• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Why did you let so many people call you J-rugs lmao, I coulda sworn that's how it was pronounced.
cuz just like in MD/VA even in Texas in the early days I would always try to correct people on how it pronounced and it would either be:
A) "Oh its pronounced drugs, oh my bad" and the next time they would forget say J-rugs any way.
B) "Can, I still keep calling you J-rugs any way?"
C) "its drugs, well thats stupid, Im just gonna keep calling you J-rugs"
D) People just don't flat out care
E) People on the stream pronounce it J-rugs any way
F) The main reason, I just got tiered of correcting people so many times that I just let it go every tourney and smash fest. My tag became like Ally, Al-ee
BTW :snake: trivia for any one who didn't know its al-ee.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Well Im going back to Texas, and I just wanted to say bye and this was probably the coolest smash scene Ive ever know. To everyone especially lie,poyo, logic, tkbro, aposol, and deez, thanks for tolerating all of my salt and johning in the past. I wish I could have been at one last MD/VA event so yall can play the new Jrugs (drugs-just in case any one cared how to pronounce my tag) with 50% less salt since :snake: dropped to 5th on the new tier list. Thanks Logic,tkbro, aposol for helping me get better, I just wish I did good at xanadu to return the favor.

.....btw completely random but you could try a 30 rock pr, or.........the fresh prince of bel-air pr
**** SA now!!

:018:

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
cuz just like in MD/VA even in Texas in the early days I would always try to correct people on how it pronounced and it would either be:
A) "Oh its pronounced drugs, oh my bad" and the next time they would forget say J-rugs any way.
B) "Can, I still keep calling you J-rugs any way?"
C) "its drugs, well thats stupid, Im just gonna keep calling you J-rugs"
D) People just don't flat out care
E) People on the stream pronounce it J-rugs any way
F) The main reason, I just got tiered of correcting people so many times that I just let it go every tourney and smash fest. My tag became like Ally, Al-ee
BTW :snake: trivia for any one who didn't know its al-ee.
Al-ee like the girl name?

I always thought it was that from the get-go but everyone kept calling him Al-lie.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
lter yo, hopefully you do well in texas. you should have came to xanadu last tuesday and said bye :l
see ya at whobo.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Al-ee like the girl name?

I always thought it was that from the get-go but everyone kept calling him Al-lie.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=fQBQt0Kfnvo I can relate
lter yo, hopefully you do well in texas. you should have came to xanadu last tuesday and said bye :l
see ya at whobo.
:’( believe me I tried, but I just had too many finals
You told me to call you J-Rugs....

o.O I did?….My bad but yeah the J is just for flavor :awesome:
:094:

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
you also told me to call you J-rugs....

Me "is it Jrugs (like drugs) or J-rugs?"
You: "J-rugs."

....come on son.

Deez.

Smash Lord
I wouldn't of told anyone that.. your name is terrible as is.. so it's just Drugs.. -____- Dumb stupid made up name. lol but ggs in money match.. you need to work on your tech skill more.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
If your name is is "jrugs" but pronounced like "drugs", why not just name yourself drugs

or is it one of those "ish" words as a replacement to avoid censorship

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Who the **** cares? You got a black man walking around Bmore wanting to go by the nickname "drugs"... just go jump in a suspect line up right now.

:017:

ChuDat

Smash Master
Go for 10!

Me
Junebug
Logic
Lie
Coney
Boss
Lukkay
Darkflame
Iota
Poyo
Seagull
Neo? (Apex)

Honorable mentions:
Esoj
Taj
EE
Noid
Aposl

My top 10:
1. Junebug
2. Chu
3. Coney
4. Lie
5. Logic (loses to lie in a head to head, inconsistent)
6. Seagull
7. Boss
8. Poyo
9. Iota
10. Neo (If no one agrees with me, replace Neo with Darkflame first, then Lukkay)

Poyo definitely deserves to be in the rankings because of his wins on Saturday. Also he JV 2 stocked Coneys DDD, and, almost beat him.

Darkflame gets his spot on the rankings because of his win on Logic.

