• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
If I sell enough controllers, I'll MM everyone I can during teams since I haven't heard back about teams yet.

I'm using all Ness and DK. Might throw in Diddy for MMs. Deez if you want to DK and Diddy Ditto MM for $2 i'm down. Also anyone else that wants to 2/3 mm, i'll do anyone and their anything for $2 vs my ness or DK (i get to choose which one i'm using.) Show up early if you want to mm! Don't want to hold up the event.

Coney

Smash Master
If I sell enough controllers, I'll MM everyone I can during teams since I haven't heard back about teams yet.

I'm using all Ness and DK. Might throw in Diddy for MMs. Deez if you want to DK and Diddy Ditto MM for $2 i'm down. Also anyone else that wants to 2/3 mm, i'll do anyone and their anything for $2 vs my ness or DK (i get to choose which one i'm using.) Show up early if you want to mm! Don't want to hold up the event.
wanna do ness dittos? using all ness except for his stupid matchups :colorful:

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Sure! Actually, Ness dittos are stupid because of the pk shield absorb on pk thunder, so all recovers are nixed. Not to mention PK thundering the PK thunder.

But i'm totally down! If I fight a marth i'll definitely use DK same with PT but even still i may give it a go since it is escapeable.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Because those characters are completely unfun to me right now luckay, and i'm REALLY bad with them, like hideous awful losing to kids at youth group bad

I've always loved DK. Ask PS about my dk, and ness was one of my original secondaries until the marth thingy, I showed waffle that ness was viable in brawl by beating his lucario with ness

Also ask phil how bad my MK is. Phil 2-0'd it with snake (1 round was close, 1 was 2 stock), but lost to my ness 2-1.

Anyways, since i'm just going to have a good time and play the best i can with what i have, i'm just going to use characters i enjoy playing and not have any set expectations.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Nah not quite. I can have fun I just can't invest the time into the game like i used to. I do lots of other fun things like game/controller collecting and ebaying, which is something i'm doing now.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Nah not quite. I can have fun I just can't invest the time into the game like i used to. I do lots of other fun things like game/controller collecting and ebaying, which is something i'm doing now.
Talk to Yink. She knows tons of sites for vintage/rare games.

:018:

:phone:

Coney

Smash Master
yo scott lets compare sizes

what's the rarest game you own

Or you could come to one of my tournaments, Arcade Legacy sells a lot of vintage games ;)
**** yeah, i bought ducktales 2 for nes with the money i won in brawl minus, we livin

EDIT - actually if you wanna do some trading this weekend i'd be down, i have a few semi-rare RPGs given to me by a friend and i hate RPGs

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Rarest game? Hmm

Megaman X3? Megaman 7? Or megaman v for gameboy. Probably one of those three.

I have even rarer gamecube controllers (clear and emerald). I also have some oddball games like goemons great adventure or ehrgeiz that people never have.

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Rarest game? Hmm

Megaman X3? Megaman 7? Or megaman v for gameboy. Probably one of those three.

I have even rarer gamecube controllers (clear and emerald). I also have some oddball games like goemons great adventure or ehrgeiz that people never have.

Haha, I have Ehrgeiz. **** piece of game, but I'll never toss it.

I also have a few golden classics like Shaq Fu, Earthbound, and Michael Jackson Moonwalker.

Edit: How do you not have a copy of Earthbound? Everyone should have one. I use to have the humongous box that came with it, but it got crushed during a move. :(

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Because I never got into it until it was too late. I have pretty much everything else on snes. I'm missing some generic titles that im getting this weekend like contra iii

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
How much are Mischief makers and Hexen worth? Also got Mario golf, Mario tennis, Mario 64 (Of course), and Mario Party 1 and 3. Just naming random games.

:018:

Coney

Smash Master
two mario parties are pretty valuable, mischief makers is one of those games you'd think would be worth a lot but isn't (~15)

also U FELL INTO MY TRAP BEHOLD MY RAREST GAME

ITS UR BOIIIIIIII

Coney

Smash Master
i love it!

it's probably just the nostalgia tho, i used to rent that **** all the time as a kid

btw this is the SHCOKING SURPRISE AT DINOSAUR PEAK

OMFG

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I just came out of power gamer since I was in glen burnie today. They don't have any worthwhile games, period. At least save point has some rare stuff or the majority of decent titles, but power gamer didn't even have Mario 1 or a first party gamecube controller.

Coney

Smash Master
that place was selling super mario bros + duck hunt (aka the most common game of all time) for $18

there was a place called Mega Media Xchange in baltimore that was REALLY cool and had really good prices but they went out of business and that's probably why

save point is okay but some **** is outrageous. my friend and i go there sometimes and we occasionally find good stuff, but selling **** like faces of evil for $75 is absurd

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I went to mega media Exchange before it closed, but it was like their 2nd to last day of business. There was nothing left.

Save point just moved though, so they may be holding brawl and melee tournies

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Also, Zak do you have a top loading nintendo? That might be my rarest item even though it's not a game. I'm going through my stuff tonight since my computer crashed a while ago I lost my appraisal documentation.

Edit: Yeah, i can't even find flinstones surprise at dinosaur peak for sale, period. Good stuff.

Coney

Smash Master
nah, no top loader...i'm not really the 100% collectible type, just the stuff that is iconic for the system/personally important. i wouldn't even get that flintstones game if it didn't have personal significance to me, cause i rented that **** so many times as a kid

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
I collect but i do it practically, i never have doubles or things that are useless (like every version of the gameboy, i just have an sp)

You definitely have me beat in most valuable games, even duck tales 2 beats out individual stuff I have.

Top 3 rarest games I own:

Megaman X3 ($71)
Chrono Trigger ($57)
Megaman V ($45)

Yeah, i needa step it up.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Yeah, basically. All together my stuff values extremely high, even though i don't have a lot of super rare games individually.

I never had any of the super rare stuff to begin with, though.

Top Bottom