• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

Jrugs

Smash Ace
Honestly, I thought chu dat was an urban legend. beating inui, and olimars with kirby. XD a wifes tale I tell you! :troll:

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Hey Chu, I'm pretty good, I just didn't play up to par at Xanadu, stop hatin on a brotha man ):

If you guys are down to create a new list at Boss/Chu's event after the tourny then I think we could bust it out in like 30 minutes, be the first in person creation of a PR and we can welcome more peoples feedback. Now thats community growth.

Came to reply to Tant, saw title, forgot what I was gonna say.

:phone:
Lol. Not sure how that escaped my eyes.

I replaced it with your response, Yink.
whahahahahahaha!

:017:

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
I would play more Brawl if people were willing to drive up to my place on weekdays/weekends and play.

Seriously, my new pad is the ultimate smash pad. Clean, huge, refurbished, and comfortable.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
You don't live in silver springs anymore do you omni?

Also I kinda agree with Chu's list. I like how he implements doubles skill, which should be taken into consideration on a PR like with Boss, he doesn't really enter singles events, but will ALWAYS do work in doubles. Doesn't mean he isn't a threat because he doesn't enter singles. Also he won that tourney in ohio. Seagull beat Espy and Hylian at apex I think, Neo beating dabuz is great plus he has the dance gif. I think junebug should be taken off for inactivity if he doesn't attend Boss and Esoj's event (but I'm sure he will) and be taken off for D1AOS.

Omni

BRoomer
Nope. I live in North Bethesda.

5-10 minute walk from White Flint Metro Station.

We're on the first floor.

Just a sample, but that's the living room. Super freaking spacious. Dining room not shown.

Ya'll need to come crash more often.

Luckay4Lyphe

Smash Master
Hmm, metro accessible I may just ,make it down there sometime. Should have a fest Saturday imo if you're not doing anything. That living room really does look nice.

Omni

BRoomer
Leaving this Saturday. Any other day is usually fine if I get a heads up a day in advance.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Lmao at omni just catching the thread title

Yink if you remember just let me know heh, i was looking for earthbound, kirby superstar, and Megaman 5 and 6

Omni- nice pad

Chu- PR's usually arent' determined by Money Matches. Are you saying that should be included?

I need to do some research before I write up the final Power Rankings. Does anyone want to gather a tourney list and link me to results?

If I go to Boss' tourney I agree with Phil that we can knock this out pretty quickly afterwards.

KageMurphy

Smash Master
MMs will not be counted, get that bull**** out of here, this isn't NJ, tourny wins are what matters, period.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Top 10!

Chudat - beat ps, beat coney, beat lie, best doubles player
Ps - All around good, consistent (inconsistent?), travels
Lie - good at this game
Neo - beat ps, and dabuz, and almost beat vinnie.
Boss - best doubles partner, smart, beat m2k and inui in teams.
Coney - Obviously good
Luckay - 7th at ohio, beat player-1
Omni - Attended Lie's tournament this season, placed 2nd.
Darkflamex - Up and coming ice climber player, motivated, beat seagull in a mm
Junebug - left over, went to the last xanadu before the aposl birthday xanadu, placed 7th

More left overs to consider
Seagull, Deez, Sin, DA1OS, IOTA, Speed, Pink Fresh.

Deez - overall good
Sin - technical, fast, he's a MK
DA1OS - I heard he did work at xanadu
IOTA - Took coney to game 3?, took a match off of me in tournament this season
Pink Fresh - Active this season, went to Lies tournament
Speed - Went to the xanadu before aposls birthday xanadu
Seagull - Who did you beat at Apex?

Thoughts
There should be more emphasis on player skill rather than player attendance. Power rankings look kinda silly if Coney went to 2 tournaments and placed third while Noid went to 5 tournaments and placed 7th, placing Noid above Coney. Power rankings shouldn't be about attendance, BUT IT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED. (It's like the panel is desperate to be on the power rankings, so they put heavy emphasis on attendance as their argument)

Players like NEO, Junebug, and Pink fresh will have to be dropped from the power rankings within the next two power rankings. These guys haven't quit, they still come to tournaments periodically. For example, the only real people that could be completely thrown out of the power rankings would be chillin and Azen. Omni is close to quitting, but may come back. Pink fresh hasn't been seen in a while, but may come back. Take over didn't attend anything, but may come back (I saw him post, and heard he entered a tournament as wario, but I couldn't find it).

