• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'll just say a few things...

Omni helped me pass the point I was struggling to surpass (The mid-high to high level). He wasn't the only one (A lot of it was my individual effort and learning in general new mindgames/strategies/patience), but he did teach me a lot about patience and to play smart, not flashy.

I have invented the Wolf metagame in 2011 and a lot of it in 2010. JJwolf advanced the Wolf metagame in 2008-2009 exponentially and I took off from where he was. I learned new things that made Wolf better (Grounded b-reversals, Bdacus combo's, walkoff moves, and planking).

Sure, Wolf isn't amazing and he has several flaws, but I still can beat more then half of Md/Va and a lot of OoS because I got better ~_~.

I hate how this scene died once I finally became good. That makes me feel like everything I worked for in this game was for nothing :/.

The only people I ever fear versing in tourney from this region are June and Pinky. The rest of you don't incite fear in me...

My record with most of you is still quite bad lmao (2011):

Logic 2-4
Lie 0-1 (MM's)
Junebug 0-2
Gimr 1-0
Noid 1-0
Boss 1-1
ChuDat 1-1
Phil 2-0
Neo 0-0
Takeover 1-0
Pink Fresh 0-0 (This year...Last year was 1-3 I believe)
Coney 0-1

Then again, I'm not usually very active for locals. I'll take off work any Saturday you guys plan a tourney coming up :).

Xyro77

Unity Ruleset Committee Member
also ssr - shut the **** up, you didn't notice **** because noid isn't even spot on in his "analysis"

md/va sucks because people like noid would rather spend time on the boards trying to zing people and get "internetz winz" instead of practice

you spent countless pages arguing with xyro and various other irrelevant individuals about why your samus is better.... for?

i helped slik to get better in the earlier days of brawl, berto just got his first decent tourney win over boss, and i'm constantly giving people tips

when a fest is beneficial, i'll go. but samus grabbing the edge 60 times isn't going to help me improve bro, i'm good on that. i can improve on my own + a little bit of help from my crew, and i have been.

feel free to *zing* me however you want, or keep "factually" stating how i'm not regionally competent, i'ma go get it in

re-afk
sup neo!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
i only beat you 4 times? felt like more, but i don't really keep track lol
Uhhh..I think it's less. January you beat me at Danny's. I then lost to you and beat you at that tourney in March in a church basement. You then beat me at Xanadu 2.

So it's 1-3. My calculations are off. If I take into account last year, then it is 2-4 (I beat you in July and you beat me in April).

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Lol Joe, we haven't played in tourny since the Veterans thing in 2010, bout to be 1-2 :017:

btw I really like NOIDs posts, I feel the realness, plus he's not phony offline :)

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
What GIMR said.

I just do my best to give people that "push" they need to stay motivated. It's easy to lose it in this region.

:phone:
ITT: Noid is tryna talk my real talk spot.

also Omni you didn't push me to stay motivated. you more so pushed me to take a break.

played me for hours on end and just smashed on my Kirby without giving me any real tips except for when I was playing meep that one time

then went on to beat Chu in that tournament right after the HTC started...yeaaaaa I was pretty much declining from that point on.

Coney

Smash Master
wow, really?

i think both noid and omni are right about different points but saying that omni did nothing--or, rather, didn't even try to do anything--is absurd. dude sacrificed his house & time, sometimes paid his mom out of his own pocket, sometimes paid for others to eat, all in the hopes of getting people together to smash. whether or not it helped anyone is irrelevant, the fact is that takes dedication.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
BRO! I definitely did not say he did nothing but He definitely didn't do as much as he had put forth or SAID he would.

I got "better" off just playing but after you lose but sooo many times to the same person, the same character. you pretty much just except it and go on to do other things in life...which is pretty much what happened after I stop being able to get omni to like 1 stock 75%-ish to getting 2 stocked all the time.

also he never paid out of pocket for me...if i missed a payment I would just pay him 10 dollars the next time.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
the "getting better" part is ultimately up to the player

if you're going to fest, but not taking the time to think about and practice smash on your own, then smashfests serve no other purpose than learning each others styles

that's also a large part of why you don't see me at a lot of them, as ****ish as it sounds, that's my reason for not coming

if you haven't taken the time to be able to execute the actions you want then it doesn't really matter how many smashfests you attend, and hardly anyone in md/va or even the brawl scene overall for that matter - still does that.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I lose 1 game to you, then proceed to **** you, and somehow you're using that as evidence? Yo, great job ignoring the countless millions of other times I've knocked you out in tournament.