Lukkay might get a spot on the rankings, but has failed to perform over the past two tournaments. He definitely has potential, he just needs to show it. He also has the determination and deserves to be mentioned.

Iota gets an obvious spot on the rankings. The kid is smart. I'm proud to see him up there.

Edit: As for PR themes, I say we go with Omnis idea. MEMES!!!!
Here's mine

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Go for 10!

Me
Junebug
Logic
Lie
Coney
Boss
Lukkay
Darkflame
Iota
Poyo
Seagull
Neo? (Apex)

Honorable mentions:
Esoj
Taj
EE
Noid
Aposl

My top 10:
1. Junebug
2. Chu
3. Coney
4. Lie
5. Logic (loses to lie in a head to head, inconsistent)
6. Seagull
7. Boss
8. Poyo
9. Iota
10. Neo (If no one agrees with me, replace Neo with Darkflame first, then Lukkay)

Poyo definitely deserves to be in the rankings because of his wins on Saturday. Also he JV 2 stocked Coneys DDD, and, almost beat him.

Darkflame gets his spot on the rankings because of his win on Logic.

Lukkay might get a spot on the rankings, but has failed to perform over the past two tournaments. He definitely has potential, he just needs to show it. He also has the determination and deserves to be mentioned.

Iota gets an obvious spot on the rankings. The kid is smart. I'm proud to see him up there.
Unfortunately, I'd like to be on the rankings, but I think lack of going to tourneys hurt me this time. My only accomplishment is getting into bracket at Apex this season (Though this is a big thing since only me, Coney, and Logic made bracket of Md/Va). If we're basing solely on skill then I'd still be on.

Iota hasn't done anything (yet). Omni would be on the rankings if I am because we both only attended one tourney this season (And Neo too lol). Coney would be under both Lie and Logic. Noid beat Omni and got 4th with solo :samus2:. I think he'd be on possibly too. Noid's accomplishment>Darkflame/Poyo's. I think Luckay has more stuff OoS to boost himself onto the PR.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
lolwut chu? How did I fail to perform, I'm assuming you mean just by losing to poyo because at xanadu I got 7th losing to m2k and inui. Then at this I lost to coney and poyo, one of which is top 5 in the region and the other also took out Boss and took Coney to game 3 beating his ddd one game. I lose to Coney and 3 metaknights *shrug*

Also, Iota is good, but has not done anything I agree with Seagull.

Poyo did good this one tournament, but only acquired wins to get him barely on rankings imo. He beat me, boss, and iota. I have a win on him from an earlier tourney, there's no reason he would be higher than me. Boss is his best win, he doesn't even enter singles, but it's a good win. Though a win on Logic from Darkflame is better than that.

If you do the rule where you need to have entered 2 tourneys, then June (unfortunately after the tourney win), seagull, omni, Neo and Noid can't even be on it.

My PR would be:

1. Logic/Chu
2. Logic/Chu - Most likely Logic over Chu because of his xanadu placing & Apex, but Chu can make a good argument for 1st I think. He won the tourney I hosted, but that was only a 5$ event and was taken less seriously.
3. Coney - Solid in his placings only really losing to the ones better than him plus Apex placing
4. Lie - Slight drop from his previous accomplishments, still top 5 though.
5. Boss - Won the Ohio tourney.
6. Luckay4Lyphe - Semi-consistent in-state with decent placing oos. I could be above Boss maybe if we compared wins.
7. Poyo/DarkFlame
8. Poyo/DarkFlame - Depends on what has more weight, DarkFlame's big win on Logic or Poyo's decent wins on Me, DarkFlame, and Boss and outplacing DarkFlame in the past 2 events.

Top 8 is legit imo, could put placeholders to make it a top 10, but the fact is the good people who only attended 1 tournament this season kinda effed everything up. Top 8 with Avengers theme is my opinion. Chu's memes theme was funny too though.

Edit: Pretty sure Noid beat Omni with Sheik, Joe. His Samus wasn't doing so well that day.

ChuDat

Smash Master
Unfortunately, I'd like to be on the rankings, but I think lack of going to tourneys hurt me this time. My only accomplishment is getting into bracket at Apex this season (Though this is a big thing since only me, Coney, and Logic made bracket of Md/Va). If we're basing solely on skill then I'd still be on.

