• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MDK Presents ~Hype Not Hate~ Brawl Weekly Casuals

Percon

Smash Lord
Falco is MAD broken too, but nobody else is MK broken.

I honestly think that without metaknight Falco will rule.
Beats snake, beats ddd, goes even with Marth. Does better against everyone else. Slight disadvantage to GaW.
Yeah, I think that'd be the end.

The whole concept is that at least with characters other than mk there are counterpicks or very even matches, with MK the best you could possibly sit at is even.

Iceclimbers sure will be having fun without MK around, I can tell you that.
I dunno, Falco does good against all the highest level guys, but some of the others give him trouble. ICs, ROB and Kirby all have the advantage IMO (not a huge one, but still). Falcos are fun to fight. :p

the only 2 REALLY bad matchups falco had were MK and Kirby...
maybe DDD vs falco is alright but thats just because i play DDD so i dont think its that bad since I havent really faced a really good falco yet
although I can see a falco just camping the hell out of DDD on final or someting where ddd cant do ****
wait so MK is COMPLETELY broken all of a sudden? he has broken moves just like snake and a really good recovery but to be honest its mostly only the better players that see this...
for example julians wario was beating out every MK at the time except nates
ambrose GaW won T9 having to beat like 4 MK mains
nates falco pretty much goes even with most metaknights in the GTA
maxs snake and kirby pretty much never lose to metaknights here

see how metaknight can be beaten by a lot of different players? because they find ways around it...you cant say MK is COMPLETELY broken yes hes broken but not to the point where its "i play mk i get a free win"
I forgot why I quoted this >_>

Phil we need to practice soon...!

Runawayfire

Smash Lord
Yeah, I'd find Kirby to be his hardest matchup overall. He actually allmost seems built to neutralize Falco's advantages.
(Still doable though of course, just hard)
Ics next, but they are a lot more doable as long as you just run like a *****.
Rob gets completely shut down by lasers though. The only thing he can pull on you are edge gimps, but as far as his actual game goes he's doomed.
Falco really does have the highest level of projectile in the metagame, so other characters like Rob who rely on them suddenly can't half as much.

I'm just saying, IMO Falco matchup analysis probably balances the most out of the removal of MK because suddenly he is the only character who beats both DDD and Snake. Which at that point would be 2/3 of the top 3.... with him being the third.... That is way too awesome.

A lot of other characters also benifit a lot (ICs, DDD and Snake themselves) but not that much.

Percon

Smash Lord
Yeah Falco gains the most out of the high-tiers if that were to happen.

Also, I still thing ROB has the advantage. No CG for falco, hard to kill, and ALL of ROB's aerials go through falco's >B (as well as beat him out in the air). Lasers are annoying I guess. I'm no ROB expert, but I'd be willing to put money on ROB having somewhat of an advantage.

Also, ROB's tilts and stuff are pretty **** good. Only low-level ROBs can no longer function when projectiles are involved. Good ones can still dish it out. We have to ROBs here in GTAN, so maybe that's why we're underestimating him a bit.

D

Deleted member

well the shift in tiers is inevitable to happen, just be glad that the character that gets the most advantage of the ban has a lot of problematic matchups in hightier-mid tier

Mikey7

Smash Lord
I need Kirby practice : P I can't camp him with lasers so right there is a disadvantage for me lol.

IC's dont seem that tough just keep lasering, illusion, ftilt, rapid a...

ROB...yeah lasers **** him because hes so slow, Falco can refect his gay beam and he dies to up smash 125~140 I would guess. And even though theres no CG, d-throw to spike works til 40% or something then you can always down throw, and follow your dthrow, predict airdodge then punish him.

But I hope MK doesn't get banned, people just need to realize that a different style of play is required to fight MK. If it does happen though I REALLY hope people decide to pick up Snake and Dedede and not Falco, most likely it will be Snake though. If Snake happens Gi will be seeing alot of my Dedede in the future : P

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master
I used to main Kirby...

I don't know what happened.

Oh yeh, I didn't want to be like the majority of you guys and play only one character seriously =P.

Nahh I'm kidding.

MDK00

Smash Ace
the thing about this game which ppl need to always remember is...
1. this game was not built for balance
2. was not made for competitive play
3. is completely match-up based

if you dont keep this mindset, this game seems dumber and dumber as you analyze everything about it from characters, combos, and match ups.

im too lazy to give my reasons as to why i do AGREE MK shud be banned but with him gone this game makes alot more sense.

another thing ppl shud keep in mind is top tier characters are suppose to have sumthing broken, abusable, or have more potential over the rest of the cast, if they didnt they wudnt be top tier lol.

after MK is gone all the characters that you guys have listed actually have sum sort of exploitable weakness which in return makes the game more balanced.

wow in the end i kinda explained why mk shud go lol anyways...

i came last in my SC4 tourny =(
but i did really **** well. since i was the new guy i was obviously seeded last so i had to face the winner of the tourny first match and the guy who came 3rd in losers. both matches were down to the last match and round. my first match went down to last pixel which was exciting, i made the wrong choice n lost lol.
i ***** in casuals afterwards tho lol =D

so is anyone interested in casuals on sunday or wednesday?
majority rules

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Lol, sad to hear about your sc4 tourney MDK... Were they THAT good there?

and when are we having our casual matches? i sent the email.

