in terms of numbers. also very friendly too.

Percon

Smash Lord
That's cool, they sounds like a chill group.

When it comes to video game communities, you can't really go wrong, can you? I mean, we're all just big geeks on the inside :p (at least I am)

Also my brother rented Tales of Vesperia and I need to play that again. Badly.

MDK00

Smash Ace
just out of curiosity, how much was the entrance fee? and the distribution of prizes?
10$ entry
70/20/10 split

now that i think about it i played a good raph in casuals. i have a MUCH more solid idea of how he works now n what his combos look like. although i think u have the jist of it.

Gichan

Smash Champion
Rae, I didn't comment on bringing your 360 back cause I was going to do it already, lol. But yeah, of course, BUT things to mention. The payment, I know you can't really trust me with $100, so I guess you can pick the 360 up yourself and pay him then or something, we'll talk about that to clear it up. Another thing, you will get two games for free along with the $100, so let's say SC4 and Tales of Vesperia (this game is **** good, lol) then $5 for any other games,

In this case $105= modded 360, SC4, Vesperia, and Sonata.

"Yo, what about Battle Phantasia *****?" This is because he doesn't have a copy of the game to to burn it. we have tried rental stores and his mailing service thingy (sends him games periodically) but he doesn't have it on him to burn it. If you can get a copy of it (of your friend or something), please bring it and you'll get a copy of it for free.

Come to think of it, don't give me the money till I bring your 360 back to you because he may not even be able to mod yours since you have to have a specific cd drive (samsung), but don't worry too much, a samsung drive is very common. Usually it's 360 Elites that don't come with it, I was lucky.

MDK00

Smash Ace
Rae, I didn't comment on bringing your 360 back cause I was going to do it already, lol. But yeah, of course, BUT things to mention. The payment, I know you can't really trust me with $100, so I guess you can pick the 360 up yourself and pay him then or something, we'll talk about that to clear it up. Another thing, you will get two games for free along with the $100, so let's say SC4 and Tales of Vesperia (this game is **** good, lol) then $5 for any other games,

In this case $105= modded 360, SC4, Vesperia, and Sonata.

"Yo, what about Battle Phantasia *****?" This is because he doesn't have a copy of the game to to burn it. we have tried rental stores and his mailing service thingy (sends him games periodically) but he doesn't have it on him to burn it. If you can get a copy of it (of your friend or something), please bring it and you'll get a copy of it for free.

Come to think of it, don't give me the money till I bring your 360 back to you because he may not even be able to mod yours since you have to have a specific cd drive (samsung), but don't worry too much, a samsung drive is very common. Usually it's 360 Elites that don't come with it, I was lucky.
i was actually going to trust you with my money. i trust enuff to come into my home and not steal anything and such, im pretty sure i can trust you with my money...

even if you stole my money i'd roll up on you in a car with 4 other guys and make sure half your face is integrated with cement.

dont worry i believe in you =)
as for games get me sc4 and vesperia. i'll work on getting battle fantasia myself, i got my hook ups.

but yah i'd really appreciate if he could mod it first let me test it then i can give u the money to give to him. cuz if the mod dont work i cant hunt him down only u. and obviously i cant run away from u lol you know where i live and number and all.

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
Ive been johning out of these casuals for too long. I gotta get some brawl practice in vs the elite. Is there some wednesday action happening tommorow Rae? I've been to these once before with Tipz sometime in the summer. But yeah I want to gauge my improvement so I will definitely be trying to make the next couple of weeks before Only In Niagara 2

Gichan

Smash Champion
Rae, honestly, if you can manage to get a Battle phantasia copy, share it, lol. So that way I can get one to, and that way you'll have one as well.

Gichan

Smash Champion
I'll ask, but there must be an important reason if this guy hasn't done it yet. Trust me, my friend knows his **** inside out.

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Well I see it on black cats, and it seems to be working for everyone.

Not everyone has a black cats account, or can get one though.