Iota hasn't done anything (yet). Omni would be on the rankings if I am because we both only attended one tourney this season (And Neo too lol). Coney would be under both Lie and Logic. Noid beat Omni and got 4th with solo :samus2:. I think he'd be on possibly too. Noid's accomplishment>Darkflame/Poyo's. I think Luckay has more stuff OoS to boost himself onto the PR.

Like you said, you made it into bracket. Also, you beat me in a money match. Iota took a solid game from me, almost 2 stocking me. He did really well against Coney, too (xanadu).

I would like to put Omni on (to be honest, I forgot about him), but it looks like his lack of motivation to get better and attend tournaments has made him lose his spot on the rankings.

Coney wouldn't be under Lie and Logic because he is more consistent than them. Unless you have an explanation, I'm going to have to put Coney above both Lie and Logic.

Noids accomplishment isn't better than Poyos/darkflames. Omni has a history of losing to low tiers. Once he learns the match-up, he wins. Also, Omni beat Noid at the same tournament. Poyo did really well at Boss' and Esoj's tournament. He beat Lukkay, Iota, Boss, and came close to beating Coney. Darkflame beat PS, and almost beat coney. They deserve the spot more than Noid because I've played Noid right before I quit, and he wasn't too impressive. I'm sure he's gotten better, I'd just like to see videos of him.

Lukkay definitely did well OOS, but his recent performance is what holds him back. If he can get some wins on a good player, I'll give him the spot.

Coney

Smash Master
Top 8 with Avengers theme sounds cool. 6 Avengers, Loki and Nick Fury. 1st gets first choice, then 2nd, then so on and so forth. Have a good idea of the format of it, too, and will get to work on it ASAP once we decide.

My PR would be:

1. Logic/Chu
2. Logic/Chu - Most likely Logic over Chu because of his xanadu placing & Apex, but Chu can make a good argument for 1st I think. He won the tourney I hosted, but that was only a 5$ event and was taken less seriously.
3. Coney - Solid in his placings only really losing to the ones better than him plus Apex placing
6. Luckay4Lyphe - Semi-consistent in-state with decent placing oos. I could be above Boss maybe if we compared wins.
7. Poyo/DarkFlame
8. Poyo/DarkFlame - Depends on what has more weight, DarkFlame's big win on Logic or Poyo's decent wins on Me, DarkFlame, and Boss and outplacing DarkFlame in the past 2 events.
Seconding this list.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
One notable win isn't enough to get on rankings, I'd give DarkFlame honorable mention but 1 good win simply isn't enough out of 5 months. Iota also has none so he's not up for consideration, please try and use results over "I think he's good" opinions when presenting lists.

Coney

Smash Master
One notable win isn't enough to get on rankings, I'd give DarkFlame honorable mention but 1 good win simply isn't enough out of 5 months. Iota also has none so he's not up for consideration, please try and use results over "I think he's good" opinions when presenting lists.
Also agree with this, though. Top 6 might be better, would also better fit the Avengers motif.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I'd also like to note I'm not trying to take a spot, I beat Boss(lol mario), Noid n Jose this season but I'm not trying to get a spot, just saying results outweigh opinions.

Seagull - New rankings seasons started after Apex.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
My list:

1)Logic
2)Chu
3)Coney
4)Lie
5)Boss
6)Luckay
7)Poyo
8)idk lol

-Logic has the best performance overall, putting all this weight on one loss to DF doesn't negate his other feats, including being MD's highest placing at Xandu and winning the head to head with Chu when a lot more money was at steak then the 6 man smashfest tourny Chu won.
-Chu is obv the next up followed by Coney who he's beaten head to head 2 or 3 times.
-Lie and Boss are both up there, having a shaky loss doesn't change the fact they've had good showings and wins.
-Luckay and Poyo have been active and placed in the top 10 at least 1 larger event(that MW thing and Xanadu) and have gotten at least 2 or 3 solid wins, they've earned spots.

See, facts.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I'd also like to note I'm not trying to take a spot, I beat Boss(lol mario), Noid n Jose this season but I'm not trying to get a spot, just saying results outweigh opinions.

