• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Wtf? Don't put me on the list? It'll make when I randomly show up to a tournament and get Top 3 all the more sweeter.

Won't be active for a really long time though now that I'm studying for the CPA. If SSB4 isn't out by then I'll definitely be back and should have some kind of vehicle.

FYI, I can't remember the last time I've lost to Logic. <3.

I think I agree with everything Chu says.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Skill is reflected through results, when Iota racks up some wins then he can be considered, until then no one gets put on by mere opinion when they have no wins to back it, the VA bias is getting annoying. DarkFlame has one good win in 5 months, that's Logic, he will get HM like everyone else has in his situation b4.

-Lie's basement event in Feb
-Some VA event Tope hosted with Brawl as a side event where only Chu n Iota attended.
-A smashfest announced with less then a weeks notice in CP that had a 7 man tourny randomly
-Xanadu
-OOS events

That's what we're working with. Unless Joe went to something after Apex he still doesn't meet the activity thing but because he's PR'd now and got the wins at Apex he could possibly snag a spot. June showed up and won the event with a secondary, it be more ******** not to have him on but just know if its top 8 then Luckkay and Poyo most likely are losing their spots to those 2.

:017:

Omni

BRoomer
But you have to be consistent. If you set requirements to join then you follow them all the way or you abolish them i.e. June and I can't be PR'd. Same applies to Noid I believe. Considering there were barely any tournaments this period I'd set the bar down to 1 for this season.

Here's the unofficial list based on I'm-Omni-So-I-Know-What's-Up:

1.) June
2.) Chu
3.) Lie
4.) Logic
5/6.) Omni/NEO (interchangeable)
7.) Coney
8.) Seagull
9.) Boss
10.) Poyo

That would be in terms of skill aka these people will **** your face regardless of how many tournaments they attended in a season.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Going by that Neo didn't make Apex bracket or do anything after Apex. Luckkay would slip into 9th by removing Neo and Poyo would go to 10th(they both have a head to head on each other but Luckkay has better wins). Also, Coney is better then you, so swap you two.

June, while impressive prolly shouldn't come in directly over Chu, Lie and Logic, give him 4th for an impressive return but he hasn't been consistently active like the other 3.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
We made the 2 event needed rule in the PR back room, its been posted as public knowledge, you may of just been banned at the time, Chu lol.

Also, if Apex is going to count Joe needs to post his pools wins.

Coney - I'll make a new group tomorrow(aka not this late at night) and we can discuss it and peoples feedback.

Skill is reflected through results, when Iota racks up some wins then he can be considered, until then no one gets put on by mere opinion when they have no wins to back it, the VA bias is getting annoying. DarkFlame has one good win in 5 months, that's Logic, he will get HM like everyone else has in his situation b4.

-Lie's basement event in Feb
-Some VA event Tope hosted with Brawl as a side event where only Chu n Iota attended.
-A smashfest announced with less then a weeks notice in CP that had a 7 man tourny randomly
-Xanadu
-OOS events

That's what we're working with. Unless Joe went to something after Apex he still doesn't meet the activity thing but because he's PR'd now and got the wins at Apex he could possibly snag a spot. June showed up and won the event with a secondary, it be more ******** not to have him on but just know if its top 8 then Luckkay and Poyo most likely are losing their spots to those 2.

I beat a random, Tekkie (another :wolf:), Espy, and Hylian. Lost in bracket to Mr. R round 1 lol...My pool losses are Anti in Round 1 pools and Nicole/Dabuz in Round 2 pools. After beating Espy and Hylian I already had 2nd seed by default. I ended up losing to Nicole 1-2 last hit last stock, but it didn't really matter at that point lol.

And technically I went to Lie's basement tourney, but only entered dubs :bee:.
But you have to be consistent. If you set requirements to join then you follow them all the way or you abolish them i.e. June and I can't be PR'd. Same applies to Noid I believe. Considering there were barely any tournaments this period I'd set the bar down to 1 for this season.

Here's the unofficial list based on I'm-Omni-So-I-Know-What's-Up:

1.) June
2.) Chu
3.) Lie
4.) Logic
5/6.) Omni/NEO (interchangeable)
7.) Coney
8.) Seagull
9.) Boss
10.) Poyo

That would be in terms of skill aka these people will **** your face regardless of how many tournaments they attended in a season.
I agree with Omni only because our PR will look hella weird without Neo, Omni, Me, June, Noid on it if it's a two tourney minimum.

From this PR onward I think it should be a two tourney minimum, which I can gladly attend.
Going by that Neo didn't make Apex bracket or do anything after Apex. Luckkay would slip into 9th by removing Neo and Poyo would go to 10th(they both have a head to head on each other but Luckkay has better wins). Also, Coney is better then you, so swap you two.

June, while impressive prolly shouldn't come in directly over Chu, Lie and Logic, give him 4th for an impressive return but he hasn't been consistently active like the other 3.

Poor Neo had to play M2k and Salem :c. He also lost to Arty.

:018:

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Yeah, given the half *** amounts of events we've had the 1 tourny requirement for this season is the better option, that'll help some of you out and keep the list as legit as possible.