Keep ALL of that in mind...

Rankings based on skill (small emphasis on attendance)
1. Chudat
2. P~S
3. Coney
4. Lie
5. Omni
6. NEO
7. Boss
8. Seagull
9. Luckay
10. Junebug (notice he's 10th because he hasn't attended tournaments).

Rankings based on attendance (small emphasis on skill, current power rankings)
1. P~S
2. Lie
3. Seagull
4. NOID
5. Coney
6. EE

mehh I gotta go, couldn't get something accurate together for rankings based on attendance to demonstrate my point. I'll probably finish later, but I hope you all get the idea.

My rankings based on skill looks like a good team to crew battle with haha
Money matches aren't counted towards rankings Chu. And Darkflame only beat me in a dollar MM. Why do people consider dollar MM's significant? Tourney performance and at least $5 on the line would matter more :c.

At Apex I beat Hylian, Espy, and two people in my first round pool who aren't significant wins. I also beat Leon and YoshQ in MM's at Apex (Each for $5). I'd think beating Leon would be significant, but it was in a MM so I guess it won't be counted.

Noid would be above Luckay for his in state performance. He's beaten Omni and Lie this season as far as I know to get 4th in singles while Luckay got 5th or 7th at the same tourney. That's better accomplishments then I have currently. I just happen to be Noid's kryptonite :smirk:.

Don't think you would be above Logic based on his recent win over you and multiple good performances this past season including at vengeance.

Neo only went to Apex and didn't make it out of 2nd round pools due to having to fight Salem and M2k unfortunately. I'd say Neo is better then me though, but I don't know if we'd include him in the PR. Boss would only be above me due to his abilities in doubles, but I think me and him could be interchangeable.

My PR would look like this (If I'm basing it off of pure skill):
1. Logic
2. ChuDat
3. Lie
4. Omni
5. Coney
6. NEO
7/8. Seagull
7/8. Boss
9. Noid
10. Luckay
Nope. I live in North Bethesda.

5-10 minute walk from White Flint Metro Station.

We're on the first floor.

Just a sample, but that's the living room. Super freaking spacious. Dining room not shown.

Ya'll need to come crash more often.
Sexy.
MMs will not be counted, get that bull**** out of here, this isn't NJ, tourny wins are what matters, period.

Listed my Apex wins above.

If you need another panelist then I'm your guy.

:018:

KageMurphy

Smash Master
NOID beat Lie this season? What? Apex was the start of this season, right? I don't recall any other local events besides the one me and Lie held(where NOID lost to me and then Omni in the rematch) and Xanadu(NOID didn't enter). Correct me if I'm wrong, Seagull.

NEO quit, like for good, why is he still being listed? His win on Dabuz is pre Apex. And re reading Chu's post he said Speed should be considered? Do you even know what year we are in???

Boss, post your MW wins.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
NOID beat Lie this season? What? Apex was the start of this season, right? I don't recall any other local events besides the one me and Lie held(where NOID lost to me and then Omni in the rematch) and Xanadu(NOID didn't enter). Correct me if I'm wrong, Seagull.

NEO quit, like for good, why is he still being listed? His win on Dabuz is pre Apex. And re reading Chu's post he said Speed should be considered? Do you even know what year we are in???

Boss, post your MW wins.

You right. But a win over Omni is still pretty significant even if he lost to him later that tourney.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Ee should be in if noid is, since he beat noid and boss. If we were counting single game wins, you could make cases for tons of people on pr

KageMurphy

Smash Master
I'm not interested in being on, G-reg and DK Smash need to be considered imo. 09 is relevant.

