• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

g-regulate

Smash Hero
i think being able to play ridiculously gay is a discipline that defines a good brawl player. The more gay player will usually win, so at high levels it becomes gay style vs gay style. Timing out the clock is a legit strategy. Attacking when you are winning, against most characters at high level play, is usually the incorrect strategy. This makes it so that winning, and skill, are directly correlated to how patient and gay you are willing to play. "Having the lead" is CRUCIAL in this game, because it allows you to camp safely, while your opponent is forced to approach. Basically, putting yourself anywhere near any sort of danger or damage infliction, is "risky" and often the wrong choice, whereas "baiting" and camping to force a reaction from the opponent pays off with little risk.

Most people play the game their own way WITHOUT playing like this. These are the people who don't place good and often lose to people, despite thinking they are practicing and getting good, they don't practice being gay and therefore lose.

HRNUT (Honey Roasted)

Smash Master
ahaha THIS THREAD IS SOO FUN TO READ! :laugh: I was doing more hard thinking and why did chu out rank me this time? We always switch off every tourney getting first and 2nd.

He might have gotten first more times than me, but look at the people hes lost to in the past couple month or so. Hes lost to sanoscky, deez, ps, esoj, hrnut and junebug. All 5 people ive never dropped a set to except esoj cuz i was d1cking around in GF with marth. Ive lost to korn, neo, ally, chu (strongly believe we go even in ic dittos), fatal and azen. All of which chu could lose to except neo. Granted my worse placings were just 3rd at woodbridge, 5th at C3 (chu got 5th too), and 13th at SNES (which i was the only md/va that went to). Either everyone strongly put my low placing as a big factor at SNES or something is weird. I guess this is just something to motivate me to actually get first all the time again or everyone firmly believes chu is a bigger threat than me and im just oblivious. If you factor in the fact he always wins double alright he is a bigger threat than me.

I love you chu and no hard feelings XD. But more people are afraid to play me than u. It just doesnt really add up.

Well when your character can kill almost every character in one grab no one wants to fight that they much rather get outplayed instead of outgayed lol no hard feelings XD

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
if it helps, i was surprised to see that meep wasn't 1st esp when you consider chu's losses in comparison to meep's losses

Azen Zagenite

Smash Champion
=^_^=

I wish I was good at gayness, but its still way funner for me to play my own unique style even if I place bad.

I fear Meep the most in Brawl like I feared Chu the most in Melee lolllz

ChaosKnight

Smash Master
/sigh all this pride talkin is making me reminisce about md/va melee days ......... how no one could touch this region ....

what happened people just stopped trying ??

<--- stopped trying....

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Inui, why do you always create situations where you can john afterwards? If you guys didn't have the people you wanted, you shouldn't have crew battled.
I didn't create it. ADHD and ksizzle both left and Mew2King was drunk or something, so we were crippled.

I agree. Inui goes D3 against PX and still loses on his own counterpick. wut a scrub. But I'm a nobody.
So what? PhantomX is extremely good, and it was an MK-banned event where I didn't have my main. I just used Dedede because Wario vs Snake is usually uncomfortable for me (even though I ***** Lee Martin in tourny in it, lmao).

I don't think MD/VA want me as their leader since I'm too cocky LOLZ. Well that sucks. Oh well, I'm still the best in MD/VA according to the rankings.
It doesn't matter. You are the leader, just like I lead NJ.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
QFT

Regardless of the rankings, Atomsk is indeed our best player overall when you take doubles and characters into account.

He is significantly better than ADHD and Anti as an overall player.

GL beating my MK with Olimar. It's probably not going to happen.

It's a legit fact, douchebag.

Come on, Inui. "take characters into account." Come on dude, a win is a win. That's like saying "what if Chu/NEO mained metaknight?" "what if meep wasn't using ice climbers?" Brawl is NOT a balanced game, this much we know. Regardless of who you think is "more skilled" than who, character plays a large part in Victory. If I beat you because I chain grabbed you to death, banana comboed you to death, or nadod you to death, it doesn't matter. I obtained victory, the POINT of the game... and if I obtain victory more OFTEN than you, that means me > you, at the end of the day.