Thanks for the feed back everyone, back room panel will use this all to create a balanced list.

Omni

BRoomer
Also, Coney is better then you, so swap you two.
I'unno. I just think he enters more stuff. He still loses to Logic from my understanding. I only lose to June (MK dittos, but I got it next time), Lie (even), and most likely new upgraded Chu but the last time we played in tourny I won.

I think Coney beats everyone currently 'cept Chu, June, Logic, and Lie.

BASICALLY A PRACTICED OMNI IS UNBEATABLE AND ONLY MATCHED BY JUNE and NEO'S MK. BWAHAHAH

Coney

Smash Master
I'unno. I just think he enters more stuff. He still loses to Logic from my understanding. I only lose to June (MK dittos, but I got it next time), Lie (even), and most likely new upgraded Chu but the last time we played in tourny I won.

I think Coney beats everyone currently 'cept Chu, June, Logic, and Lie.

BASICALLY A PRACTICED OMNI IS UNBEATABLE AND ONLY MATCHED BY JUNE and NEO'S MK. BWAHAHAH
that's why i don't like only one tourney counting, though...you only came to one tourney this season without practice, you only really played me and lie, and the only GOOD person you beat was me.

look at it this way: darkflame beat logic, who is better than me, and people say he shouldn't get a PR spot...i'm the only "good" person you beat this season, really, unless you count boss + poyo, but even then i beat poyo too this season so that should be moot.

Omni

BRoomer
well the only reason why i said im probably slightly better than you is because i've been outplacing you at every tourny i've been attending, and i think you lose to more people in md/va in general then i do.

2nd place at Lie's (lost to Lie)
2nd place at Kenny's (lost to June) @ last season

im talking from a non-tourny attending standpoint with my list.

darkflame doesnt count either cuz even tho he beat logic he still got a low placement.

Coney

Smash Master
well the only reason why i said im probably slightly better than you is because i've been outplacing you at every tourny i've been attending, and i think you lose to more people in md/va in general then i do.
i mean i agree with you wholeheartedly, but there's no real proof for this season of that. if you're just looking at this particular season (which is honestly what we should be doing with each season, no rollovers or "head starts,") you went to one event and only beat me.

you're basing your opinion off prior knowledge and events, which is fine, but i disagree with it. i've beaten june in 2/3 sets and in the third i ****ed up and killed myself, so prior evidence suggests that i'd win again if we played, despite the fact that he's much better than me, right? being a junebug counter in the past shouldn't be a feather in my cap for this season, because it didn't play out this season. i feel the same way with you and your usual matchups

having "skill PRs" is one thing, but reflecting "what if" scenarios on results-driven PRs is silly

tl;dr i'm catching what you're pitching but i don't want skill-based discussion to corrupt results-driven rankings, just trying to paint a picture that demonstrates the difference

Omni

BRoomer
well i mean if we're only taking this season into account... i got 2nd place and beat you. so i outplaced, got 2nd place at a tournament (i think you're highest is 3rd), and won the head-to-head. but you went to one or two other tournaments so obv you have more consistent results to run by

the point i was making is that my list was based purely on what i think is the skill basis of this region. you are right tho that you've beaten june 2/3. im curious as to how his mk would do u against u but im sure you'd wreck his falco.

but yea that's all it is. i think i can beat more people while at the same time losing to less. hence why i'm always getting 1st or 2nd with a few occasional 3rds. i think the last 3 tournaments i got were 2nd places with a 1st place tie. lie's, kenny's, and yours (when Neo's hand cramped up). it's less of a season 1 list and more of an overall list which is why i dont think it should be used on the PR.

Omni

BRoomer
if i had to make an actual seasonal list it would be:

1.) Chu
2.) June
3.) Logic
4.) Lie
5.) Coney
6.) Omni

the other 4 iunno. toss up between seagull, boss, poyo, and a 4th

DarkFlameX

Smash Apprentice
prolly between you, noid, and EE

and lukkay
well, I would honestly say that luckay deserves that spot, simply because he's been placing consistently decent at all his events. The only reason I guess I probably would is because of how logic is considered the number 1 PR player prior to this upcoming new PR list. but idk, I dont want to hold any bias towards myself.

Omni

BRoomer
well your win over Logic was huge, no doubt. :) it's actually the reason why i have him at 3rd instead of 2nd.

but yeah i think lukkay has been a bit more consistent with his placings. im not 100% sure tho.

just focus on getting on vinnie status and keep edging out wins against the pr members and you should be on the next list in no time

ChuDat

Smash Master
It looks like this PR is going in the right direction.

However, I still think June should be 1st. PLEASE put him up there. He's obviously our best player and deserves the spot. Also, please don't put so much emphasis on attendance. Attendance is fine and fair, but it should be looked at second. That's the main thing I want panelists to stay away from.

