• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
why are you baddies still posting in this thread? go train or invent some new tech or something

Omni

BRoomer
^says the MK main...
i put in my time for MK, came up with a move, and discovered a bunch of **** with m2k. i was the first to tell him that MK can SH neutral air and finish with a falling up-air or up+b.

im still waitin for ya'll scrubs to catch up. zz.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
i put in my time for MK, came up with a move, and discovered a bunch of **** with m2k. i was the first to tell him that MK can SH neutral air and finish with a falling up-air or up+b.
Pls be kidding about that? I thought that was known since March 08. Then again, a lot of people had the game before it came out...

:018:

Omni

BRoomer
no seagull. no one used MK March 08 side from Forte who was too busy showing everyone the power of shuttle loops

small techs like that weren't exposed until me, m2k, DSF, and dojo put it into play.

:phone:

B0NK

Smash Lord
All anyone knew in 08, besides the dedicated MK mains, was that two of MK's B-moves were amazing xD

His normals were a second thought in general. Shi- Nado was so over used back then that we had teams completely based around Nado, like Chu taking MK's Nado from Forte xD And people creating stages in stage builder so that MK can Shuttle Loop over and over again. And Plank spamming just Shuttle Loop repeatingly in place against people in tourney lol.

MK and the rest of the cast was so unexplored in 08.

clowsui

Smash Legend
OK so from MD/VA I have Pink Fresh, Seagull Joe, TK and Coney confirmed for RETRIBUTION. Who else is coming? I know Luckay is interested too, as are Logic and Bio.

Of note is that it's an MK banned tournament, so Boss' interest should immediately increase 8]

Isatis

If specified, this will repl[0x00000000]ce the
Premium
BRoomer
NNID
reverite
Can't do it anymore Chi, things are pretty tight due to tons, and tons, and tons of medical bills. sigh.

M@v

Subarashii!
Who lives/whats the smash scene near Annapolis? I could potentially be taking a job with Northrop Grumman and be living near there.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Annapolis is close to where Coney lives, along with some other smashers. It's also fairly close to xanadu, where there are smash fests every Tuesday.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Annapolis is about half an hour away from cp where the umd is... lot of smashers there. And about an hour from falls church, another pretty concentrated smasher Area.
Not the best location, but at least you're not in RICHMOND lol

ArgentStew

Smash Lord
Hey, all. Don't know if anyone remembers me, but I might come back to the Brawl scene (if there's still anything left.) It's been a tumultuous year for me since I moved out here, and I'd like to get back to being halfway social again. Even though I'm probably way older than practically everyone in MD/VA. :/

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Hey, all. Don't know if anyone remembers me, but I might come back to the Brawl scene (if there's still anything left.) It's been a tumultuous year for me since I moved out here, and I'd like to get back to being halfway social again. Even though I'm probably way older than practically everyone in MD/VA. :/
Hey Argent. Been awhile! Add me on facebook and we'll add you to the Md/Va smash group.

Joe Raucher (Seagull).

:018:

M@v

Subarashii!
Being older than most people didn't stop you playing from smash in Ohio. No johns, get back to the scene =)

Xubble

Smash Ace
Hey MD/VA, I'm heading into the Air Force and (most likely) going to be stationed in the MD/VA area come April or so. Hope the scene is still alive in six months!

[FBC] Papa Mink

Smash Legend
NNID
PapaMink
Hey guys!
I have an important question. Me and my friend B-unit! are megabussing to APEX this year, and we just bought our first ticket! Unfortuntely the rest of the days are unavailable for purchase, so we have time to plan.

Our plan initially had us hitching a 4th bus to Philly outta Richmond. Where we would be picked up by a smasher and brought to NJ.
BUT, i was wondering if there's anyone who'd wanna put us and get us from Richmond? I'm not sure how far Richmond is from Brunswick, but ... thought i'd ask. Even if ya'll could let us two crash at your place that thursday night and we could all go to the tournament together?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Richmond to Brunswick is about 6 hours. However, no one from this region really lives near richmond. There is no scene there. Iota is about as close as you would get, but he's not old enough to drive.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
Try Baltimore instead. you'd def have better luck. getting that deal with smashers in Maryland as all of us are relatively close to baltimore.

DunnoBro

The Free-est
NNID
DunnoBro
Yo, if anyone wants to go to the umd game this weekend lemme know. Can't go myself and got 4 tickets (got em for free cause I'm an employee)

PM me and you can pick them up.

Top Bottom