Ohs wells.
My list:

1)Logic
2)Chu
3)Coney
4)Lie
5)Boss
6)Luckay
7)Poyo
8)idk lol

-Logic has the best performance overall, putting all this weight on one loss to DF doesn't negate his other feats, including being MD's highest placing at Xandu and winning the head to head with Chu when a lot more money was at steak then the 6 man smashfest tourny Chu won.
-Chu is obv the next up followed by Coney who he's beaten head to head 2 or 3 times.
-Lie and Boss are both up there, having a shaky loss doesn't change the fact they've had good showings and wins.
-Luckay and Poyo have been active and placed in the top 10 at least 1 larger event(that MW thing and Xanadu) and have gotten at least 2 or 3 solid wins, they've earned spots.

See, facts.

Omni got 2nd at that one tourney. If you have to have an 8th spot then Omni will be on the list somewhere. I'd put him above Boss. Did Omni beat Coney and Noid at that tourney? I know he lost to Noid and Lie, but I don't remember who Coney lost to.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
If Omini only went to one event and June only went to one event then why would you want Omni on over June? Personally I think June should get the slot simply because he actually won the whole event on top of beating everyone with not even his main, that's solid proof that his skill is still there but its up to others as well.

What say you, MD/VA?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
If Omini only went to one event and June only went to one event then why would you want Omni on over June? Personally I think June should get the slot simply because he actually won the whole event on top of beating everyone with not even his main, that's solid proof that his skill is still there but its up to others as well.

What say you, MD/VA?

I didn't realize you didn't put June on it. Put June on the PR at some placing in 1-3 with :falco: next to his name.

ChuDat

Smash Master
Luckay4lyphe said:
lolwut chu? How did I fail to perform, I'm assuming you mean just by losing to poyo because at xanadu I got 7th losing to m2k and inui. Then at this I lost to coney and poyo, one of which is top 5 in the region and the other also took out Boss and took Coney to game 3 beating his ddd one game. I lose to Coney and 3 metaknights *shrug*

Also, Iota is good, but has not done anything I agree with Seagull.

Poyo did good this one tournament, but only acquired wins to get him barely on rankings imo. He beat me, boss, and iota. I have a win on him from an earlier tourney, there's no reason he would be higher than me. Boss is his best win, he doesn't even enter singles, but it's a good win. Though a win on Logic from Darkflame is better than that.

If you do the rule where you need to have entered 2 tourneys, then June (unfortunately after the tourney win), seagull, omni, Neo and Noid can't even be on it.

My PR would be:

1. Logic/Chu
7. Poyo/DarkFlame

Top 8 is legit imo, could put placeholders to make it a top 10, but the fact is the good people who only attended 1 tournament this season kinda effed everything up. Top 8 with Avengers theme is my opinion. Chu's memes theme was funny too though.

Edit: Pretty sure Noid beat Omni with Sheik, Joe. His Samus wasn't doing so well that day.
I might have to change my rankings a bit... but I'll wait to see what other people say.

Luckay, when I say "you fail to perform", I mean you lose to people you shouldn't be losing to. If you can learn that metaknight match-up, then you'd look much better. That's the only thing that's holding you back, which is why I have to give it to Poyo, Darkflame, and Iota over you.

Also, there is no "you have to enter two tournaments to be able to be on the rankings".

June deserves to be on the rankings.

Korn said:
I deserve to be in Honorable mention list!
I'd put you on there, but you don't enter anything. :(

KageMurphy said:
NOID is being considered, and he only beat Omni.... yeah seems fair to me. Iota placed 2nd at the Richmond tournament I went to. He also out placed Luckay on Saturday. The kid is really good.

KageMurphy said:
That's not right? I thought it starts after the last one finishes lol. That would be 9/30/11. So that means.. Seagull, you made the list!

KageMurphy said:
My list:

1)Logic
2)Chu
3)Coney
4)Lie
5)Boss
6)Luckay
7)Poyo
8)idk lol

See, facts.
Pretty good list. I'd still put June and Seagull in. Omni definitely deserves to be considered. Lastly, Darkflame should be 10th.