DarkFlameX

Smash Apprentice
well your win over Logic was huge, no doubt. :) it's actually the reason why i have him at 3rd instead of 2nd.

but yeah i think lukkay has been a bit more consistent with his placings. im not 100% sure tho.

just focus on getting on vinnie status and keep edging out wins against the pr members and you should be on the next list in no time
Last thing I have to add, but it's pretty insignificant, I want to prove myself worthy of the PR list by tournament placings, I did win over luckay twice in MM's, I also won (but I dont think it's legit) in a free tournament that Zant hosted back in december. There wasn't any money involved that tournament so I think it's pretty insignificant. He did kinda **** me though in a friendly set we had at his tournament in UMBC XD!

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
if i had to make an actual seasonal list it would be:

1.) Chu
2.) June
3.) Logic
4.) Lie
5.) Coney
6.) Omni

the other 4 iunno. toss up between seagull, boss, poyo, and a 4th
I think this is probably the most accurate list made so far but I'm still iffy about PS being higher than Lie when Lie won the head to head vs him, getting him 2nd at that tourney and has a 1st place this season too. Sure he may have got 9th at Xanadu, but PS got 9th last weekend too, so they both have one bad tourney. Only person in MD/VA who has beaten Lie this season is Chu, I don't see PS being higher than Lie.

As for the last four, Luckay should be that fourth and higher than me honestly (I'd say the order should be Boss, Seagull, Luckay then me). Yeah, I did good last weekend beating him, Iota and Boss, but he did beat me at Lie's, so we're 1-1 this season. But Luckay still outplaced me in 2 out of 3 tourneys we entered this season (Lie's and Xanadu) as well as doing well in that Midwest tourney.

So yeah, I can completely agree with that list Omni, if Lie is higher than PS.

If DarkFlame doesn't make PR, he should definitely be an Honorable Mention at least. His win over PS was huge and was extremely close to beating Coney, he has mad skill. At Xanadu he only lost to Chu in the ICs ditto (which Chu learned to beat Meep back when Meep was ****** MD/VA) and me (I've never lost to an ICs in tourney unless it's a top ICs, Meep, Lain and Vinnie), so I don't think that should be held against him too much.

Coney

Smash Master
every player should have an alter-ego

adderall poyo = 5 spots up
distracted chu = 3 spots down
adderall chu = 0 because he's always adderall chu
angry coney = 4 spots down
losers bracket logic = 9 spots down

Omni

BRoomer
just recently laid boss ++
under the influence chillin ++
hyperbolic time chambered omni ++

i think im all out

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Chu, you should pick up Pikachu.
I really need to refresh my pikachu. Tired of metaknights making me look bad, inui amd poyo are my most disappointing losses this season, no offense poyo.

Also, if an attendence policy isnt enforced im pretty sure it wont increase md/va attendence guys. We're on the brink of summer, should be time to start planning events imo.

:phone:

Omni

BRoomer
I really wish I didn't have to study for this CPA. *sigh*

I mean, I'm glad that I'm able to sit and study and take for it, but I literally cannot do any extracurricular activities less I decrease the chances of me passing. And it takes almost more than a year to pass all 4 exams!

ARGH

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
I really wish I didn't have to study for this CPA. *sigh*

I mean, I'm glad that I'm able to sit and study and take for it, but I literally cannot do any extracurricular activities less I decrease the chances of me passing. And it takes almost more than a year to pass all 4 exams!

ARGH
What does CPA stand for? Least you will be making bank~!
just recently laid boss ++
under the influence chillin ++
hyperbolic time chambered omni ++

i think im all out
every player should have an alter-ego

adderall poyo = 5 spots up
distracted chu = 3 spots down
adderall chu = 0 because he's always adderall chu
angry coney = 4 spots down
losers bracket logic = 9 spots down
Talking while playing Seagull=I do better. I always do better when people are talking to me. Probably because Phil makes me laugh, which probably irritates my opponent.

Omni

BRoomer
Ceritified Public Accountant.

The online professor says that all the time to keep us motivated: "Just remember about all the money you can make once you're certified!"

Kawaii Poyo

Smash Champion
I really need to refresh my pikachu. Tired of metaknights making me look bad, inui amd poyo are my most disappointing losses this season, no offense poyo.

Also, if an attendence policy isnt enforced im pretty sure it wont increase md/va attendence guys. We're on the brink of summer, should be time to start planning events imo.

:phone:
It's cool, but don't act like it's JUST cause of MK. =/

When I went all MK vs you at Lie's, I lost. I needed Kirby to beat you last weekend, Kirby's a legit character of mine, probably on the same skill level as my MK if not higher, I practice Kirby more than MK. MK's just by far a better character.

Coney

Smash Master
PR is done

will be making the thing tonight if i can think of a theme...it's top 10 so avengers is out the window. any suggestions?

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Ceritified Public Accountant.

The online professor says that all the time to keep us motivated: "Just remember about all the money you can make once you're certified!"
Neat.
It's cool, but don't act like it's JUST cause of MK. =/

When I went all MK vs you at Lie's, I lost. I needed Kirby to beat you last weekend, Kirby's a legit character of mine, probably on the same skill level as my MK if not higher, I practice Kirby more than MK. MK's just by far a better character.
As your coach, I suggest you keep practicing with both characters.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe