• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Yeah it was on spike tv last night. You can youtube Playstation all stars and find it.

I'm not playing it unless someone cool is involved that has meaning to me, like i've played all the nintendo games, but the sony franchises i've barely gotten into. I haven't even completed the first ratchet and clank or jak and daxter. Let alone crash bandicoot or spyro. Didn't ever play sly, god of war, katamari, little big planet, uncharted, or any of that. I'm a nintendo fanboy. The only reason i had a ps2 was for Metal Gear Kingdom Hearts and Devil May Cry and to play my PS1 rpgs.

Coney

Smash Master
Yeah it was on spike tv last night. You can youtube Playstation all stars and find it.

I'm not playing it unless someone cool is involved that has meaning to me, like i've played all the nintendo games, but the sony franchises i've barely gotten into. I haven't even completed the first ratchet and clank or jak and daxter. Let alone crash bandicoot or spyro. Didn't ever play sly, god of war, katamari, little big planet, uncharted, or any of that. I'm a nintendo fanboy. The only reason i had a ps2 was for Metal Gear Kingdom Hearts and Devil May Cry and to play my PS1 rpgs.
exactly, gonna be a total character purist for parappa I think. like honestly who gives two ****s about fat princess

:phone:

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I sold mine for an Xbox. I'll watch the spike tv vid when I get home. Don't know who I'd main...Could this be a tourney competitive game and if it was then we'd be bringing heavy *** Ps3's and LCD tv's? Hopefully so.

:018:

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Lcds aren't heavy

Well mine isn't but you could still play on the old tvs. But I don't think it will hold water, looks about as competitive as turtles smash up.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
PS3s aren't heavy either. Just somewhat large.

And yeah, it seems like it uses the Smash-up engine more than Brawl. And TMNT Smash-up was beyond ***.

Coney

Smash Master
sorry to double post but its been a while

have an idea for new PR in terms of formatting...need the right theme though.

anyone like skullgirls as a theme? someone was talking about top 8 pr, and there are 8 playable characters with very distinct personalities, mite b cool

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
So you can play it for 2 months before that game also dies? Lol. Don't even bother, broski.

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I had such high hopes for SFxT tho...;-;

everyone just **** talks it and I'm out here like seems pretty legit to me

also I'm better at free roam fighters anyway. DOA, SC5, Power stone!, and Tekken.

Matador

Maybe Even...Utopian?
FG communities **** talk everything though. You'd think NObody likes UMvC3 from the way people talk about it.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
TBH the sony game looks like ***. It'll probably be fun though

Keitaro

Banned via Administration
TBH the sony game looks like ***. It'll probably be fun though
Yeah I don't know how people don't notice this. The game graphically looks like ****. Can barely see the characters and you have to kill with a special?... Still wanna see if they change some stuff around to make it better.

Keitaro

Where does it say you gotta kill with a special?

I don't remember where exactly, but you can notice it through the gameplay videos. When you hit people you gain special meter. When it becomes full you can use your special and the specials are 1 hit KOs. Can't die any other way.

Keitaro

Keitaro I'm sure they're gonna add life bars
Yeah I just recently heard that they are working on a stock format similar to smash bros, but still at best it'll be like stamina. I can't imagine them fitting in a mode with percents and such and there's no such thing as ring outs in this game from what I'm seeing.

Chibo's vid although long goes over a lot of stuff: http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=1OGsfDPjuJo

One good thing about the game is that it is anti-camping since you need to fight to gain super to then kill your opponent.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
Autocorrect :l

I don't see how it promotes fighting. There are orbs you can collect to gain special meter and you can still run away and hit when someone approaches.

Mekos

Smash Master
NNID
Mekos123
I had such high hopes for SFxT tho...;-;

everyone just **** talks it and I'm out here like seems pretty legit to me

also I'm better at free roam fighters anyway. DOA, SC5, Power stone!, and Tekken.
Power Stone 2 was so awesome! If they made a third one that would be my competitive game of choice. I wander if it ever had a competitive scene.

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Well Im going back to Texas, and I just wanted to say bye and this was probably the coolest smash scene Ive ever know. To everyone especially lie,poyo, logic, tkbro, aposol, and deez, thanks for tolerating all of my salt and johning in the past. I wish I could have been at one last MD/VA event so yall can play the new Jrugs (drugs-just in case any one cared how to pronounce my tag) with 50% less salt since :snake: dropped to 5th on the new tier list. Thanks Logic,tkbro, aposol for helping me get better, I just wish I did good at xanadu to return the favor.

.....btw completely random but you could try a 30 rock pr, or.........the fresh prince of bel-air pr

Top Bottom