MDK00

Smash Ace
Ive been johning out of these casuals for too long. I gotta get some brawl practice in vs the elite. Is there some wednesday action happening tommorow Rae? I've been to these once before with Tipz sometime in the summer. But yeah I want to gauge my improvement so I will definitely be trying to make the next couple of weeks before Only In Niagara 2
yeah sorry nothing on wednesdays, only sundays. i'll see you then =)

I want to learn other fighting games.

Battle Fantasia and GGXXAC look really cool.

Can you guys teach me?
if you can live with the idea you have a health bar then yes i can teach you battle fantasia. i will not teach you ggxxac unless you are completely 100% serious. wasted good time teachin ambrose and he quit within an hour. battle fantasia is significantly easier tho.

Rae, honestly, if you can manage to get a Battle phantasia copy, share it, lol. So that way I can get one to, and that way you'll have one as well.
yeah my friend has it so i'll get him to make us both copies

You guys can't dl the ISO and then just write it to a DVD-DL?
i could download it but i dont have a dual layer burner. i think that would be most ppls problem. although im not sure why GI's friend cant get the game. my friend had no trouble gettin it. GI's friend probably has no interest in the game? iunno lol

cant wait for sunday. =)

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
I think my families doing thanksgiving on monday this year, heres hoping!

I need some hands on advice from a solid GaW or PT player, or someone who knows the chars well so I can bring it to the next level. Wolfblade help me rep the Poketier =)

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
For GaW your going to have to play Ambrose, because Kevin and I cannot come Sunday. Who else plays GaW? Oh Bug does.

MDK00

Smash Ace
**** i just realized this weekend was thanksgiving
i'll have to dbl check with my rents about this sunday.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
if you can live with the idea you have a health bar then yes i can teach you battle fantasia. i will not teach you ggxxac unless you are completely 100% serious. wasted good time teachin ambrose and he quit within an hour. battle fantasia is significantly easier tho.
Yeh I was just poking fun at the health bars.

And I'm srs bizznis.

i has the best name tag evar

the "shop at your desk" is the nice way of saying, "buy your **** online and stop bothering me"
Posting in every thread I see?

It's a cool nametag nonetheless.

Anth0ny

Smash Master
OH MAH FUGGIN GAWD if you want a laugh, read the feedback for Ambrose XD

"wow man all day MK's and Snakes why is everyone using such noob chars.....u know ud suck if u went without broken chars"

My personal favourite. Of all the people to say this to...Ambrose XD

"Grande, Mine , Granade, Granade and that all? made ur snake sux a lot that all u can do? granada and mine? made fight like a real man no a girl"

"Take the win - I'm certainly not putting up with constant Shuttle Loop and Mach Tornado spam. Your Meta Knight is good, nonetheless."

"ggs, you know D3 can do more then CG and Bair"

"I seriously hope MK players don't feel proud of themselves. This, among other MKs,was one of the cheap performances I ever saw.Tornatos, and more tornatos.When desperate,he will Up B constantly on ground.Nah."

Oh man I'm dying of lolz right now. such n00bs!!!

Zephramrill

Smash Lord
yeah KingAce is sitting 3rd right now and Brose and Ally are top 25 as well. Pyroloserkids somewhere in the top 100, and im like 180th right now --'. Yo KingAce wanna play me 2moro sometime? I need the MK practice. (Trust me GaW and PT work nicely online too, just not necesarrily mine:p)

MDK00

Smash Ace
lol silly kids and their online play
anyways this sunday is good to go.

on a side note... i went with carter to york uni for brawl casuals, it was alrite, not the greatest but pretty fun. anyways casuals this sunday shud be pretty good!

PLEASE POST UP IF YOUR COMING!

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
Lol, everyone is rushing to GB for the money.

GL Ace I guess.

I can only play at my GF's house cuz she has perfect Wifi, so I can only get in like less than 10 matches a week. I probably won't make the tourny because of that.

I mean, I only played like 6 or 7 matches today, lost 2 max, and I'm sitting at 100th.
I think if I could go over everyday I could do it up.

Also, my school is having this Coffee House Jam Night thing, and they just dropped a bomb on us saying tryouts are in a week from now, and each group must have 3 songs...and I'm in 3 groups...

I'm busy as ****. But after November is over, it's straight GB ****.

Top Bottom