Coney

Smash Master
I think we should enforce 2-event minimum. One placing, impressive though they may be, don't really show consistency or dominance in a region. June beat Chu and Logic last week, but he didn't play Lie, Omni, or myself. Same with Omni, except he dodged Logic and Chu and June.

With events being as sparse as they were the past few months, I really think we should keep the 2-tourney minimum.

Also, I'd say APEX counts for this, if only slightly. The current PRs we have up were only provisional after APEX and kind of "unofficial," so I think it should have a soft influence on the decision. Then again, looking at the proposed rankings, it doesn't look like it effects much.

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
Everyone's posting their PR opinions, so I might as well post mine too with explanations.

1. Chu
Explanation: One of the only three people to win a tourney in MD/VA this season (Lie won his tourney, June won last weekend. Boss won, but it was an MK banned tourney in Ohio.)

2. Lie
Explanation: With the exception of Xanadu, his placings were 1st and 2nd, only person in MD/VA who has beaten Lie this season is Chu.

3. PS
Explanation: Always placed in top 3 this season with the exception of last weekend, very solid, but I don't see why he should be higher than Chu when they're 1-1 this season and Chu outplaced him at 2 of 3 tourneys they were at.

4. June/Coney
Explanation: June only entered one tourney this season, but solidly beat everyone without dropping a single set. Coney on the other hand place had more results this season with 5th, 5th and 3rd. Tough to call.

5. June/Coney
Explanation: June only entered one tourney this season, but solidly beat everyone without dropping a single set. Coney on the other hand place had more results this season with 5th, 5th and 3rd. Tough to call.

6. Omni
Explanation: Only entered one tourney this season but got 2nd, everyone else in MD/VA who has gotten 2nd at an MD/VA tourney has already been listed above.

7. Boss
Explanation: Won an Ohio tourney (although it was MK banned and had weird stages, which is why I don't weigh it over Omni's 2nd at Lie's) and got 7th at Lie's and 5th at Chu's, so I think those results are more solid this season than anyone else who hasn't been listed above yet.

8. Luckay
Explanation: Was really up and coming this season with no placings under top 7. He also did good at the Midwest tourney which was a reasonably-sized tourney, taking out AlphaZealot and Player-1 (that's what I heard anyway, please correct me if I got who he beat wrong, but I know he took names), so those results should be enough to get him higher than anyone who hasn't been listed yet.

9. Poyo
Explanation: Had a rather poor perfomance at Lie's only beating Tant, but may have possibly placed higher if not for Omni sending No-ID to loser's early. Not guaranteeing I would've beat No-ID, but I did beat him in an MM earlier the same day, with all Kirby too, no MK. Xanadu was mehish (got 9th), but beat DarkFlame who beat PS this season as well, so that win could count for something. At Chu's, I only lost to June and Coney and took out Luckay, Iota and Boss which are all good wins, IMO.

10. DarkFlame
Explanation: Not sure how he did at the College Park tourney, but it was stacked, so I don't think any losses there should be held against him. His performance at Xanadu was iffy, but did very well at Chu's only losing to Coney twice (one of the sets was last stock, last hit) and took out PS who many are considering to be first on PR this season. This should earn him a spot on PR more than anyone else who hasn't been listed yet.

That's my top 10 for PR guys, hope my explanations are reasonable and hopefully it can weigh towards something. XD

Also... IF I do make PR and there are character listings....

KIRBY BETTER BE LISTED NEXT TO MY NAME! (I needed him to beat Luckay, Luckay beat me when I went all MK vs him at Lie's. If I went MK starting with game 1 vs Luckay, he probably would've adapted and I wouldn't have won game 3.)

KageMurphy

Smash Master
We made the 2 event needed rule in the PR back room, its been posted as public knowledge, you may of just been banned at the time, Chu lol.

Also, if Apex is going to count Joe needs to post his pools wins.

Coney - I'll make a new group tomorrow(aka not this late at night) and we can discuss it and peoples feedback.

