• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

ChuDat

Smash Master
Wow Chu, you're a ****, thanks a lot, why don't I point out some no-offense things you've done

anyways, I've kept very good stats and already posted all of our tournament results in our private room, but the panelists haven't been active. I might just have to pick new panelists.
LMAO. I aim to be one :chuckle:

J/k man. See u at crewfest.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Yep, see you there

Can Chu take first for the first time since last June and restablish himself as a threat for #1 on PRs? Will Boss be able to claim #1 in his final MD/VA tournament? Will Candy be able to hold onto the top spot? Or will something else happen that changes everything around?

Find out at crewfest...2!

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
sup guys, just chillin here, sure hope max finds another member for his team
What
goooooooo max
The
(hmm)

Needs more Crackman imo
F*ck?
This thread sucks once Tant started running it. (no offense Tant. GJ on the rankings)

Hopefully I'll get MD/VA to hype stuff up around here once I can start running my tournaments. The process is ALMOST complete.
I miss the drama. This thread only seems funny when Esoj posts monkeys now. Hope someone stirs something up soon Chu lol.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I can stir up drama pretty easily, problem is phil is being nice lately, and i don't have the wear-with-all to blow something up and calm it back down again

Plus it's not very holy, now is it, which is what my bracelet says, "is it holy", which is a reminder not to start stuff on smashboards.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Hey panelists:

You need to check the panel and make a post before next sunday (april 11th) so I know you're active! Then I'm gonna make a new Rankings Discussion room for the panelists so that we have control and not the inactive slikvik (he's busy with other things in life)

If anyone is inactive or doesn't care enough we will get some new panelists to be on the rankings. Smashboards seems relatively inactive lately anyways, so thats why i gave plenty of time for you to see this.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
so there was maybe 10 or so people that called me asking me if anyone was at C3 over the weekend because they wanted to come. If those people had just COME instead of seeing if anyone else was there, then there wouldve been a small but reasonable turnout. either way, C3 is now a melee venue due to brawls lack of interest. twas fun while it lasted!!

Kenrawr

Smash Master
You can't make a Friday tourney the night before a big local and then complain that your turnout was bad when it was also AT NIGHT and costed 10/10/10. The same as said local which was all day on a Saturday.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
im not complaining the turnout was bad, im just saying that the reason 10-or-so particular people didnt come was because they thought no one was coming.....not because of the venue fee or the date....... whereas if they all just CAME, then there would've at least been 10. that was the point i was trying to make.

i wont bother trying to defend C3 any more. if brawl players want to play in basements and back rooms, refuse to play at night, and have to lug setups all around every tourney, to save themselves $5, then so be it.

Lobos

Smash Master
My only thing about c3 is that its on friday....or sunday......I would aleast do a saturday night....

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Fredericksburg is all day on a Saturday and got 50 people, c3 is 5 hours on a Friday night and barely gets any cause no one likes the schedule or are working(srsly 5 o clock????) or don't wana drive in rush hour. It's not hard to figure out.

g-regulate

Smash Hero
im talking about the venue fee complaints E, not the schedule. shado said his "pockets were *****".

Also, C3 doesn't last 5 hours, it lasts until the tournament ends (dunno how many times that point gets ignored), which is <5 hours because nobody comes, and unlike most TO's, I actually pay attention and RUN my tournament fast.

Besides rush hour (even though driving down 95 on saturday morning is practically rush hour), I haven't heard any legitimate gripe about a tournament being on friday night. Do you guys have a curfew or something? Who is working at 6pm on friday night every week, but has all their saturdays free?

rofl i know everyone hates C3, i just like pointing out the hypocrisy behind everyone's reasoning.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Nah Greg, after being involved in Smash for almost 4 years its just become the norm to give up Saturdays to play and stuff, Fridays are just awkward for some people. I don't mind c3 that much besides the tool bag owner, it just needs to get the Saturday schedule back. I know you say you need to have the numbers first but look at the turn outs to other events around here on Saturdays lately, they have been doing pretty good(give a month or two's notice to assure a great turnout). I'm not expecting the whole day right off the bat since the owner is w/e but a Saturday night would be awesome(10 dollar venue fee can be tolerated cause of it being a lan center and all, so long as we get to finish the event like you said). I think you are a great TO, wasn't insulting you.

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
Nah Greg, after being involved in Smash for almost 4 years its just become the norm to give up Saturdays to play and stuff, Fridays are just awkward for some people. I don't mind c3 that much besides the tool bag owner, it just needs to get the Saturday schedule back. I know you say you need to have the numbers first but look at the turn outs to other events around here on Saturdays lately, they have been doing pretty good(give a month or two's notice to assure a great turnout). I'm not expecting the whole day right off the bat since the owner is w/e but a Saturday night would be awesome(10 dollar venue fee can be tolerated cause of it being a lan center and all, so long as we get to finish the event like you said). I think you are a great TO, wasn't insulting you.
I agree with this... that you're a good TO

just don't blame us for not coming :/ because friday evening tournament is like.. meh

llamapaste

Smash Journeyman
im talking about the venue fee complaints E, not the schedule. shado said his "pockets were *****".

Also, C3 doesn't last 5 hours, it lasts until the tournament ends (dunno how many times that point gets ignored), which is <5 hours because nobody comes, and unlike most TO's, I actually pay attention and RUN my tournament fast.

Besides rush hour (even though driving down 95 on saturday morning is practically rush hour), I haven't heard any legitimate gripe about a tournament being on friday night. Do you guys have a curfew or something? Who is working at 6pm on friday night every week, but has all their saturdays free?

rofl i know everyone hates C3, i just like pointing out the hypocrisy behind everyone's reasoning.
I would've come, but the other tourny had like 40-50 other people. I still come to your tournies more than just about anyone. I don't have a job so I don't care if it's on Friday. :chuckle:

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Hey panelists!

Please report to the Private Group for PR discussion!!!! If you don't, I might replace you X_X

Chu's biweekly will mark the start of the new season- so if you're looking to make it this season, better get up there!

ANTi_

Smash Hero
Which one of you new***s are coming to the tournament in NY this week and who wants to team?

~Pink Fresh~

Smash Master
Lol, I remember when i first looked at NKB's sig, and was like they gotta be in love or something.

Now, everytime I look at it, I think, "That wasn't what I thoght it'd be"

Top Bottom