If that game is your greatest victory then it's a sad, sad day for Noidville.

What a joke of a MK main. The expectations for anyone who proclaims themselves to main MK is high. You're not only failing to reach them, but you're also so low on the list compared to the hype you get it's dumb. Stop talking about your "resolve" and actually get better please.
I haven't said **** about my resolve. Stop making up **** and actually read and respond, *******.

Also, you didn't help me improve for **** dude. Everything I brought into the HTC was **** I made up for my character. I developed the Samus v MK MU just from pure theorycraft. In this regard, I do agree with Neo that you can do a lot by yourself. I only went to the HTC because it was nearby and I wanted to play, because, derp, I like this game.
Bull****. You came over and got your *** ***** countless times, but as you kept playing me more and more you started getting better and better. To say you didn't improve at all from the HTC? You're out of your mind. But keep on denying it.

And all this "I give people pushes" and "I'm a confidence booster," honestly? Really? No... one... cares. The only people that care are the people who you affected. There's no use flaunting that accomplishment to anyone else.
No one is flaunting. You're the one saying that I haven't done **** for the community. In reality, you're the one that haven't done ****. All you do is sit behind your computer is WHINE and COMPLAIN and ***** and MOAN about this or that or about tournaments starting late or something. That's it! You don't do **** else for this region so don't step to me about helping this community because I've done a ******** amount for it.

Oh, and good job hosting Xanadu... twice was it? Or bringing up wins from a time when Candy was still actively practicing brawl and entering singles, what nearly two years ago? Or posting guides exactly like I do for my character. Oh wait, I don't actively try to tell people what I do for this community. My actions speak for themselves.
You don't DO ****. LMAO. Your actions don't speak for anything 'cuz you don't do ****. Shut the **** up. And great job cherry picking my points. Don't speak to me if you're not going to address my entire argument. Ignoring what you can't refute is ********.

Dude, just stfu and get better. That's literally all I'm asking. You, nor anybody else doesn't need to tell others to do that. We know already. You're just wasting our time.
No, you shut the **** up and get better. I've been doing this since the beginning of time, and people have told me that they appreciate it. If you don't get anything from it then ignore it, but stop gettin' your panties in a bunch when I say your *** because... well you're ***.

No hard feelings. I still expect you to have enough time for a girlfriend, job, smash improvement and sc2 training. You're not the only one that does it. You're just the one who likes to bring it up to everyone else.
Nah, dude. You're kinda' being a **** and attempting to discredit everything I've ever done. And the fact that you just now try to say this **** is crazy 'cuz you'd never address it initially offline.

*****, you use to come to my house and I'd play your lame *** boring *** Samus over and over. And after every round I'd put out your bad habits or things that you do that leave you open. And the next round you'd put that in your gameplay. Recorded matches so you can show them to the Samus board and they can critique your gameplay and help you to improve. Bull**** man.

Ask:
- Meep
- Takeover
- Coney
- Seagull
- Freeze
- Nova
- Logic
- Aposl
- PS
- GIMR
- Lie

And prolly more. I have done things like pick up characters that I don't use just so I can help focus on their weaknesses. I've sat down and discussed actual battle plans to improving by pointing out biggest weaknesses and how we were going to go about fixing them. I have battled to keep people like Aposl from quitting. I've recorded our matches so they can receive critique from their fellow character discussion mains. I actually care about helping MD/VA to get better and you can't deny that I've put in a lot of time and effort doing so. So that's bull**** for you to discredit me like that.

Everyone who knows me knows that I don't just play to improve my self worth like you. I've always wanted to see more out of people especially people who I know have mad potential. And I'm not saying I was their motivation nor driving force, but I did my best help players like Coney and Takeover to break those mental boundaries and pounded the MK/Falco/DDD/whatever match-up into their head.

Your entire posts simply discredits my entire Brawl existence to bring it down to you level of simply not having one.

