• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

ChuDat

Smash Master
lol shut up jason, that hasn't actually happened, not even once.

you can meatride p~s all day if you want, but you're not going to get a ride on his furry fro

also. you idiots want azen, chillin, and omni on here without even having seen them play at a real tournament in almost a year? that's ****ing ********.

i forget who said it, but having any of our above-average MKs on the team will not do us good. i agree. so i disagree @ sanoscy, korn, forte, omni, etc. out-of-state, MK isn't as good as he is in MD/VA. they'll get *****, end of story.

lastly, choose captains wisely. in this region, the most knowledgeable people as far as out-of-state placings and current player capability in-state are me, slikvik, tant, neo, and meep.

if you really don't believe me, how about you go on ahead and match your knowledge to theirs? anyone that isn't these people doesn't know ****.

--skittles. taste the rainbow
You seem to agree with Slikvik, Tant, Neo, and Meep the most. I agree with Candy, P~S, and Neo the most. We are all knowledgeable and smart players. There should be a cross of agreements between all of us.

The first point I would like to bring up is the Azen, Chillin, and Omni dilemma. Aside from the "Azen, Chillin, and Omni" effect, there are obviously many more reasons why they should be on the team. They are smart, calm, and collected. They are used to the pressures of crew battles, thus have much more experience than anyone else. They used to win all MD/VA tournaments in this region. If you doubt their abilities, then you should play them Hat. I'll put up money that Azen, Chillin, and Omni will **** you 9 times out of 10. This is Brawl man. It doesn't take that long to get your skills back.
-Proof: Look at Candy. He took a 3-4 month hiatus from Brawl. Now he's beating Dojo and is one of our best players. Like I said, it doesn't take that long to get your skills back.

I definitely disagree about not having Metaknights on the crew. Metaknight is the best character in this game. It doesn't matter if people know the match-up. This is a crew battle so don't forget that we can counter pick bull **** stages and get an auto win or we can just completely counter pick the **** out of lower tiered characters. It's Metaknight man.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I've solved the crew dilemma:

My crew will be:

Tantalus
Slikvik
the guy with the flower avatar who's name shall not be repeated
UmbreonMow
PhilVisu
SamuraiPanda
Pierce7d
Alex Strife
Thumbswayup

We will commentate you to oblivion

meepxzero

Smash Master
o god lol.... lets see who even goes to pound 4.... apparently all of brawl is registering the night before the tourney LOL.

Im still debating if i wanna spectate it...

ChuDat

Smash Master
@chu
i can only speak from my expieriences... and i've played azen twice in singles EVER, and the first time i wasn't good his lucario was at last stock like 160, next time i got ***** by his peach, then the next time he gor ***** by me... just pointing out that i would take a lot for me to change my mind because people are indeed biased towards vets. i think thats why "the azen effect" works on people that played melee and not the new comers. and if i'm not mistaken june should have beaten azen at the trouny he won (when me nor candy were there) and the trouny after that he got 5th, i'm just seeing a steady decline
You just basically proved my point that Azen is still Azen since he beat you with Peach. It's not just the "azen effect" for why I want him on the team, the guy is smart. Azen just came out of nowhere and won that C3 tournament. Like I said man, just come to an H2YL smashfest and judge for your self. You can't judge without knowing who these people are.

Nilik

Smash Cadet
hmm...there's a tourney i am gong to Friday. might not go to gaming zone....not really sure

anyways is the crew thing over with now?

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace

Rant:
I think that the new comers of Brawl are very inexperienced people. They rely too much on the present and how their own personal skill is. Thus, they form unnecessary walls of egos. I'm going to call this the "I'm a big boy" effect.
***** son u on crack, new comers are not inexperienced at all. most have played many other games before brawl. They know the meachanics of brawl and They kno how to do crew battle (ITS NOT HARD!!!!) and more importantly where the hell r u getting egos from???? the egos ive seen are mainly from the veterans. most newcomers r humble and r just trying their best to be competitive at the game and they r def succeeding at it.

chillindude829

Smash Master
***** son u on crack, new comers are not inexperienced at all. most have played many other games before brawl. They know the meachanics of brawl and They kno how to do crew battle (ITS NOT HARD!!!!) and more importantly where the hell r u getting egos from???? the egos ive seen are mainly from the veterans. most newcomers r humble and r just trying their best to be competitive at the game and they r def succeeding at it.
oh yeah when i think of candy p~s and sin/deez the first thing that comes to mind is being humble

no ego whatsoever

lmfao

junebug

Smash Journeyman
im obviously an egotistical b*tch. D:

generalizations aint cool.

azen is amazing, ill support him coming on the pound 4 crew no matter what.

so are we officially split from Atlantic north?

