• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

MD/VA Power Rankings: Updated 8/14/12

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
How about the transformers 2D fighter game for the N64. I have that. Don't remember the name of it though.

:018:

:phone:

M@v

Subarashii!
Google the game or look it up on Ebay if you want to find out values of games :)

Thats how I found out MvC2 for ps2 can go for over 100 bucks.

Pyronic_Star

Smash Champion
One of my biggest problems is adaptation. Logic notices my adaptability best. I think through playing him I've learned how to adapt better.

Xanadu tonight?

Edit: I feel like a textbook sometimes. I know my matchups with :wolf: vs every character, but I don't always perform to what I know. I also need to see the matchup from the otherside. My adaptability also varies by character matchup. The more unfamiliar I am, the less chance of me adapting and higher chance of me autopiloting.

start playing the player opposed to the character, problem solved. if you play off someone's habits you adapt by default

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
start playing the player opposed to the character, problem solved. if you play off someone's habits you adapt by default
That's actually genius. I'll try to start doing that. I always play the character, but not the player. I think that's the reason I couldn't excel to the next plateau. Though, it doesn't matter vs most people. Only those who play off reads (Which most people don't).

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Talk to Yink. She knows tons of sites for vintage/rare games.

Obviously namesearched, lol. But yeah, my dad was a collector for years, so I know quite a few places where you can get games for steals. Just send people to me and I can try to find whatever I can.

I got my boyfriend a copy of Megaman Legends for less than 20 bucks in great condition about a week ago.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Well master yink, I'm trying to nab copies of Earthbound, Castlevania Dracula X, and Kirby Super Star SNES. Also trying to get megaman 1, 5, and 6. Any tips? Ebay rates are pretty high for those.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
Well master yink, I'm trying to nab copies of Earthbound, Castlevania Dracula X, and Kirby Super Star SNES. Also trying to get megaman 1, 5, and 6. Any tips? Ebay rates are pretty high for those.
Yep. I wrote down all of those games and I'm going to check around here first (the game stores in my area are extremely reasonable). I know I can get you EarthBound for like 60 (typically goes for 80+) because they have one in stock here and no one will buy it, lol.

I think they have a copy of Dracula X, but I think the condition is questionable. As for the rest, let me take a look! I'll get back to you in a few days.~

EDIT: As for tips, go local as often as possible...typically it's a lot cheaper. You can always check playasia for some stuff (they used to sell retro, I dunno if they do anymore). The sites I use are very local but they typically have some hard-to-find games. Like this -> http://www.gamesngoonline.com/

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
Only tourney I been at this season was Apex, which I made it out of pools. Probably won't make it to Boss's tourney. Bye bye PR status.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Also yink the local store is selling earthbound for about 200 (it has gone up in value a lot this year for some reason.) but that site you linked too either is really high or really low, its weird.

Yink

The Robo-PSIentist
NNID
SSBYink
1. I feel bad for clogging up this thread

2. It's hit or miss on that site, but the ones that seem "too low" go for right away. Even so, it's still a steal in some cases. Your local store selling EB for 200 is FREAKING ridiculous and I'd have to kick my own *** before buying it at that nasty price. Is it in the box or something?

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
Nope. Average ebay bids are going for 160 right now. This time last year they were going for 80. Dunno what the difference is. But if you can find it for 60 I'd gladly paypal you that and the shipping costs.

GimR

GimR, Co-Founder of VGBootCamp
NNID
VGBC_GimR
I clearly deserve PR for losing to Tant and then forfeiting out of the tournament

Inferno3044

Smash Master
I wish I still had my MvC2 copy for PS2, but my younger brother is greedy/stupid and sold it to gamestop a while ago. I was so mad at him. Jw, is Pokemon Stadium 2 worth anything? That game is real fun and very few people I know have it.

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
I have the original pit, metroid, and battle field 1942 and some other stuff. I bought them all a year ago at a thrift store for $5 total

GimR

NNID
VGBC_GimR
It's hard not to be thirsty with falco, he's just go too many swagged out setups

KageMurphy

Smash Master
Gonna go ahead and say top 8 or top 10, Xanadu had a good amount of people so if the event Boss is having can follow that then I'd say its worth it to move away from only top 5.

:017:

ChuDat

Smash Master
Zak Swagger said:
top 5 or top 10

that is the question~
Top 10!

Chudat - beat ps, beat coney, beat lie, best doubles player
Ps - All around good, consistent (inconsistent?), travels
Lie - good at this game
Neo - beat ps, and dabuz, and almost beat vinnie.
Boss - best doubles partner, smart, beat m2k and inui in teams.
Coney - Obviously good
Luckay - 7th at ohio, beat player-1
Omni - Attended Lie's tournament this season, placed 2nd.
Darkflamex - Up and coming ice climber player, motivated, beat seagull in a mm
Junebug - left over, went to the last xanadu before the aposl birthday xanadu, placed 7th

More left overs to consider
Seagull, Deez, Sin, DA1OS, IOTA, Speed, Pink Fresh.

Deez - overall good
Sin - technical, fast, he's a MK
DA1OS - I heard he did work at xanadu
IOTA - Took coney to game 3?, took a match off of me in tournament this season
Pink Fresh - Active this season, went to Lies tournament
Speed - Went to the xanadu before aposls birthday xanadu
Seagull - Who did you beat at Apex?

Thoughts
There should be more emphasis on player skill rather than player attendance. Power rankings look kinda silly if Coney went to 2 tournaments and placed third while Noid went to 5 tournaments and placed 7th, placing Noid above Coney. Power rankings shouldn't be about attendance, BUT IT SHOULD BE CONSIDERED. (It's like the panel is desperate to be on the power rankings, so they put heavy emphasis on attendance as their argument)

Players like NEO, Junebug, and Pink fresh will have to be dropped from the power rankings within the next two power rankings. These guys haven't quit, they still come to tournaments periodically. For example, the only real people that could be completely thrown out of the power rankings would be chillin and Azen. Omni is close to quitting, but may come back. Pink fresh hasn't been seen in a while, but may come back. Take over didn't attend anything, but may come back (I saw him post, and heard he entered a tournament as wario, but I couldn't find it).

Keep ALL of that in mind...

Rankings based on skill (small emphasis on attendance)
1. Chudat
2. P~S
3. Coney
4. Lie
5. Omni
6. NEO
7. Boss
8. Seagull
9. Luckay
10. Junebug (notice he's 10th because he hasn't attended tournaments).

Rankings based on attendance (small emphasis on skill, current power rankings)
1. P~S
2. Lie
3. Seagull
4. NOID
5. Coney
6. EE

mehh I gotta go, couldn't get something accurate together for rankings based on attendance to demonstrate my point. I'll probably finish later, but I hope you all get the idea.

My rankings based on skill looks like a good team to crew battle with haha

Omni

You can't break those cuffs.
BRoomer
Lol. Not sure how that escaped my eyes.

I replaced it with your response, Yink.

Top Bottom