ChuDat

Smash Master
That's not right? I thought it starts after the last one finishes lol. That would be 9/30/11. So that means.. Seagull, you made the list!
Nevermind, my mistake. The new rankings were created after Apex. Still, I agree with what Coney said about including Apex since we've only had 3 tournaments the whole season lol.

ZakSwagger said:
I think we should enforce 2-event minimum. One placing, impressive though they may be, don't really show consistency or dominance in a region. June beat Chu and Logic last week, but he didn't play Lie, Omni, or myself. Same with Omni, except he dodged Logic and Chu and June.

With events being as sparse as they were the past few months, I really think we should keep the 2-tourney minimum.
I see what you're saying. I still think June would have beaten Lie, Omni, and you if all of you had played him. The dude is another level. I have no idea what would happen between June and Lie or Omni, but my guess is June would have won. According to June, he won every MD/VA event last year.

I know you beat him the last time you guys played, but I'm going to say his falco would have beaten you're DDD and Ness mainly because Falco > DDD, and Ness.. is Ness lol. Still, I have no idea what the outcome would be.

If I were to put money on someone, it would be June.

Kawaii Poyo said:
Everyone's posting their PR opinions, so I might as well post mine too with explanations.

1. Chu
Explanation: One of the only three people to win a tourney in MD/VA this season (Lie won his tourney, June won last weekend. Boss won, but it was an MK banned tourney in Ohio.)

2. Lie
Explanation: With the exception of Xanadu, his placings were 1st and 2nd, only person in MD/VA who has beaten Lie this season is Chu.

3. PS
Explanation: Always placed in top 3 this season with the exception of last weekend, very solid, but I don't see why he should be higher than Chu when they're 1-1 this season and Chu outplaced him at 2 of 3 tourneys they were at.

4. June/Coney

5. June/Coney

6. Omni
Explanation: Only entered one tourney this season but got 2nd, everyone else in MD/VA who has gotten 2nd at an MD/VA tourney has already been listed above.

7. Boss
Explanation: Won an Ohio tourney (although it was MK banned and had weird stages, which is why I don't weigh it over Omni's 2nd at Lie's) and got 7th at Lie's and 5th at Chu's, so I think those results are more solid this season than anyone else who hasn't been listed above yet.

8. Luckay
Explanation: Was really up and coming this season with no placings under top 7. He also did good at the Midwest tourney which was a reasonably-sized tourney, taking out AlphaZealot and Player-1 (that's what I heard anyway, please correct me if I got who he beat wrong, but I know he took names), so those results should be enough to get him higher than anyone who hasn't been listed yet.

9. Poyo
Explanation: Had a rather poor perfomance at Lie's only beating Tant, but may have possibly placed higher if not for Omni sending No-ID to loser's early. Not guaranteeing I would've beat No-ID, but I did beat him in an MM earlier the same day, with all Kirby too, no MK. Xanadu was mehish (got 9th), but beat DarkFlame who beat PS this season as well, so that win could count for something. At Chu's, I only lost to June and Coney and took out Luckay, Iota and Boss which are all good wins, IMO.

10. DarkFlame
Explanation: Not sure how he did at the College Park tourney, but it was stacked, so I don't think any losses there should be held against him. His performance at Xanadu was iffy, but did very well at Chu's only losing to Coney twice (one of the sets was last stock, last hit) and took out PS who many are considering to be first on PR this season. This should earn him a spot on PR more than anyone else who hasn't been listed yet.

That's my top 10 for PR guys, hope my explanations are reasonable and hopefully it can weigh towards something. XD

Also... IF I do make PR and there are character listings....

KIRBY BETTER BE LISTED NEXT TO MY NAME! (I needed him to beat Luckay, Luckay beat me when I went all MK vs him at Lie's. If I went MK starting with game 1 vs Luckay, he probably would've adapted and I wouldn't have won game 3.)
It's pretty interesting how you put me in first because I out placed Logic in 2 out of 3 tourneys LOL. If that is the case, then yeah, I should get the #1 spot.

Kirby will be listed next to your name if you make it on, of course (next to MK).

KageMurphy said:
We made the 2 event needed rule in the PR back room, its been posted as public knowledge, you may of just been banned at the time, Chu lol.