MDK00

Smash Ace
Lol, sad to hear about your sc4 tourney MDK... Were they THAT good there?

and when are we having our casual matches? i sent the email.
yah there was exactly 16 ppl who entered (including myself) and there wasnt a single scrub among the group =S every player is solid. but like i said before i kinda got unlucky with getting seeded last because im new so i had a face the 1st ranked player and in losers i had to face the guy who came 3rd =S.

i did good in casuals tho i won against many other ppl. the top 5 there i would say are completely dangerous and i probably stood no chance but everyone else i could beat or do well against.

and about that casual... i swear the day you emailed me your number i called you and i think ur phone was off or i got no answer 3 times. I only have a 360 so i we need to find another way of playin unless ur down to bring ur ps3.

i might be going to a buddies house on wednesday to play sc4 (on xbox360). if u wanna reach lemme kno and i'll give u a call and we can go 2gether

im not getting any feedback here for casuals so im just going to choose sunday. if more ppl show an interest for wednesday we will change it.

tha_carter

Smash Ace
Really? call again, i probably didnt have my phone.

I dont have my ps3 right now, but id have no problem bringing it.

And you can come/i could come today for Brawl casuals today if you want.

EDIT:Sunday gets my vote.

MDK00

Smash Ace
Really? call again, i probably didnt have my phone.

I dont have my ps3 right now, but id have no problem bringing it.

And you can come/i could come today for Brawl casuals today if you want.

EDIT:Sunday gets my vote.
i have class til 6pm, but i finish early 2morro. we can run brawl or sc4 casuals at my place or ur place if u want.

Pyroloserkid

Smash Master

Lawlb0t

Smash Lord
Ahahaha! Miller, lmfao. Owned.

If I can find 22.50 I will come, but I don't think I can :\

Told ya bro, its not to disrespect or put dirt on you, its from observation.

pastaboy

Smash Champion
lol no u millar, i didnt even no that chik didnt go last time, its rare that i got a sunday off so i had to make sure i take advantage of such a good oppertunity.Wuts so greedy bout shoting a spot?

MDK00

Smash Ace
lol no u millar, i didnt even no that chik didnt go last time, its rare that i got a sunday off so i had to make sure i take advantage of such a good oppertunity.Wuts so greedy bout shoting a spot?
millar clearly values b!tches > brawl.
whats wrong with that =D

100% spacing metaknight. he clearly reminds me of the way i use to play metaknight, but obviously better. wouldnt you agree?

Gichan

Smash Champion
yyeeaahhhh biiittcchhess, I finally got Sunday off so i'm finally coming.

I'll be bringing a wii + brawl, 360 and SCIV, and a powerbar.

MDK00

Smash Ace
yyeeaahhhh biiittcchhess, I finally got Sunday off so i'm finally coming.

I'll be bringing a wii + brawl, 360 and SCIV, and a powerbar.
thnx for the powerbar. btw will you be able to take my xbox360 back with you so i can FINALLY get my **** modded??? im fiending a copy of sc4 and battle fantasia. oh yeah cant forget tales of vesperia and eternal sonata

i just want to remind all ppl who are coming PLEASE BRING WIIs and WII MOTES!!!

Gichan

Smash Champion
holy **** dude!!!!! HOLY ****!!! That guy ooowwnnss!!! He abuses those wind charms, too sexy. I love how he goes for the rising B attacks a lot and how he combos it with AB (twirling thing) followed by another wind charm, which I didn't even know was possible. Oh man, I have to start playing, now that I have a reference I am going to learn this game again. Dude, wow, thanks for that vid.

the only thing though, which I have problems with to, is that he finds himself predictable sometimes because Talim HAS to wind charm after her attacks which is really gay. In SC2 one was able to control her windcharms making mindgames too easy.

MDK00

Smash Ace
holy **** dude!!!!! HOLY ****!!! That guy ooowwnnss!!! He abuses those wind charms, too sexy. I love how he goes for the rising B attacks a lot and how he combos it with AB (twirling thing) followed by another wind charm, which I didn't even know was possible. Oh man, I have to start playing, now that I have a reference I am going to learn this game again. Dude, wow, thanks for that vid.

the only thing though, which I have problems with to, is that he finds himself predictable sometimes because Talim HAS to wind charm after her attacks which is really gay. In SC2 one was able to control her windcharms making mindgames too easy.
yah talim has similar problems like taki. possession becomes ridiculously predictable and ppl start anticipating it and atkin before u can do anything. keeping a fresh unpredictable mindset is a necessity for all fighting games tho.

btw what about gettin my xbox modded dude? i dont think u understand when i say "im FIENDING" argh!!!!!

Top Bottom