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
oh yeah when i think of candy p~s and sin/deez the first thing that comes to mind is being humble

no ego whatsoever

lmfao
jun, sanoscy, takeover, myself (some what =P), coney, llod.....the list gos on. nicely done chillin. lol.

as a matter of fact most people with egos came from melee....

I know Lucy, im just as shocked as you. :laugh::laugh::laugh:

ChuDat

Smash Master
jun, sanoscy, takeover, myself (some what =P), coney, llod.....the list gos on. nicely done chillin. lol.

as a matter of fact most people with egos came from melee....

I know Lucy, im just as shocked as you. :laugh::laugh::laugh:
LOLZ. It's only a matter of time before you guys convert.... haha nah jk. Yeah, my bad, generalizations aren't cool, that's why I edited it out but ESOJ read it before I could delete it :(.

June - Yes.

ESOJOSE

Smash Ace
LOLZ. It's only a matter of time before you guys convert.... haha nah jk. Yeah, my bad, generalizations aren't cool, that's why I edited it out but ESOJ read it before I could delete it :(.

June - Yes.
Its coo baby, it happens. :)

i still laugh at md/va having no pride in brawl

what a sad sight to see..
DUDE We got pride up the WAZOO!!! unfortunately i think we might have a lil bit of ego mixed in there. but a lil bit is ok. MD/VA too good and if we do decide to separate then i still have my money on us. :chuckle:

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
in the end everyone wants to be md/va.

i mean just look at everyone from ny/nj who came to md/va. instantly converted through a night of alcohol, brawl, and good ol' tease Maria. atomsk is basically md/va. he's just stuntin' like his daddy.

in other news how many of you would even accept a $15 MM 3/5 against me?

*crickets lyyyyyyke*

xxCANDYxx

Smash Lord
in the end everyone wants to be md/va.

i mean just look at everyone from ny/nj who came to md/va. instantly converted through a night of alcohol, brawl, and good ol' tease Maria. atomsk is basically md/va. he's just stuntin' like his daddy.

in other news how many of you would even accept a $15 MM 3/5 against me?

*crickets lyyyyyyke*
*raises hand*

MS. CLIFTON! MS. CLIFTON!!

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
If you need a Diddy Kong why not me? I honestly think my Diddy is better then ESOJ now.. but thats just my opinion though.. Doesn't matter though to many people hate me in md/va so im sure if we voted ESOJ would get picked before me lol
Jose's diddy is always better than yours... and he know more about match-up better
keep that in mind, you mention about people who hate you, that's not the reason why people will pick jose instead of you.. it has nothing to do with that.. lol

yeah like I said, overall, Jose is still a better diddy player

I forgot how powerful MD/VA really is especially if me, Chillin, Azen, and Plank were still active.

I can't choose between Korn and Sano. AHHH, but I'd have to choose Korn because he just has more experience with Smash and performs well under pressure. I watched his match with Snakee and he played very smart (but he still lost) but I was impressed.
hey thanks

but ugh.... that was a very painful moment :(

Omni

BRoomer
*raises hand*

MS. CLIFTON! MS. CLIFTON!!
silly. why would you pay me $15 just so i can watch you suicide twice because of the overwhelming fear there is to play that is who is known to be Omni :chuckle:

yeah, u had it Korn. made a vicious comeback and wrecked his entire stock and some. was for sure you had it :(

Omni

BRoomer
wifi huh? man i havent played in wifi in forever. i hate it and only used it to level up my Snake, lol

i cant play wifi brawl now that i have CoD4 and SF4.