Also, if Apex is going to count Joe needs to post his pools wins.

Coney - I'll make a new group tomorrow(aka not this late at night) and we can discuss it and peoples feedback.
Like I said, we need to focus more on skill rather than attendance.

Can I get an invitation to the group?

Edit: I forgot to mention, yeah we could do the avengers even if we did top 10

According to http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Avengers_(comics), there's other avengers.

ant-man
Wasp
the Vision (snes game captain america and the avengers)
Black Widow
Hawkeye
Thor
Hulk
Bruce Banner
Ironman
Captain America
Nick Fury/Loki?/Phil Coulson

I call Hawkeye

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I don't feel having to go to two tourneys is fair considering we only had 4 MD/VA tourneys this season and one was a one week notice tourney (College Park). As Chu said, from his performance yesterday, June is on a skill level higher than anyone in MD/VA (currently) and it'd be unfair for him not to make PR. I don't know if anyone except for Luckay actually attended all 4 of MD/VA's tourneys this season (I know PS was at the Canada tourney the same weekend of Lie's tourney, but he attended all 3 of MD/VA's other tourneys).

Not sure about Apex counting or not. Only people in MD/VA (I think) who made it to bracket at Apex were PS, Coney and Seagull. It was before our current PR was made, but Seagull not being ranked is actually kinda iffy. I dunno. If it does count, I think it'd solidify Coney being higher than June on the list I made, Seagull would be higher than me and Luckay (DarkFlame would lose his 10th spot, but still deserves an honorable mention at least). I think PS would stay the same either way.

Anyway, I gotta go to bed now, so that's all my input for now.

DarkFlameX

Smash Apprentice
I might have to change my rankings a bit... but I'll wait to see what other people say.

Luckay, when I say "you fail to perform", I mean you lose to people you shouldn't be losing to. If you can learn that metaknight match-up, then you'd look much better. That's the only thing that's holding you back, which is why I have to give it to Poyo, Darkflame, and Iota over you.

Also, there is no "you have to enter two tournaments to be able to be on the rankings".

June deserves to be on the rankings.

I'd put you on there, but you don't enter anything. :(

NOID is being considered, and he only beat Omni.... yeah seems fair to me. Iota placed 2nd at the Richmond tournament I went to. He also out placed Luckay on Saturday. The kid is really good.

Pretty good list. I'd still put June and Seagull in. Omni definitely deserves to be considered. Lastly, Darkflame should be 10th.
I don't feel having to go to two tourneys is fair considering we only had 4 MD/VA tourneys this season and one was a one week notice tourney (College Park). As Chu said, from his performance yesterday, June is on a skill level higher than anyone in MD/VA (currently) and it'd be unfair for him not to make PR. I don't know if anyone except for Luckay actually attended all 4 of MD/VA's tourneys this season (I know PS was at the Canada tourney the same weekend of Lie's tourney, but he attended all 3 of MD/VA's other tourneys).

Not sure about Apex counting or not. Only people in MD/VA (I think) who made it to bracket at Apex were PS, Coney and Seagull. It was before our current PR was made, but Seagull not being ranked is actually kinda iffy. I dunno. If it does count, I think it'd solidify Coney being higher than June on the list I made, Seagull would be higher than me and Luckay (DarkFlame would lose his 10th spot, but still deserves an honorable mention at least). I think PS would stay the same either way.

Anyway, I gotta go to bed now, so that's all my input for now.

thanks chu, and you too poyo! Im trying to stand from the most neutral standpoint, but I understand if I don't make the top 10 PR list for this season. In my honest opinion, the only way I see Seagull not taking my spot is just because he hasn't attended as many MD/VA events as I have this season as I have I think, but dont quote me on that just yet. Overall, he's the much better player than myself, but it's really up to you guys to decide, I appreciate the recognition more than anything, it means a lot after I've come out and put in hard work :D! But yeah regardless on the outcome, Seagull as of right now would be considered the top 10 spot than myself, just because he wins more than me, beats the other players in this region, and consistently places higher. It'd be awesome to make the PR list though, in that case if there's any possibility, I call Spiderman XD!

Top Bottom