Edit: in fact if you took a game off Chu then you are now up for PRs so JJ Virus and Lil B, welcome back.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
that was actually 08, but we livin. Continuous prs from 08, what would that look like overall lmao

that's so hard, who have been the 10 best all time in MD/VA, that sounds like a fun/controversial discussion

Probably 10 people in this list:

Azen
Chillin
ESOJ
Candy
EE
Coney
HAT
NEO
Slikvik
Pink Fresh
Seagull
Junebug
Lie
ChuDat
G-regulate
Korn
Boss
Takeover
Meep
Omni

Jrugs

Smash Ace
I would play more Brawl if people were willing to drive up to my place on weekdays/weekends and play.

Seriously, my new pad is the ultimate smash pad. Clean, huge, refurbished, and comfortable.
Hell ill take the Marc train to your house if u host something.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I was just trying to think of everyone who has been on the top 10 power rankings at some point, we used to have 15 for pr and that's when sin made prs...so yeah. Should be exciting

Jrugs I can't remember your real name or I would invite you to smashfests up here. Only Joe seems to want to go though whenever I host up

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
It would probably be

1. Azen (only person to rival m2k the first year and a half, won so many tournaments)
2. Chudat (should speak for itself)
3. Meep (only mdva player who could consistently make money oos, legit 3 stocked m2k)
4. Candy (beat Nairo and a ton of oos players, did great at some mlgs, won a bazillion events)
5. Junebug (only person in md/va to beat m2k, only person who could compete with oos for a year)
6. Coney (did crazy stuff with ddd, but never a national threat)
7. Gimr (always a threat, beat tons of players worldwide and was a national threat)
8. Omni (consistent in state)
9. Lie (also consistent in state)
10. Chillindude (while playing, beat almost everyone at some point, won a few nationals early on)

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
WTF Omni I didn't know you live in bethesda. I'm in Bethesda/Rockville/Silver Spring like every weekend. about to be #InThere

Omni

BRoomer
WTF Omni I didn't know you live in bethesda. I'm in Bethesda/Rockville/Silver Spring like every weekend. about to be #InThere
Yo son, let's go!

Who would be down for coming over my place tomorrow evening for a small smashfest?

@TKbreezy

Follow me on Twitter!
NNID
TKbreezy
I might be able to swing it. I'm going to Tysons Mall to spend like all of my tax returns money and then after that might be free. the hype.

Omni

BRoomer
I might be able to swing it. I'm going to Tysons Mall to spend like all of my tax returns money and then after that might be free. the hype.
I'd be down, Omni. What time?
7:00 - 7:30pm. Stay 'till whenever.

No flakers, tho'. I can only have a limited amount of people over so people who flake last second lose priority forevers.

Omni

BRoomer
I'unno. Prolly like 6 people. Depends if people are bringing people over and what not.

Got plenty of space for at least 3 setups very with mad comfort. Only one TV that isn't HD, tho'.

Pick your poison.

Omni

BRoomer
Lol. Oh, god. For'realzies tho'. I'd like people to confirm with actual confirmation that they can go themselves. x._x

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
It would probably be

1. Azen (only person to rival m2k the first year and a half, won so many tournaments)
2. Chudat (should speak for itself)
3. Meep (only mdva player who could consistently make money oos, legit 3 stocked m2k)
4. Candy (beat Nairo and a ton of oos players, did great at some mlgs, won a bazillion events)
5. Junebug (only person in md/va to beat m2k, only person who could compete with oos for a year)
6. Coney (did crazy stuff with ddd, but never a national threat)
7. Gimr (always a threat, beat tons of players worldwide and was a national threat)
8. Omni (consistent in state)
9. Lie (also consistent in state)
10. Chillindude (while playing, beat almost everyone at some point, won a few nationals early on)

Coney was considered a national threat as far as I know. Meep would be 1st at his prime in my opinion. I don't think Chu would be above Candy or June.

I don't know why Gimr would be on the list over Logic o_O...Was gimr ever considered a national threat...? Way too high...
The Monterey Apartments
5901 Montrose Road
North Bethesda, MD

I'll have to see if I'm up for it tomorrow to be honest Steve. I got my internship till 3 and then work from 4-9 so I don't know if I'd be up for it...Maybe during a weekday :/.

Top Bottom