I really wish you would post more intelligently Inui, and this entire thread is ********

Inui

Banned via Warnings
Come on, Inui. "take characters into account." Come on dude, a win is a win. That's like saying "what if Chu/NEO mained metaknight?" "what if meep wasn't using ice climbers?" Brawl is NOT a balanced game, this much we know. Regardless of who you think is "more skilled" than who, character plays a large part in Victory. If I beat you because I chain grabbed you to death, banana comboed you to death, or nadod you to death, it doesn't matter. I obtained victory, the POINT of the game... and if I obtain victory more OFTEN than you, that means me > you, at the end of the day.

I really wish you would post more intelligently Inui, and this entire thread is ********
Dude, I'm totally aware of that. I put ADHD at 1st over Atomsk on NJ's list despite me thinking Atomsk is better.

I'm talking only about my opinion of their skill, and Atomsk is much better than ADHD in teams and can **** tournaments with literally ten or more characters while ADHD is only good at one (Atomsk is also much better than ADHD at Melee). Atomsk is the overall better player by a lot, but yes, ADHD performs better in singles, which the rankings reflect.

I'm aware of everything you said already.

do you realized what you have just done neo

good luck friend :3
NEO has earned a lot of respect from me. I'm not about to just try and smite him with gifs.

TheLastCacely

Smash Hero
Instead of pulling up tourny records, character disputes, a is better than b stuff, at *POUND* 4 lets have a 20 men crew battle 20 for Md/Va and 20 from Ny/Nj

Im pretty sure that'd settle everything
Lets go ahead and put North Carolina in that mix

Lobos

Smash Master
20 is a lot yo :s sorry kadaj :/ and is sova md/va? i thought thy were separate O.o
Technically sova is VA, but its south VA........We should not be called MD/VA....we should change to DMV (DC/Maryland/Virginia) since we basically are the region around the beltway and DC.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Technically sova is VA, but its south VA........We should not be called MD/VA....we should change to DMV (DC/Maryland/Virginia) since we basically are the region around the beltway and DC.
most people are a$$holes in this region like the department of motor vehicles so it makes sense.:laugh:

Allied

Smash Master
Dude, I'm totally aware of that. I put ADHD at 1st over Atomsk on NJ's list despite me thinking Atomsk is better.

I'm talking only about my opinion of their skill, and Atomsk is much better than ADHD in teams and can **** tournaments with literally ten or more characters while ADHD is only good at one (Atomsk is also much better than ADHD at Melee). Atomsk is the overall better player by a lot, but yes, ADHD performs better in singles, which the rankings reflect.

I'm aware of everything you said already.

NEO has earned a lot of respect from me. I'm not about to just try and smite him with gifs.
oh ok lol

that was better than expected

Allied

Smash Master
kadaj when i finally meet you at a tournament wanna MM kirby vs your main luigi? 5 dollars :D

hova

Smash Champion
lmao@ people thinking i troll

not my fault no one has really proven anything besides like 5 people in our region

Chu you're an idiot and had like a 6 month streak of starting random beef with everyone in our region; you're no one's leader

when did md/va get so incredibly soft? we used to talk **** to each other all the time. Chu you called Wife a b*tch to his face at a huge C3 in the middle of one of his sets

rivalry breeds serious competition and that leads to improvement

the majority of our players just have weak spirits. come to my place and i'll toughen you all up

9thorlower

Banned via Warnings
doesn't matter, losing to sonic is losing to sonic, regardless of whether you beat him later.

BetaZealot

Smash Journeyman
lmao@ people thinking i troll

not my fault no one has really proven anything besides like 5 people in our region

Chu you're an idiot and had like a 6 month streak of starting random beef with everyone in our region; you're no one's leader

when did md/va get so incredibly soft? we used to talk **** to each other all the time. Chu you called Wife a b*tch to his face at a huge C3 in the middle of one of his sets

rivalry breeds serious competition and that leads to improvement

the majority of our players just have weak spirits. come to my place and i'll toughen you all up
hova make a man out of youuuuuuuu

junebug

Smash Journeyman
PRs:

MD/VA = chilllllllllll

NJ = RAGEEEEE!

we should discuss these a bit, but not with the intensity NJ does(war for 5th is 2 gud?). D:

Top Bottom