Famous

Smash Champion
I honestly can't stand wi-fi...Watched Kadaj play a few and can't see how he bears with the lag...

Also, can't wait to come back down to md/va sometime...

KORNNNNN~

Smash Master
I feel like I want to post this..

it just when it comes to pick best players in md/va in crew
I never get on it.. :/

I think when people think of me = Korn doesn't enter singles, so he's not good

I thought I did great job overall since I start playing Brawl.. I know I didn't enter singles that many times after 08. But I always made impact when I did enter singles..
I only did bad in singles couple times... but I don't choke that much.. since I have a lot of experiences in any situation ( that's what I think it's important)

I always did great in doubles.. last time when I went to OOS was Kosha boy and I did extremely well in teams.. yes I play mk but it's still difficult to play very well all the time
doubles isn't that big different than singles.. so I don't think it's a big problem when I don't entering singles, because I have enough experience, and I know what to do well

and.. I really don't practice at all, but I know I should be practicing a lot more then I'll become so much better

it's pretty hard to explain, but I just feeling making this post D: ...don't hate me lol

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
I feel like I want to post this..

it just when it comes to pick best players in md/va in crew
I never get on it.. :/

I think when people think of me = Korn doesn't enter singles, so he's not good

I thought I did great job overall since I start playing Brawl.. I know I didn't enter singles that many times after 08. But I always made impact when I did enter singles..
I only did bad in singles couple times... but I don't choke that much.. since I have a lot of experiences in any situation ( that's what I think it's important)

I always did great in doubles.. last time when I went to OOS was Kosha boy and I did extremely well in teams.. yes I play mk but it's still difficult to play very well all the time
doubles isn't that big different than singles.. so I don't think it's a big problem when I don't entering singles, because I have enough experience, and I know what to do well

it's pretty hard to explain, but I just feeling making this post D:
****, not you too Korn T_T

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe

Deez.

Smash Lord
let's do that at deez's this weekend ? :)

no johns, but originals will be there
THANK YOU KORN! FINALLY SOMEONE WITH SOME SENSE.. STOP ALL THE TALKING AND LET THEIR SKILL DO IT FOR THEM...:laugh:

we can do real crews at my tournament and people who don't have enough they can just pick up people who are left...

-Just Sayin...

Deez.

Smash Lord
You just basically proved my point that Azen is still Azen since he beat you with Peach. It's not just the "azen effect" for why I want him on the team, the guy is smart. Azen just came out of nowhere and won that C3 tournament. Like I said man, just come to an H2YL smashfest and judge for your self. You can't judge without knowing who these people are.

Chu sigh... your a smart player and all but what your saying is beyond stupid... Azen was a GOD in melee we all know that and he was above average in brawl when it FIRST came out... but come on P~S 3 stocked him.. someone with the skill and brians of Azen you still shouldnt get 3 stocked.. REGARDLESS of the matchup.. unless its M2k. but I doubt Azen could make a comeback to brawl and place well at any tournament coming up.. lmao of course im saying all this to trick Azen into coming back as well as Chillin not only are they mad cool they are good practice.. *wink wink*
-Jus Sayin...

no ego whatsoever

lmfao
Lol umm I guess...**** ok ill admit that was funny **** u chillin.. LMAO!
Jus Sayin...

Well Deez made it on someone's power rankings some how:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=241992

Look at the ten spot
WTF??? lmao....
Jus Sayin...

HAT

Smash Ace
Chu sigh... your a smart player and all but what your saying is beyond stupid... Azen was a GOD in melee we all know that and he was above average in brawl when it FIRST came out... but come on P~S 3 stocked him.. someone with the skill and brians of Azen you still shouldnt get 3 stocked.. REGARDLESS of the matchup.. unless its M2k. but I doubt Azen could make a comeback to brawl and place well at any tournament coming up.. lmao of course im saying all this to trick Azen into coming back as well as Chillin not only are they mad cool they are good practice.. *wink wink*
-Jus Sayin...

Lol umm I guess...**** ok ill admit that was funny **** u chillin.. LMAO!
Jus Sayin...

WTF??? lmao....
Jus Sayin...
***** gtfo

i am the only person who makes the skittles posts

black people stealing ****

Top Bottom