-----------

@TKO: Idk man. I put a lot of energy into you, but you'd do things like play LoL during the HTC's. You weren't really as dedicated as Coney, but I'd sit down with you several times and point out your habits. And when you played people I'd point out things you need to do. Like pick up Chu ****s and watch a bit more videos. Your biggest issue was that you get mad depressed when you lose. And you start ignoring a lot of things that I say or don't even hear it or you get to upset to even apply my advice. And I told you that you can't start getting better until you change your attitude. Realize that you suck and don't give yourself any kind of credit and then focus on just improving, but you'd always be like, "Well, I'm good in teams. I still got teams." so I was like :glare:

No offense, TKO, 'cuz you're my boy but you simply don't have enough passion and drive to actually wanna be better. And I verbally told you that was my biggest issue with you.

I did pay out of pocket, TKO. You guys only covered half the cost of what my Mom was charging me to run an HTC.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I went to omni's twice

The one time i played meep for hours on end and it was the best practice i ever had in my life, like playing someone that closely and focusing on my mistakes and what I could do better is extremely awesome and rewarding

But i motivated myself to beat meep because i kept losing and it was unacceptable. Omni was throwing in tips.

The problem with this discussion is that NEO, NOID, and Omni are arguing 3 different ideas

Just accept that your ideas are different and move on and focus on what we should be doing (hosting events, planning events, training, and improving). Arguing will not change what any of you think.

En.Ee.Oh

Smash Champion
The problem with the discussion is NOID, there wasn't a problem prior to him.

Me vs. Omni was much more civil.

And like I said before, it's ultimately up to the individual whether or not they improve. It isn't Omni's, or anyone elses job to hold your hand and walk you through everything step by step, especially in a game as cookie cutter as Brawl.

If anyone is expecting that they should stick to friendlies.

Also that's the most ignorant I've ever seen Omni post ROFL. Looking like my immature *** and ****, good stuffz.

Omni

BRoomer
I just can't stand it when people break out into the interwebs and say **** they wouldn't or should've said offline. Me and you going at it is fine 'cuz we'll do it all day offline. Plus we both know we get it in since the early Melee days. That black dude rage.

But what's done is done. I'mma just keep doin' me to help people improve.

@EE: Btw, I didn't forget your post early. I'm not raggin' on you dude. I do want to see you get better, and I know you can be better. I'm not denouncing things like your actual attendance to Ktar because that's good ****. I wish I could go to more OOS stuff or just tournies in general. It really is hard to be active when you have a gf hence why my HTC's were being thrown during the time right after me and my girlfriend split, lol. But yea man don't take anything I say personally because it's just me wanting to see greater things from you.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
Look, a couple pages back you both were making good points. Now you're just insulting each other by ****ting on each others accomplishments and denying what the other has done for the community and thus angering each other. You both are becoming defensive and feel like you have to prove to the other one what you've done for the community. You don't. Omni's helped a lot of local players improve and Noid has helped a lot of players through guides. Case closed

:phone:

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
Hey guys! I just wanted to say good bye! I will be leaving soon.

I really enjoyed playing u all and learned a whole lot for my singles play. I have gained alot of match up experience. Yall were punks on the boards at first ;) but turned out to be pretty cool and I'll miss u guys.

-Mekos

Omni

BRoomer
Hey guys! I just wanted to say good bye! I will be leaving soon.

I really enjoyed playing u all and learned a whole lot for my singles play. I have gained alot of match up experience. Yall were punks on the boards at first ;) but turned out to be pretty cool and I'll miss u guys.

-Mekos
WTF NO where you goin? I want my revenge. :mad:

KageMurphy

Smash Master
It's all good Omni, I feel you, pus pus > smash. I'm just enough of an *** to always play the - "well I've been doing this b4 I knew you so some Saturdays are for gaming hoe my dear" card.

:017:

edit: bye bye Mekos~

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Oh I know you payed out of pocekt for others but you never had to pay out of pocket for me (when we had to pay you the 3 dollars)

thats all I was saying.

carry on...*grabs that popcorn*

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Oh, Noid started that Rankings thing Omni

that one where it would rank like everyone in MD/VA...that was a big step it was just time consuming

not discredting you for what you did also but as said I just wanted to point that out that he has atleast done SOMETHING

and also lol I did except that I suck which is why I quit playing and solely do commentary pretty much (if i even show up to the tournament)

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
@omni
you put logic and ps on that list lmao, and was that a list of people your saying you helped improve or motivate? O.o

edit: by mekos, lucas is freeeeeeeeeeeee :D

@phil
omni don't know about that "i was gaming before i got with you swag"

Top Bottom